Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
Kamoa_Han_Senzui
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via MSN to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via Yahoo to Kamoa_Han_Senzui
Default Resident Evil: Outbreak

I want your opinion on this game before I go out and get it.

SN = SickCatBodySpray
Kamoa_Han_Senzui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:07 AM   #2
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Gamecube ones are better. Glad I got mine for only $10.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
Kamoa_Han_Senzui
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via MSN to Kamoa_Han_Senzui Send a message via Yahoo to Kamoa_Han_Senzui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak83
Gamecube ones are better. Glad I got mine for only $10.
Lucky.

SN = SickCatBodySpray
Kamoa_Han_Senzui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #4
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

All RE games suck.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2004, 02:52 AM   #5
neoarucard
FFR Player

The game can be played both on/offline. Regardless of which you choose you will be accompanied by several partners. While playing offline , you obviously cannot be playing with three others , so bots fill those roles and they get the job done. All the elements from past RE games are there , all except the long complex plot. Instead , for the sake of online play , The story is chopped up into many scenarios , none in which go in any order. The scenarios take you through many points in RE's plotline.

In past games , loading screens consisted of Doors opening , closing , etc. Now you're simply left with a blank screen , telling you the name of the room you are entering. Get content with that black screen , You're gonna see it alot. Since , the PS2 cannot precache the levels and know the backgrounds are fully 3D , you are stuck with huge load times , from room to room. Which really makes for a choppy game. Especially while playing online. Of course , sony magically made the HDD , which you can buy and bring down the loading to a mere hiccup.
There are 9 characters , all with their special abilities , making every experience refreshingly new. Of course , you can unlock 9 more characters , they are merely clones of their counterparts (ability wise). Sadly RE's Netcoding is not all that great. So even with a high speed connection you will experience lag , which will most likely lead you to your death (especially on harder difficulties , where one hit means death). Every scenario has a few cutscenes that try to tell a plot within the limited amount of space. This also jacks up the loading , so ultimately the HDD is a MUST for this game.

Conclusion : Though the game suffers from some flaws , lag shouldn't be a problem , since Sony swears to release a patch , aiding the netcode. The patch will fit on to a normal memory card. The HDD is highly recommended , unless you feel like making friends with a black screen. Offline mode , does not live up to past RE games. If you are a fan of RE games , you will prolly be disappointed , Only the diehard RE fans will find it a lasting game.
neoarucard is offline   Reply With Quote