Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #21
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie
Default Re: lets get to know the FFR community~

- First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?
I'm James. Turned 16 this year, and I live in Sydney, Australia.

- What does a typical day for you consist of?
Wake for school, play FFR, come home, procrastinate on work, Skype, and occasionally go out with friends.foreveralone

- Video games aside, do you have any hobbies? play any instruments?
I used to be a huge gamer, but I dunno, playing for hours on end doesn't appeal to me any more. I played the clarinet for a couple of years, but that was for school. I got pretty good, imo. I like messing around doing graphics and tinkering with computers. \selftaught.

- How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?
I joined in FFR in 2006, but I started playing properly last year. I played SM for the first time in February, so I'm fairly new to rhythm gaming. I used to play like mad a few months ago, but I'm on an unplanned break after I hit a billion.

- Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)
I use the Velocity engine, but I'd use R^3 if I could.
I use skwl, not wskl. Weird.
I play from 1.8 to 1.95, depending on the day and my alertness.
Upscroll erryday.

- Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?
I crack my knuckles and start on an easier song, then I move up in difficulty.

- What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?

Hitting one billion, lmao. Not much of an achievement of many of you guys, but I'm proud of it. I'm also pleased that I can read some VCs.

- Do you have any personal FFR/SM goals you have set for yourself?
Attain Veteran status on here. Seriously.
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #22
Jake Ferguson
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake Ferguson

- First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?
Name's Jake obviously...I'm 17 (turning 18 July 2nd) and live in Southern California. Slightly OCD and bipolar. Planning on transferring to a univerity after 2 years in community college to major in math and teach in highschool.

I usually wake up around 10 or 11am. And then any order: fill out a couple job applications, play french horn or trumpet for at least a half hour so I don't lose my chops, FFR, and food because I love to eat). Once marching band starts up again in August I'll be doing that in the evenings and all day saturdays. Normally lazy and go to bed 1 or 2 in the morning.

Other than FFR, I love to read, play chess, do puzzle books (sudoku, kakuro, and those logic problems where they give you clues and you fill in the little grid with x's and dots). Also do a fair bit of origami. I'm not very good at folding animals and stuff, I mainly make geometric models. For music I compose a little for small chamber ensembles and I play a lot of instruments. Started playing clarinet in 4th grade and kept going until I switched to french horn/mellophone my sophmore year. My senior year I also played a little baritone and oboe, and vibraphone/trumpet in the jazz band. Can basically pick up any wind instrument and learn it in a week.

- How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?
Found FFR early november so I've been playing now for almost 8 months. I play maybe 45 hours a week, depends on new song releases and tournaments.

- Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)
Use the velocityengine and I switch keys once in a while because my keyboard is derpy but right now I use ERUI spread, 1.6-1.65x speed, and upscroll. I bump up the speedmod by .05 every couple of weeks.

- Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?
Not really, just generally playing lower level files and working my way up.

- What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?
Kinda happy to have the Heavy token now since I haven't been able to repeat it yet. Also recently AAAd a VC (old -system), and got the omgwtftok3n even though I'm terrible at anti-skill.

I don't really like setting goals because I tend to stress out about when I'll reach them. If anything I'm hoping to get Oni soon, but I'll improve whenever I improve and get it eventually. It'd also be cool to get a file ingame.

Jake Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

wow didnt expect this many reply's this soon.. thanks to everyone for taking the time! suppose i should participate aswell~

names mark, i live in a quiet little city in illinois called elwood. im 27 years old, and feel like im 40.

work work work workkkkk. i work 6 days a week at a restaurant about 5 mins walking distance from my house. although im a lazy american, and drive to work. i wake up at 9:30am wednesday-monday (i have tuesdays off) and sit down and check my facebook, ffr, email, and various other websites i visit daily. once i get the crust out of my eyes, i shower, and head off to work. when i get off at 9pm i usually hop back on the computer to browse the websites listed above, play ffr, and drink some beers. on my days off i usually spend time with my girlfriend.

