Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2022, 07:54 PM   #1
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?
I initially joined in high school because I saw someone playing the game, one of the very easy difficulty old songs on a computer in my high school's computer lab. I made an account and played a little, but it didn't interest me at the time. A few years later I heard about the site again, and this time I was hooked. I like the community here a lot, and especially enjoyed talking with a few close friends I had before I took a long break. However, I think what ultimately keeps me coming back is the enjoyment of playing the game itself, the great songs and charts that are available, and the ability to compete against others and always try to incrementally improve your scores.

What is the story behind your username?
It dates to around 2000 (yes really). At the time I was obsessed with languages, although I didn't have access to as the kind of material you can now easily find online, and especially with the way words were spelled and how they'd be pronounced. What would xx sound like, or qq? What if a q had a different letter than u after it? So when I wanted to sign up for Neopets, which was pretty big at the time, I put together a "word" that I thought was interesting and used that. I ended up using the same username for everything since it was never already in use, and eventually it became linked to too many achievements to ever change it.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR?
Automatically rating the difficulty of files on rates and/or from custom engines I know, this is a very difficult project, but hopefully one I can contribute to.

Last edited by qqwref; 12-17-2022 at 07:55 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I liked DDR at the time, and I played on controller. I don't hang around much other than TWG. If TWG bores me pretty much I won't be around. Other than playing once in a while.

Xel is part of Xel'Naga from starcraft. Nya is a joke between someone else and me. So it just means godly meow if you wanna have fun with it. But I used it as a ban evade alt, among other things. If you know, you know.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR?
I'd be more likely to remove than add. More a fan of clean up because innovation isn't my ballpark. I'm also not capable of code lol.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why?
Sky Kitten and T-Force originally. TWG folks modernly. Hard to talk about the why, there's a lot of history here.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:02 AM   #3
snooches
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Joined after overhearing someone in middle school talking about available flash games to play and they mentioned FFR, was messing around with DDR at the time which I was enjoying, so hearing there was a computer version caught my attention. From there kinda just ran with it and just always stuck with it because its kind of a game that you can play as much or as little as you want while still holding interest, and just enjoying the exposure to a diverse range of music.

Previous username wasnt one I was never really set on, just ended up sticking with it because of the progress I had made on it over the years and had to commit to it at that point. Randomly decided on a "fresh" start so this name was born. Background on it, not really sure, kind of randomly popped up as an option. Wanted a simple looking name, and this one just seemed/sounded entertaining because of the ways its meaning could be interpreted.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)

Not really active or involved anymore, so for the most part its self driven/built in habit why I still lurk around, but there were def. a good chunk from the past. Name dropping a few (qqwref, sky kitten, reptile3141, sk8r43, kmay, jerry_db, etc etc) were prob the ones off of the top of my head I was most involved with around here.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)

A complete revamp of the site layout/design itself is for sure overdue. Current one has always bothered me and always felt it was lacking/not very efficient compared to what it could be.

Game wise, maybe a purely dedicated training engine of some sort that allows you to practice/modify to your liking training options on specific patterns, speeds, etc. that way you dont have to do it through isolating songs and other trial and error methods of practicing. Also, maybe a way to make it easier for a user to experiment with overall gameplay setups without having to constantly jump back and forth from the options page to gameplay (gameplay editor helps so much and doesnt give a true feel on how things play) to see if something feels right.
snooches is offline   Reply With Quote