Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
buttonkiller
FFR Player

Default The "Food Pyramaid"

Did you know that its going to be changed, if so what do you have to say about it.
buttonkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
DracIV
FFR Player

Default RE: The "Food Pyramaid"

Now I hear from you that it will be changed, but it doesn't matter. In truth there are only required nutrients, and that pyramid tells you what common foods are best to eat to fulfill your needs. What you say is true and to help you a bit here is a link talking about this.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol-info...093544448.html
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #3
trillobyite
FFR Player

From what I heard, they have to completely change it due to the fact that the old one claims that people should eat more carbohydrates than they really should, and more meat than said on the old one.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #4
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

So that explains it. I am not fat beacuse I have poor workout habbits, its because the damn "food pyramid."

But seriously, whoever changes the f*cking food pyramid is a stupid cunt. Even worse is the person who believes the change is nessecary. I am so tried of all these over weight people bitching about the amount of lard pumping through their veins. GET OFF YOUR F*CKING ASS TUB-O. Is that too hard of a concept to comprehend? If you want to lose weight, eat better, and move. F*ck Atkins. Its bullsh*t. Basically, you starve your body for a long period of time. Guess what? If you do it too long, your health will deminish. Your stomach with begin to ache, and your urine will be a deep orange color. Congradulations, you are poisoning your body with protein, all because you are too goddamn lazy to get off your ass.

I know this will probably end up biting me in the ass in the future when I become a fat ass too...but until then I shake my fist in anger.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
MonkeyFoo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
I am so tired of all these overweight people bitching about the amount of lard pumping through their veins. . . .F*ck Atkins. Its bullsh*t.
I especially like the imagery with the lard. Good points, indeed. However, the Atkins diet doesn't poison your body with protiens... you'd have to take in 6000 calories of it every day to do that (very rough estimate, no source or anything). The Atkins diet does work through starving, but how else are you going to lose weight while staring at the TV?

This brings us to the ultimate weight loss technique: Become a DDR fanatic for a month or two, lose half a ton of flab, and then wonder how the hell all that fat went away. I mean, if Zajac just spent an hour on a dance pad every couple of days, he could get toned abs like me.

I personally practice martial arts, in addition to doing a couple of conditioning practices with the ski team every week. I don't watch what I eat at all, and yet I'm tall, slim, and have readily visible abs.

It is because of this that I say, screw the food pyramid, whether it's new or old. Maybe it's an issue for lard-monkeys who never exercise, but not me.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I've ignored the food pyramid for forever now. It's been a topic of discussion and is more or less obvious that the old food pyramid was corrupt. For those who didn't know, the old one was designed, promoted and published by a dairy and meat producing firm and advertised obscene figures such as 300% more dairy than you need to have in a day, much more meat than is really necessary, and seriously undermined the importance of vegetables. The food pyramid wasn't scientific at all, it was just a really successful promotion that people fell for all too well. Capitalism for you. Greater demand at the expence of the health of the continent.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 AM   #7
DracIV
FFR Player

The original "Food Pyramid" was really the "Most Powerful Food Companies Pyramid." No fat people are pushing this; pure scientists are pushing the new one. It recommends what we all KNOW is good for us, as opposed to the obvious shit the old food pyramid gives. It's not something for lazy asses to blame, it's something to advise all those unsure of what is healthy.
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
trillobyite
FFR Player

To all who opose changing it... they are not changing it because fat people are complaining, they are changing it because it is now becoming scientifically evident that carbohydrates should not have as prominant a role as they currently do.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 PM   #9
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

Finally someone says how stupid Atkins is!!!!

Thank you.

The only thing that I see that I dont completely believe, is where red meats are. They put fish and egg there to try to make it so that red meats aren't used. Well sorry, but meat is a good part of nutrition. Sure, you should only have a little, but they make it sound like Meat is as bad a sugar!

It looks like they tried to make it a semi-vegetarian diet. See how they put fish and eggs at 0-2 servings? That '0' was there to appease the vegetarians.
Cenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:10 PM   #10
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

My CS teacher was on Atkins. You know what he told me?

He lost 30 pounds after a long LONG time and put it all back on the second he ate a few things not on the list.

It's a crock. Don't be an Atkins person. Instead, eat whatever the heck you want and exercise it out. That's always worked for me...considering the fact that it's a half-mile walk to and from my car at my university which I have to do SEVERAL times a day.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
trillobyite
FFR Player

Let us not also forget that an imbalanced diet of meat only contributes to high levels of bad cholestrohol, and then heart attacks or strokes.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
katsmyname
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to katsmyname Send a message via Yahoo to katsmyname

food is good to the tummy
katsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Kat, this is a Critical Thinking section. If you're going to post like that, take it to the Garbage Bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:00 PM   #14
zildjian133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zildjian133 Send a message via MSN to zildjian133 Send a message via Yahoo to zildjian133

Dude I should be a fatass but I'm not... I eat a lot..... WAIT no I don't, I actually eat whatever I want and do track and motocross(the most muscle inducing sport in the world.)
Old 01-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #15
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Actually it's not the most muscle inducing sport in the world, Ballet is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #16
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

eat food, burn the calories. It's very simple.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:31 AM   #17
prayerbassist15
FFR Player

Changing the food pyramid to me is like that guy who thought "hey i wonder what will happen if i eat three square meals at Mc Donalds for a month." duh you +Mickey d's=Fat so..... changing the old food pyramid at this point+ to the new one = "pointless"

excersise=happiness
fatness=not so happiness

-prayerbassist15

Jack Black: \"Cello\" .........\"it\'s a bass\"
prayerbassist15 is offline   Reply With Quote