Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 06-2-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Default Deadlyx39 AMA

With me having to stop playing FFR for an indefinite amount of time in the next couple of weeks, I figured I should make an AMA if anybody had any questions about me or whatever before I stopped playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Deadlyx39 AMA

Who are you and why should I care?

Why do you choose buckethead as your avatar? Are you a guitarist? A fan of his music? Are you mysterious?

Why are you stopping playing? Is it by choice or through uncontrollable circumstances? Why in the next couple of weeks?

Why would we have questions about you? Are you, by very definition, an interesting person with whom we may want to know answers?

Why is your signature so goddamn obnoxious with the whole fast food thing?

Why are you only sixteen?

Why do you live in Macomb?

Do you aim to have more posts than 449 by creating this thread? Or do you simply need the attention?

Why did you only join in 2014? Why not earlier? Why join at all?

Why?
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Who are you and why should I care?
A D3 player with very limited talent. As to why you should care, I'm not really sure.

Quote:
Why do you choose buckethead as your avatar? Are you a guitarist? A fan of his music? Are you mysterious?
I chose to have Buckethead in my avatar because I love his style of music and his guitar playing. That, and because I don't think there's many other people that have released dozens of albums every year.

Quote:
Why are you stopping playing? Is it by choice or through uncontrollable circumstances? Why in the next couple of weeks?
It's because of the school that I go to currently. The high school that I go to is an extremely challenging school, but I no longer wish to go to this school, and would rather go back to the normal high school I would have originally gone to. The school provides us laptops, and I have no other computer that I would have access to play FFR or SM anymore until I find a way to get a new computer.

Quote:
Why would we have questions about you? Are you, by very definition, an interesting person with whom we may want to know answers?
It was made because I've wanted to know if anybody had any questions about me that they just never asked before I stopped playing.

Quote:
Why is your signature so goddamn obnoxious with the whole fast food thing?
For TSR's tourney back in February I partnered up with mrpreggers and this happened, and it just stuck

Quote:
Why are you only sixteen?
The anti-aging elixir did wonders on me.

Quote:
Why do you live in Macomb?
Not really sure why, just always have since I was born.

Quote:
Do you aim to have more posts than 449 by creating this thread? Or do you simply need the attention?
I think my post count is fine. An average of >1 a day seems fine. Just seemed like a fun thing to do.

Quote:
Why did you only join in 2014? Why not earlier? Why join at all?
Originally I actually started playing on FFR in 2008 on an account I made with my sister, but I stopped playing in 2009. I came back on and off since then and decided to make this profile when I started school in September.

Quote:
Why?
Why not?
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 06-2-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

is this the end of the fckin mcdonald kings we were supposed to clean up during the 11th OT
Old 06-2-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
A D3 player with very limited talent. As to why you should care, I'm not really sure.
What is D3? Apart from a bad roll of the dice.

Quote:
I chose to have Buckethead in my avatar because I love his style of music and his guitar playing. That, and because I don't think there's many other people that have released dozens of albums every year.
John Zorn, Senmuth and Omar Rodríguez-López off the top of my head. And even though I like Zorn and Omar, I still wouldn't recommend their entire discography because they release too much and some of it is samey. Is Buckethead not the same?

Quote:
It's because of the school that I go to currently. The high school that I go to is an extremely challenging school, but I no longer wish to go to this school, and would rather go back to the normal high school I would have originally gone to. The school provides us laptops, and I have no other computer that I would have access to play FFR or SM anymore until I find a way to get a new computer.
You should kickstarter/patreon your way to laptop ownership. Or go to a local library? Or join a club that uses computers? I'm sure there are alternatives, no?

Quote:
It was made because I've wanted to know if anybody had any questions about me that they just never asked before I stopped playing.
Did people ask you questions while you played? What was your most interesting question? What was the most common question?

Quote:
For TSR's tourney back in February I partnered up with mrpreggers and this happened, and it just stuck
I need to wear glasses and I still can't read this without putting my nose to the screen. Why is it so small?

Quote:
The anti-aging elixir did wonders on me.
Anti-aging /= decrease in age, it merely prevents the appearance. Did you really drink an elixir?

Quote:
Not really sure why, just always have since I was born.
Do you plan on travelling when you get older (or when the elixir wears off and they stop asking you for your parents permission to travel?)

Quote:
I think my post count is fine. An average of >1 a day seems fine. Just seemed like a fun thing to do.
Are you finding this fun so far? Why is your post count fine, do you not aspire to more?

Quote:
Originally I actually started playing on FFR in 2008 on an account I made with my sister, but I stopped playing in 2009. I came back on and off since then and decided to make this profile when I started school in September.
What happened to your sister, did she also make a new account? Or did she grow bored of FFR? Does she embarrass you now, is that it? Or do you need your independence?

Quote:
Why not?
Not why. Why?

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 06-2-2015 at 01:58 PM..
Old 06-2-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpreggers View Post
is this the end of the fckin mcdonald kings we were supposed to clean up during the 11th OT
I need another way of playing so if I can't get a new computer then it looks as though it won't be happening .

Quote:
What is D3? Apart from a bad roll of the dice.

John Zorn, Senmuth and Omar Rodríguez-López off the top of my head. And even though I like Zorn and Omar, I still wouldn't recommend their entire discography because they release too much and some of it is samey. Is Buckethead not the same?

You should kickstarter/patreon your way to laptop ownership. Or go to a local library? Or join a club that uses computers? I'm sure there are alternatives, no?

Did people ask you questions while you played? What was your most interesting question? What was the most common question?

I need to wear glasses and I still can't read this without putting my nose to the screen. Why is it so small?

Anti-aging /= decrease in age, it merely prevents the appearance. