Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #1841
Thai_
Banned

Default Re: osu! — Rhythm is just a click away!

also

slurp
Thai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #1842
Velayne
Banned

I'm pretty sure everyone but you would know my side of the argument. After all, it was an issue I've had for 2 months now.
Velayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #1843
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

mfw this used to be a thread where modest people posted their scores, now it's a place where people show off how much better they are than others instead

rip

Last edited by Staiain; 08-15-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #1844
Velayne
Banned

That. Now I dont bother posting scores cause it's like there's a shark here waiting to sup me as soon as I post a score. At the same time, my BSpower explosion was pretty much the bait to my test experiment as I conducted that over skype.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #1845
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velayne View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone but you would know my side of the argument. After all, it was an issue I've had for 2 months now.
If I remember correctly, this was your problem:
Quote:
Hi Byron, I humbly request that I'd be taken off of division 5 for the reason being that I am not competitive and would like to keep it as a subjective matter for everyone. Placing me in such a division limits me from having fun on osu! as it may impede on others trying to play osu! because I am spectating them; it has happened before which is why I refuse to post any scores here.

Again, I am only playing this game to get better at it and not compete scores with anyone on FFR here because we are a tight-knit community.
What I said on my post had nothing to even do with this. It does not even go against this either. You're being upset for no reason. I play this game for fun too but you make it seem like that I am always doing something that pisses you off and I what to know what that thing is. That is all I am saying.
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #1846
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Lets halt all this conflict

......please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1847
Velayne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
If I remember correctly, this was your problem:

What I said on my post had nothing to even do with this. It does not even go against this either. You're being upset for no reason. I play this game for fun too but you make it seem like that I am always doing something that pisses you off and I what to know what that thing is. That is all I am saying.
Yeah. My BSpower was a personal achievement. I'm only competitive in the sense that I wouldn't compete with friends over FFR/real life.

It's just flat out dumb when you rub it in someone's face especially if you sup their score, then PM them about it, OR by posting a screenshot of the leaderboard.

I mean there are tons of other songs with different difficulties to play with.
There are some issues I have with you Rebound, but I don't want to be rude about it either as I fear I may post it in a negative connotation that you may see it in.

If I were to really call someone out, I'd be direct, but you're my friend and I obviously can't destroy such a friendship over a game, especially a game we'd all enjoy.

Last edited by Velayne; 08-15-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #1848
Thai_
Banned

lets just make up and kiss.

then slurp each other.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #1849
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

+1 post count
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #1850
Thai_
Banned

Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #1851
Xayphon
sausage

This all sounds like the conflict I had with ScarletSky, where he kept rubbing scores into my face and posted some leaderboard pictures of him beating me

But then I wrote a wall of text and suddenly everything was solved

slurp
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #1852
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Yeah. My BSpower was a personal achievement. I'm only competitive in the sense that I wouldn't compete with friends over FFR/real life.
Okay, I understand this part.

Quote:
It's just flat out dumb when you rub it in someone's face especially if you sup their score, then PM them about it, OR by posting a screenshot of the leaderboard.
I do not understand this. Since when do I rub my scores in someone's face? Also, I only PM people of scores that I thought was awesome not because I was trying to brag about supping someone's score. I mean, I used to do this a lot to Gon back when I was trying to match his scores but then I stopped doing it. If people do not like it when I PM them a good score that I get then I will stop doing it. Period.

Quote:
I mean there are tons of other songs with different difficulties to play eith.
I know this and I do this.

Quote:
There are some issues I have with you Rebound, but I don't want to be rude about it either as I fear I may post it in a negative connotation that you may see it in.
I know you have issues with me but the only way for me to solve those issues is if you can tell me everything I do that bothers you. I can not read minds you know xd

Quote:
If I were to really call someone out, I'd be direct, but you're my friend and I obviously can't destroy such a friendship over a game, especially a game we'd all enjoy.
I do not care if people call me out if they have a issue. I understand that. I get it a lot so I know how to respond to it. If you have an issue with me, say it, and I will see what I can do to solve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayphon View Post
This all sounds like the conflict I had with ScarletSky, where he kept rubbing scores into my face and posted some leaderboard pictures of him beating me

But then I wrote a wall of text and suddenly everything was solved
You see, this was what i was trying to prevent. I even remember talking about this with you a while back.

