Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #41
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG
Default Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

Pools would be Groups of 4 ideally.

I don't really care about the replays. I assume people watch their matches and some might share them. It's not like anything I do is really spectacular.

I could help..it'd essentially be...' this week you have to play so and so in a Bo5.' and let them coordinate when to do it. We could take some of the replays and cast them, if people actually would watch that, or we could pick games of the week on say, I dunno, a saturday afternoon, and try to cast those, if people wanted to follow the games.

Anything really to get more exposure so other players will wander into and wanna play.

btw, if you list my b.net name from now on, then you need to make SiS.Thrillhouse. Lawl.

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #42
the1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

for the sake of (accuracy?) I got promoted to plat
the1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #43
fido123
FFR Player

Sign me up - MPalmer

Wish I could change my name, was rushing to play it the day it came out T_T
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #44
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Sign me up - MPalmer

Wish I could change my name, was rushing to play it the day it came out T_T
They now allow one name change as far as I know.

New rig for me still isn't finished. Maybe by next week I'll be able to play again. This POS simply can't play this game.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #45
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG

Yeah, you get one free name change. Open up your account on b.net and it should be there in the bottom left of the SC2 main page

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #46
Ickalanda
FFR Player

I am interested!

Ickalanda.222

"Name.Code"

Diamond League Terran as well btw!

My StarCraft II YouTube Channel!
Ickalanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #47
VarleyisDance
Sassy
FFR Veteran

Again totally forgot about this haha

Last game played July 31 2010.

Name: Rodimus {243}

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Ke$ha's birthday? wasted thread
1st Place D3 SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity! (June)
3rd Place (x1 Speed) D2 FFR Classics Short and Sweet Tourney
1st Place D1 Cold Kitten and Xx{Midnight}xX Present: The Tournament Of Immortality
2nd Place D1 xBBx's and T-Force's Short and Sweet Tourney
2nd Place D1 King's and Takedown's Tournament!

Last edited by VarleyisDance; 04-30-2011 at 02:59 PM..
VarleyisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2011, 12:09 AM   #48
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

So whats going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2011, 01:09 PM   #49
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r

Middie got lazy.

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
ic0slay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

No I am not lazy. Ive been busy teachin my friend the basics.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #51
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Game runs wicked on my new rig; been playin' random, which is kinda bad since I'm toss, but random is pretty fun.

Except I'm not too good with terran. Though, terran all ins are really f'ing op and I have been winning with stim timing all ins pretty easily since gateways units eat shit against MM+stim unless you land nice forcefields. 2Proxy raxing is also really fun against Z and easy wins since I can't really win any other way unless I get to the end game and have mass marine/tank/thor. I try to do the marine thing and get raped by banes because I lack ellen page's micro D:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #52
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Game is broken, Marine/SCVs rushes wrecks everything in ladder because even if people at this level know how to counter it, they assume you won't do it anyway and.. still lose to it.

Proof:

Of course, some people blocks it but there's not enough of them to be really worried about anything. It will probably takes me a couple of months to have a macro game as effective in winning chances as cheesing and this fact alone is very, very sad..

Still doing 1v1 obs custom games and think it would be something pretty cool to try with everyone here together to give feedback and somehow improve macro games with any race without worrying too much about lol cheesing/moving in ladder. Actually, I really suggest to try this before doing any tournament here to give everyone an idea of how good is everyone and not just looking at leagues because they're about as relevant as Mash FCs ranks on FFR.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-10-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #53
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Master league cheese?

Post replay of this build? I'm curious.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #54
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I find the achievement whoring more impressive. Me and khaotix got every achievement in the game other than league achievements within the first month the game came out. I quit playing and khaotix went on to get all the league achievements like the whore he is. =P
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #55
Hakulyte
the Haku

Huh, looks like they just got patch 1.3.3 exactly now so, it may be a little less efficient vs Protoss as they can make a sentry in 37 second instead of 43 to block their ramp but still.. (Why they have to patch now, my replays needs the game to reload and log me out now nuuu..)

Anyway, screw replays I'm going to do a long post with random information and if you get the idea correctly well, good for you. I'm using something called SCBuildOrderGUI_v9.0 (Just Google it) to calculate fastest possible way to create X specific army. Once I'm done finding that build, I adapt the build to current gameplay, (like I make 13 SCVs instead of 12 because I scout with one of them and therefore it's not in mineral line).

In map votes, I'm blocking Scrap Station, Tal'darim Altar LE and Typhon Peaks because of the traveling distance between bases. (The longer it takes to reach enemy base the easier it is for them to defend)

As for the build order..

From the calculator:

How I adapt it:

10 Supply Depot (Send SCV to scout and find enemy base)
12 Barracks
12 Supply Depot (should be about the timing to finish wall-in so they can't scout your base.(making a 2nd rax to wall is faster to make marines but if the enemy worker see a wall in with 2 rax, it's definitely already looking way too suspicious.)
13 Barracks (Stop making SCVs at this point)
14 Marine (Start first marine and then 3rd Barracks, use that marine to intercept potential Overlord if vs Zerg)
14 Barracks (You want to hide those 2 other rax away from your wall and far away from Command Center as well because of enemy Scan if Terran and away as well, of potential overlord routes to go check your base. If there's a super early scout because they sent one when the game started directly, you still want to finish wall-in but you make those 2 rax outside of your base so the scout can't see them)
15 Marine (At this point, you want to go and take control of Xel'Naga Towers so they can't see the rush coming in advance)
16 Marine (Rally point your 3 rax on one marine at Xel'Naga so they're half-way to enemy base)
17 Marine
18 Marine
19 Marine
20 Marine
21 Marine
22 Marine (At this point you should have 3 rax making marines closing in to the 27/27 food supply and that's where you want to send all your SCVs (who moves faster than marines) to catch up and regroup at entrance that you scouted)
(At this point, I usually gather just enough mineral to start an Orbital Command and send SCVs right after so, in case the fight is nearly a tie, you can still come back with mules and win, it's also useful to scan the enemy's entrance before getting in and also having temporary vision of high ground. The best timing to make orbital is actually a bit earlier, at the first moment where you have 150 mineral and all your rax have at least 1-2 marine producing)
23-27 Marine (you don't need to wait for them, they'll just catch up and back up in case you need help once you pass the ramp because if you attack now it's about 4:30 and if you wait for them it's 5:00+ which is very late/unsafe)

Once you're in-base there's many things that can happen but I'm not going to bother explaining unless someone cares lol.

but usually..

