Old 05-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #121
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 Released! Download inside

Time to review these.

=====PART 1=====

Aegis (rparty89 & bmah) - 7.5/10
The song is a bit monotonous to me. Both of you stepped it well with very flowy jumpstream that's for sure; but, that was just it, nothing memorable really. Decent starter for this pack though.

Apocynthion Drive (Kommisar) - 8/10
The build-up for the song was very balanced. I really despise how you pattern your streams and jumpstreams, especially the ending jumpstream which was extremely difficult to make out and hit properly. Index friendly patterns at high speeds are very awkward to hit for me, then again, sugar coating the file with easier stream patterns just for better scoring and playability would probably just let the intense energy of the song go to waste. Good boss simfile, the rolls you used were certainly intriguing as well.

asdfmovie6 song (AlexDest) - N/A
My file.

Autoprocess (Coolboyrulez) - 8.5/10
This is extremely brutal and very fun to play. I feel like some patterns could have been looked at more, like that anchor jack that happens on the left arrow near the middle.

Bambous (Wayward Vagabond) - 9/10
Loved the different approach you went with for this song, flowed extremely well. It was dragging on up until the tap dancing + drum solo in the middle, which was redeeming and gave the simfile another kick start. Wasn't disappointed after that. Great job Carlos.

Battle! Team Plasma (Patashu) - 8/10
This is one of those simfiles where I have to play repeatedly to get the full enjoyment. You always step so dense in your simfiles, and it still plays well. Although, some of those polyrhythms I'm still 'eh' about, it looks all randomly placed but that's probably just me.

Bit Howl (t-rogdor & Detrimentalist) - 7.5/10
I don't know about everyone else, but this got repetitive to me and the ending didn't feel like it was as intense as the song suggests in the first half. Flowed pretty well but I felt this needed more "juice" in the ending.

Blue Rose (stargroup) - 9.5/10
I still can't fathom how you can step so fluently to a song itself. In comparison to the FFR chart, this is almost perfect. I felt like you could have acknowledged the swing within the bass line that came in halfway. Although that would cause the minijack section to become underwhelmed. Speaking of, that minijack section felt pretty eh to me compared to everything else.

BSpower explosion (SonicX & GLoVE) - 9/10
Heavy and Oni are similar to each other so I'll just review the Oni chart. A high-energy song with very diverse patterns. The jacks gave it that satisfying 'oomph' that the song displays and every bit of the chart flowed very well. Great job you two.

Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor (Gundam-Dude) - 9/10
OH BOY THIS FILE AGAIN. Although, I would agree that this is your most memorable file. Heavy is basically your old chart which is probably fun to play on higher rates. Oni includes different patterns, jacks, and slightly more layering, which is done well and does the song justice.

Chaotic WHITE (moches) - 7.5/10
I don't know, the jack theory was certainly fun to hit, but it was mostly dragging on because it all feels the same. Nothing phenomenal but I certainly have to give you credit for stepping this very accurately.

Child Protective Services Theme Song v2 (t-rogdor) - 8/10
Only reviewing the Oni chart. The very beginning was hit or miss to me, the bursts felt too rolly for me to really get the feel. The ending probably could have had a little more layering too. Overall though, this was still fun to play through.

Last edited by AlexDest; 05-26-2013 at 09:30 PM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #122
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Earthquake: Minijacks? I honestly couldn't tell where you were going with those. But I really enjoyed the rest of the file 7/10

Eater Merry- I personally think some of this file should have been 180bpm. it seemed all cluttered for me to read what you were trying to make with the sounds, Some of the file was great but it just seems very cluttered. 6.5/10

Echo of Forever- Some patterns were a bit wonky for me to see, you have the sounds and everything stepped perfectly it's just a matter of placement. Still a very good file all around 7.5/10

Ehhen Doyadosu? Tengujiman- This file made my brain hurt the first time...but then I played it again and I realized where you were headed with this file. It was AWESOME! The jumpstream was a bit too hard for me but it I love it! 8/10

Empty Skydiving- Well this file certainly WASN'T EMPTY (sorry bad joke) OW....MY ARMS! To everyone that says this file sucks. I would disagree, It takes a lot of effort to make a song like this to be fun and not repetitive and boring. As painful as it was for me to play, kudos to you my man. I'll be playing this a lot, it gives newer players who want to improve on jumpstream a chance to develop their skills. The only issue I had was that part with thee 24'ths though, I didn't really understand that at all. 8.5/10

More to come when my arms aren't dead xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #123
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Ok why not

Wasn't gonna actually post this because chances are most people will disagree, but fuck the haters.

Chaotic White: Fun warm up, pretty well charted. Will probably play again.

Child Protective Services: Alright, much better than what I usually see I suppose.

Demon Animal Appearance: Unless you're Icyworld in disguise, your chart is extremely unoriginal and boring to me to play for this reason. I'll stick to the FFR one.

Do It This Way: I was too busy laughing to really notice much anything. Was enjoyable to play though.

Fallen World: Sorry, this chart is boring as watching ice melt, or metal rust. 2nd worst chart I have played thus far. (You'll see the worst later down.)

Fatal Tragedy: Old chart has been released recently, but something different, and I like it more than the other.

Five Regrets: Next time add the 2nd roll you jerk. =/ Fun charts though.

Go Go Maniac: Dragged a bit, but in typical Scin ways, I wasn't bored and enjoyed it. Probably a bit biased here.

In The Name Of God: Man up and step a whole Dream Theater song. You could easily come up with something good for it I think.

Laveran no Shokutaku: My god those patterns hurt. Still fun chart though.

Lost But Not Forgotten: Interesting take, but that ending sort of killed it for me. Not that bad though. Might play again.

Plasmatextor: I'll stick to Kommi's.

Red Nikita: I'll say it again, the slight off sync on this pisses me off. Would have been way better had you bothered to fix it or conceal it with color manias.

Reefer Man: Scin's chart stands still as the go to for me, but I played it before the pack so I'm extremely biased here.

Salieri Strikes Back: I can't pass Anaru's, but it's sure fun to hit.

Sports: Not sure if joke or serious, but is worth a few good replays for me either way.

Why Am I Here: I have no idea why, but yes. Another good chart from Fisson. Funnest chart I've played so far.

Tzuicha-cha: Rofl this song, and this chart is great.

Resurrected Replayer: I feel that this chart isn't the one that does it any justice.

The Creator: Even though it's my chart, I still will just say, it's not as perfect to what I'd wanted. It feels incomplete without the 24th sections I'd originally used. On top of that, I should be bitch slapped for that poly going into the solo. Overall though, I love most of this chart.

Transparent World: I loathe the edit chart more than any chart in this pack. Easily the worst chart here. I however, enjoy every other difficulty of this song, and do hope people enjoy it. Turned out pretty much how I wanted it. Edit: allow me to clarify, I really detest songs that are just entirely comprised of dumpy jumpstream. I find no value in playing charts like that when all the other charts I did captured the song in the ideal I wanted. Despite being my own chart, I hate the edit one the most. I don't think any chart will top how much this edit chart annoys me from this pack. And before anyone asks, my favorite difficulty from this is Oni, which is the one I recommend unless you're like Dynamo or Icyworld or just a jumpstream lover in general then edit is probably for you.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 05-26-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #124
xNiX
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to xNiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post

Fallen World: Sorry, this chart is boring as watching ice melt, or metal rust. 2nd worst chart I have played thus far. (You'll see the worst later down.)
No. Just no. That is a very good chart and is probably the best Dragonforce song I've played today in SM.
xNiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #125
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

MASSIVE REVIEW POST HERE

Some notes:
I only played heavys
I skipped all marathons/dumpfiles/and some resteps
I'm only judging based on how much fun I had. I can't step for shit so I don't judge on file accuracy.
These are all first impressions on my sightreads. Who knows how my opinions would change if I played the song some more

