Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #121
metalnddrizeffinlyf6661
FFR Player

Default Re: Do you like Hardcore, Metal, or generally anything hard enough to eat your kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoshuaOlds View Post
...NO.

He is Legend
Zao
As I Lay Dying
Becoming the Archetype
Norma Jean

And the heavier songs by Project 86 and Criss Angel.
AND YES CRISS ANGEL AS IN ILLUSIONIST CRISS ANGEL. GO LISTEN TO HIS STUFF. IT'S WICKED.

</caps>
yay. ha, i <3333 as i lay dying, huge fan.
OH for other fans
a new song called 'within destruction' is out
on their page...like now.
www.myspace.com/asilaydying
go listen metal lovers <3
Old 07-22-2007, 04:14 AM   #122
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt
Angry Re: Do you like Hardcore, Metal, or generally anything hard enough to eat your kids?

....Who. The ****. Cares. What sub-sub-subgenre. Your metal. Is.

NO ONE. So stop arguing like a bunch of 9-year-olds over Pokémon cards. (i.e. Me back in the day. I swear, that was my friiking holographic 1st Edition Ditto, and THEY ALL KNEW THAT!!.) Power metal, Death metal, the growlings, Power death metal, Death power metal, Diarrhea metal, Twinkies metal, Rustycoathanger metal, who honestly cares. I do like metal, and I do like learning about (sub-)subgenres and their intricacies and differences from others, but enough is enough. Damn.

And honestly, I still don't know what "hardcore" rock (or, it can then be inferred, punk or metal) is exactly. It's very easy for me to tell with Electronic(a), what's "hardcore" and what isn't, but here in Rock, everyone's so obsessed with their own little slice of genre-Nazi heaven that the genre boundaries are even clear-cut anymore, because genres are overlapping based on either side's claims. Stupid stupid. Not that bickering doesn't happen in Electronica, but things seem to be more clear/divided in there than in here... Maybe I just don't get it or something like that..seeing as how I'm not nearly as die-hard a Roc--excuse me, Metal fan as anyone else here...

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #123
metalnddrizeffinlyf6661
FFR Player

Default Re: Do you like Hardcore, Metal, or generally anything hard enough to eat your kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamunt View Post
....Who. The ****. Cares. What sub-sub-subgenre. Your metal. Is.

NO ONE. So stop arguing like a bunch of 9-year-olds over Pokémon cards. (i.e. Me back in the day. I swear, that was my friiking holographic 1st Edition Ditto, and THEY ALL KNEW THAT!!.) Power metal, Death metal, the growlings, Power death metal, Death power metal, Diarrhea metal, Twinkies metal, Rustycoathanger metal, who honestly cares. I do like metal, and I do like learning about (sub-)subgenres and their intricacies and differences from others, but enough is enough. Damn.

And honestly, I still don't know what "hardcore" rock (or, it can then be inferred, punk or metal) is exactly. It's very easy for me to tell with Electronic(a), what's "hardcore" and what isn't, but here in Rock, everyone's so obsessed with their own little slice of genre-Nazi heaven that the genre boundaries are even clear-cut anymore, because genres are overlapping based on either side's claims. Stupid stupid. Not that bickering doesn't happen in Electronica, but things seem to be more clear/divided in there than in here... Maybe I just don't get it or something like that..seeing as how I'm not nearly as die-hard a Roc--excuse me, Metal fan as anyone else here...
jesus christ thank u god. I was gonna say the same thing but
i thought ppl were gonna b all bitchy about it
and i rly didnt wanna hear...well read/hearabout all that.
I mean I'm a fan of metal I srsly am, but every ****in time i
see a blog that talks about it.
People are always arguing what's really "metal" & what is
cuz ppl have their own interpretations of the genre :/.
*sighs*
I agree w/ u 572436789562344637 percent.
haha, im a fan of electronica/techno as well, i hear nobody
arguing over what's REALLY techno or w/e.
Well yeah, totally agree w/ u man.
<3
stay (sic) all,
ToKen
Old 07-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #124
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Epic Fail.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #125
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Indeed. Categorizing metal bands helps you know what bands sound like what. That was you don't say "Oh, I like metal" and your friend goes "Yes, but then again? Does it have keyboards? Orchestration? Fast guitars? Blast beats? Growling vocals?"

