Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did the cop handle the situation correctly?
Yes! That kid called him a dick! Kick his ass! 7 22.58%
No That cop is a douche nugget. 8 25.81%
The real winner, is the ****ty civilian guy with his witty comebacks! 16 51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-1-2009, 08:57 PM   #41
jakalope
FFR Player

Default Re: Who's Right?

ugh, stop using rights. you don't have rights, you have privileges. if the person doesn't want to adhere to the enforcement request, then that person should be subject to whatever force needed. stop whining about what is fair. most of you here are probably stoner teens that hate enforcement because they ruin your fun times/parties. i can't help but think how people were treated by enforcement hundreds if not thousands of years ago. it's interesting how people's "rights" change and adapt to the will of the times or the person/people writing a few words on some parchment.
jakalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:01 PM   #42
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakalope View Post
ugh, stop using rights. you don't have rights, you have privileges. if the person doesn't want to adhere to the enforcement request, then that person should be subject to whatever force needed. stop whining about what is fair. most of you here are probably stoner teens that hate enforcement because they ruin your fun times/parties. i can't help but think how people were treated by enforcement hundreds if not thousands of years ago. it's interesting how people's "rights" change and adapt to the will of the times or the person/people writing a few words on some parchment.
You are absolutely wrong. Rights are for YOUR PROTECTION. Police officers exist for YOUR PROTECTION. The police are bound by law to respect your rights and to never ever break them. If they break them then they are the ones guilty of a crime.

You give up your rights, you lose those protections granted to you.

If you want to be used and abused by the legal system go ahead, I'll just stand back and laugh.
Old 10-1-2009, 09:02 PM   #43
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakalope View Post

If that is how you feel. I have lived with law enforcement all my life. I live and breathe laws... law enforcement is the biggest joke of all time. 80% of it is corrupt. Out of the 300+ cops i have met... only a few were truly moral. The others were complete wastes of a badge.
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
albaneenesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:03 PM   #44
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

http://www.flexyourrights.org/freque...sked_questions

relevant
Old 10-1-2009, 09:07 PM   #45
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

The cop is right to arrest him because he was trying to be polite and the kid like a typical half witted idiot spoke back to him. Was the cop right for kicking him or threatening him? Certainly not. They're both wrong. But the cop should have a higher sense of though not to do say something like that. Disappointing that the cop pretty much stooped to a lower level than the teenager. But I don't blame him.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:27 PM   #46
DJAirWave
Why am I still here?
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
The cop is right to arrest him because he was trying to be polite and the kid like a typical half witted idiot spoke back to him. Was the cop right for kicking him or threatening him? Certainly not. They're both wrong. But the cop should have a higher sense of though not to do say something like that. Disappointing that the cop pretty much stooped to a lower level than the teenager. But I don't blame him.
Pretty much the point I tried to get across
DJAirWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:31 PM   #47
fido123
FFR Player

Albanee...you're a ****ing moron and if you posted that video to show everybody how much you hate cops, that's in bad taste. I thought you quit, what happened? Of course there are going to be asshole cops, cops are humans. Every cop I have ran into has been really nice, and I've been impressed. Maybe the two cops you live with are some of the few cops that are gigantic ******s and it kinda rubs off on you.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:37 PM   #48
jakalope
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
You are absolutely wrong. Rights are for YOUR PROTECTION. Police officers exist for YOUR PROTECTION. The police are bound by law to respect your rights and to never ever break them. If they break them then they are the ones guilty of a crime.

You give up your rights, you lose those protections granted to you.

If you want to be used and abused by the legal system go ahead, I'll just stand back and laugh.
fair enough. still privileges. your "rights" are man-made. any country that wants to invade and remove your rights can and have in years past. also thinking about black history and what rights african americans didn't have until someone came along and added rights. or ... added privileges. surely, you don't think that because you have life you have protection. you have privileges while everything in your country is happy and peaceful. you actually have nothing. if you always want to look at the surface of life, go ahead. as for the police and what they're bound to, they should be granted to enforce as needed. clearly, issues arise when the laws governing the police and the force needed to secure peace conflicts. that's a problem.
jakalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:43 PM   #49
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Just wanted to quote this again for emphasis, as it's a very good site. It's so important for people to know their rights, as people are constantly waiving them left and right out of ignorance. One of the biggest things is the right to refuse being searched.

To the dude earlier in this thread: Without rights, we're absolutely ****ed. The entire point of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is to help protect the citizen and to keep the government in check. Without rights, you're allowing the law to basically piss on you -- you're allowing authority to those who simply have the power to take it from you in whatever way they see fit.