im extremely interested in everything technology, although mainly computers. ive taught myself everything i know about computers, and have become quite the expert so to say with the ins and outs of everything computer related. tldr im a nerd.

ive been playing for about 7 years. i dont have a decent amount of time to play as much as i would like, but i do play for about 2-4 hours total a week.

i use velocity engine, 2x speed, qwop, upscroll, and i switch between orbular, and original noteskin

i myself dont really have any warm up routines.. sometimes after playing a long song, or exhausting song, tend to shake my hands to loosen them up afterwards.

not too long ago i got my very first VC (according to the old difficulty system) AAA on ABCDeath that was totally random.

a fmo AAA.... sometime..
Old 06-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #24
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
wow didnt expect this many reply's this soon.. thanks to everyone for taking the time! suppose i should participate aswell~
You asked people to talk about themselves. What did you expect? :P
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #25
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Hai, I'm Jesse. Turning 22 soon and I'm currently living in El Paso, Texas.

Work (7am-12pm), League of Legends, FFR/SM, charting, movies, sleep, repeat.

Nah.

Close to 8.5 years. I usually place once a day for about 20 minutes or so. I tend to get bored of the game very easily.

FFR: Legacy engine, 1.775x, ASKL up-scroll.

I practice on an offline engine full of converted SM dumps before heading onto the actual game.

Being ex-king of D5.

Get more files into the game and into packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #26
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Cause I'm bored as le ****~

Well I'm cedo(pedo)lad. Or simply Brett. I'm currently 18, and I live in Madison Heights, MI. It actually isn't bad here.

Well right now I don't go to school and I only have a part-time job at a local Dairy Queen; so majority of my free time I spend drinking and playing video games.

I don't know what I would call a hobby outside of video games. I guess trying to be social would count. For instruments I play a shit ton. I'm pretty musically inclined: guitar; violin; trumpet; french horn (the ****ing shit); piano, and drums (not that hard to keep a beat, ya know). I'm also very knowledgeable in music theory!

To be honest, I don't really know. I know I've been playing FFR for close to 5 years, but I'm not sure when I picked up SM. But I do know I've been playing SM more than FFR because for about a year and a half I didn't have internet so all I played was SM. Cause of that and j5 I got pretty good in the short time away from FFR.

Um. For the longest time I use to just play 1x and upscroll on FFR, one-handed. Then I met MrMagic (thank god) and he showed me spread, and taught me speed mods. Though I don't play FFR often I would probably use the Velocity Engine, simply because it has the orbular noteskin (Don't know if the other engines have it or not), I play S D J K. Index and middles (I use to play middles and rings, but I changed), 2x, downscroll and dark. Which everyone finds weird for some reason.

As for SM, I play C850, downscroll, orbular, dark, and distant.

When I was whoring to get Oni way back when, I would just jump into it. Majority of the time my best run was my first run. Then I would just get frustrated and quit playing for the rest of the day; and it was only about 1pm. This unfortunately lead me to me "quitting" FFR.

I got a booflag on Battle Theme #37, which I think pissed me the most off. And 5g's on Erad was pretty sick when I was still noob-ish.

For FFR - no

For SM - continue to have fun playing the small amount of files I have, and make some bitching ass files before I stop all the rhythm game shit.
cedolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #27
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?
I'm Emmanuel, some French Canadian guy studying in computer science from Granby/Canada/Quebec. I'm 23, turning 24 in two months. I'm on my way to graduate and hopefully get somewhere.

What does a typical day for you consist of?
Playing video games, seeing friends, work, school, checking FFR etc. It's a fairly simple life.

Video games aside, do you have any hobbies? play any instruments?
I play chess at a decent level, won some school tournament. I played soccer for 4 years, swimming, etc. I don't play instruments but there's 3 pianos in my home and my dad has been playing for a long time by ear. I always liked music, but I feel like I would be too lazy to invest time into an instrument without a reason like playing with friends. It may be something I reconsider in the future.

How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?
I played stepmania about 2 years before making this account on FFR so, it's been technically almost 9 years. I play between 5 and 75 hours a week depending on free time/semesters/work etc.

Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)
I'm playing using a standalone @ Flash Player 9 on Windows 7. I'm currently playing any spread setup with 2 keys apart @ ERUI, FGKL, ZXBN. I only play upscroll, I can't read downscroll at all and would probably fail out songs I can AAA with it. I'm using 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x and 1.75x. I also use 2.0x, 2.25x and 2.5x to warm up.

As for Stepmania, it's either C750~C800 Distant, Dark or C600~C650 Overhead or C325~C375 Sudden. I'm not sure if it's a computer or keyboard or player issue, but I seriously have nothing interesting to show on stepmania because MA has always been impossible.

Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?

Yes, using slower speedmods like 1.5x and lower (even with screencut) is a bad idea if you don't warm up with faster speedmods first. So, at first I try to move up the speedmod as much as possible so I can only barely read. Once I adjusted to it, I go back to 1.5x screencut. I hide the standalone behind windows' desktop bar up to about 50% of the screen (this should be right around where the PA counter starts) and play. I only focus where pattern starts and at framers to stay on the early perfect frame and I read what I see and apply whatever I learned so far. Since the arrows scroll slower, there's less stress issues and it's easier to avoid getting tense on dense patterns. It's like the best of both worlds for me, but if you got really good reflexes there's no real reasons to bother.

What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?

Overall Rank 1 at some point. (I could mention that I still unofficially have it but no one cares..)
Single Digit Average rank at one point.
Holy Orders 2-0-0-0 and Skeletor 1-0-1-0 are probably my most interesting runs.

Do you have any personal FFR/SM goals you have set for yourself?
I'm planning to quit take a break at either 1000 public AAAs or 1 FGO AAA and do something like stepping files or starting a tournament.

As for stepmania, I could probably try to get better at solo.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-27-2012 at 12:46 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #28
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

C-los but people call me DUB-C RC cali cali USA

work 7am-3:30pm come home loaf eat go online and browse step a little and sleep

drawing and practicing my RAP BATTLE TECHNIQUES

6 years and i dont play very often maybe 20-30 minutes every other day
1.75 upscroll on ffr legacy
c670 upscroll with orbular on 3.9 running xiaos black r2+ theme

finger stretches and forearm workout session before and after playing long sessions. if im only going to be playing casually then no nothing

getting multiple files in game and in packs. also being told that you're the reason the person started stepping is pretty ****ing sweet too

be able to hit 300+ bpm 16th streams with eze
Old 06-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #29
colt.45
WASHED UP
FFR Veteran

Hello! My name is Safara, but what I go by is Saffy. I am currently 20 years old and I live in Gilbert, Arizona which is one of the fastest growing cities in the Country. I just moved here from Missouri a few months ago.

My days are quite boring unless I am able to go out with my friends. When I do get the opportunities to spend time with my friends we either play Super Smash Bros. Brawl or go to the mall/theater/arcade. I actually have a health issue that prevents me from going out and having fun so that is a depressing factor each day. Usually on a day to day basis you will find me cleaning, cooking, exercising (My exercise routine just consists of 50-100 sit ups a day and Dance Central 2).. Sometimes if I feel well enough and with energy I will try to ride my bike or Jog. I also spend a lot of time on eBay, that is where my income comes from at the moment. Monday through Thursdays I watch my 8 month old Nephew all day.

I have a few hobbies besides video games such as exercising, sewing, crafts, and cooking. They aren't very interesting to most people but I have fun with it. I play the piano and the clarinet as well.
EDIT: Oh and I also collect Pokemon plush and anime figures as a hobby ^^.

I was first introduced to FFR by my sister's boyfriend. I used to play DDR everyday for hours, and one day I decided to look up the game "FFR" that I was told about. I joined the community in 2006, so basically I have been playing FFR for about 6 years on and off. I finally downloaded Stepmania in March of 2008 ... so about 4 years for Stepmania. I honestly prefer FFR Over Stepmania just because of the rankings, forums and the website, but Stepmania has the better files by far.
Well for the past 2 weeks I play for about 1-2 hours a day at the minimum. I go through these phases where I want to play a lot and then some weeks I don't want to at all. So about 14-20 hours a week I would say.