I don't want to play Guess Who? when I'm talking about metal.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #126
Magnum13
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoshuaOlds View Post
...NO.

He is Legend
Zao
As I Lay Dying
Norma Jean

</caps>

Wow, i'm a fan of all those bands! My brother toured with Norma jean once
Old 07-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #127
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verruckter View Post
Indeed. Categorizing metal bands helps you know what bands sound like what. That was you don't say "Oh, I like metal" and your friend goes "Yes, but then again? Does it have keyboards? Orchestration? Fast guitars? Blast beats? Growling vocals?"

That's the whole point of genres. So people don't get confused. Not all metal sounds the same, so you need those kinds of labels to differenciate between each.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #128
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
That's the whole point of genres. So people don't get confused. Not all metal sounds the same, so you need those kinds of labels to differenciate between each.
Yeah... that's exactly what I said in my post. even though my grammar sucked.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #129
Kamunt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamunt Send a message via MSN to Kamunt Send a message via Yahoo to Kamunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Godly Fail.
Fixed, because I'm getting damn tired of "epic" everything.

Quote:

This may be so, I'll give you that, but...now, I'm just gesticulating here, trying my best to just be looking for information from an uninformed, third-party view, but does every single song any given metal band produces sound the same way, with all of the same qualities and general characteristics that would make it so you can call them "This metal" or "That metal"? The only metal band (thus far) that I own more than one album of, aside from System of a Down, which NO ONE seems to be able to agree upon, is Metallica, and the two albums are Metallica and Kill 'Em All. Now, to me the two albums sound very different, where as "Metallica" seems to be more production-ized, heavy and melodic, with generally not-too-fast songs, "Kill" seems to have a large amount of double-time drumbeats, etc. along with lots of general song stylings that were absent from "Metallica". Are those two albums still considered the same subgenre of metal even if they sound so different? Because that doesn't make sense to me at all if they are.

Plus, what if the band itself claims they're such-and-such, but often seem to play this-and-that but almost equally often seem to sound like such-and-such, etcetera etc.? You all can genre-Nazi all you want, but I for one will judge each band, each album, and each song by the music they play and how good or bad it is, not by the labels they're given.

Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #130
Verruckter
FFR Player

Quote:

This may be so, I'll give you that, but...now, I'm just gesticulating here, trying my best to just be looking for information from an uninformed, third-party view, but does every single song any given metal band produces sound the same way, with all of the same qualities and general characteristics that would make it so you can call them "This metal" or "That metal"? The only metal band (thus far) that I own more than one album of, aside from System of a Down, which NO ONE seems to be able to agree upon, is Metallica, and the two albums are Metallica and Kill 'Em All. Now, to me the two albums sound very different, where as "Metallica" seems to be more production-ized, heavy and melodic, with generally not-too-fast songs, "Kill" seems to have a large amount of double-time drumbeats, etc. along with lots of general song stylings that were absent from "Metallica". Are those two albums still considered the same subgenre of metal even if they sound so different? Because that doesn't make sense to me at all if they are.

Plus, what if the band itself claims they're such-and-such, but often seem to play this-and-that but almost equally often seem to sound like such-and-such, etcetera etc.? You all can genre-Nazi all you want, but I for one will judge each band, each album, and each song by the music they play and how good or bad it is, not by the labels they're given.
Of course the only way to judge a band is by listening to it. But labels, as I've said before, save you the trouble of playing "Guess Who?" with your friends trying to find their musical tastes or what band could please them.

Don't forget that band's don't have to restrain themselves to excluslively one genre, they can play just about anything they like, thus one album can be labeled thrash, another heavy, etc.

