BlueFaery1687
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GirLs Playin

wow, thats a lot to be judged on lol
Old 07-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #102
flashman41
OMG ceiling cat!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flashman41 Send a message via MSN to flashman41 Send a message via Yahoo to flashman41
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GirLs Playing DDR

Honestly, I think that's a pretty mean thing to say. The first time I played, I couldn't even PASS god damned one foot beginner song. Everyone was new to the game at some pint, including you. So therefor you are in no position to be making fun of them. Hell, noone is. The fact that she was hogging the machine might have made the situation 'annoying' but if you think the fact that she was failing a beginner song makes her annoying aswell, then you honestly need a reality check.

I used to fail one foot beginner songs, and now I AA 8 footers. Some of the comments I see in this thread are absolutely ridiculous..[/quote]

I like what you are doing, but seriously, don't fight it. People will be mean, they will say mean things, and thats just the way it is online and in the real world. But it's nice to see there's at least one person on this forum that isn't completely shallow and rude.

-Flashman 41, lurker scum
flashman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:39 AM   #103
Ayries
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: GirLs Playing DDR

I play DDR... I'm really really rubbish (no matter how easy) and ugly, yeah... But hey, I enjoy it. It's fun and it's exercise... and a money burner I should get a dance mat to practice with really...
Ayries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #104
XDDRCutieX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XDDRCutieX Send a message via MSN to XDDRCutieX

If any of you are going to the Michigan Meet-up, I will show you that I can play DDR. =D I find it very fun, but sometimes hard. -.- How good are you people?
~Rach~
Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #105
1ll-egal
FFR Player

Well where i live, all the girls that i see play mostly only do beginner/light. I have a friend that's a girl and she can do 7 footers though.

\"He\'ll break a promise as a matter of course, because he thinks it\'s fun to have no remorse\"
1ll-egal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #106
Anuj
FFR Player

I'm decent I guess... I played against a bunch of people at the Canadian DDR Conference and came into 8th... I can pass everything in the game and have some AAA's =\

Although my stamina is crap now since I can only play one time every 2 weeks >.<

Anuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #107
Serenity12864
FFR Player

Me, I'm okay, but I suck considering my circumstances: I have been playing two years and practice every day at home.

I love the game and so I'd play every time I could at the arcade and people would be laughing at me (this was about a year and three quarters ago). Then, a couple weeks ago, I walked in with a buck, A'd Heaven on Heavy, 2x, and reverse, and walked out. Got to see a couple of their faces, and it was classic!
Serenity12864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 AM   #108
MissCriss
FFR Player

It has always amazed me how guys always freak out when girls play video games or like computers. ^_^

Anyhow, I'm a girl who isn't overweight, I don't think I'm hot but I have enough self-esteem to know I'm not ugly, and while I certainly am not great on DDR, for playing the game for only a few months, I'm not that terrible (Eh...I can pass some 8 footers on the days I have enough energy). I've never been too much of a physical person, though, so I'm better on Stepmania than I am DDR. I haven't play FFR to really comment on that one.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #109
DoroFuyutsuki
FFR Player

Myself, I'm a guy... and I'm 17, so yeah, my hormones are out of control.

My view on the whole "girls playing DDR" subject is probably what alot of people out there think, but don't say... in fact, it applies to all players:
I am not the best, nor will I ever be; because of this, I am patient waiting for my turn, and encourage new players to do their best while showing them how to do some of the things that lesson mode doesn't teach, like crossovers or doubletap jumps. If someone is willing to listen to me, then I will teach them, and if they're not then I can hold my tongue and wait.
Generally, I don't get alot of the first type (the kinds that listen to experience) and find that the second type are usually, but not always, girls. Nothing agaisnt the female sex here, but the young women who come to my arcade (yes, I play on the ITG and DDR machines for free because I bought one for the owner) feel as though my advice will not help them and as a result struggle in my eyes.
Granted, they may be having fun doing so (they are usually laughing), but this only reinforces my point that I'm not the best, never will be, and don't know what every player is looking for, be it improvement, or just a good time.

However...

After seeing me play, most people shut up, look dumbfounded / awestruck / dazed, and listen to the scarce advice that I have to give.
Oddly enough, the ones that listen to me after I play are also women... and seldom are men.

That's my opinion, take it for what it is...
DoroFuyutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #110
sammy_deen
FFR Player

hi!! im sorta new to the site but i LOVE ddr, its like the greatest game!!
sammy_deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #111
Rediahs
FFR Player

sammy, this isn't the place to introduce yourself. Please stay on the topic.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #112
Anuj
FFR Player

she didn't introduce herself... she just said shes a girl and she plays ddr, which is sorta on topic =P

Old 07-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #113
ImyourDaddy
FFR Player

Wow.

I play DDR. Im not that special. v.v
ImyourDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #114
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung
Default Re: RE: Re: GirLs Playing DDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediahs
sammy, this isn't the place to introduce yourself. Please stay on the topic.
Hypocrisy.

"PLZ STAY ON TOPIC K. OH PS DATZ ALL I RLY GOT 2 SAY."
Old 08-5-2005, 01:40 PM   #115
Mariofreak49
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: GirLs Playing DDR

hypocrisy again...anyway, to be on topic *insert glare at above poster here*, three of my female friends all play DDR heavy better than I do (which is somewhat consistent As and Bs) and no one (including myself) judges them by appearance, though they are cute, we learn to appreciate novices at the game.
Old 08-5-2005, 05:18 PM   #116
XDDRCutieX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XDDRCutieX Send a message via MSN to XDDRCutieX

I just played DDR yesterday. =D I went to the arcade with a few friends of mine. I beat them all. =D Yeah but anyway, I wasn't doing my best. I usually almost AA a few songs, but I got a B or a C on some. Then once my friends left I got like A and stuff. Anywho. I love DDR. =D

~Rach~
Edit- Just noticed that I have 300 posts now! =D
Old 08-6-2005, 10:29 AM   #117
yushiamo
FFR Player

I'm not a heavy DDR player,due to the fact that the nearest arcade his 1 hour drive from where i life.Last time i played i was with my girlfriend at a theme park.And to say for myself i was really suprised to see her rape my ass clearing Heavy's 300mx with AAA's.I don't really like losing,but i had to agree,it was pretty fun to see her pwn me ^-^
yushiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2005, 03:56 PM   #118
Anuj
FFR Player

your gf AAA'd max 300?

girls have AAA'd max 300? o.O

Old 08-7-2005, 07:30 PM   #119
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Another impressive thing is that it was at a theme park o.O. Theme park pads ALWAYS suck.
Old 08-8-2005, 01:40 AM   #120
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GirLs Playing DDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariofreak49
hypocrisy again...anyway, to be on topic *insert glare at above poster here*, three of my female friends all play DDR heavy better than I do (which is somewhat consistent As and Bs) and no one (including myself) judges them by appearance, though they are cute, we learn to appreciate novices at the game.
I don't remember claiming that I was going to stay on topic. We don't need forum n00bs telling others what to do, they are in no position to do so. They aren't mods, and therefor should not act as if they are one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj
your gf AAA'd max 300?

girls have AAA'd max 300? o.O
Reach once told me on msn that his girlfriend (or now ex) could A Max300. I don't think he'd randomly bullshit like that. So yeah I guess it is somewhat possible. I don't believe the person who posted that though =\