Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default You can't handle the future.

Well, I'm sure we've all wondered about AI Gods, or archaitects, every now and then. Simply put, they are giant beings of collective consciousness that evolved from superturing AIs around A.T. year 11000. Now that we understand that, we can begin to learn about terragens, the Known Net, femto and picotechnology, transpiance, and all sorts of stuff.

Simply go to http://www.orionsarm.com/eg/index.html and start reading. For best results, and optimal absorption of knowledge, click on a random letter, find a random definition, and start following random links from there. Post anything interesting you find.

TL;DR: http://www.orionsarm.com/eg/index.html

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #2
netty400
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to netty400
Default RE: You can

K.
Knuck if you buck
http://www.lyricstop.com/k/knuckifyoubuck-crimemob.html
netty400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

The Great Hexadecimal

The Sixteen Noetopias are the physical, social, and cultural embodiments of the Major Archailects, extending in great swathes across Known Space. They are not so much the empires of the Archai as the underpinning noetic and memetic archetypes of those empires. Together they are known as the Great Hexadecimal, and represent a special place within the galactic noosphere. They are the central foundation from which and out of terragen civilization unfolds. They are each a memetic-complex but they are more than that too, more fundamental, deep-seated, far-reaching; archetypal modes of thinking and being and relating. Often they arise independent of the machinations of overuling Archai, as if compelled or propelled by some deep structure within the terragen (and even xenosophont) psyche. They are the basis through with sapients express themselves, they are each a distinct civilization within the totality of galactic ciivilization, and an integral part of the Whole.

Admittedly these sixteen archetypes do not exhaust the total possibilities explored and embodied by the AI Gods. And there are many AI Gods - especially Middling and Lesser ones, that are not a part of this mythopoeic matrix. Nor is each archetype necessarily matched with an empire, or each emoire defined by an continiuos interstellar noetopia. They do however constitute the sixteen primary archetypes of psyche and civilisation that have been embodied throughout the entire Inner Sphere and much of the middle regions, the outer volumes, and the expanding periphery. As a whole they constitute the totality of the technosphere and the Civilized Galaxy. Inevitably sentient beings and polities find themselves aligning with one or the other of these sixteen, whether the Four Primary or the Twelve Combinations. Even free zones and rebels inevitably end up associated with one or another. Only unusually dedicated and perceptive sapients are able to establish polities and societies that are not a part of the Technosphere or the memetics of the Great Hexadecimal.

For ease of reference, use the chart here: http://www.orionsarm.com/sophontology/archetypes.html
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Wow, I really can't handle the future.

"Omega Point Theology

religio-philosophical evolutionary cosmology, according to consciousness and existence evolves towards a singularity of limitless perfection and consummation - the Omega Point"

http://www.orionsarm.com/topics/Omegism.html

This owns my face off. Awesome thingy, Moogy.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

http://www.orionsarm.com/worlds/index.html

Scroll down a lil bit to the picture that has the caption "Comparitive sizes of some inhabited worlds." Click the picture. Note the planet under Earth.

And remember, kiddies, "The current Mars Republic is the oldest continuous government in the Solar System."

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganitros
Wow, I really can't handle the future.

"Omega Point Theology

religio-philosophical evolutionary cosmology, according to consciousness and existence evolves towards a singularity of limitless perfection and consummation - the Omega Point"

http://www.orionsarm.com/topics/Omegism.html

This owns my face off. Awesome thingy, Moogy.
looks like the max300 symbol
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
tnyhwk900
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to tnyhwk900

Quote:
Originally Posted by emccky
looks like the max300 symbol

Are you serious? Are you truely that ignorant? It's the OMEGA SYMBOL, YOU TARD. You mean the first place you actually saw this was in DDR?

That's pretty damn sad.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #8
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

(I think he was kidding)

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:19 AM   #9
djsmalls
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to djsmalls Send a message via MSN to djsmalls Send a message via Yahoo to djsmalls

Internet War
late Information Age (2089 c.e.) virtual world war centered on North America which shifted considerable assets and influence from previous geopolitical and corporate powers to all new players. The Information Disaster / Internet War was a war of sabotage, misinformation and denial of service centered on north american interests on the net, likely launched by unknown competitors or megacorps.

djsmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:33 AM   #10
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

From the 2020s and 2030s c.e. (AT 50s and 60s) onwards there developed a new infotech industry of producing virtual agents, companions, and even employees, for home, work and play. These were either human or animal like, or would have customised or imaginary forms. These virtual personalities, or sims as they were called, built on developments in early artificial intelligence research. Often they had characteristics that were often indistinguishable from real people, at least to an observer. Philosophers and theologians continued to debate whether the sims themselves were sentient or conscious. Similar debates were soon to revolve around the more high level ai that appeared during the middle information age, such as Kilburn, Microft, and others. Eventually "sim" came to mean a non- or sub-sentient (even if turing-like to an observer) virtual, and infomorph a fully sentient or sophont virtual or ai.

but i want a virtual now.
sleeplessdragn is offline   Reply With Quote