Aegis - 6/10 jumpstreammmmmmmmm. got bored, failed out.
asdfmovie6 song - well made, but some really annoying patterns. 7/10
autoprocess - ouch 7/10
battle! team plasma 8/10 annoyingly hard
bit howl 8/10. ending too hard qq
bspower explosion 9/10 yay fun. fk those jacks
captain murasa ass anchor 9/10. sightread AAA so fun. really close to the FFR chart which is a good thing
chaotic white 9/10. those stuttered jumps at the end ughhhhh
child protective services 8/10 meh
chronos 9/10. really fun patterns. good song
cirnorhtl 7/10. insanely hard. dunno how I AAd, ty based holds
clash 9/10 cant wait to spam rates on this
contact was gonna give a 9/10, but those rolls made it a 7/10. fuck you
crack in the hourglass 11/10. i came
demonish animal appearance 7/10 call me old fashioned but i like the ffr chart more
dishevel 8/10 kinda hard but fun bursts
do it this way 10/10 omfg so good
don't say anything 8/10 like zanthros more sry
earthquake 7/10 two meeny jax
eater merry 10/10 so fucking fun
echo of forever 10/10 so fucking fun v2
ehhen doyadosu? tengujiman 6/10 just annyoing
endlessstation 9/10 probably wont replay cause it was long but that was really fun
eos 9/10 awesome patterns for MA
fallen world dragonforce/10 good stream practice
far east nightbird 8/10 not feelin the patterns
fashion queen 8/10 got kinda bored.
fatal tragedy 10/10 the non solos made this not an 11
fffff 7/10. nothing noteworthy and a gay 1h trill
five regrets 8/10 kinda boring
go! go! maniac 8/10 repetitive with not very many interesting patterns for a scintill file
gravestoned 7/10 impossible to score on. annoying
guile of the rime king 8/10 not bad. nice mines
howling 8/10 some fun patterns, a few gay mines
i like trains 9/10 i like those 24th bursts
i'll forget you 8/10 too jacky
i'm on crack 8/10 pretty fun. freeze section a bit awkward though
in the name of god 10/10 every time i see dream theater i prepare to taste the rainbow
insect digestion melancholy 10/10 glorious. erotic patterns and colors. its actually insane how much this differs from the old ass chart of this song
jordan 9/10 patterns in the solo were just toooooo gay to give this one a 10 rofl
kona-yta-mina-tangs 8/10 YOU FUCKED UP THE MONOCHROMITY YOU BASTARD
laste testamente of twelfth mother 8/10 pretty boring
laveran no shokutaku 10/10. beautiful
lawn wake II 7/10 best lawn wake file ive ever played
light house 8/10 pretty good. nothing special.
lost not forgotten 9/10 fuck the ending. i am disappoint
mariostep 9/10 good song, hard chart
mirage garden 10/10 would've given 11 if I AAAd. almost did :[
mr lonely 9/10 great song. some awk patterns
my so called life 10/10 the fact that ji made a long venetian snares file without making gay patterns is a shining example of this pack's greatness
narcolepsy 9/10 wow those jumpgluts at the beginning are gay. only reason i dont give this a 10
new decade iidx 6/10. quit out. not for me.
new lights 7/10 well made, but i dont like a lot of the pattern choices
oblivion 8/10 nah....
orbital 9/10 fun jacks. i like the bpm tricks too
paradise lost 8/10 jumpstream
parousia 9/10 fun but that ending...
pop a parade 7/10 slow part was awkward, fast part was too layered. two extremes
poppin shower 9/10 great patterns
red nikita 8/10 too safe
reefer man 9/10 super fun swing but ugh those mines
requien for a team 9/10 great song.
resurrected replayer 8/10 meh
sane to more 11/10 perfection
seven 7/10 those trills were anti fun :[
sin 7/10 yuck
snow storm 9/10 i liked that speed up stream
speed dial 8/10 very cb rushable
spin the disc 8/10 the burst was aids ji
sports 9/10 that mid section was a blast to play
swing set 10/10 super fun to MA
toki 9/10 pretty boring until the end, which was awesome
transparent world 6/10 quit out. sry middie this file is gay :\
tzuichi-cha 7/10 inconsistent. didnt like it
uplift 7/10 that ending ruined a great file
why am i here 9/10 the other circus maximus song set my hopes too high for this one. i blame the song not the chart
wooly mammoth stomp 9/10 fun. jacks actually made sense surprisingly
zen 8/10 fun for most of it but that 32nd nonsense near the end was just a pain
i wanna give you devotion 9/10 good shit

tl;dr These files make my dick rock hard.
Crack in the Hourglass
Do it This Way
Eater Merry
Echo of Forever
Fatal Tragedy
In the Name of God
Insect Digestion Melancholy
Laveran no Shokutaku
Mirage Garden
My so Called Life
Sane to More
Swing Set

I want to play Nth Degree, St. Alphonzo, and Karma-fied as I imagine they'll all be 10/10 files for me, but I'm too burned out atm.

edit: in retrospect i shouldve definitely added .5s. Not all 8/10s are created equal.

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

Last edited by ReikonKeiri; 05-26-2013 at 10:23 PM..
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #126
lurkerasdf
FFR Player

look at all this shit i can't download
lurkerasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #127
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerasdf View Post
look at all this shit i can't download
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...9&postcount=41

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 05-26-2013 at 11:27 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #128
Leo137
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'll forget you, you'll never forget me: (8.5/10)

This surprised me, it was mega fun! The patterns are crisp and I like the jackiness (?) to it. Good difficulty for scoring too cuz quad-bait.
Glad you liked it Dynamo! you should go for the quad

Downloaded it, i will be playing it in the week, it was fun to collab with you guys, keep making simfiles

