Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-3-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Cats_Go_Meow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Eternal Living

I have a question that has been bugging me for a while. I will keep this as short as possible while still explaining myself. Please offer answers and suggestions only, no pointless posts please.

Please try to see this through my point of view. If you believe in Eternal living, then why continue to live life on Earth? Life on Earth is miserable. War, Starvation, Murder, are just a few that make life horrible. If you could live happily forever, then why wouldn't you?

The most common answer I get is, "God loves me." So I ask, "If God loves everyone so much, why is there war, terror, etc?"

They usually have no answer for that question. Most people have called me ignorant for questioning God's love.

Why is it you ask some people a question that they cannot answer, you are being ignorant?

Last edited by Cats_Go_Meow; 08-4-2007 at 08:50 PM..
Old 08-3-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: Eternal Living

I'm pretty sure that suicide is a sin.

Even if it's not, "testing God" (in this case, killing yourself to see if you'll get into Heaven) is not advisable.

Where's Guido or chardish or Phil when you need them?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

Last edited by Kilgamayan; 08-3-2007 at 05:10 PM..
Old 08-3-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to omgwtfToph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

what the **** is "eternal living" anyway

what the **** religions believe in "eternal living on Earth"

I am pretty sure "eternal living on Earth" has been disproved because 100% of people born so far have died

WHAT THE **** IS THIS THREAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 08-3-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Ever try to jump the Grand Canyon on a skateboard? Because that's a good metaphor for the logical leaps your taking in this argument. Or rather, these arguments, since you are saying a lot in very few words, which give no direction to discussion.

In fact, this sounds more like a rant than a discussion topic.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 08-3-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
Cats_Go_Meow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Why exactly is Suicide a sin, can you please explain your reasoning to me.

Old 08-3-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Because committing suicide tells God that you think you're qualified to judge when a life is supposed to end.

Thou shalt not kill, after all.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 08-3-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Okay, here goes an actual response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_Go_Meow View Post
Please try to see this through my point of view. If you believe in Eternal living, then why continue to live life on Earth?
Because what you do on Earth dictates how you will live after death.

Quote:
Life on Earth is miserable. War, Starvation, Murder, are just a few that make life horrible.
Life isn't miserable. I'm quite content, as I'm sure many people are. Sure, those are bad things, but there are good things, too: love, FFR, etc.

Quote:
If you could live happily forever, then why wouldn't you?
That's the goal, but you've gotta work for it.

Quote:
The most common answer I get is, "God loves me." So I ask, "If God loves everyone so much, why is there war, terror, etc?"
I think Toph covered that. Another angle would be that God loved us so much that he gave us free will and the capacity to do harm.

Quote:
They usually have no answer for that question. Most people have called me ignorant for questioning God's love. Why is it everytime you ask a religious person a question that they cannot answer, you are being ignorant?
What's ignorant is that gross generalization of yours.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 08-3-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
MrZombie
Insert Witty Title Here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrZombie

Quote:

They usually have no answer for that question. Most people have called me ignorant for questioning God's love.

Why is it everytime you ask a religious person a question that they cannot answer, you are being ignorant?

The reason is simple.

The reason we have War, Terror, Etc is because we do it to ourselves.

It's not gods wrong-doing every time someone is killed.

It's us. Human Life. Civilization.

We created the mess we are in.

I don't want to get into a holy war here. XD
Old 08-4-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

still the worst thread ever fyi
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 08-4-2007, 03:45 AM   #10
Kamon08
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Kamon08

Eternal life can and will be good depending apon wat u belive or disbelive i already kno my enternal life will be awsome as can be so were do u think ur going o0?
Old 08-4-2007, 04:18 AM   #11
omgwtfToph
FFR Music Producers
FFR Music Producer

aids o.O
Old 08-4-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
Necros140606
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Necros140606 Send a message via MSN to Necros140606

rofl toph
Old 08-4-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
Cats_Go_Meow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Last edited by Cats_Go_Meow; 08-4-2007 at 08:53 PM..
Old 08-4-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
Philpwnsyou
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Philpwnsyou

Quote:

Why is it you ask some people a question that they cannot answer, you are being ignorant?
Satan the Devil, who caused the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, to rebel against God, stands in opposition to God’s righteous standard and is appropriately termed “the wicked one.” (Mt 6:13; 13:19, 38; 1Jo 2:13, 14; 5:19) The rebellion initiated by Satan called into question the rightfulness and righteousness of God’s sovereignty, that is, whether God’s rulership over his creatures is exercised righteously and in their best interests. The fact that Adam and Eve rebelled also raised another issue: Would all other intelligent creatures prove unfaithful and disloyal to God when obedience appeared to bring no material benefits? Satan’s claim respecting faithful Job implied that they would do so. Satan said: “Skin in behalf of skin, and everything that a man has he will give in behalf of his soul. For a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch as far as his bone and his flesh and see whether he will not curse you to your very face.”—Job 2:4, 5;

Time was required to settle the issues that had been raised. Hence, [YHWH] God, by permitting wicked persons to continue living, made it possible for others to share in proving Satan’s claim false by serving God faithfully under unfavorable and trialsome circumstances. God’s permission of wickedness has also provided an opportunity for individuals to abandon a wrong course and to subject themselves willingly to God’s righteous laws. (Isa 55:7; Eze 33:11) So God’s holding back for a time from destroying the wicked serves to spare the righteously disposed ones by allowing time for them to prove their love and devotion to [YHWH] God.—Ro 9:17-26.

Additionally, God makes use of circumstances in such a way that the wicked themselves unwittingly serve his purpose. Though they oppose God, he can restrain them to the extent necessary for the preserving of his servants in their integrity, and can cause the actions even of such persons to bring his righteousness to the fore. (Ro 3:3-5, 23-26; 8:35-39; Ps 76:10) This thought is expressed at Proverbs 16:4: “Everything Yahweh has made for his purpose, yes, even the wicked one for the evil day.”

A case in point is the Pharaoh on whom God, through Moses and Aaron, served notice for the release of the enslaved Israelites. God did not make this Egyptian ruler wicked, but he did allow him to continue living and also brought about circumstances that caused Pharaoh to manifest himself as being wicked and deserving of death. God’s purpose in doing this is revealed at Exodus 9:16: “For this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth.”

The Ten Plagues visited upon Egypt, climaxed by the destruction of Pharaoh and his military forces in the Red Sea, were an impressive demonstration of God's power. (Ex 7:14–12:30; Ps 78:43-51; 136:15) For years afterward the nations round about were still talking about it, and God’s name was thus being declared throughout the earth. (Jos 2:10, 11; 1Sa 4:8) Had [YHWH] God killed Pharaoh immediately, this grand display of God’s power to His glory and for the deliverance of His people would not have been possible.

The Scriptures give assurance that the time will come when wickedness will no longer exist, as all those who stand in opposition to the Creator will be destroyed when his permission of wickedness will have served its purpose.—2Pe 3:9-13; Re 18:20-24; 19:11–20:3, 7-10.
Old 08-5-2007, 12:59 AM   #15
Wlfwnd91
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wlfwnd91 Send a message via MSN to Wlfwnd91 Send a message via Yahoo to Wlfwnd91

Please lock this thread? It's a mockery of CT

Old 08-5-2007, 01:10 AM   #16
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

A mod has posted here twice without locking it.

I'm going to venture a guess that you don't know better than he does about what should and shouldn't be locked here.

In addition, there is a Report Post button. I suggest you use it in the future.
Old 08-5-2007, 03:13 AM   #17
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

This thread has no direction, and is therefore going nowhere.

In before God doesn't exist.
Closed Thread