I don't really have a set speed mod. For Stepmania I use C525 and have been using that same speed for years. For FFR it's either 1.65 - 1.75 in speed. I use upscroll and I use Velocity's Engine. I find it the least buggy and laggy. It's the engine I am most comfortable and confident with. My keys are as follows: Z, X, Up Arrow, Right Arrow... I know it's a tad bit weird but I find it very comfortable.

Well it depends.. I always either play my favorite files like CORETOON or Pokamen Party... or I play a hard song like Death Piano , That really wakes up my hands in just one song.

When it comes to FFR:
Definitely has to be my AAA on Nova Pulser back in 2008 before Average Miss was fixed. I was able to beat out Shash's score and claim 1st rank and the first ever AAA on that. I am still very proud of it. Now if only I could re-AAA it..! I am proud of my determination I had to AAA that... I literally played it over 900 times in a few days. Hard work does pay off.

Other than that I am pretty proud of my rankings in Top Average, Top AAA's and Top Overall Rank.

For Stepmania:
My 10 perfects on Marisa, I remember it being very close to the World Record. ^^

For long term this is where I want to stand at one day:

Rank 69 Top Grand Total
Top 20 Average total
Top 20 AAA's
Best Female Player
EDIT: I know this is out of there but I would love to be part of the Staff/Mods one day.

Last edited by colt.45; 06-27-2012 at 09:52 AM..
colt.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #30
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Yes, Officer.
Eric. 18. Currently residing in FL.

League, Skype, Porn and Tears, on occasion drugs.

If you count FL Studio as an instrument, sure. I enjoy graphics design and to a lesser extent web. I also collect cards / cans / music etc.

6+ years, and the time I play per week varies.

3.95a, Metal, C800, qwop, upscroll.

Playing stream files (200-300BPM) with few jumps in them. **** exciting hyper highspeed jumpstream.

Got some pretty nice MA. 5th in D5 last time if that's any good. (it's not)

Become a true MAster

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 06-27-2012 at 01:38 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #31
eastsideman09
poker face

First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?
-

-I'm 21, and I currently live in Pensacola, Florida, attending college at the University of West Florida. I'm a psychology major, and I'm loving it.

-Weekdays, I set my alarm two hours before class, get out of bed 40 minutes before class, shower, got to class, come home and chill for the rest of the day... I usually find a video game to play. My apartment never has food, so I go out to eat with the bros a lot, or mooch off of my girlfriend.
Weekend are pretty much the same thing minus waking up for school lol.

-lol not a whole lot. I play poker and beer pong, and I'm pretty good at both. Sometimes we have boardgame nights, in which case, don't fux with my Scrabble.

How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?
-I've been playing for about 6 years now. I've not been nearly as frequent a player since FFR crashed, didn't even play much of SM during the down time. Since the community's been back up, I've been much more into SM, but not competitively. I'm wayyy more into step charting than anything.

Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)
-lolol I haven't even clicked on "Play Game" in forever, but iirc, I played on 1.75 rate for FFR. On SM, it depends on the BPM for what rate I use. Back when I had SM3.9, I would use C675

Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?
-I just wipe my palms dry lol

What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?
-I don't have like any noteworthy scores, but my crown jewel of achievements was probably unlocking Here We Go haha. Pretty much was my peak of playtime for FFR. I also won a Photo Scav hunt back in the day, if that counts lol

-Not for scoring. I'm much more concerned with bettering myself as a step charter. I may send a file to FFR in the future, but it's just too restrictive =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #32
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

should i be posting in the d6 thread :/

Steven, 16, currently living in Taipei Taiwan
Been travelling a bunch throughout my life, though. TCKs ftw

Over summer, waking up, browsing FB/Twitter/Tumblr/Youtube/xkcd/FFR and playing through the morning, multitasking between FFR and FB in the afternoon, and chatting on FB at night.
I live in a hs dorm during the school year, though, so I obviously have less time on my hands and don't play very much if at all then.