PD: Leone aint chilean pls stahp :CC
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #129
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
narcolepsy 9/10 wow those jumpgluts at the beginning are gay. only reason i dont give this a 10
I can see why you would think these are gay if you didn't know they were coming. I don't see any other way to step them while keeping the intensity of these sections. I tried to make them as friendly as I could, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNiX View Post
That is a very good chart and is probably the best Dragonforce song I've played today in SM.
+1. Just want to stress how amazing Fallen World is. Seriously, play it if you haven't.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 05-26-2013 at 11:51 PM..
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #130
dascookieman
FFR Player

something had happened to aegis so i just copied the bpms, stops and offset from their original submission and put it in. i didn't wanna poke around in files with lots of bpm tricks. if it's off it should be the only one in the pack that is. haha yeah i probably should've taken out empty skydiving

glad you guys like the pack =)
Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #131
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
i probably should've taken out empty skydiving
Harsh.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #132
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Far East Nightbird- Wow, this a great file! I love how well balanced it is, it's very easy to follow and tricky to FC. I couldn't ask for anything more out of this. 9.5/10

Fashion Queen- Holy fahk. A file by Torrent that ISN'T Venetian Snares LOL. K but in all seriousness this file is wicked for the song. Every section stands out on their own and no part seems to be dragging down the other. Sick file 9/10

Fatal Tragedy- I'll admit that I'm a little surprised. I don't think many can outdo IamMe's version of this. Some parts were ehh.. there was a part that should've been a trill in the keyboard solo but you made a roll. The end part was wicked sick though, overall this file is awesome to play and score on for me 7/10

fffff- This file is fucking FUN. AS. HELL. I love how well the jumps flow to the ignorantly LOUD piano portions, the trills were done beautifully, and I loved the ending as well. Awesome work! 10/10

Five Regrets- WHY DOES THIS SONG END I was having SO much fun playing it! This file is easily one of the best I've played in this pack so far...I can't think of anything else to say 10/10

Ge4ce vFUR v2- WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT D: This is ridiculously hard! Some parts were fun until the 48TH AND 32ND RAPE D: please do not do that to my poor fingers again 6/10

GO! GO! MANIAC- I thought this file was pretty fun because shuffle. But it felt like it was too repetitive in some areas, Other than that awesome job on a cool tune 7/10

Gravestoned- Meh. I personally think I overdid the bursts a LOT D: The patterns were good in some parts, retarded in others. I'm speaking for the Oni chart. Heavy is way better imo 6/10

Guile of the Rime King- AWWWWW THAT CD TITLE IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!! *ahem* Really nice song choice, I like how you used the half-tempo in the correct parts if the song, buuuut you should've made it double time for the last part of the song except for the last synthy section. 8.5/10

Haereticus- What the hell did I just play?! I'll give you an even 5 for getting a file in but...I just... dunno

Howling- an interesting song. The steps are very accurate in most parts, bravo 7.5/10

I like Trains- ROFL those graphics! I really REEALLLY liked those 24th bursts and the part where it goes "I like trains" 9/10

I'll Forget You, You'll Never Forget Me- I certainly won't forget this file! It's fun, creative and it's different than most songs that I've heard in this pack! great job guiez, 9.5/10

I'M ON CRACK- broke my stepmania Sorry dude, I can't review this one.

More to come
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #133
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I'M ON CRACK- broke my stepmania Sorry dude, I can't review this one.
Dang. Probably don't have the right codecs or something for the video.
You could try deleting the video and see if that'll work
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #134
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
Guile of the Rime King- AWWWWW THAT CD TITLE IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!!

Quote:
buuuut you should've made it double time for the last part of the song except for the last synthy section
Yeah, maybe. I remember there being certain parts that I wasn't entirely sure if 99 or 198 BPM

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #135
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
St. Alphonzo's Breakfast and Father O'Blivion: (9.5/10)

Holy SHITTT that was hyper mega hardcore fun, and the syncing was pretty much bang on, especially in the beginning. I can't really find anything wrong with the file... props. +0.25 for Zappa song <3
*girlish giggle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #136
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Here's my full pack review. Prepare for some Subjectivity!

