Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #41
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark
Default Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

Tablet phone concept.

I think this one could be a contender, I'll refine this up and make it a working design.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #42
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Here's a sketch of a polycard. On the front, there are 4 screens showing the company name and logo, the card number, the expiration date and the card holder name. On the back, there is a touch screen that allows you to choose from all your credit/debit cards.

You can also lock the touch screen (to handle the card safely) or lock the whole card. This remove all information from the front of the card, erases the chip and magnetic band data and puts a keyboard on the touch screen. Only by entering a valid password you can unlock your polycard and use it. So even if your polycard gets stolen, they can't use it at all.

Important:
"Entries should remain unpublished outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge."
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #43
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

Is this your idea/design? If so its fantastic and ill absolutely make this.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #44
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

I need to spend a good time trying to make some sexy looking eyes in C4D once it installs, I have a bunch of eyewear related gadgets that I know concept wise would be really cool, hopefully I can make it aesthetic enough for the post as well...

I'm assuming we can only submit one...? Or can we do more?

Another idea I'd love to make if I were better at rendering humans (ugh) is a jumpsuit looking piece that's full of wires and little beads that can heat up/cool/vibrate or lightly shock. Basically it looks like a jumpsuit with a bunch of tiny beads and a synthetic material, and the idea is that you wear these goggles that give you certain simulated visual experiences. Using motion tracking/calibrating where the beads are, if you were simulating putting your hand into a bucket of ice water, as your hand touched the water, the beads that are in the underwater position would shoot to "cool" mode, and gradually all the other beads would up to wherever your arm stops going in.

With that, the way the fabric is woven, it can also tighten slightly to give a feeling of tension or grip, or loosen to perhaps simulate the feeling of falling. I suppose this could be REALLY trippy if you had some psychedelic imagery and the beads all going off on random sensations lol.

Is that making any sense though? Maybe it's just an idea I'd like to make and not something for this contest lol. We definitely have the technology to do that kind of thing now if we wanted to.

...I think the concept, while very cool and attainable, is a bit complex for this particular contest though.

Last edited by Spenner; 05-10-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #45
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Is this your idea/design? If so its fantastic and ill absolutely make this.
Yes, it is my idea. It popped into my head a while ago while looking for my debit card. I wondered why can't all our cards be put into the same plastic shell.

Also, if you do this, please put some better keyboard design on there. I didn't feel like doing one for the sketch so I went the easy way.
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #46
_Stepdude_
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to _Stepdude_ Send a message via Skype™ to _Stepdude_

I'm to dumb to come up with something relevant here, so I just wanted to say that I love new technology and I'm gonna look at this thread from time to time
_Stepdude_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #47
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix

amazing card idea man, gonna rip it off you and make it in 3d before DS can (box, take your pictures, bitmap, uv, DONE!) and win! I'll send you a postcard from japan >

jk nice idea
Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #48
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

What about a pair of transitions, glasses that has a blue tooth headset attached but that can also be used as wireless earphones for your tv, MP3, or any wireless/Bluetooth audio enabled device.

The glasses would also be able to zoom in so you could use them as binoculars, or see what your reading better. Take pictures using the frontal camera.

The front part of the lenses would act as a solar panel, recharging the glasses battery's,.

The interior of the lens will be used as a display screen that gives you information on what you see around you, by displaying star ratings on reatrants you look at, or using gps navigation.

EDIT: just clicked your link and now I feel stupid, although on mine the mic wouldnt hang down cause it looks god awfull

Last edited by L0NEvvolf; 05-11-2011 at 11:19 AM..
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #49
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Mythix if you really want to throw down and go head to head in some sort of battle of 3D skill I will be more than happy to destroy you.

xD

@Lonevvolf:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/a...-i-can-stomach

Similar to this?

Last edited by darkshark; 05-11-2011 at 11:18 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #50
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

Yep
L0NEvvolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #51
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Personally I think credit cards will eventually become obsolete in favor of wireless transmissions. That way there's nothing to carry around/lose/have stolen/etc.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #52
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

I doubt full wireless will take over in the next 10 years, and besides, credit cards already have PayPass, where you don't even need to swipe the card.

Started working on it. I'm thinking four separate screens would be too difficult and expensive to manufacture than just one touchscreen, and one could do everything four could do anyway. I'm thinking of adding in a small solar cell to keep the battery charged, a basic name "John Smith".

For the screens I'll need to dive into photoshop and design some kick ass interfaces.

Things that need input:

Should there even be an expiration date on something like this? Or is that information that should be kept inside the cards memory? Same goes with the displayed card number.

Maybe still include the card number and magnetic strip? I would think that in the next decade, paypass would be the standard, but there's always businesses late to adopt.

Should there be a fingerprint scanner?

@emerald: That CGSociety disclaimer literally means you cannot PUBLISH it, posting it places is fine.

Last edited by darkshark; 05-11-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #53
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Eh, I wouldn't be too quick to say that -- technology has exponential progressions. Consider what we had in 2001 vs. now. Going full wireless without cards is by no means out of the question.

Awesome pic though!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #54
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

niec polycard concept (o:
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #55
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

First screen would be the unlock screen, requires fingerprint otherwise it won't unlock.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #56
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I really like this idea. Honestly I am very impressed with your work darkshark xd
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #57
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Awesome work

But why fingerprints?

Personally, I can't stand fingerprint tech bc my contours are so thin that they never register on anything. Even when I had my prints taken (security procedure when I worked in trading) they had to take them 30 times before they had an acceptable print, lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #58
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

In the future, fingerprint technology will work xD or that's what I'm banking on.
Taking the persons fingerprint would be awesome for credit cards, never have to worry about it being used without your permission.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #59
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Going with Lonevvolf's suggestion about the glasses...Most people won't wear something like that, and not everyone even wears glasses, however...an astronaut's helmet/visor would be PERFECT to integrate an advanced HUD system into, not to mention it opens up a potential deal with NASA. Should this be next?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #60
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Sorry for the triple post, my work connection isn't letting me store cookies right now, so it won't let me login in unless I hit the post reply button for some reason.

but here's a few more menus for the polycard. I'll start writing up specs on it and get a good industrial design spec sheet going for the final entry, a few different angles and maybe do some photoshop work with a live model.

This could easily be solved by putting a texture on the ground, but do you guys see that the screen is actually transparent? or grey?

Last edited by darkshark; 05-11-2011 at 09:17 PM..