Last edited by i love you; 08-15-2012 at 02:26 PM..
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1853
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

2 week old score or something, this is a horrible score but it's still a legit pass ehich is good for someone at my level. Good thing there's nothing in osu that actually tire me out since stamina transfers directly from stepmania 8D

Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #1854
Thai_
Banned

That's a really nice pass Staiain.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #1855
Gundam-Dude
`~`

very cool

I could probably pass chipscape with a similar score because I'm not fast with left handed trilling but I don't dare let it record \o/

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #1856
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ

Probably mentioned this before, my problem is actually stuff that's below 220, i can't seem to trill controlled below tha speed, i have no trouble going as high as 260 - 270 but goddamn i only seem to get 100's in streams no matter what i do :< the stream that are at 220 - 270 is funny enough where i have best accuarcy. Anyone have any advice how to learn how to control the trill speed so i get better at it, even if only a little ?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #1857
Gundam-Dude
`~`

What I did personally was work my way up slowly but gradually. I started with maps with a minimal amount of 16ths (e.g. triplet stacks sparsely) until I was comfortable enough to do them consistently and accurately. Then started trying maps with 16ths that were longer (e.g. 5+ notes long) until I eventually got comfortable with it. Then finally hit the real monster which were long ass streams.

Play A LOT of maps under ~180 BPM that have long, consistent streams. Practice makes perfect. Also, try to teach yourself how to pace trilling so you don't go too slow/fast and most importantly focus on your cursor. You could be trilling at just the right speed but if your cursor control isn't up to par, you're going to screw up everywhere, rofl. 95% of the time when I'm doing long ass streams, I focus on my cursor and not on my trilling speed—I've basically taught myself how to pace trilling so now it's second nature and I don't have to worry about going too fast/slow. IDK if this will help you but you could also try listening to the hit sounds when you're streaming—it'll help you pace better.

I was horrible with 16th streaming before I forced myself to play a ****ton of maps with 16th streams (gonz would know all about my 16th stream noob days xd). Now I'm pretty damn consistent with streaming at practically all BPMS, haha. All I can really say is practice on all sorts of different maps and try not to limit yourself to the same old ones. You also might have a motivational boost to improve your scores if you let -some- of your bad stream map scores record—this personally did give me a boost to improve my scores over time and to achieve milestones.

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 08-15-2012 at 04:23 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #1858
BeatofIke
Forum User

I'm the one who is always getting surpassed here (especially when most of you guys start switching to tablet. Also for the fact that some of your skills (i.e accuracy, staminia, trilling, reading, etc.) were transfered directly from Stepmania/FFR. FYI, I'm was NEVER good at Stepmania/FFR like most (if not all) of you guys are. As for FFR, I retired playing FFR since 2008. The only skill I got transferred from stepmania is finding the BPM and offset and cutting music (experience gained just by stepping simfiles and dumps). THAT'S IT! Any skill I improve in osu! is by scatch NOT from Stepmania transfer. Ever since Layne fully surpressed me after literally 6 ****ING WEEKS of playing osu! whereas I played the game for literally 9 MONTHS!, I stopped playing competively to improve my rank and just focus more on mapping and modding maps.
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #1859
Gundam-Dude
`~`

I'm gonna dump a thought.

I've been playing this game longer than all you (~2009) and have been here to witness Gonz, Rebound, and others all surpass me in skill in an abysmal amount of time. Do I feel inferior? Sometimes, but I shouldn't in the first place because I played this game on and off casually for about 2 years. I didn't actually start playing much more frequently until Summer 2011. The fact that I didn't invest time playing and striving to improve is my fault, so in actuality all those who have surpassed me in skill deserve their place—they worked hard towards it, much harder than I ever did/would. I have no reason to feel inferior and if anything, they have all given me the motivation to improve and keep up to some degree.

Mouse players should all rejoice because I am absolutely horrific with using that medium. I have always played osu! with a pen (I have gone through 3 tablets now). Mouse players, regardless of skill, baffle me to no end and will always impress me.

Random ass facts:
- I am the only player here that actually taps with their tablet pen. I only use keyboard for streams and easier maps. This is how I play and how I will always play.
- I broke my very first tablet pen because of osu! rage back in 2009. If you ever get the idea to throw your pen against the wall, don't do it.
- My second tablet still works but the pen is a little bit wonky because of osu! I played streamy maps pen only a few too many times and now the registration sometimes drops. Keep in mind, this thing has put up with practically 3 years worth of beating.
- Gonz surpassed me in skill using a mouse within a couple months of playing.
- Rebound also surpassed me in skill using a mouse within a few months.
- Layne had the most ridiculous skill boost I ever witnessed in my time playing this game.
- Zyphoror surpassed me in pp and reads AR10 better than I do. He'll probably soon surpass me in skill with ease.

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 08-15-2012 at 04:50 PM..
Old 08-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #1860
Xayphon
sausage

Meanwhile Taiko is still #1

I love all of you though <3

Last edited by Xayphon; 08-15-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote