Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #1621
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles
Default Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Game is getting boring. Takes too long to get any worthwhile gear so you can never have fun trying multiple builds and gear sets let alone play other classes. Will probably wait for changes in the future.
you could play hardcore with me and muirrir 8)
Old 04-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #1622
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

True, that might be the next thing I try once I feel like playing again.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #1623
cetaka
Dark Chancellor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to cetaka

sprint (bow)

cetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #1624
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
you could play hardcore with me and muirrir 8)
yo I get True Internet this weekend
let me get on dat

also
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #1625
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

holy shit
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #1626
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Enchantress weapon epeen
Also she can't die.

Max dps buffed, 1.36 million sheet dps with 63% bonus arcane damage totaling 2.2 million edps. Still need a decent SoJ and Andy's for 40% more arcane damage, putting me right under the 115% max (don't have perfect rolls on weap or source or legendary bracers)
Have 27 second downtime on Archon with Evocation and Pure Power rune, it's getting very hard to get proper CDR gear that isn't a huge dps loss; I still have 3 slots that I can possibly get CDR on (can't get it on weapon sadly because the socket is too important).
Working now on just farming money and exp for my last 3 flawless royal topaz gems and maxing CDR from paragon.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/h.../hero/42626847

p.s. bonus image, this is what happens when you get a goblin room like Choof posted, with conduit running. Surprisingly got no legendaries but like a dozen imperial gems, super worth.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-13-2014 at 11:39 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #1627
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

lf> goblin rooms
Old 04-14-2014, 12:15 AM   #1628
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i was only able to kill five of them but yeah hella gems
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #1629
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Hi, Born's Furious Wrath rolls CDR and socket. I would assume that it's BiS for this build.

Been playing around with only a moderate amount of CDR, so that I'm not sacrificing much DPS but still getting archon up about twice as frequently. It seems to increase my farming rate, so I'm probably gonna roll with it. Especially with the new bracers I found that pretty much reset my CD entirely whenever I find a health relic. Makes killing some bosses really nice too, since I can perma archon against a few of them.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #1630
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

perma archon sounds really nice..

i've been looking into fire% skill builds for my barb (maximus, magefist, etc) and it looks pretty op

i'm thinking of playing monk too.. how do monks fare these days?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #1631
ffr212
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.D.D View Post
perma archon sounds really nice..
Max cdr (80%?) on a wizard is godmode, you'll hear from others that a frozen orb build is better, but It's ridiculously fun zooming around in Arch doing T1 rift farming really quickly.

And as for monks they currently have a really beast tier set, can't remember which. All of my monk friends....and barbs, dropped to play crusaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Adding things like 'um' just looks silly, it's like you're trying to say 'hey I'm shy, look how shy I am, this conveys my shyness,' and it makes you look like you're simply attention-seeking rather than genuinely trying to become part of the community.

Last edited by ffr212; 04-14-2014 at 07:26 AM..
ffr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #1632
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

i think i'll be making a monk after i'm done gearing out my barb

need a shard of hate
Old 04-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #1633
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Monks are fun
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #1634
Samwais
Mysterious. . . .
FFR Veteran

Speaking of monks...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/40885625
Samwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #1635
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Hi, Born's Furious Wrath rolls CDR and socket. I would assume that it's BiS for this build.
The obvious choice for Archon CDR is to use 2 piece Captian Crimson set bonus and 3 piece Born's. But in using the two, no matter how you do it (even if you use Ring of Royal Grandeur) you give up a really important DPS item and Vyr's 4 piece.
For example to get Captain Crimson you need to use the legs and boots in order to wear a Witching Hour, but then you can't use Vyr's set. For Born's, you need to use the chest and shoulders in order to use Gesture of Orpheus wand, but then you can't use Vyr's set. In each case, having Vyr's set trumps the 10% CDR because the flat 20 second reduction in CD from gaining the Pure Power rune is better than 10% CDR (only 12 second reduction)

For me, I'd rather have 20% more dps and a minor like 10 seconds wait between archons, but it's a choice you have to make for yourself.

My ideal set would be:
Andy's helm - arcane damage, int, AS and socket for diamond (can't roll crit but that's ok)
Moonlight Ward - arcane damage, int, crit, reroll attack speed to CDR
Born's shoulders
Born's chest - Born's is the better of the two 10% CDR set bonuses because it comes with the 2 piece %life bonus
Vyr's gloves - int, crit, crit damage, CDR. CDR is more important than attack speed in slots you can get it.
Strongarm Bracers - archon form melee has a built in tiny knockback, these are OP with archon. Roll arcane damage, crit chance.
Witching Hour belt
Vyr's pants
Vyr's boots - Disintegrate damage. The only place I get +skill damage because there's literally nothing else important to roll here. Very useful for when I'm not an archon.
Ring of Royal Grandeur - required to get both Vyr's and Born's because they share a slot. int, Crit, Crit damage, and CDR
Stone of Jordan - arcane damage, %damage to elites, int, and crit. Can't roll crit damage but the arcane and elite damage are better so that's just fine.
Gesture of Orpheus wand - arcane damage, socket. Have to choose between int and CDR in this slot, I'm not sure whether giving up mainstat is worth the 10% CDR. On my current want I went with mainstat over CDR, in the future I'd probably go the opposite.
Triumvirate - arcane damage, CDR

This gives Vyr's 4piece, one of the two 10% CDR sets, every item in the game with +arcane damage, and the most crit and crit damage you can get while wearing the sets.
It also gives you CDR from every slot that can have it except one ring.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-14-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #1636
ffr212
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
The obvious choice for Archon CDR is to use 2 piece Captian Crimson set bonus and 3 piece Born's. But in using the two, no matter how you do it (even if you use Ring of Royal Grandeur) you give up a really important DPS item and Vyr's 4 piece.
For example to get Captain Crimson you need to use the legs and boots in order to wear a Witching Hour, but then you can't use Vyr's set. For Born's, you need to use the chest and shoulders in order to use Gesture of Orpheus wand, but then you can't use Vyr's set. In each case, having Vyr's set trumps the 10% CDR because the flat 20 second reduction in CD from gaining the Pure Power rune is better than 10% CDR (only 12 second reduction)

For me, I'd rather have 20% more dps and a minor 4 seconds wait between archons, but it's a choice you have to make for yourself.

My ideal set would be:
Andy's helm - arcane damage, int, AS and socket for diamond (can't roll crit but that's ok)
Moonlight Ward - arcane damage, int, crit, reroll attack speed to crit damage
Born's shoulders
Born's chest - Born's is the better of the two 10% CDR set bonuses because it comes with the 2 piece %life bonus
Vyr's gloves - int, crit, crit damage, CDR. CDR is more important than attack speed in slots you can get it.
Strongarm Bracers - archon form melee has a built in tiny knockback, these are OP with archon
Witching Hour belt
Vyr's pants
Vyr's boots - Disintegrate damage. The only place I get +skill damage because there's literally nothing else to roll here. Very useful for the 4 seconds I'm not an archon.
Ring of Royal Grandeur - required to get both Vyr's and Born's because they share a slot. int, Crit, Crit damage, and CDR
Stone of Jordan - arcane damage, %damage to elites, int, and crit. Can't roll crit damage but the arcane and elite damage are better so that's just fine. My only slot that can roll CDR that won't have it.
Gesture of Orpheus wand - arcane damage
Triumvirate - arcane damage

This gives Vyr's 4piece, one of the two 10% CDR sets, every item in the game with +arcane damage, and the most crit and crit damage you can get while wearing the sets.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/35650591

Here ya go, you are right about 2 piece Crimson and 3 piece Born, think the only reason this is two peice Born is because everything else is highest CDR role.

and that bet is being swapped out for the witching hour when it drops.

Quote:
Adding things like 'um' just looks silly, it's like you're trying to say 'hey I'm shy, look how shy I am, this conveys my shyness,' and it makes you look like you're simply attention-seeking rather than genuinely trying to become part of the community.

Last edited by ffr212; 04-14-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #1637
hi19hi19
lol happy

GIG uses both and that's because for some reason he's REALLY horny for the idea of perma archon. Probably so he can put "perma archon" in his stream title and get viewers.
I also have no idea why he uses Tal's, because Andy's and Vyr's chest has more DPS on it. 20% arcane damage outweighs 5% crit and 5% arcane damage, I've checked using a character builder (unless I did my math wrong?)
Maybe he wants Tal's 3set for the all res? He has perma archon so there's literally no reason to do that for the AP regen...
Believe me I've watched his stream a bit and I am not a fan of his gearset.

I'm fine with a wait between archons, so I want Vyr's. I'm also not a huge fan of Gloves of Worship even though I know they are BiS for basically everything, so once again I'm fine using Vyr's gloves.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-14-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #1638
ffr212
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
GIG uses both and that's because for some reason he's REALLY horny for the idea of perma archon. Believe me I've watched his stream a bit and I am not a fan of his gearset.

I'm fine with a wait between archons, so I want Vyr's.
Yeah, I love that constant Arch, and it doesn't actually always need to be on, partially considering you aren't in combat a good percentage of time, so yeah something in place of the extra archon time like dmg output or something else like Vyr would be perfect.

also--edit,

could you link your gear? I'm in the process of gearing my wizard right now and love all the help I can get.

Quote:

Last edited by ffr212; 04-14-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #1639
hi19hi19
lol happy

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/h.../hero/42626847

Nothing here is final except my Moonlight Ward which is almost perfect, and my Witching Hour which is probably as good as I'll ever get.
Wearing Captain Crimson's at the moment because I don't have a Ring of Royal Grandeur. I keep getting the damn shoulders from my act1 bags...
Also don't look at my build, this is what I use for farming exp (Ghom and T6 bounties) and not what I usually use in rifts.

I also have frost and lightning sets I'm building for fun.
I have so much good fire gear (great Cindercoat, Magefists, 19% Firebird's Eye) but fire builds never appealed to me despite it being OBVIOUSLY the best of the elements for raw endgame damage. Most of them are really plain, or are Wand of Woh builds that never interested me (I've already had that experience back when CM was a thing rofl)

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-14-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #1640
hi19hi19
lol happy

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...SO!cUbh!bYbZcc

This is normal rifting build, way less damage, way more survivability. Depending on torment level I swap Prismatic Armor for Power of the Storm so I can Disintegrate longer.
I'm too much a fan of Unstable Anomaly to use Unwavering Will or Audacity, I like my free Aatrox passive.

EDIT- found it, this is the streamer that uses a set I like. He recently got a Moonlight Ward btw
This is what I would run if I was going for a no-CDR Vyr's build.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/a.../hero/19239557

It's pretty standard but really effective, easily do T6.
I'm debating between this and the CDR build I linked above, because CDR is fun but honestly less effective.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 04-14-2014 at 12:37 PM..