It's not just about getting pissy at cops who "bust your pot parties," but rather checking to see that rights aren't being violated and that the law is being upheld with minimal residual disruption. If you're pissed off that you got busted for breaking the law, suck it up and accept responsibility for yourself. But there's every reason to be upset with an officer who is not doing his job correctly. Like Grandia said, cops are held to a stricter standard of conduct due to their position of power and authority, and it was clear that he was not handling the situation in the best way that was possible.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 09:49 PM   #50
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

jakalope: One of the strengths of the Constitution is that it can indeed be changed. You have to understand, our nation is still evolving. We've only had these kinds of rights for a couple hundred years -- things are still being revised, kinked out, added, removed, etc, but it's all done with the intent to protect the citizen and keep the government doing its job correctly.

Rights are man-made, but so are morals and our interpretation of human rights with respect to our ability to interpret utility. I'd recommend either picking up a book on morality/human rights/ethics or taking a class if you want to learn more about why we've formed the "moral code" that we have or why our society is structured the way it is.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2009, 10:00 PM   #51
-Skooter-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to -Skooter- Send a message via MSN to -Skooter- Send a message via Yahoo to -Skooter-

Honestly, we have privileges? Not rights? You're an idiot.
Grandiagod was right when he said that they're here for our protection.
I don't disagree that there are kids, and when I say kids I mean immature, arrogant little ****s, who don't think that law enforcement is a necessary thing, and while I agree that it is VERY necessary, I don't think that it's handled properly a majority of the time.
I think cops more so entertain themselves with their ideas that they are the law, rather than just representatives of the law.

Cops need to learn their boundaries, and while there are a lot of kids like the one in the video, who need to learn how to shut their ****ing mouths, him antagonizing the situation didn't help, and the cop was just as immature as the kid.

When you take on the position of a cop, you pretty much know what you're in for. You're stopping people who are doing ignorant things, they're obviously not going to be but so bright... They have to set a standard in any given situation. They have to understand that they are supposed to be above the norm, and handle extreme situations well.
Old 10-1-2009, 11:37 PM   #52
wickedawesomeful
Carls, Girls, & Drugs
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to wickedawesomeful

fuck the police
Old 10-2-2009, 01:35 AM   #53
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
Please change your poll options to something more mature please.

Thank you.
LMMMMFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"YOU KEEP DOING THIS STUFF AND SOMEBODY IS GOING TO KILL YOU!"

lolololololol

omfg... that was hilarious. what a cocksucker xD.

edit:
and the end... oh god... that video had me rollin'

"you got that camera rolling son? if i find myself on Youtu-"
*camera turns off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->

Last edited by -zeroSKILL-; 10-2-2009 at 01:39 AM..
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2009, 01:37 AM   #54
DJAirWave
Why am I still here?
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -zeroSKILL- View Post
LMMMMFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"YOU KEEP DOING THIS STUFF AND SOMEBODY IS GOING TO KILL YOU!"

lolololololol

omfg... that was hilarious. what a cocksucker xD.
Fashionably late? lol
DJAirWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2009, 02:07 AM   #55
-zeroSKILL-
Fuc Da Police
FFR Veteran

Location: It's grossly inappropriate and borderline bannable. --Guido
Send a message via AIM to -zeroSKILL-

alright... finished reading the thread now. these are the kinds of debates i like . as long as they remain civil. lets pray the trolls stay away.

i have 9 posts quoted, and intend to reply to them... i just don't know if it'll be worth the effort because i can already tell it's going to be a monster of a post and next to nobody will read it/care what i have to say.

oh well, only one way to find out. curse being late on this.

[this post reserved for monster post]

first edit:
for your viewing pleasure until my post is up, two stupid cops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IbaIIjhWTo

second edit:
this also made me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2zxM7jL7s

i have some of my reply done, but i just realized what time it is. i'm going to bed. school tomorrow and i'm going to be getting CPR certified. i should probably be awake for that since i'll be working in a hospital soon... g'night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
God is a ******. Go away Jesus freak and read the bible --->

Last edited by -zeroSKILL-; 10-2-2009 at 02:41 AM..
-zeroSKILL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2009, 03:34 AM   #56
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

because cops in actuality shoot at each other with M16A3's.
Old 10-2-2009, 05:20 AM   #57
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
because cops in actuality shoot at each other with M16A3's.
who the **** uses the a3? those are so outdated.
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
albaneenesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2009, 05:39 AM   #58
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i agree with kgz and grandia
Old 10-2-2009, 05:44 AM   #59
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Some cops think they are King **** of Turd Island and think they are better then anyone. Besides that when did skateboarding go against the law? I don't live in the states, but really, that just seems ridiculous. Don't they have skate parks for a reason?
Anyways, though some cops are douches, while others are just trying to do their job as peaceful as possible. It's obvious to me that this cop needs a damn chill pill cause he's a bag of douche. Thinking he's all high and mighty and ****.

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-2009, 06:22 AM   #60
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

of course it's not illegal to skate at a skate park, they weren't at one