Aegis: What a unique way to start the pack with a fun X-mod file. The patterns felt really good on the fingers, and the x-mods were great and not to the point where they became tedious. Difficulty was very consistent, although some of the parts felt slightly empty to me. Good dump file though. Definitely worth another play anytime! 7.5/10
Apocynthion Drive: Holy shit, this is really hard. Most of the patterns are super nice and clean (even the ridiculous 24th runs). I felt that some of the parts that have the longer holds, such as the one in the beginning were a little BS, but I suck at this game, so I can’t really complain. I’d play it again just to get a good score. Pretty damn fun though. 7/10
asdfmovie6 Song: Pretty cool file. The patterns felt really good to hit, the mines were placed really well, and it’s a pretty awesome and upbeat song. Only complaint is the upbeat holds near the end felt a little too long and kind of got in the way of the flow, but I’d definitely play this again! 7/10
Autoprocess: Not too bad of a file. Pretty dang difficult. I felt that the repeating doubles got really BS at points, but most of the patterns were really nice. Interesting ideas that were presented for a very out there song. I’d play it again to get a better score. 6.5/10
Bambous: This kicked some major ass. The swing was just perfect. The patterns felt really nice, and it was all around fun to play. It felt slightly repetitive though, but that’s okay with me. Definitely playing this again! 8.5/10
Battle! Team Plasma: Fun file. The burst patterns are really smooth and consistent, with some neat variation in the pattern. Pretty dang difficult at points though. I’m definitely playing this again though! 7/10
Bit Howl: It’s hard. Not very memorable for me. Idk, it’s something about Dev/Null files that just aren’t very memorable for me, I can’t explain it. Some parts I felt were a bit dumpy, but that’s just me. I might play it again just to try and score better. 6/10
Blue Rose: This was so damn great. I felt that it really represented the song super well. The patterns felt so good to play, the solos were all kick ass, and even though it was long, it kept my attention the entire six minutes. Only tiny complaint I have is that some of the patterns felt incredibly repetitive. Excellent file and song choice! 9/10
BSPower Explosion:
Heavy: Pretty cool for the most part. Some of the polyrhythms were a bit meh, and some parts felt a bit repetitive with the patterns, but its relatively fun overall. I would play it again! 6.5/10
Challenge: Interesting contrast to Heavy. Some parts were really cool while other parts was more like ??? It wasn’t too bad, but some of the 16th patterns were awkward. 6.5/10
Captain Murasa’s Ass Anchor: Lol this file was super fun. The 16th patterns were really nice, and the mine placement wasn’t annoying to no end. That one part near the end where the tempo doubled and it was the 4th and 8th question and answer part reminded me of Kommi’s IOSYS file in Xoon 3. I’d play this again. 8.75/10
Chaotic White: This was super clean and fun to play. As expected of a Moches file. Well done. 8/10
Child Protective Service’s Theme Song: Well that was a bit out there hahaha. Pretty interesting file. The patterns were nice and really fun. The song just really throws me off as a bit odd. I’d play it again. 7/10
Chronos: This was pretty dang awesome. The patterns are really funky and go really well with the really funky and awesome song. Definitely playing this again! 8.5/10
CirnoRHTL: I don’t know what to say about this hahahahahaha. It’s just so wut. It was fun though. 6.5/10
Clash: Nice, simple, and clean. Super fun file by Zagh. I enjoyed it very much. It’s very refreshing and awesome to see a file from you! 8/10
Contact: Pretty cool file. The layering was great and had a nice chill flow to it. Only complaint is that some of the 32nd and 48th bursts kinda sucked. Then again, I kinda suck at this game. I’d definitely play this a couple of more times. 7/10
Crack in the Hourglass: This was great. The solos were kick ass, the patterns kicked ass, this was a great file, and it has that very GLoVE patina to it. Only complaint is that some of the patterns were a bit out of nowhere difficult, but it’s overshadowed by the rest of the file. 8.5/10
Cyberstorm: That made me nauseous as I played it O.o I would only play this every once in awhile just because of the colors flashing so fast it made it very hard to enjoy it. I guess it’s just not my cup of tea :/ nauseous/10
Demonish Animal Appearance: Very clean file. Super fun. Not much else to say about it, other than a typical dondon file. Well done. 8/10
Die Winnipeg Die Die Die Fuckers Die: A hard file. Umm Nothing else to say really. Venetian Snares/10
Dishevel: Pretty cool ideas here. Patterns are nice for the most part. Just a typical Flashbulb file though. Pretty challenging and fast. 7/10
Do it This Way: This was fun. Really nice and upbeat song kept my attention, and super clean steps kept me from hitting the escape button. Great file, very replayable. 8.5/10
Don’t Say Anything: Very nice and simple patterns that were fun and memorable to play. I liked this one quite a bit. I’d play this again. 7.5/10
Earthquake: Great job. This was really cool and felt really good to play. The patterns had nice variation, the solos were good, and the creativity was neat. I’m definitely playing this again! 8.5/10
