Old 01-4-2009, 02:35 PM   #761
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301
Default Re: TWC Rules, Policies, Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
A properly functioning TWC can approve suggestions made by members or themselves that can help in getting TWG more active, such as the game merge suggestion.

I don't think I've seen many members being banned for inactivity, cheating, etc during my time in TWG, so QFT.

Edit for Devonin: That is true. However, I am not certain Synth and friends would be very willing to assign a mod to TWG, or promote a TWG player to the point where they can ban others from the TWG board. I don't think Manti can ban, and he's a local mod.
I was the one who posted the merge suggestion...

Also, inactivity usually is means for a warning and not usually a ban. And if the entire game is inactive, it wouldn't be constructive to ban the whole lot.

We have been giving activity warnings. Although I agree that we can be stricter. Hopefully the player base responds positively.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 02:37 PM   #762
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
TGB Panel does and be able to follow up your soft bans with hard bans if the people don't go along with them.
TWG Panel:

ONLY PANELISTS ALLOWED TO POST

POST HERE AND IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE PANEL YOU'RE BANNED FROM 2 FUTURE TWGs

BAN EVADE OR CONTINUE POSTING AND YOU WILL BE FORUM BANNED

FOX ONLY

NO ITEMS

FINAL DESTINATION

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 02:39 PM   #763
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

also gamer rzr was banned like 1 game ago for cheating
Old 01-4-2009, 02:41 PM   #764
Litodude
FFR Player

cheating? cheating should be a perma explain this.

dude
out west?

Quote:
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

Old 01-4-2009, 03:04 PM   #765
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

and multiple bans for the same offense should mean a harsher punishment like 3 games i unno just saying

ya like people who cheat more than once
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 04:09 PM   #766
Litodude
FFR Player

no wtf. cheating should be insta-perma. someone fill me in on wahat ahppeneds thanks

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 04:18 PM   #767
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

No, I was banned because some newb faked a convo and got me screwed. But **** happened, no use dragging my name down here, I'm trying to be good and do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 05:40 PM   #768
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

hahaha we all know you did it who are you trying to kid
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 06:44 PM   #769
Litodude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
hahaha we all know you did it who are you trying to kid
then why don't you tell the people who don't know so we can get enlightened?

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 07:06 PM   #770
pntballa18
FFR Player

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=580

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=627
Old 01-4-2009, 08:24 PM   #771
Litodude
FFR Player

And you guys didn't vote to get this a ban passed? What the **** do your job.

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 09:11 PM   #772
pntballa18
FFR Player

vote 1

vote 2

vote 3

vote 4

rzr was banned for 2 games lito
Old 01-4-2009, 10:15 PM   #773
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Yeah so it's very clear that TWG needs reform, and fast, but no one is doing anything?

ILLEGAL OPERATION

We need to get down to business ASAP. We pretty much know the problems we have, we just need active TWC members to institute and enforce new decisions. Now that my work in finished and I'm dead in TWG, I have nothing to do!

So, let's discuss the plans.

PROBLEM: Inactivity
- Ruins games, obviously.
- Leads to disinterest and wastes the time and effort of people who actually want to play.

PROPOSED SOLUTIONS:

- GamerShadow: Stricter penalties for inactivity. Game ban and replacement after two phantoms. No exceptions.
- Brilliant Dynamite Neon: Simply expanding upon this. Have a new reference guide for TWG that states the importance of interpersonal interaction in the game (will work for new players), and prod people who are just voting to stay in the game, unless they have a good reason to be inactive.

PROBLEM: Inactive TWC/Local Mod
- This should be obvious. The TWC is charged with enforcing the rules, instituting penalties, and basically keeping the game running. The Mod has a great responsibility as well. If both are inactive, how are we going to keep this game running? We need to fix this.

PROPOSED SOLUTIONS:
- Brilliant Dynamite Neon: Call back the members of the TWC and get them to start policy-making. If they can't be bothered to be active and participate in the TWC, we can vote to drop them and elect new ones; simple as that. It's happened before and it can happen again (of course, if there's a legitimate reason for their departure, this won't happen.) As for Manti "dying", a new person should be instated as the moderator for the TWG board. If Manti ever comes back, this person can still be a mod and continue his/her work, backing up. I don't think Manti will be rejoining us, however. If that is the sad truth, I still think a backup mod helping the main one would be a good idea.

I'm getting kicked off for now, so mull over this and I'll rejoin when I can.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2009, 03:55 AM   #774
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

BDN, that was very nicely put. I'd like to put my thoughts forward, as well as what I plan on doing to assist in the issues at hand.

In regards to the TWC

Well, I do agree that there is too much inactivity in the Council. However, I don't think dismissing the current Council is the right way to go about things. Thunder could use a little catching up, but other than that the only really inactive member is Roundbox. I mean, Manti is headed down that road too, but he's at least here the bare minimum.

I just don't think we need a whole new Council, and I don't know what you guys plan on doing.

So, now we're left with the problem of the members themselves. Well, we should start by thinking of ways to recruit new members and putting them down here so we can all work on them. I like the announcement idea.

We also need some vets back. Well, I don't really understand why pnt and Trav are posting in here and not playing... But, yeah.

Finally, BDN, I worked very very hard on the Guide I wrote and if needed be I can reformat it and add new features to it, which I will do.

My point is, I'm going to do everything I can to get the game going again.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 01-5-2009, 08:06 AM   #775
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Well, I do agree that there is too much inactivity in the Council. However, I don't think dismissing the current Council is the right way to go about things. Thunder could use a little catching up, but other than that the only really inactive member is Roundbox.
That's why I want to give the current TWC a boost, by calling them back into action. I'm not gonna be like "omg, now your inactiv, replace." Everyone was active in the Council once, so I see little reason why they can't do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr
I mean, Manti is headed down that road too, but he's at least here the bare minimum.
For the moderator, I'm sorry, but I don't think the bare minimum is enough. The mod has to do many things. Along with enforcing the rules in the solid way that only moderators can, he is also responsible for other tasks around the board. He can't do his job if he can't be active, which is why I stand by my backup mod idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr
So, now we're left with the problem of the members themselves. Well, we should start by thinking of ways to recruit new members and putting them down here so we can all work on them. I like the announcement idea.

We also need some vets back. Well, I don't really understand why pnt and Trav are posting in here and not playing... But, yeah.
We definitely have the power to get more people into TWG. I am really behind the announcement/front page idea, and would push for it if there was a possibility of it happening. This is a crazy idea, but maybe we can eventually turn this into its own website; actually dedicate thewerewolfgame.com to its namesake!

Sadly, lots of players do not fix the issues at hand. As devonin so eloquently put it, if we keep playing the crappy way we've been playing, with all the needless inactivity and drama, we're just going to propagate it. Do we want new players who are going to be just more names on the MIA list, or do we want to teach these players how to play TWG the way it's meant to be played?

TWG used to be great. For the most part, the players thought critically and participated as much as they could, and it made the games interesting. What is so hard about this? Why can't we do this ourselves?

That, rzr, is why the vets aren't playing; because they don't see that our games are worth playing. They don't see their time and effort being well-spent. If we get the current group of players to play the game seriously, as it was meant to be played, then the old players just might see a return to former glory, and start to be active here again.

The fact is, before we get new players, we need to be better players ourselves. We need to improve ourselves, our methods and our participation. Then, we can recruit new players and raise them to play TWG properly. Then, the veterans of TWG might just be interested and start participating again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr
Finally, BDN, I worked very very hard on the Guide I wrote and if needed be I can reformat it and add new features to it, which I will do.

My point is, I'm going to do everything I can to get the game going again.
Much apperciated. If you don't mind, I'd like to go over it with you.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2009, 08:59 AM   #776
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
prod people who are just voting to stay in the game, unless they have a good reason to be inactive

Disallow safety voting. Make it so that on vote day, a given person can vote only once, and cannot change their vote. When the day phase starts everybody piles in with their safety and then as the day goes on, has absolutely no reason to come back and see what has or hasn't happened, because they've made their safety against getting a phantom.

I've also considered what might be the ramifications of lynch voting that happens only via PM to the host. They can claim to have voted for whoever they want in the thread, but their official vote has been sent to the host, could also be an interesting twist, which while not related to this problem might still be interesting.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2009, 10:22 AM   #777
rzr
TWG Veteran

Very passionate, BDN. I'm very glad I voted for you back in the day. It looks like TWG is headed into uncharted waters, and I'm sure as hell ready to take the leap by your side, and Gamer's.

But, look. We're just screwing around right now putting all our ideas on the table. We all just seem to be agreeing with each other. Let's get something done. I'll talk to some admins today about the front page. I'll start working on the Guide again. Text and color formatting for easier read, re organization, more feedback from new members, etc.

We have Devonin sitting right here, why has nobody asked him to make a global announcement to stay up for about two weeks? And we have a site already, remember? My site, http://mafiathegame.forumer.com.

Finally, I'll hop on it about the new players. If we get a jTWG going I might be able to fill the quota, but don't quote me on that just yet.

Basically, let's get tip show on the road! :]

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-5-2009, 02:53 PM   #778
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Quote:
When the day phase starts everybody piles in with their safety and then as the day goes on, has absolutely no reason to come back and see what has or hasn't happened, because they've made their safety against getting a phantom.
This is why we need to do a better job educating the current and newer players, rather than start recruiting more. Starting with re-structuring the game so that people aren't allowed to cast their safety vote and forget about the thread. It doesn't encourage activity at all, it's more like an easy way out.

I'm all for this. If they don't have an easy way out they either won't play, or they will get more involved. When they decide not to play, then we start recruiting more people.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2009, 03:48 PM   #779
pntballa18
FFR Player

if you guys want to do that announcement thing and get a mod/admin to go along with it, the announcement shouldn't be made until the next twg signup. you guys sound like you want the announcement to be made now, which would serve no purpose
Old 01-5-2009, 04:02 PM   #780
Litodude
FFR Player

Announcements are almost never read or never noticed. I was planning to make a thread promoting this sub-forum and giving information about this game (links, previous game examples, etc.), and bumping it each time sign-ups are open again.s

dude
out west?

Quote: