Old 05-9-2007, 11:00 AM   #61
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to leadafro Send a message via Yahoo to leadafro
Default Re: Why ITG is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
It doesn't really have to flow perfectly. It just has to fit the song which ITG does. That is why ITG is harder, it doesn't directly with the music. If your looking for the most logical steps play DDR extreme...however SuperNova is just rediculous lol (AA hint hint).
right....DDR EXTREME HAS THE MOST "LOGICAL" STEPS. take a look at some retarted stepcharts they've made.All I have to say is, A on ONI...all they did was add jumps and crossovers for a challenge,when they could have obviously used A's 16th piano runs.Most of ITG's Songs Well,match the music.putting in 16ths 24ths and 12ths where they should be unlike some DDR songs.but whatever.
Old 05-9-2007, 01:39 PM   #62
Lamoc
FFR Player

To be honest DDR is freakin retarded. Pathetic step patterns holding NO challenge what-so-ever. I think the hardest song i've found on DDR is Max 300 superspeedmix. After getting a full combo on that on the FIRST try, it's official, DDR sucks compared to ITG. ITG you get much more mods AND you use your hands. What could be better? Much harder songs and also a very simple beginer mode to help you out. DDR is more for idiots that want to look good or pretend thier good OR they just don't know how to play. ITG actualy puts a challenge to the steps. Like someone said earlier putting 4 steps into one beat, and having DDR put one step into a beat? A complicated song on DDR might be a 200 bpm. That's sad. Anything under 250 isn't worth playing without mods. Now we go to ITG with songs like robotix and vertex. Those take real skill. Also you can add songs directly to the machine. That meaning you can put songs with over 500 bpm on there. That's why ITG clearly beats down DDR anyday.
Lamoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2007, 04:11 PM   #63
TK_Sage
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoc View Post
To be honest DDR is freakin retarded. Pathetic step patterns holding NO challenge what-so-ever. I think the hardest song i've found on DDR is Max 300 superspeedmix. After getting a full combo on that on the FIRST try, it's official, DDR sucks compared to ITG. ITG you get much more mods AND you use your hands. What could be better? Much harder songs and also a very simple beginer mode to help you out. DDR is more for idiots that want to look good or pretend thier good OR they just don't know how to play. ITG actualy puts a challenge to the steps. Like someone said earlier putting 4 steps into one beat, and having DDR put one step into a beat? A complicated song on DDR might be a 200 bpm. That's sad. Anything under 250 isn't worth playing without mods. Now we go to ITG with songs like robotix and vertex. Those take real skill. Also you can add songs directly to the machine. That meaning you can put songs with over 500 bpm on there. That's why ITG clearly beats down DDR anyday.

Agreed lol. DDR is more for people trying to show off and look good when they really are not anything special. If you get to hard on ITG then go to DDR its like damn this is hella easy. PSMO is the best song on there it has good steps and its a pretty kewl song. ITG has lots of great stepscharts and lots of kewl songs. Plus the whole record thing makes it way funner to play.
Old 05-9-2007, 04:17 PM   #64
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

ITG is just harder than DDR. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2007, 05:35 PM   #65
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ITG is not only harder, its alot more fun.
Anubis is one of the most fun stepcharts I have ever played.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #66
TK_Sage
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah Anubis is a kewl song. That and Zodiac have fun stepcharts lol. GO 60 Go has a pretty chill stepchart lol.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #67
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Biff_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
And I don't remember saying anything about that logic that was all that stupid, just stating that if I fail a song in ITG, the song oughtta cut off right where I failed.
Hold the BIG RED button if your that worried about it not failing right away...
(arcade version only)

Sig by Darkmonkey AKA Clowd
Biff_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #68
Nezeru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nezeru

After having skimmed this thread (I admit to not currently having the time to examine every post), I have yet to see a convincing argument regarding why ITG is stupid. Seriously, you picked Sunshine Expert? Do you honestly expect someone to make an expert chart using only the rhythms provided by the vocals?

If you want to make the claim that ITG is stupid because of its stepcharts, here are a few prime examples.