Was a percussionist, but I don't play any instruments anymore. Other hobbies are simply hanging out, watching movies, playing chess, and running.

Been playing for 3.69 years, according to my profile heh. Didn't do much anonymous playing before. During summer I play around seven hours a week, and during the school year now I play maybe one or two.

Play EF-JI diagonal spread, velocity engine (not standalone, though I would if I could), 2 or 2.05x, upscroll. Combo masked, PA count visible. Don't play stepmania anymore.

Not really, cause I haven't played speed songs in quite a while. If I needed to, though, I would just go the df engine and play 45-47's or the like.

-_____-
I honestly have no idea

Keep up with Jerry DB, and clean up my levelranks eventually.

Last edited by MikeShinoda12345; 06-27-2012 at 02:43 AM..
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #33
The5thMoon
self-fulfilled prophecy
FFR Veteran

Hey there! My name is Jalal, I am 22 years of age and currently reside in Eagan, Minnesota. Where there really isn't all that much going on.

Well usually just browse around the internet for a couple hours after I wake up, then head to work (I am a chef), come home start up some FFR or League of Legends or SM whatever I'm feeling. Or I end up hanging out with my friends or roommates the rest of the night.

Drawing, and photoshop I fiddle around with a lot as a hobby i guess. Otherwise I'm pretty lazy. I play a mean sax

- How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?Hmm been playing for about 7.5 years, started with SM a little and then moved to ffr. Played one handed for awhile, then switched to spread. How often I play depends on if I feel like playing or not, I have little spurts of wanting to play and when I have those I usually play for hours on, otherwise I just play only about 30 or so minutes if that.

For FFR I use 2x Upscroll, Combo hidden. I use the legacy engine because I feel most comfortable on that. Sometimes I play around on velocity engine but I feel the notes are spread a little weird.
Stepmania I go from c710-750, I use notefoon noteskin(number 1!!), version 3.95 and I have my own theme remake over one of the old Xoon Themes.

I usually crack my fingers, rub my hands a bit to get them warm, and flail them around like crazy just to get them loose XD

Lets see here.
Well when I first AAA'd CIA Rave back in the day I was extremely pumped about that I remember I was super happy.
Then when I started AAA FMO's I got that same feeling.
When I AAA'd my first FGO(Frictional Nevada)

For SM I think my best score would be 20p AAA on Cynthia back in the day, and the first time I AA'd st scarhand was fun too.

Basically get better all around. Get back to a single digit Avg. Rank like I used to have, and just in general get better that's all there is too it!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #34
musical_vampire
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to musical_vampire Send a message via Skype™ to musical_vampire

~First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?

~Hello, FFR! My name is Katie and I'm 19, turning 20 on Valentine's Day. I used to live in South Carolina, back in the states but now I live in Australia!

~What does a typical day for you consist of?

~ A typical day for me would be to first probably wake up in the morning to get Marissa ready for school. Then, Jae and I would go out for some food and do shopping, then later on pick up Marissa from school and chill out at home. On the weekend, all three of us would go to the park or have fun at home, playing games! ^^

~ Video games aside, do you have any hobbies? play any instruments?

~My hobbies include photography (here's the link to my photography page: http://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByKatieGinders ), I can play the cello, clarinet, bass clarinet, and saxophone. I also write stories and collect hats! :3

~How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?

~ I've been playing FFR for around 4yrs or so now. Overall, I don't play as much as I used to (since I was gone for 2 years) but I try to play at least twice a week.

~Could you let everyone know what settings you use for FFR/stepmania? (engine, keys, speed mod, up/downscroll ect.)

~ 1.95 speed, orbs or velocity, my keys are AD/JL, and upscroll. ;D

~Do you have any warmup routines, or have any silly/odd way of warming up before you play?

~ I usually make sure my hands are warm enough to play...I've learned that when my fingers/palms are cold, it's much more difficult to play, and I just crack my fingers pretty much! :P

~What are some of your notable FFR/SM achievements you have accomplished that you are most proud of?

~ To be honest, anything I work hard for ages that I finally AAA, I'm proud of xD

~Do you have any personal FFR/SM goals you have set for yourself?

~ My main goals are to step my own file(s) in the near future and obviously play more FFR, to get better and better as soon as I can!

musical_vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #35
Izzy
Snek

Just call me Izzy. I live in Kansas.

Computer, Tv and school

Programming

10 years, I don't play anymore.

C680, 2x, velocity engine, upscroll, index

no

Used to be top tier index player.

Nope, quit the game.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #36
ice_lazer3
ICE ICE BABY
FFR Veteran

Hihihi! I'm Tony, 18, live in Montreal (for school) but am currently in Taiwan for summer break.

Well, if it's a typical school day, it's a mix of college classes, chilling with friends, eating, the smallest amount of schoolwork I have to do in order to still pass classes, and a ton of internet-browsing (FFR, reddit, facebook, youtube, etc.). During summer, it's pretty much the same except take out the classes and work, and put in family (only get to see them during summers so have to spend some time with them) and work, because part-time job ooo.

I play the piano; I used to play classical stuff and take formal lessons but switched over to improvisation and composing a few years back. However, I don't actually have a piano at home so it makes playing quite hard...I actually havent touched a piano for a few months I can play basic chords on the guitar and ukulele too.

Other hobbies: sports (especially racquet sports and basketball), most board games/logic puzzles, getting to know people, writing (fiction mostly, poetry is too abstract for me), reading, and learning whatever I can.

I've been playing for almost 4 years now, but have only played consistently for the past few months. Nowadays, I usually play a little bit every day or every other day. Not really into SM but I do play it sometimes, especially when I don't have internet hehe.

FFR: Velocity engine, 1.9x, upscroll, arrow keys (one-hand, three fingers)
SM: ultralight on SM 5, ~C720 overhead, mines off hehe (hate those things)

Nope, but I usually start an FFR session by playing a few easier songs, and then work my way to the harder stuff. If I start with a hard song right away I don't do very well.

I'm always happy when I get an AAA or an FC (unless the FC should have been an AAA), although I was especially trippin when I AAAed SSSG. Feltsogood.

Not particularly, I just want to keep on improving at my own pace. Although I do kind of want to get Heavy and Quickdraw. :P (And oh yeah a tier point. Not by mashing.)

Last edited by ice_lazer3; 06-27-2012 at 04:15 AM..
ice_lazer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #37
i will pwn u
idontmash.ipressextrakeys
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to i will pwn u Send a message via Skype™ to i will pwn u

- First off could you introduce yourself? let everyone know your first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in.
Names Ricky (aka pwn), hello to anyone that doesn't already know me. From MA and RI and was living in auburn, ny but I'm on a greyhound as I'm typing this going to Flint, MI, I'm rather old as compared to most in the ffr community at age 29.

Well I live with my beautiful girlfriend(slipknot_6969) so we spend a lot of time together but I would normally get up play a little bit of videogames(ffr/diablo 3n and now smite) then usually go to work, come home spend time with kira the watch episodes of our favorite shows(community, lots of food network stuff cuz we both love food) then wait till she falls asleep and jump back on one of the games dedpending on my mood.

I like techish stuff wether its from finding a new program that helps my comp run better to makin dvds from torrents(shhh don't tell no one) to building/adding stuff to my comp. Played piano as a youngin but haven't touched it in years, also like pool and outdoorsy stuff like rock climbing.

- How long have you been playing FFR/stepmania, and how often do you play in a week?Hmm well I made my first account wayyyyyy back when probably around 8 years ago before mp and all that lol but I was 1 handed n sucked lol but I played beatmania probably 10ish years ago and fell in love with rythum games. Got more serious about the game probably 4 ish years ago, switched to spread and actually started trying. Before 6 months ago I was playing probably 60+ hours a week but now its more like 5- 10 if I'm lucky..

For FFR I use 2x upscroll and exactly the same as mike ef ji diagonal spread o.O which is odd cuz I haven't met many people that play that way(high5*). On sm I play between c650 and 700 with the default sm5 noteskin. On ffr I enjoy and am best on r2 then velos and I suck n legacy(can't wait for r3)

Not really but my wrist has been cracking a lot more often(onset of cts probably lol)

Not much in this department.. lol ide have to say not really mashing anymore is something I'm most proud of because abyone that use to play me in mp would know I mashed... a lot lol.. but I jus got heavy lawl after gettin like 4 vc aaa's haha..

Meh not really, maybe drop my av rank a bit because it should be much lower and just have fun

Last edited by i will pwn u; 06-27-2012 at 04:17 AM..
i will pwn u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #38
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

//b&wagon

Jae, about to hit the big two-seven. Currently residing just east of Melbourne, Australia~

Getting my daughter ready for school, chilling out with my wonderful wife. I get up to a variety of things from playing my guitar, stepping bad charts, planning future events/projects for FFR, beasting online/irl poker and drinking~

Guitar, drums, bass, singing and some random Renoise producing. As an acoustic singer/songwriter having a broad understanding of a variety of instruments is important to me. (click here to have a listen to my crappy one-take demo tracks ;D)
I have been playing poker for almost 2 decades, and it is one of my foremost passions in life. Skateboarding is also a big hobby, even though of late I haven't had a good chance to get into it, was 2cm off the Australian ollie record back in 2003 and won a few skate comps in nth QLD in 2003-4~

DDR since 1999, Stepmania since 2002/3, FFR since 2003/4. I play everyday, though a lot of the time it is playtesting charts that I am stepping or just testing other steppers charts~

FFR: 12 /* 1.95-2.05x depending on the chart/difficulty, upscroll, velo engine4lyf + stepmania noteskin
SM: 12 /* c650-750, FFR noteskin, upscroll, J5 + noHolds cos I suck at them buhhhhhh
(amusing that I use sm skin for FFR and vice-versa)

FFR: I haven't worked out how to warm up effectively, but a good session of multiplayer usually kicks my ass into gear ;D
SM: I play exclusively on J5 to try and force myself to play better, but it doesn't work haha. Aside from that, I like playing charts with a bit of nostalgia value. Some faves being 'Brace Yourself' and 'Dokudenpa'~

FFR: 0-0-2-0 on Largiloquent Dithyramb, 11-1-2-1 on Black Key Etude, 18-0-1-1 on Dead and Direct, AAA'ing Szamar Madar/Jelly Roll Blues/[heavy]/Nitrix/{Big Boss} on LDs engine while FFR was down. (Unfortunately since FFR came back I haven't been able to get back up to my old skill in a LOT of ways...)
SM: I vaguely remember almost FC'ing BLN in an smo match with some of the DF guys back in 2010, jacks and me are p tight even though my stream/jumpstream sucks a fat one ;D FC'ing 'Run the Place Red' is another little one that I am kind of proud of~

FFR: Get double digit files in-game before xmas. Snag a fluke run on Largiloquent Dithyramb and get [oni], finish an array of upcoming projects that will be heading your way after the 7th Official Tournament is finished.
SM: Release 2 packs that I am currently stepping files for on the side of my FFR stepping~

-----

As far as FFR goes, I have a tonne of stuff coming up after the 7th Official Tournament, so ~stay tuned~
Making a positive impact on FFR and refining my stepping skills is somewhat a priority over bettering my playing ability.
Glad people are taking this thread seriously, it is interesting to see/hear what other people get up to in regards to their on/off-site activities~

Keep 'em coming guys <3
nois-or-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #39
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lol high five
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #40
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

- first name, age, and the city/state/country that you live in?

Jade, 22, South Wales, UK

Being a very pregnant stay at home Mum to my Daughter while my partner (her Dad) is slave to the work place. So basically Mothering stuff.

I play Piano, although I don't really have the time any more to get really stuck in. And I love Video games, it's my main and only hobby ^__^

Since the start of 2004, I don't play any more because I don't have a PC any more and my laptop can't really handle it.

No point answering the other questions as I'm just part of the forum now and not the game ;_;

Last edited by welsh_girl; 06-27-2012 at 04:39 AM..
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote