Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #101
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Default Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
its not stat combinations that are ridiculous it's the horrible tuning bliz did on trash in inferno

basically passed act 2 its impossible to kill anything except act bosses which is unbelievably stupid
This.

And it's not even "past act 2", it's past act 1 where everything goes completely out of control. Regular mobs hit as hard as the bosses do, and elites are way the hell harder than the bosses. I play a demon hunter so it's not too bad for me, but my friends basically gave up their classes and rerolled wizard/wd because melee just cannot possibly survive act 2+.

The difficulty progression made us completely shit our pants. We go from murdering act 1 and being able to tank the butcher to dying in 1 hit from a wasp hitting for 30k damage. Okay.

People on the official forums are suspecting they gated acts 2+ to prevent people from farming with nephalem valor, but that makes no sense to me when wizards and demon hunters can just stomp everything with completely broken unbalanced skills that allow them to focus everything on damage.

I still really like this game, but whatever's going on here it's pretty much retarded.

I'm very concerned about the lack of challenges ala D2's Median; once inferno's down, all that's left is to deck out your character but when there's nothing to use that gear on aside from more inferno farming I don't really see the point.

The achievements are idiotic as well as most of them are just completely arbitrary crap like "talk to every dude in the game", or extremely grindy boring stuff like "get two characters of the same class to max level", or luck-based stuff like getting all the events etc... I like achievements to add some degree of extra challenge to the game if you want it, but there are exceedingly few boss challenge achievements. Oh well.

Now I'm done venting. I've played for well over 120 hours now and I'm not done at all yet, so this is still a great game... it just could've been better. I mean, come on, it's been 9 years! I expected a little more.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #102
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I expected to be able to change my hair style and color.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #103
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My lvl45 DH in hardcore just rip thanks to Error 3007 that decided to disconnect me and flag me as dead while I was full hp next to easy stuff I can one shot kill, cool story bro. Looks like it's time to softcore to lvl60 in no risk lands. I feel like the longevity of this game is going to be incredibly low with invincible health regen wiz squad farming inferno. It feels like the whole game itself is a easter egg and the real Diablo 3 is not out yet. I mean blue items > yellow items > legendary, pony lands, hackers, gold farmers, Taiwan people can't join servers, item/gear/real money stolen. Looks like sitting back and reading dramafest on forums is more entertaining than playing the game.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-22-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #104
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I bought it last week and only played for a couple hours. I log back in today and guess what? Everything is gone (even though I had pretty much nothing lol). Looks like I fell victim to this: http://www.examiner.com/article/acco...iablo-3-hacked.

Am I the only one here who got hacked? A lot of people are reporting it on the blizz forums.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #105
NekoGon
щ(゚Д゚щ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to NekoGon

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
I bought it last week and only played for a couple hours. I log back in today and guess what? Everything is gone (even though I had pretty much nothing lol). Looks like I fell victim to this: http://www.examiner.com/article/acco...iablo-3-hacked.

Am I the only one here who got hacked? A lot of people are reporting it on the blizz forums.
I got this too.. while I was playing even. got "you are logged out because another computer logged in" etc, logged in again, got logged out again, password incorrect. by the time i resetted my level 58 WD is naked, no gold, and in act 1 normal. all this in a span of 20 minutes or so.. seriously

Submitted a ticket and got the rollback within the hour but i already lost two of my best gears (lost like 3000 dps and more) and an entire day

NekoGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #106
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

apparently playing in public games is what gets you hacked

servers having 300 ping minimum is l0l for hardcore i wouldn't even bother
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #107
Hakulyte
the Haku

You can get hacked in solo too. It's usually people lvl50+ that gets hacked. It's done by duplicating your session ID, it's unrelated to password/etc. they're literally exploiting Blizzard's web-servers and there's nothing you can do about it atm. They're just refusing to admit it because they haven't fixed it yet. You'll find most of the information about that if you Google a bit..
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #108
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

guess i just have to pray ~_~
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #109
NekoGon
щ(゚Д゚щ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to NekoGon

yeah i never joined any public games whatsoever

it's just horrible luck and completely ruined my day, rofl. gonna take a short break before attempting 60 again... my spirit is broke atm ~_~

NekoGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #110
Hakulyte
the Haku

Bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQoOMJ9n8k

Don't try too hard. They're probably going to wipe everything in-game and start back fresh. At least I hope they do..
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #111
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Wow, I feel bad now. I was only level 7 so I didn't lose anything I couldn't get back in a matter of minutes, but damn, level 58.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #112
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Just got the game today. Played until lv 9 with the Witch Doctor. Going to play a bunch during the long weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #113
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

lmfao golden monsters in nightmare (vampiric desecrator)

don't even want to see the higher difficulties

Been really enjoying socketing / crafting and also strength specing my barb

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 05-23-2012 at 02:20 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 AM   #114
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

I love the game. Not a fan of the level capping for the quests though. I'm a level 37 in nightmare act 2 but can only join act 1 games because of level restrictions. Lame. Decided to play hardcore. So far So fun =)
Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #115
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I'm not hacked yet *crosses fingers*

Just hit 60 today with my wiz. Had to quit out before beating Diablo on hell cause server shutdown (again?), couldn't use my 5 stacks of Nephalim Valor on him ):

Wizard def has its perks in the later difficulties of the game but I get trucked by fast hitting stuff and dots. Force armor lets me sit happily tanking slow hard hitting guys though.

Some of the elite combos are just a slaughterfest... I think fast/vortex/teleport with fire-chain is really hard for me to handle, any tips? Molten and plague aren't as bad but they're still up there.
Invul is gay for every class pce
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #116
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

they nerfed dh's smoke screen to hell so now that class is pretty much useless lmao
Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #117
Stewie7Griffin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think the game is way to linear compared to Diablo II. I liked Diablo II because I could shape practically every aspect of the game. I could do several different builds of the same class with completely different pros and cons and skills. Diablo III controls too many aspects of the game and the acts are very narrow.
Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival
Epidermis
Strangeprogram
Choprite
Novo Mundo

Could've swore I FC'd Thrash, but according to level stats it says I have 1 miss....
Stewie7Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #118
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMcKnuckle View Post
they nerfed dh's smoke screen to hell so now that class is pretty much useless lmao
Are you being serious? There is nothing wrong with demon hunter.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #119
Hakulyte
the Haku

Get in Inferno Izzy, nightmare and hell are a complete joke to compare anything. Considering they nerfed FA armor on wiz, I wouldn't say DH is in too bad shape, just need to gear more and kite better.. *yawn* but 3 sec to 1-1.5sec is a little pushing it..
Old 05-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #120
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
There is nothing wrong with demon hunter.
There was definitely something wrong when I could just chainlink invis and kill anything. Regardless of what elite showed up, I could just cheese it to death using this method.

That said, when I ran out of disc (after 9 seconds) shit got hairy as hell so I doubt that was the reason for the nerf, but other people apparently figured out a way to stack disc to get damn near minute-long complete invulnerability so the class was definitely broken and overpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I wouldn't say DH is in too bad shape, just need to gear more and kite better.. *yawn* but 3 sec to 1-1.5sec is a little pushing it..
DH is in pretty bad shape when all you can do is max damage and ignore survivability. Stuns are the only viable option left, kiting is 100% useless. Still doable, but too damn frustrating to play.