Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #201
RF_Niche in Torture
FFR Player

Default Re: Homosexual Marriage

Someone create a new topic someday soon (not today, I'm worn out) about Homosexual Parents' Rights to Adoption
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #202
scrobytilt
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scrobytilt

ha i was the one that did that 3 yr bump sry about that im still a noob when it comes to forums but i agree with ninche i would be awesome it some1 could make some offspring threads like homosexual's rights to adoption or if you think a childs enviorment might turn him or her homosexual.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #203
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

I'm Niche..

Feel free to start new threads and post in them regularly, but please read the Critical Thinking etiquette and abide by the rules. Please post using capitalization, punctuation, and full words using examples and analogies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #204
ffrrocksya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ffrrocksya Send a message via Yahoo to ffrrocksya

I'd say let the person feel what think is right, but I wouldn't allow marriage.

FC's:52
AAA's:11
Tokens:18
Skill Tokens:3

I play with one hand
(it's screwing me over a bit now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrrocksya View Post
Woah! This is my own qoute! :O
Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #205
RandomPscho
FFR Player

Why would you not let them marry? This is Critical Thinking, you need to explain yourself. I personally don't care at all if they are granted marriage. They will get some extra benefits and will be treated the same in the eyes of the government, which is what they want. It has no affect on the rest of the population, either.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #206
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

It's not that you could have picked out anything in the enivronment that made you gay. It's not like if you have gay parents you'll be gay, or gay friends make you gay, or if you hang around the opposite gender a lot as a kid. It's nothing like that. It's the subtle cues that mold and shape you into who you are.

Maybe in SOME cases being around a lot of gay people makes someone gay, but I doubt it does often, or at least it isn't the whole story.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #207
ellabella20
FFR Player

Smile Re: Homosexual Marriage

I think it is okay. I mean, all these Christians make a big deal about it saying that they can't produce babies so they don't fit into society, but they can always adopt, and that's like having a kid. And anyway, why would God make somebody Homosexual if he didn't want it. And with marriage, if there happy, I think it's okay. I mean, it wouldn't be fair to tell a gay guy he can't be married and be happy and adopt just because he's gay. I think it's kinda hipocrytical sorta. Bottom line, let people be in charge of who they want to be and be married to who they want to be married with. Have a happy life.
P.S-Conneticut has become the second state to allow homosexual marriage. I wish all states take charge like Conneticut.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #208
MRTL_mrclean17
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to MRTL_mrclean17

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopete View Post
People are who they are, it's not a gene defect. Trying to explain it causes people to think less of a certain theory than they already did.
I never said it was a gene defect and neither did my source, there is nothing wrong with being gay and thats what I was trying to get across.
It's not really a theory anymore, especially since it was proven, but while certain chromosomes are a cause of being gay, they are not the only reason for homosexuality.
To reiterate: I was giving an example of how it could be chromosome related.

Edit: Oh how I must stress again, read this! http://webpages.marshall.edu/~woods18/homosexuality.htm

Then after reading this, if you can come up with a good (Key word being Good) reason for gay marriage to be against the LAW, then post it!

However, until then, I declare this thread: D-E-A-D as of Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:34 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Last edited by MRTL_mrclean17; 04-15-2007 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: oh hell yeah!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #209
gamewiz0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gamewiz0
Post Re: Homosexual Marriage

I'm reletively new to this whole debate, but I thought I'd at least put my 2 cents in to start.

It's not that I'm for, or agaisnt homosexual marriage, its just I don't really care either way, though if someone came up and asked me weither to support it or argue it, I would most likely say "Sure, let them get married!"

In the following paragraphs, a * means there are obvious exceptions to the previously typed statement.

1. Religion - To stop same-sex marriage by playing the religion card isn't right. In America, people are allowed to beleive in what ever they want*, and do what ever they want*. So in that same sense, not everyone belives that same-sex marriage is wrong! Meaning that these people are allowed to marry people of the same sex if they wish.

2. Tradition - Many people argue that this life-style is breaking "tradition" and the stable groundings that the american family is built on. Well, back in a long time when slavery was still an active way of farming, many pro-slavery people beleive that getting rid of slaves would break the stable groundings that farming is built on. Well, we farm perfectly well today without slaves huh
Old 04-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #210
evilcowgod
FFR Player

So.

Thread conclusion: Whether people are born gay, or turn gay later in life, it doesn't matter, people are who they are. If God made someone a certain way, I have a hard time beileve all of this "homosexuality goes against God" stuff. Just because something goes against the Bible doesn't mean it's wrong. *cough*masturbation*cough.

<- Support!
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this."
Evilcowgod is not amused.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #211
MRTL_mrclean17
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowgod View Post
So.

Thread conclusion: Whether people are born gay, or turn gay later in life, it doesn't matter, people are who they are. If God made someone a certain way, I have a hard time beileve all of this "homosexuality goes against God" stuff. Just because something goes against the Bible doesn't mean it's wrong. *cough*masturbation*cough.
Couldn't have said it better myself, well, thats not true, I could but I'm feeling incredibly lazy, I hope a mod locks this thread or something.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #212
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

Quote:
Originally Posted by "people
I am against gay marriage
What's it to you, or anyone if gay people get married? What are you so scared of? That a man and a man will get married, and then the Rapture will occur?