If Terran don't have a bunker with SCVs ready to repair it, they're dead.
If Protoss don't have (3-4+) canons or a sentry waiting with forcefield, they're dead.
If Zerg don't have a Spine Crawler at the ramp choke point with army waiting here, they're dead.

Stalkers/hellions with good micro can be annoying too but it's not going to happen before high diamond/master.

This build works at

Around 90-95% vs anyone in Bronze-Platinum
Around 80-90% vs anyone in Diamond
Around 66-79% vs anyone in high Diamond/Master if well-executed.
Around 50-66% at best vs Mid-High Master, but at this point, you may want to actually play for real and copy builds from one of those crazy koreans or something.

Numbers are based over my gameplays.

Note that with mules even if your rush fails, you can still come back and do a 2nd worker/marine rush in case the fight was a tie, making drones/probes back will take too much time to be ready for a 2nd rush in a row.

If the fight was a tie vs workers but they still have army, you can fly away and wall to another place using the 3 rax and still win. (like go to somewhere with rocks, their army will follow but instead of landing at mineral patch behind the rocks go to another location and then land/wall etc.)

If you play against another marine/scv rush, just wait a bit more in your base, make a 3rd supply/maybe 4th rax and you should still win because you have more army, they have to travel to your base and ramp is easier to defend than attack.

Still, don't waste your time either and your opponent's flying a building in a corner if you lose, it's more efficient to just quit and play more games. There's still a minimal amount of courtesy to have in-game even if you understand that honor means nothing when you play to win.

This build is based over the fact that in ladder games you're playing random players and not the same people all the time and that if they don't scout you properly, their timing to counter you should be slower/or inappropriate to block it unless that's what they were planning to do in the first place.

Oh yeah, expect people to be raging as well and since being annoying can eventually lead to potential bans, just be cool with it and show some modesty and say stuff such as: "yes, yes, yes, you're right, I agree, I love you <3". kkthxbai

For testing the Build Order, just go make a custom game alone vs something like easy computer and try to have 22-23 supply of 13 scvs 9-10 marines and orbital command starting at 4:30ish.

I ate a sandwich today too, it was delicious.

If you're still not happy, contact me in-game and i'll marine/scv rush you until you're satisfied. |:

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-10-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #56
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I'm pretty proficient with toss and zerg, I was curious mostly because I'm crap with terran right now and if I roll random I was looking for something simple that could be effective.

Looks pretty promising.

I've seen people do something similar with roaches. It can be pretty brutal.

I notice a lot of toss die instantly to a stim timing push as well if you cut scvs a bit later than you do, and 4 rax all in. You hit somewhere just under 8 minutes with a retarded number of units, and stim up the ramp, in which case they die. Protoss can only really block it with a wall and or a forcefield split, but weaker players are particularly bad at this.

Also yeah, that achievement count is insane. I got up into the 2000s but then just found it brutal. Is there an easy way to get all the campaign achievements? I won't lie, I kind of want them all but am too lazy to play through everything LOL

Last edited by Reach; 05-10-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
Hakulyte
the Haku

You don't need to finish the missions to be rewarded with most of the achievements, you just do what they say and you can already quit and load something else. Outside of telling exactly what we did to get each achievements, there's not much that can be done that wasn't patched back in the day. Some upgrades are also useful to make the whole thing easier like getting hercules(transport) to do the medivac mission achievements etc. but yeah.. everything is fairly straightforward and ironically I believe that campaign achievements were much more entertaining than grinding achievements like I'm doing right now. Considering you can save/load as much as you want in a game, I don't think you would have any real problems..

I was doing 4 rax all in before switching to 3 rax all in because while 4 rax had a bigger army, the 3 rax was the best proportion of army vs time to rush and win imo. (4 rax may work better in team games)

Fast roaches are pretty good, I used to 2v2 with Izzy and we were like both going for that build and it got us diamond in no time but we started getting more heavy turtling players and started having trouble past the mid-diamond bar. Actually, a lot of build works well to get diamond, especially if the timing is right but after that, unless you know what you're doing or you're cheesing like in my rush, it's getting a little more complicated.

Timed stim pushes will at least get you in diamond but I'd be surprised if you promoted Master League with it without needing to reach a 2nd or 3rd push to win with something a little more elaborate.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-10-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #58
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There wasn't even master league back then so diamond was the top.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #59
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Anyone here that's decent (Gold or better) interested in starting a team? 2v2? Or 3v3+ if you have others.

PM me.

(For reference, I play toss and am Diamond 1v1...trying for diamond/masters in all team matches if possible).

Last edited by Reach; 05-15-2011 at 06:29 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #60
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Hakulyte = Khaotix = 4980 achieve?!

Holy fuc.. how do you even get that...

Anyways, add me to the tourney (1v1 Silver, 3v3 Diamond)

Char code: 682, Name: Resistance
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote