Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
AloysiusRexford
FFR Player

Default Moonlight Through Misty Air / The Silver Monster

Songs for stepping - Permissions granted -

Moonlight Through Misty Air

The Silver Monster

:.
.:

(to read while you listen)

Moonlight Through Misty Air:

The waves crept in between the webs of your toes. You wiggled them a bit, the crumbs of sand begging to be brushed off. Subtly, the breeze tugged at the loose edges of your off white shirt. Fading in the distance behind you, birds set their weary wings to rest - The night crowd was about to come alive. Against the dreary light of the moon your eyes caught a silvery glow. Like a metal reflecting watery sheen. Out of the glowing ocean ahead something was rising. The surface of the water began to split and a large lump like head with jagged shadowed features appeared. Falls of water spilled from its shoulders and down its chest. The features were ominous. The moons back light caused far too much distortion now as the building like beast stood. It was visible from its thighs up.

You didnt feel fear. You didnt scream. In fact, no sound was made. Not by you and not by it.
For a long while you looked to each other. For a long while you listened to the soothing slap of waves against the crooked dock. For a long while you thought you should call out to it. For a long while you stared into its emotionless glowing eyes.

"Hey.." you wanted to meekly muster.
Ask it what it was...
Who it was...
Why it was...
if it was...

Ask it to take you with it.

It most certainly looked like it had something convey and from such a long distance you couldnt take hold of it. As you watched, and as sand eroded it turned and wandered away, then finally down. You werent quite sure what to think, let alone do. For something of such a sight to be real was a for sure a psychotic delusion. You sat down, atop the sand. Your bottom sunk in, then your back and shoulders, till finally your head felt the cool grains. Quietly, you let the rhythm of the crickets fill your ears until you slipped away.

The Silver Monster:

Every week i returned to the shores, stood in the exact place, with the moon high in the sky. It was almost as if i had never moved in between that first night and the new nights. The smell of salty air danced in my nose, and i'd dig my toes into dry sand..

Again, as before, It arose from the sea; the silver monster. Against a frail moon its oblong limbs swayed. From its slim fingers rained falls of water. Its eyes pulsed with a fatigued red glow and its stance held a disposition that translated just that. It lumbered towards the shore with a ponderous step. Like slow motion film in stepped, stepped towards the shore. A gasp, i held my breath, in hopes that i would forget a breath and die, only in order to make sure this event was real. Never have i seen a phenomenon like this before. I couldnt move. Not stricken with fear. It was as if the sight stopped time.

It sank its burly soles into the wet sand and looked down to me. It did not say a word. I could not tell if it even blinked. It stared for a long time, as if trying to translate messages to me. I felt a pull at my heart. Like someone or something dig into my chest and took a hold on my aorta, all the while tugging gently. I said nothing and the giant reached down for me. Its limber fingers dug into the sand with easy and picked me up. I had rattled about. Bouncing from finger to finger, trying to keep balance as it pulled me upwards in a rush of cool midnight air. I clutched its ring finger and off we went away from the shores and towards the forests. Through the tree's we raced, I, holding steady on a ridge of wrinkled water logged skin. As our journey wore on, i loosened my grip, and with the stance of a wayward sea explore i stood tall. The wayward winds cut through my hair and whipped my clothing. Looking past the webbing of the giants fingers i could see i was high above the canopy, high above the earth, above everything.

I didnt know how far we would go. I didnt care if we had stopped. I was sure this monster had to return to the sea at some time. I looked back to it. To see its face, It looked as if it were wearing a mask of some sort. A mask of hardened sand. Etched upon the visage there was a artistic smile. I held fast, standing strong, smiling back.

Virb Site

'grounds

'space

.:Expanding your temporal lobe:.

Last edited by AloysiusRexford; 05-15-2008 at 04:00 PM..
AloysiusRexford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2008, 02:42 AM   #2
AloysiusRexford
FFR Player

Default Re: Moonlight Through Misty Air / The Silver Monster

no one? : (

Virb Site

'grounds

'space

.:Expanding your temporal lobe:.
AloysiusRexford is offline   Reply With Quote