Listen, if you don't like homosexuality, that's fine. But the worst, WORST, thing you can do is try to force your beliefs, ESPECIALLY if they are religion-related, into politics. We have a separation of church and state and until you can provide concrete proof that everything in the bible is real, and believing in religion is no longer called "faith" but "fact" then the two have no business being around each other.

Gay people are gay because they're born gay. If they can choose, who's to say what choice is correct? The Bible? Sorry, but when it comes to states approving the right for two men or women to get married then any religious support is thrown out the window. Could you or anyone else choose to be gay? Of course not, you're physically repulsed by the idea of screwing another man, probably because you were BORN STRAIGHT.

Good lord theres nothing that pisses me off more than people sticking their noses into people's business because they think it's wrong, although it's doing nothing to hurt them or anyone else.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #213
MRTL_mrclean17
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman View Post
What's it to you, or anyone if gay people get married? What are you so scared of? That a man and a man will get married, and then the Rapture will occur?

Listen, if you don't like homosexuality, that's fine. But the worst, WORST, thing you can do is try to force your beliefs, ESPECIALLY if they are religion-related, into politics. We have a separation of church and state and until you can provide concrete proof that everything in the bible is real, and believing in religion is no longer called "faith" but "fact" then the two have no business being around each other.

Gay people are gay because they're born gay. If they can choose, who's to say what choice is correct? The Bible? Sorry, but when it comes to states approving the right for two men or women to get married then any religious support is thrown out the window. Could you or anyone else choose to be gay? Of course not, you're physically repulsed by the idea of screwing another man, probably because you were BORN STRAIGHT.

Good lord theres nothing that pisses me off more than people sticking their noses into people's business because they think it's wrong, although it's doing nothing to hurt them or anyone else.
I know this will make me sound like a jackass, but in this case I can't help myself, so here it goes once again:
So far no valid nonreligious reason has been posited for the opposition of gay marriage, furthermore, according to the text I pulled up, which you probably didn't read since you haven't really read anybody else's posts:
religion is a poor excuse for the bigotry of gay marriage.

Critical thinking requires critical reading.

Now I say once again: This thread is dead unless anybody can come up with a GOOD non-religious reason to be AGAINST homosexual marriage.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #214
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

I read a few posts and posted. Get off my nuts.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #215
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Critical thinking -also- requires critical understanding that a post about your post is about your post not you. Nobody is "on your nuts" about your post, your post was simply another "I think it's okay because I think it's ok" post, like the dozen of its kind, as distinguished from all of the "I don't think it's okay, because I don't think it's okay" posts.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #216
Lamoc
FFR Player

Being homosexual shouldn't matter about anything. From getting married to adopting a child to renting out an appartment. When I first tried to rent an appartment I was turned down several times because I wanted to rent it with another woman. The appartments were made for couples and they had a problem with that. If you don't like homosexuals, don't be one. You don't have any right to tell a person they can't do something such as getting married or adopting a child just for what they like or dare I say even thier beliefs. You don't turn down someone because they're jewish or whatever. It shouldn't be any different than a homosexual, they should have just as much rights as everyone else.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #217
RF_Niche in Torture
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoc View Post
Being homosexual shouldn't matter about anything. From getting married to adopting a child to renting out an appartment. When I first tried to rent an appartment I was turned down several times because I wanted to rent it with another woman. The appartments were made for couples and they had a problem with that. If you don't like homosexuals, don't be one. You don't have any right to tell a person they can't do something such as getting married or adopting a child just for what they like or dare I say even thier beliefs. You don't turn down someone because they're jewish or whatever. It shouldn't be any different than a homosexual, they should have just as much rights as everyone else.
I think there's exception to this. I believe the child should have a decision, knowing all the ridicule he could face later in life. I want to debate about it to see what other people's opinions are, especially on adopting children uncomprehensive of th situation.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #218
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Give me any compelling reason why someone should be turned down wanting to adopt a child for the -sole- reason that they are gay. If you want to point out potential possible ridicule, then you have to use the same grounds to forbid members of a visible minority to adopt also...racism in america is enough of a problem that it's at least as valid an objection. of course, in reality neither is any objection at all.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #219
Lamoc
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Niche in Torture View Post
I think there's exception to this. I believe the child should have a decision, knowing all the ridicule he could face later in life. I want to debate about it to see what other people's opinions are, especially on adopting children uncomprehensive of th situation.
That I completely agree with. Of course the child should have a say-so in this. But say if the child does like them, most places won't let a homosexual couple adopt. But I completely agree that the child should have a decision.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #220
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Why should the child have a say-so based on the sexual orientation of the parents any more or less than they should -already- have a say-so because it is them being adopted?
Closed Thread