Also to say that every metal song "produces sound in the same way" is incredibly wrong. Metal comes under any form, variation or root. Every band can have his unique sound that distinguishes it from all the others. It would be wrong to assume that, for example, Opeth sounds like Iron Maiden or Children of Bodom sounds like Blind Guardian. Yes, they have somewhat the same roots, but it varies a lot from one band to another.

P.S. Most metalheads actually enojoy labeling and defining the caracteristics of metal.

Last edited by Verruckter; 07-22-2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #131
BluE_MeaniE
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to BluE_MeaniE Send a message via MSN to BluE_MeaniE

Quote:

-All the subgenres of metal can be traced back together pretty simply genealogically.
-They're held together much like metal in general with a number of characteristics, one of which being already part of a scene or genre.
-Therefore, a power metal band that releases a thrash song can still be a power metal band, for example.
-System of a Down is not a metal band.
-Yes, Metallica's self-titled and Kill 'Em All are indeed different subgenres. So it's no problem.
-What a band claims they play is often not at all what they play. Motorhead is not rock and roll.
-Saying people judge solely on genre labels and not on the actual music is a blatant strawman.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #132
Malcos
FFR Player

Chuck Schuldiner ( Death ) could eat anybody's children.
Anything from the Albums "Scream Bloody Gore" to "The Sound Of Perserverance"
Old 07-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #133
eeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmooo
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to eeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmooo

well metallica isnt the only metal band they were one of the originals though but what bout iron maiden or pantera or umm well there is just so many original metal bands also black sabath cream and motorhead true i am tired of music being labled as this metal that metal 2 me it's all just metal and i love ait all
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #134
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

wow nice bump

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #135
Sh4d0wRe4p3r666
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixRose View Post
wow nice bump
It's a sticky if you've noticed. You can bump this all you want because it'll always stay right at the top.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #136
i_was_forced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to i_was_forced

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmasterer View Post
Actually , CoB is not power metal.
They play melodic death metal.
+ , CoB OWNS
*Hugs* I love you.

Austin: "Woa. Laura went from emo to catholic."
Me: "Laura was catholic all along, Austin.."
*everyone laughs*
Austin: "Well, I was baptized so I think I'm baptist..."
Me: "The genius has spoken."

Oh, the sweet days of 7th grade...

Jamie Leigh
Old 08-5-2007, 06:29 PM   #137
uberaver876
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to uberaver876

hmmm let me see...
A7X, As I lay Dying, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Only In Dreams, After the Burial, Norma Jean, Escape the Fate, As Blood Runs Black, Bullet For My Valentine, err Dragonforce (not really "metal" in my eyes), Still Remains, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira, Fall of Troy, Children of Bodom, H.I.M., Protest the Hero, and alot more that I cant remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess View Post
'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
No.. you go die you BIG MEANIE! OMG THE INTERNET FEELINGS HAVE HURT ME!

Cheers,

Synthlight
Check out my Sim files (my main activity on FFR)!
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...?u=uberaver876
And i do take requests on Sim files.
Old 08-5-2007, 07:59 PM   #138
Verruckter
FFR Player

Ahahaha, oh god. You got it ALL wrong. Let me highlight the bands that are actually metal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberaver876 View Post
hmmm let me see...
A7X, As I lay Dying, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Only In Dreams, After the Burial, Norma Jean, Escape the Fate, As Blood Runs Black, Bullet For My Valentine, err Dragonforce (not really "metal" in my eyes), Still Remains, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira, Fall of Troy, Children of Bodom, H.I.M., Protest the Hero, and alot more that I cant remember...
All the rest are either metalcore or just ****.
Old 08-5-2007, 08:52 PM   #139
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Arch Enemy

All the rest are either metalcore or just ****.
1000% yes.

CoB and DF are iffy because I'm starting to lose interest in power metal.

Symphony X
Dream Theater
Cannibal Corpse
Nevermore

Those are some good bands.
Old 08-5-2007, 09:17 PM   #140
Verruckter
FFR Player

Listening to A Change of Seasons atm.
Closed Thread