Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-6-2009, 08:20 PM   #101
i love gabba
FFR Player

Default Re: Kil's Dark Chancellors Pack 2 (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
@i love gabba: I already posted my notes on the file you collabed on with scylaxx. no one else is making detailed notes so just read mine I guess
Oh ok, thanks! Cuz I also want to fix One Phrase Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputee/bluexoon.com
"who won?"
"Zaghurim, he won a popn music machine"

Last edited by i love gabba; 07-6-2009 at 08:29 PM..
i love gabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2009, 09:08 PM   #102
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

oops forgot about one phrase blues.
-fix the part with the 32nd gallops. they're almost certainly mistimed since sometimes you start them on orange notes, sometimes they end on orange notes and percussion instruments sometimes go on orange notes and sometimes don't. check that the note interval is right too
-see if adding in any more layers helps it. you missed a few crashes in the song and it could possibly do with layering the snare at some points. experiment with it
-tighten colour note sync overall
-second half of m27 to first half of m29, this part is 24th swung so it should go like x..x..x.xx..x..x..xxxx.xx..x..x.xx..x..x..xxxx.xx. actually I just noticed the song is very swung in general so any time you have 16ths make sure it's not actually 64th swing or 24th swing
-similarly, the part beginning m29 is swung and the 32nd rolls are actually 24ths. should also step the kssht instrument here imho
-do stuff like that.

also, here's Mrbob's Icicles

Re: (Mrbob) Icicles

Pos tby Patashu on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 pm
good song choice, nice and jazzy. I wouldn't be surprised if this could make it in. lemme go into the editor and snoop around

measure by measure breakdown: (these are all tentatives suggestions obv)
m1/m2: single note for the first beat of these two measures? your call
m2: yellow note just before beat 2 could be a jump (bass + hiss)
m6: first beat single note, for same reason as m2
m10: first note should be a jump. also in this 'chorus' part you could think about making snare count as two notes like you have in the intro. anyway the chorus comes a lot so make sure changes are applied globally
m16: if you're going to make snare a jump, yellow note after beat 2 needs to be a jump. also the last two blue notes could be given a minifreeze (to the hiss)
m18: I heard some extra 16ths at the beginning of this measure. beat 4 needs to be a jump
m19: has extra 16ths in similar fashion to m18. following earlier layering scheme, the last 8th jump should be a single note but beat 4 should be a jump
m20: should start with a jump. (if you follow the minifreeze suggestion in m16 do the same here)
m28: that gap in the stream should be a minijack with the note after it and also a jump (piano). also minifreezes to hiss again?
m29: last blue jump is wrong, but the first beat of m30 could be a jump. also just so you know, there's a yellow note just after beat 3 in every measure here
m30: the piano/guitar thing in the end sounds like it should be 48th gallops or something <.< idk I can't make it out
m32: why is the snare not a jump this time?
m33: second yellow note could be a jump, yellow note after beat 3 but NOT offbeat between beats 3 and 4 this time (it's just not there!)
m35: the 32nd triplet actually goes from the yellow note to the blue note, not the blue to the yellow after it
m36: if it's convenient, the two snare drums on beats 2 and 2.5 are each followed by a yellow bass hit. could do like 13 4 13 4. beat 4 should be a minijack with the yellow note after it
m37: imho take out one note of the blue and put in a yellow jump just before it (crash + drum)
m39: beat 3.5 should be followed by a 16th, on D say
m45: should start with a single note also imho yellow jump to the pianos when it comes up?
m46: should start with a jump.
m47: should start with a single note. the piano/guitar is playing 12ths here not 16ths
m48: start with a jump
m49: start with a single note. also, what's up with the layering in the second half of this measure?
m60: beat 3.5 should be a jump
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2009, 02:38 AM   #103
Kil14
FFR Player

technicality wise there's no problem with it, I found the patterns really annoying is all

also updated first post

Last edited by Kil14; 07-7-2009 at 02:50 AM..
Kil14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2009, 03:23 AM   #104
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

saskrotch ?_?
Old 07-7-2009, 03:42 AM   #105
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

So, I sent my file. o_o

plz juj soon. =(
Old 07-7-2009, 04:37 AM   #106
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

k here's ur expres delivery. one judgement ala patashu

no imo
-straightforward gabber file, decently stepped but lacking in depth
-has nothing to do with guitar hero??? what a let down
-I prefer the edit chart btw. the runningmen aren't THAT bad, they're only awkward if mixed in with one-handed trills (possibly caused by jumpstream) or very fast, which this chart avoids
-you could think about layering in that vocal sample that goes blue, yellow. it would help it be different

measure by measure breakdown:
m4: the melody you put freezes to at the end of this measure starts a 16th earlier than you started putting down freezes. so it would go 12343. fix this every time it pops up (m8, m12, m16, m20, m24)
m12: the last blue note of this measure could be made a jump cuz it's two melodies overlayered (if you change this make sure it also changes in similar places)
m26: I see the instrument the freezes are meant to be following but you did it wrong. it goes like this in measure 26: x.x.x.x.x..x.x.x.x (ie four 8ths, then four yellows coinciding with the vocal samples. however the last two notes are SLIGHTLY later than yellow. I can't pin it down exactly) then in measure 27: x.x.x.x.x....x.x.x (the same but without the first yellow note, i.e. it starts yellow notes coinciding with the vocal samples)
m77-m79: try stepping the clicking this time, seeing as it's the outro and all
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)

Last edited by Patashu; 07-7-2009 at 04:39 AM..
Old 07-7-2009, 06:09 AM   #107
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

That's quicker than what I'm used to. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
-straightforward gabber file, decently stepped but lacking in depth
Yeah, soz.

