Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Why not be a hybrid Card MAn? :P
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #1582
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

noob moment: whats a hybrid?
Old 02-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #1583
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
You.

EDIT: New One-Hander Token!!!!

You're a Freak!
Get an SDG on Euro Freak.

I should already own this one too because in my video of Euro Freak; I got 9 goods.
By the way, BYNARY I REALLY want to see an update on this list dude!! I will make more tokens or whatever is needed. I want to help man. I want to keep one-handing alive. Switching to spread made me realize the importance of one-handing. It is important to me to keep that list updated. New TP's added ones; it is all needed man. Let me know what I can do. I mean it.

Last edited by Card Man; 02-17-2009 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Token
Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #1584
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

New computer if anybody didn't know. I will now be fully active and my skills will once again be dominate.
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #1585
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Somebody who specializes in multiple styles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
You.

EDIT: New One-Hander Token!!!!

You're a Freak!
Get an SDG on Euro Freak.

I should already own this one too because in my video of Euro Freak; I got 9 goods.
By the way, BYNARY I REALLY want to see an update on this list dude!! I will make more tokens or whatever is needed. I want to help man. I want to keep one-handing alive. Switching to spread made me realize the importance of one-handing. It is important to me to keep that list updated. New TP's added ones; it is all needed man. Let me know what I can do. I mean it.
Adding the token in now.

Also, I'm more than willing to keep the list going - and since you guys are all returning to one hand, I'll update the list in a few days (try and beat your spread scores please).

The tier list doesn't seem to be that active...if more people vie for competition in that sector, then absolutely. Red, you, Alek, and hopefully others like Hentai will get competitive...and then I'll be more aggressive with updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HentaiXXX~ View Post
New computer if anybody didn't know. I will now be fully active and my skills will once again be dominate.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Alright, I'm sorry I have to say something.. Why is everyone switching?
You know what..
Screw this I'm switching back to one hand. just to prove you can go further then what you think you can. Come on guys don't give up so early.
It took me 3yrs to get as good as I was okay.
I didn't get good out of nowhere..
Just play songs that you can kinda combo and keep on until you combo the whole thing
then move onto something harder
Trust me..
Good for you. I want you to stay on the list, so if you want to continue to get spread scores, please keep it on another account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky139 View Post
LoL - I take a break and everyone switches to spread. Wild. I'll still chase you from afar, Bynary. It will be just you and me on the active list, with me about 3 years behind your skill level.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Quote:
You should create a hall of fame list, which freezes peoples' top av rankings, tier level if applicable, and highest level AAA at the time they retired/switched to one-hand, with a little blurb about them. This information is lost on players that have been gone for a long time, but I'm sure that some information about their playing skill is still available. Whether to include people or not could be based subjectively, so Yessss could even be included. Afterwards, individuals could be added by committee.
That's been suggested before - I'm not really sure if there are even enough people to even consider the idea, and Yesssss doesn't play FFR (or anymore, for that matter). If you guys all were to become exceptional in the future, then I'll certainly entertain the idea.
Quote:
Honestly, with everyone switching, I'm surprised that Bynary hasn't. He's the one for whom it makes the most sense. With Oni out of the way, he could probably pressure free join the ranks of some of the best who've played this game.
I'd feel like a sellout. I really don't want to switch, and any urges to do so only arose because of the allure of quick improvement, and not because I want to learn it. Besides, my left hand would be so useless compared to my right hand for such an extended period of time, it'd likely be MONTHS before I were to fully exceed my one handed capabilities, which is far longer than that of others.
Quote:
Regarding your bad habits: 1) you need to practice using just your middle finger for up-down jumps on easy songs first. On songs that are at your difficulty level, your brain is scrambling and doesn't have any chance to process new information. It means you will likely just go back to songs you've AAAed already and re-play them. I'm talking level 4-6 songs. EASY (for you), then work your way back up. I'm glad I've always used one finger for these.
Exactly what I plan on doing. Getting myself to spend all the time needed is really something that I don't want to do - and forcing to play all the easy songs will be hell. Of course, if I don't do it sooner or later, I'll just hold myself back...

Quote:
About your arm - muscle relaxers? LoL - just kidding. Performance enhancing drugs for FFR would be ridiculous. When you go back to fixing your up-down glitch, try to focus on relaxing your arm for basic techniques. I might try this - drink a whole glass of water 30 minutes before you play an FGO, massage your arm for 1 minute before, and the while you play it, try breathing a little faster than normal. I suspect that, in addition to nerves causing over-tensing, you're getting some crazy amounts of waste build-up at a local level due to heavy usage.
I'll try that - thanks for the tip. As for relaxing, a lot of it has to do because I don't rest my arm - instead, that and my wrist are always suspended in mid-air to keep my wrists straight - not doing so will increase the pace of damage in my wrists (the more bent the worse). I do use that technique for jack files though, and it makes a MASSIVE difference - my endurance never runs out in such a case.

Quote:
And lastly, I think that some FFRers have developed repetitive motion injuries, though not necessarily CTS. Mr Rubix, I believe though I may be mistaken, has talked about how his hand won't do the same things it used to, that his fingers don't snap like they once did, and even that his hand now hurts. I suspect some nerves have been damaged. I would recommend being careful about it. Seriously, you will need those hands later in life.
The risk is ever present for all styles - it's something you have to accept when playing this game. Besides, I plan on quitting the game the moment I develop signs of an impending RSI.

Also, sorry I haven't tested your file yet - I'll get to that tomorrow, since I seem to keep forgetting...

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #1586
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

Well, I've decided to take a hiatus from FFR and whore SM until I'm actually good at this game because as of now I've realized I suck XD
We'll see what happens when I decide to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
vantilburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #1587
datenshi-requiem
One Handers FTW!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to datenshi-requiem Send a message via MSN to datenshi-requiem

O Hai.
I R Hier.
Noods Plox.
/runs awai.
<3
datenshi-requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #1588
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

datenshi <3
Old 02-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1589
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Quote:
it took you 3 years of playing 1 handed to get where you are, i guarantee itll get take me a max of 3 months to get as good as you are with me playing spread. im not saying i cant get any better one handed, im saying im tired of limiting myself. i still play one handed, but now i play spread as well. and i have gotten some pretty good scores since ive started playing spread.
Oh yea you'll get there in a max of 3 months.. I got 31-0-0-1 on Southern Cross after 2 days of playing Spread by forcing myself to get better at one hand. Yet, I still find playing one hand a helluva lot more fun.
There were times I couldn't FC anything new.. Times I couldn't get anything at all. I just kept playing and playing until I got a skill jump and didn't let off that skill jump. It forced my hand to learn the new skill jump and patterns I was using.
Giving up on limitations... That is completely sad. It's like your saying you'd give up on trying to teach your mentally retarded child. Would you do this?

Edit: Bynary you better put my name under that SDG on Euro Freak I got 4 -0-0-0 if I must do it again then omg... but I will =P
Edit2: Bynary where is my Thrash Token? or should I say "Trashy Whore" req being FC Thrash with less then 20 boos.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49

Last edited by 8 Hour Whore; 02-19-2009 at 04:51 PM..
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #1590
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Giving up on limitations... That is completely sad. It's like your saying you'd give up on trying to teach your mentally retarded child. Would you do this?
ROFLCAKES!!!

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #1591
datenshi-requiem
One Handers FTW!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to datenshi-requiem Send a message via MSN to datenshi-requiem

Origami <3
I missed you guys.
Still kicking the FFR butts I see, guiz.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #1592
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

ILY brit <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #1593
datenshi-requiem
One Handers FTW!!!
FFR Veteran

YOU MISSED. ^_^
Okis, so, I promise you guys I'll start doing better.
I got 2 new FCs today. Woo.......
Old 02-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #1594
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Hay guys so to keep this relevant Imma one hand a little tomorrow or somethin kay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #1595
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

I'm incapable of playing any FFR...
Due to the fact my comp screwed up =[[

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #1596
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

lol you always find some way not to be able to play FFR :P

really off topic to this thread, i just want you all to know that im advancing in FFR, i just got my first New spread AAA. it was a lvl 5/infection. but i remember when i started spread, my PA sucked, im just glad its still there..

In on topic news, i FCd the games we played prt 1, one handed. so yeah...i still do play one handed a bit...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #1597
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

=/ I find it increasingly frustrating that from just experimenting, my left hand can jack faster than my right. Also, my right arm has more muscle yet is worse at lifting, and has worse stamina. Maybe I should teach myself how to play with my dominant hand?
Or should I just get better with my right and stop complaining =P

Quote:
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #1598
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

I say just go for whatever is most comfortable, and if it happens to be your right hand, then train.
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #1599
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Naturally considering I've had 99.9% of my game plays with my right hand, it's the most comfortable due to neuromuscular facilitation. I just don't know if it'd be worth it to teach my left hand to do what it took 3 years for my right to.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #1600
datenshi-requiem
One Handers FTW!!!
FFR Veteran

I'm left handed when it comes to writing, but because of FFR I do most things that involve using hands, better with my right hand now. (Besides writing of course)
It's some crazy shizznit. I am thinking about switching to my left hand - one handed.
So I don't feel too bad.