1. Lipstick Kiss Expert. Not much needs to be said here, it's just a terrible chart.
2. Sunshine Hard. This chart is completely retarded. Every step goes with something, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense.
3. Determinator Expert. Lots of people will disagree, but the 24ths are unnecessary.
4. Go 60 Go Expert. I actually like this, but the teal notes don't go with the music.
5. Disconnected Disco, all difficulties. This is just a godawful song, and the charts aren't much better.
6. VerTex^2.

Now, with that being said, I still claim that ITG is vastly superior to DDR. Reasons:

1. There are more modifiers and more courses. ITG has far better stepcharts, better music, a far superior screen (don't even get me started on how much SuperNOVA sucks, just look at the capitalization in the name) and a better machine in general.
2. DDR stepcharts are all predictable and have almost no difficulty to them at all. ITG at least provides a challenge to everyone. You may not like some songs, but you can't argue that ITG isn't harder than DDR.
3. ITG allows you to continue playing a song after you fail. This is perhaps the nicest improvement over DDR.
4. ITG is newer and fresher. DDR has been out for years. ITG provided innovation when Konami was lacking. On second thought, Konami has always been lacking in innovation.

That's all I have time to say for now, but I'll probably revisit this thread in the near future.

EDIT - Response to Lamoc: A lot of songs that have low BPMs are difficult. Robotix does not take skill, it's probably the easiest 11 in all of ITG. VerTex is probably the easiest 12. Just because the BPM changes and the maximum value for BPM is high does not make a song difficult. Euphoria and Bloodrush both have less than 160 BPM and are among the hardest five songs in ITG.

Last edited by Nezeru; 05-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Added a response to a previous user.
Nezeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:39 AM   #69
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezeru View Post
EDIT - Response to Lamoc: A lot of songs that have low BPMs are difficult. Robotix does not take skill, it's probably the easiest 11 in all of ITG. VerTex is probably the easiest 12.
Charlene Expert.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #70
bright141
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to bright141

pretty much DDR/ITG2 kinda the same (dance game) but anyways i dont really matter witch one i play but itg so i say there both good but itg2 kinda glitches alot and v1 hacks for it (makes every ddry song on it) any ways again i say itg2 2 much burst and ddr is fun playing so i got for both
bright141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #71
Nezeru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nezeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff_tech View Post
Charlene Expert.
Charlene is pretty easy to score on, but there is SOME difficulty to it. If you hit a mine in Robotix, you just suck. Anyway, Xuxa is easier than Charlene too. Here's my list:

Difficulty to pass (easiest first):

1. Robotix Expert
2. Clockwork Genesis Expert
3. VerTex^2 Hard
4. Xuxa Expert
5. Utopia Expert
6. Charlene Expert
7. July Expert
8. Mythology Expert
9. Destiny Expert
10. Infection Expert
11. The Beginning Expert
12. Hardcore Symphony Expert
13. Monolith Expert
14. Pandemonium Hard

Difficulty to score on(easiest first):
1. Charlene Expert
2. Robotix Expert
3. Xuxa Expert
4. July Expert
5. Destiny Expert
6. Mythology Expert
7. The Beginning Expert
8. Utopia Expert
9. Infection Expert
10. Hardcore Symphony Expert
11. VerTex^2 Hard
12. Pandemonium Hard
13. Monolith Expert
14. Clockwork Genesis Expert

As you see, the lists are quite different. Clockwork Genesis is very easy to pass due to the relatively few number of steps in the song, but very difficult to score on because of the constant 16ths to jumps, high chaos of steps in general, etc. Charlene is the easiest to score on because once you know the song, it plays like a 9. I'd say Xuxa and Robotix are more along the lines of easier 10s to score on. July is simple as well, but somewhat draining, hence the higher difficulty to pass than difficulty to score.

Just my two cents on 11s.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #72
rel89
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rel89

This thread was revived.. when?
I like ITG way better than DDR, FYI PEOPLES.
Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

SM/GH3/FFR vids
rel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #73
thepondermatic
FFR Player

Some people like ITG better.

Some people like DDR better.

We are allowed to disagree.

Good night. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post
I wish someone would quote me in their sig.

thepondermatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 AM   #74
[X-RoNNie-X]
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to [X-RoNNie-X]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezeru View Post
Charlene is pretty easy to score on, but there is SOME difficulty to it. If you hit a mine in Robotix, you just suck. Anyway, Xuxa is easier than Charlene too. Here's my list:

Difficulty to pass (easiest first):

1. Robotix Expert
2. Clockwork Genesis Expert
3. VerTex^2 Hard
4. Xuxa Expert
5. Utopia Expert
6. Charlene Expert
7. July Expert
8. Mythology Expert
9. Destiny Expert
10. Infection Expert
11. The Beginning Expert
12. Hardcore Symphony Expert
13. Monolith Expert
14. Pandemonium Hard

Difficulty to score on(easiest first):
1. Charlene Expert
2. Robotix Expert
3. Xuxa Expert
4. July Expert
5. Destiny Expert
6. Mythology Expert
7. The Beginning Expert
8. Utopia Expert
9. Infection Expert
10. Hardcore Symphony Expert
11. VerTex^2 Hard
12. Pandemonium Hard
13. Monolith Expert
14. Clockwork Genesis Expert

As you see, the lists are quite different. Clockwork Genesis is very easy to pass due to the relatively few number of steps in the song, but very difficult to score on because of the constant 16ths to jumps, high chaos of steps in general, etc. Charlene is the easiest to score on because once you know the song, it plays like a 9. I'd say Xuxa and Robotix are more along the lines of easier 10s to score on. July is simple as well, but somewhat draining, hence the higher difficulty to pass than difficulty to score.

Just my two cents on 11s.
in my opinion, i just think clockwork genesis has a really bad stepchart lol
idk. i just don't like it
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 AM   #75
l Endorphin l
Maybe
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yeah...Because DDR has good stepfiles -.-'
Honestly I'm tired of DDR's crappy j-pop, worthless techno, and whoring out popular American songs...it's retarded.

ITG I'm not a fan of the home version, but I love my ITG2 Arcade machine down the street with its hacked songs.

Only songs I like on DDR are L.E.D songs.
Best DDR Stepfile ever = Innocence of Silence.
l Endorphin l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 AM   #76
Biff_tech
so the 17 ate the 12 eh.
FFR Veteran

I don't see how Robotix Expert is easier then Charlene Expert. I still haven't beaten robotix xpert, but i've 80+ charlene >.>.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #77
[X-RoNNie-X]
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to [X-RoNNie-X]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff_tech View Post
I don't see how Robotix Expert is easier then Charlene Expert. I still haven't beaten robotix xpert, but i've 80+ charlene >.>.
ya really. robotix expert is so much harder than charlene expert lol
Old 08-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #78
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rel89 View Post
Ok I was playing some ITG2 yesterday with my RedOctane on SM, right?
Well I played the song 'Sunshine' on expert. That's a 10-footer.

Anyways.. I was doing good until these random bursts of arrows came up during the vocals.
I thought, "Now why would someone put a bunch of arrows while someone singing is holding the note?"

And then I quit because it was just stupid.
I notice that in a couple of other songs.

DDR - syncs songs
ITG - stupid jump obsessive steps.
That's why DDR sucks.
DDR is too litteral when it comes to the music.
Too obvious.
ITG is a challange, not going with the vocals, but with the music.
Think of it this way.
You're feet are a drum beat that's supposed to be added in with the song.
It's all an accumulation of things.
Since when were vocals any fun to step to?

Oh, and as for anyone who thinks that the DDR stepcharts are good....
Kill yourself for the sake of Rythem&Dance games pronto.
Half the songs are randomly generated, and another 1/4 of them just suck. DDR was a pretty good IDEA. ITG is the real thing. It IS, and always WILL BE better.

GG. ;x
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
D!LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #79
Darkmonkey
FFR Player

I don't know about charlene being easier then robotix. The mines in charlene kill me, but i can do the crossovers in robotix like they're nothing; back on topic. ITG2 is the supirior game. DDR is only good for SO DEEP (perfect sphere mix) but thats more fun on an itg machine anyways...so DDR just sucks.

Ive been here longer then most...
Darkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #80
SpoOkyMagician
Forum User
FFR Veteran

sigh... I wish i had ITG... But then again, i suck at ddr so there isnt any point in getting it if its this hard. lol =P
SpoOkyMagician is offline   Reply With Quote