Quote:
-has nothing to do with guitar hero??? what a let down
I only think the title has to do with the main melody synth, which I suppose does sound a bit like a lead guitar. Aw well.

Quote:
-I prefer the edit chart btw. the runningmen aren't THAT bad, they're only awkward if mixed in with one-handed trills (possibly caused by jumpstream) or very fast, which this chart avoids
Fo' realz? May consider putting that as the main then, depending on other opinions. I have tried to be at least a little considerate concerning patterns overall, and perhaps it shows.

Quote:
-you could think about layering in that vocal sample that goes blue, yellow. it would help it be different
I have thought about it, but I don't like what I'm coming up with, i.e. more jumpstream territory. I know I could layer it, but in my head at least it seems rather messy, especially in the last quarter or so of the song. More mini-freezes are thought too I guess, but I've already thrown in about 300,000,000 of those already. I may have to look into what other options I have available if I can't make them work, assuming I even need to.

The suggested measure fixes meanwhile shouldn't be too difficult to tweak. Now I'm just wondering if I should send it again today once I'm done or wait for more critique from others first.
Old 07-7-2009, 06:29 AM   #108
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

it's not your fault; you did more or less all you could with the song (minus the few technical errors)

yeah, don't add in the vocal sample thing as more minifreezes O_O but you could think about incorporating it in the more 8thier parts of the song.
Old 07-7-2009, 07:10 AM   #109
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
it's not your fault; you did more or less all you could with the song (minus the few technical errors)
Looking at it, I agree with you. Of course there will be better songs to step, but I really wanted to do this one. This is a matter of motivation. =)

Quote:
yeah, don't add in the vocal sample thing as more minifreezes O_O but you could think about incorporating it in the more 8thier parts of the song.
What I've thought of doing is just adding an extra plain arrow every time the sample comes up. I could probably get away with doing that between measures 9-24 alone. Where the samples are concerned, I didn't use mini-freezes before, so there's arguably little need for more. (lolrhyme) I think that will be acceptable.
Old 07-7-2009, 07:41 AM   #110
Dimentio
Banned

shenanigans alert
Dimentio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2009, 01:45 PM   #111
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

So I resent my file. Hope the folks approve moar, though I can imagine there will be more to say from other judges. As long as it turns out awesome/ish, I'm willing to work on it a fair while.
Old 07-7-2009, 02:11 PM   #112
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

I must say this is frustrating. All these new packs and I can't do anything . Nothing but wait for my ****ing computer parts!!! I hate this.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2009, 07:27 PM   #113
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

how are you sending posts then ?_?

DCP isn't going to close for a while. it's very very unlikely that you'll miss out
Old 07-7-2009, 08:46 PM   #114
eVILPeeR
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVILPeeR Send a message via MSN to eVILPeeR

i made a new stepfile out of boredom and wanting to relive stepmania nostalgia

it's love countdown by fastway, a new eurobeat song. it's a great song. is eurobeat ok?
Old 07-7-2009, 08:58 PM   #115
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

the genre isn't important, how cool the file is is important. we had obligatory eurobeat file in dcp1 so your chances are good

yo scylaax don't step vanessa. if you wanna step a 12th song try promised land (teranoid mix), there was a xoon megapack 2 file for it but it sucked and it missed all the weird colournotes that teranoid uses in his songs (like some of the gallops are actually 16ths, etc, look through the song there are lots of aberrations)
Old 07-8-2009, 03:20 AM   #116
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Oh, right.
I'll see :0
Old 07-8-2009, 05:54 AM   #117
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Old 07-8-2009, 09:41 AM   #118
eVILPeeR
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVILPeeR Send a message via MSN to eVILPeeR

alright awesome!

i'm putting a lot of time into it, so it shouldn't dissappoint. how many files can we make for this? i'm thinking i can easily find 2 more awesome songs to throw in there.

also whats the competition like for quality? if it's tight i may spend a whole week crafting a single file

edit: forgot to mention if you guys would like someone else judging i wouldn't mind. never judged a pack (except for.. keyboard collab 1/2) before so i wouldn't mind helping out if you guys need it

Last edited by eVILPeeR; 07-8-2009 at 09:46 AM..
eVILPeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2009, 09:45 AM   #119
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
the genre isn't important, how cool the file is is important. we had obligatory eurobeat file in dcp1 so your chances are good

yo scylaax don't step vanessa. if you wanna step a 12th song try promised land (teranoid mix), there was a xoon megapack 2 file for it but it sucked and it missed all the weird colournotes that teranoid uses in his songs (like some of the gallops are actually 16ths, etc, look through the song there are lots of aberrations)
Good taste

I can upload the 5 min version here if there is anyone interested...
Actually the first half minute should be cut but rest remains... the later half is more awesome anyways imo.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZEGKK3T0

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 07-8-2009 at 10:32 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2009, 10:30 AM   #120
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

as it says on the first post (I think) you can submit as many files as you want but for every file you get in subsequent ones will be judged harsher and harsher.

as for average quality, it doesn't have to be perfect but it has to stand out. I couldn't tell you the average, most of it's ffrcpIII stuff I never got lol