Eater Merry: This was pretty cool too. The patterns were really nice and were very consistent. I would just be careful of the layering at the guitar solo, it was a little iffy (typically I wouldn’t layer on super fast guitar solos, but that’s just me), but overall, relatively chill file. 7.5/10
Echo of Forever: This was a very relaxing file. The music was nice and calming, the steps were super clean, and just had a very polished look to it. Nice job. 8/10
Ehhen Doyadosu? Tengujiman: Ehhhhhhh its okay. I thought there were wayyy to many holds. I think it could’ve been toned down. It’s okay, nothing too special. 6.5/10
Empty Skydiving: It’s nothing too special. But a great warmup file that’s for sure. 7/10
endleSSSation- Nice patterns, and decently chill song. Nothing too special, but pretty clean. 7/10
EOS: really nice file. I liked the patterns used throughout. No major complaint really. Its pretty cool. 7.5/10
Fallen World: Now this is how you make a Dragonforce file. Great job. This is really really good. The patterns rocked, the solos were just stunning, and it’s such a good song. Definitely playing this again for a really long time! 9/10
Far East Nightbird: Great job Mochers. It’s very clean overall, there was only one part where I raged due to mines, but very nice overall. 8/10
Fashion Queen: This was really nice and chill. I felt like I was almost reliving my childhood in the 90s with this song. Nice job. 8/10
Fatal Tragedy: My file. I’m really proud on how this turned out. It’s pretty well balanced with fun factor and difficulty. NA/10
fffff: Lol more Xoon 3 memories. Nothing too special about this. Decently fun. 7/10
Five Regrets: This was great. A very nice tango like Osamu Kubota file. Super clean. Nothing notably wrong with it. 8.5/10
Ge4ce vFUR v2: What the Fuck Are You Doing.
GO! GO! MANIAC: Lol so many memories with LCP. Nothing too special, but a decent swing file. 7.5/10
Gravestoned: Damn this is hard. Interesting ideas that are presented and was decently fun to play. But damn some of those patterns were bleh. 7/10
Guile of the Rime King: Pretty neat file overall. Nice patterns, chill song, and pretty fun to play. Not much else to it. 7.5/10
HAERETICUS: I couldn’t really get into it. I heard some weird things, like either 24ths that sound like they should be 16ths, or 16ths that should be 12ths, idk it’s weird. Not my cup of tea. 6/10
Howling: This is great. The patterns felt super nice and clean, and the layering was just solid. Nice job! 8/10
I Like Trains: Me too. Oh this file is cool btw. Kthxbai. 8.5/10
I’ll Forget You, You’ll Never Forget Me:
Standard: Really nice and chill steps. Everything feels nice. Nothing too notable though. 7.5/10
Heavy: Not too bad either. Patterns were interesting and very chill. Nothing too notable though. 7.25/10
I’M ON CRACK: I don’t know why this was so enjoyable for me, but it was really fun. Maybe because the song was so damn funny and true. Definitely playing this again! 8.25/10
In the Name of God: My file NA/10
Innocent Walls: Like the jack theory ideas in here a lot. Good job. 8/10
Insect Digestion Melancholy: My file NA/10
Jack-the-Ripper: Really interesting file. I like the ideas that were presented in this. I might play this one a couple more times. 7.5/10
Jordan: My file NA/10
Kona-yta-mina-tangs be Altered Scale: Really interesting song choice and steps. I would say it isn’t as good as Blue Rose, but still a good file. 7.5/10
Laste Testament Of Twelfth Mother: A nice and clean file done by none other than Kil. Very nice job. 8.5/10
Laveran no Shokutaku: Not very memorable for me. Idk why, it’s just very boring to me :/ Sorry 6/10
Lawn Wake II: My file NA/10
Light House: Very well made file. Nothing too special though. 7/10
Lockene: For a short file, this is kinda sweet. Going to definitely work on this one! 7.5/10
Lost Not Forgotten: Really nice job overall. The solos were very clean and patterns were good for the most part. I felt that the ending was a bit much though. Good file overall 8/10
MarioStep: Needs more bass, and on a serious note, needs more variation of the 12th and polyrhythm patterns, and more bass. Dubstep/10 (7/10)
Mirage Garden: This was really good. Although I felt some parts were really really over layered, it was nonetheless a solid file. Definitely worth another play! 8.25/10
Mr. Lonely: Solid Ossa file. Really brought back some nostalgia! I enjoyed it quite a bit! 8/10
My So Called Life: Really nice job with this one. I liked the patterns a lot, it really captured the really chill rhythm that is pursuing, and really nice job on the faster drum break stuff. Nice job! 8.5/10
Narcolepsy: You hit my sweet spot. I LOOOOOVE Blotted Science, and this chart does a good job representing the technicality that they demonstrate through the music. Bravo! 9/10
New Decade: Roar filez. I like it, although it has a lot of Roar syndrome everywhere, it’s still a super fun file. 7.5/10
New Lights: Really cool file. That bit of climax there made it a very memorable file for me. Good job! 8.5/10
Nth Degree: This is just phenomenal. I enjoyed every second of this. So well crafted and super fun! I am at a loss of words. It’s just so damn good! 10/10
Oblivion: Nice and simple file. Clean patterns and a sweet song. I’ll play this again for sure! 7.75/10
Orbital: Really chill X-mod file. Works really well, I’ll need to work on improving my score though :P 8.25/10
Paradise Lost: Really nice file. The patterns felt really nice on the hands and it kept my attention throughout the file. Well done. 8/10
Parousa: Very nice file. I like this one over your other file that I talked about earlier. Everything felt much smoother and much cleaner to play. Good job! 8/10
