Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default megamon's AMA

Since there's a subforum for this now, I guess I'll make one too. AMA
Old 09-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: megamon's AMA

What got you into MLP?

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

b-ball q's: (stalked your profile oop)

what's your strongest move to shake a single defender? do you feel confident driving with your off hand? would you rather play 5v5 or 2v2?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
megamon88
aka Assertive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwkjw View Post
What got you into MLP?
It was actually the thread on FFR by MrGiggles. I noticed some people had pony avatars and I kinda wondered what they were about, but never really looked into it. Then MrGiggles posted this thread and I was intrigued and confused at the same time. I watched the first episode like he said to, just to give it a try. I couldn't make it past the theme song without cringing. I kept going though, and got to the end of the episode. It was a 2-parter, so I was like "hey, that wasn't too bad, I wonder what happens in part 2", and I just kept on watching episodes. Before I knew it, I had watched all the episodes that were currently out (20 I think).

I started looking at community sites like EqD and the /r/mylittlepony subreddit in my spare time, and they were pretty cool. The thing that really kept my interest was the community - it seemed genuinely nicer than any other community. The community has changed a lot though since I started watching it, and I'm not really sure if I like the direction in which it's going. I still enjoy the show and some parts of the community, but I've started to avoid other parts entirely. The music community has gone to shit since every single person is like "OMG I WANT TO BE LIKE ALEX S" and is creating shitty dubstep in hopes to "become famous", so I'm avoid the big sites/groups and just talking to a select few people who I know actually have a passion for creating music.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough, but that's the gist of it. Ask me if you want to know anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
b-ball q's: (stalked your profile oop)

what's your strongest move to shake a single defender? do you feel confident driving with your off hand? would you rather play 5v5 or 2v2?
Hmmm, this is a tough one. My favourite move is probably the head fake, because it works 75% of the time for me. The in & out is a close second though.

I'm not very confident driving with my left hand, if I'm driving from the left I usually just end up either going under the net for a reverse layup with my right hand or just awkwardly doing a right-hand layup from the left side.

I'd much rather play 5v5 - I'm a lot better with larger teams than with small 1v1s and 2v2s because it's a lot easier to make team plays (give & go, picks etc.).

Thanks for the questions :P
Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Do you have perfect pitch?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
megamon88
aka Assertive

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
Do you have perfect pitch?
Nope, I wish I did though. I've done a lot of ear training from piano class though, so I can identify intervals, chords, scales etc.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Why so awesome?

Also does the name come from Megaman at all or it's completely unrelated?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
I'm not very confident driving with my left hand, if I'm driving from the left I usually just end up either going under the net for a reverse layup with my right hand or just awkwardly doing a right-hand layup from the left side.
saaaaaaame same same. also same for me with team plays in 5v5. just based on the in-depth-ness of your answer I get the feeling you'd school me hahah.

Nightmare Night is a super duper neato cool file. I don't think I've played anything else of yours b/c I'm dumb. how long have you been steppin'? what's your favorite file you've made?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #9
megamon88
aka Assertive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
Why so awesome?

Also does the name come from Megaman at all or it's completely unrelated?
Because I'm awesome.

My name actually came from around grade 4 or so when I was playing runescape for the first time. I liked pokemon and megaman at the time, so I thought why not name my person megamon? Sadly, it was taken, so I added 88 on there for good luck (lucky asian number yay!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
saaaaaaame same same. also same for me with team plays in 5v5. just based on the in-depth-ness of your answer I get the feeling you'd school me hahah.

Nightmare Night is a super duper neato cool file. I don't think I've played anything else of yours b/c I'm dumb. how long have you been steppin'? what's your favorite file you've made?
Nah, I'm not that good at basketball. I actually haven't played for a while so I'm probably horrible right now :P

I've been stepping since around 2007. I was really bad back then - all my files got rejected from the FFR queue. I've improved a lot since then, and now have over 20 files on FFR.

It's going to be hard to pick my favourite FFR file made by me. I think it would have to be Pokamen Party , with Find a Pet (Candy Mix) following at a close second (mostly because I just love the song, heh). My favourite file I've stepped for sm is Night of Pony, just because of how fun it is to play with the bg.