Plasmatextor: This was a great file. The difficulty was very consistent, and the steps felt great. The only thing I really didn’t like was the 24th jacks outa nowhere, but that’s just coming from a sightreading perspective. 8.25/10
Polssia: Ehh, I really couldn’t get into it. Just not my cup of tea I suppose. 6/10
POP A PARADE: It’s okay I suppose. Nothing really stands out. Well made file, but that’s it really. 6.5/10
Poppin’ Shower: Despite this being a meh song to listen to imo, the charts actually really well done. Everything flows really well and doesn’t make you rage. The song just hurts to listen to. 7.25/10
Red Nikita: I liked this chart a lot. Really funky piano music to some really funky and cool steps. Well done! Keep it up! 8.75/10
Reefer Man:
Heavy: This was a blast to play. You hit my sweet spot when it comes to jazz. 9/10
Challenge: This is so good, you have no idea how much I love this chart. Just a perfect representation of jazz. 10/10
Requiem for a Dream: This is really kinda fun actually. It kept me on my toes to keep an eye out for what’s next and never let down. Nice! 8/10
Resurrected Replayer: This was a nice breath of fresh air. A nice and simple file that’s enjoyable and really catchy. Nice. 8/10
Rip Roar Power: Lol. Nothing to say about this. Lulz/10
Salieri Strikes Back: our file. I think we both did a good job representing the song in a different way from each other to make it more enjoyable. NA/10
Sane to More: Damn this was just fantastic. The solos were so damn great. Nothing negative to say about it. 10/10
Seven: Damn this was hard. The patterns were nice, but very very VERY challenging. Going to need to work on this one. 8.75/10
Sin: There’s not much left you can really do with this. I liked it though. 7.5/10
Snow Storm: This was pretty cool. The really fast piano section where it sped up was super cool and really represented a snow storm. Nice job! 8.5/10
Space is Key Theme Song: No. No/10
Speed Dial: This was a pretty cool song. Patterns were really nice, but nothing like omg super amazing. I might play it again maybe one or twice. 7.5/10
Spin the Disc: This was okay I suppose, nothing too notable about this to make it stand out, but it’s alright. 7/10
Sports!: Relatively easy and somewhat boring song until the drum solo, which was really freaking cool. Otherwise, nothing too special. 7.5/10
St. Alphonzo’s Pancake Breakfast and Father O’Blivion: Idk why I didn’t like this as much as Reefer Man, it’s weird. Good Chart and such, it just wasn’t as memorable as Reefer Man for me. 8/10
Swing Set: This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed this very much. Great swing song. 9/10
Synaptic Plasticity: Got me once again with the Blotted Science. I thought this was great, but not as great as your other Blotted Science file. This one felt a bit more awkward. Great job though! 8.5/10
The Bridgeport Run: I really liked this. You’re always able to take something really out there and somewhat abstract and really make it into something great. Bravo good sir. 9/10
The Creator: Nothing too notable about this. It’s very clean and well charted, but it doesn’t really jump out to me. 7/10
Time Out: Wow this was intense. There was a really interesting funk to it that I really got into, and the steps really showed the really intense and interesting funk. Nice job! 8.75/10
Toki: I really liked this. It’s very relaxing, simple, and really well made, not mention a lot of fun. Great job! 9/10
Transparent World: Nothing too special here. It feels really dumpy though. 6.5/10
Tranzport: Restep, but a good restep. The patterns feel pretty nice, and its overall a fairly enjoyable file. Might give it another go or two. 7.5/10
Tzuicha-cha: This is pretty dang neat. I like it quite a bit. It’s got a nice funk to it and it keeps your attention. 7.75/10
Ultraviolet Junglist: More Venetian Snares O.o It’s another typical Venetian Snares file, nothing too special, other than the fact that it’s really really long. Like holy crap, you should’ve cut the song. 7/10
Unconnected: Ehhhhhhh not my cup of tea. Sorry :P 6/10
Uplift: Not too bad at all. I like some of the pattern usage that you used, but the overall file isn’t that memorable. I’d play it again once or twice. 7.5/10
V^3 (Hello World): I really didn’t like this. I thought it was really creative, but I really couldn’t get into the file overall. Sorry 6/10
Waltz no. 17 in G Minor, “Waltz of the big dogs”: Wow this is hard. I love classical piano, so I’ll keep on working at this one. Nice. 7.75/10
We Are Hi-Speed [Nurrbody in this Bitch Get Chipsy Remix]: This I found to be really fun. The patterns were super nice and clean, but also providing a fair and super fun challenge to it. Good job! 8.25/10
Why am I Here?: Nice job! The solo’s were really nice and clean. I felt that maybe a couple of sections were a tiny bit empty, but that’s just a tiny observation that I noticed while playing. Good job! 8.5/10
Wooly Mammoth Stage: This was very interesting and unique. I really liked the jack theory used here, it was very smooth while playing and fit the song really well. Awesome! 8/10
Zen: Eh, nothing too memorable, although the beginning kicked major ass, then it kinda just fell face first. Not a bad file though. 7/10
(i wanna give you) Devotion: Really chill file and steps. I liked just winding down and playing this all relaxed. This was neat! 8/10
== KARMA FIED == : Not much to say about this, other than its just so damn good. Like no joke. This is so good. 10/10

Done. My favorite files from the pack are (in no particular order):
Sane to More
Nth Degree
== KARMA FIED ==
Reefer Man
Blue Rose

I’d give this pack a good 8.75/10

This is a really strong pack and the best pack I’ve played in years. It’s amazing how many people have gotten so good over the years, and it was great to see some old faces return to give it one more go. I’m honored to have been able to participate and contribute this pack, and I will continue to contribute to the community in any way possible!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #137
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

so far no file in this pack has received below a 7/10 rating on my scale

there hasn't been a pack this good since dcp

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #138
04im
FFR Player

:') one from the oldies
Old 05-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #139
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Thanks to SticklyDude I got it working!

I'M ON CRACK- what an odd song o.O" umm... I like the way everything was put together buuuut some parts were a little awkward for me to time and hit. nice effort though 7/10

In The Name Of God- I....Fucking...Love this! It's fun, it's colourful and you really stamped out the solos. Nice work on this one bro! 10/10

Innocent Walls- JACKS > But I loved everything else xD 7/10

Insect Digestion Melancholy- FINALLY! A GOOD VERSION OF THIS SONG! I applaud you for stepping this, I HATED moogy's xD. I love all the pretty colours and stuff too, very well stepped 10/10

Jack-the-Ripper- This song was cool, had really neat steps to go with it as well 7/10

Jordan- Holy fucking colourful solo batman! You did a good job stepping this accurately man! it's very well done except for the part near the end I think it was a little weird for me. 7/10

kona-ita-mina-tangs be Altered Scale- Umm...I love the file but I'm curious as to why you didn't make it Red yellow and blue notes? It's an awesome interesting file and I enjoyed the minijacks portion 8/10

Last Testament of Twelfth Mother- VERY repetitive, I didn't like the direction it went sometimes, some sections felt a little TOO overdone while some felt too simplistic and boring. Good effort though, 4/10

Laveran no Shokutaku- I liked it a lot. It's neat, it's unique for sure and everything flows nicely! 8/10

Lawn Wake II- Ow that hurt. A lot. It was very fun! but some parts felt a little recycled and re-used dude. I couldn't get a good variety on the steps either. But it was still cool to play a new lawnwake II 6.5/10

Light House- Mikey likey this one! It has a variety of sections and from what I could tell no patterns were ever used twice throughout the file! I loved the 12'th sections. 10/10

Lockene- Umm...that was relatively short xD THE END RAPED ME. but it's fun to play 8/10

Lost Not Forgotten- This is a fucking masterpiece. You nailed EVERYTHING! holy shit. Good job! 10/10

MarioStep- JACKS D: but this file was fun as fuck! Holy crap. I could whore this for days 9/10

Mirage Garden- FUN AS FUCK ERRMAHGERRD ! I love the ending drum part too 10/10

More to come later... my fingers hurt D:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #140
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
so far no file in this pack has received below a 7/10 rating on my scale

there hasn't been a pack this good since dcp
because we've all turned into good stepartists, you elitist prick!
#yolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote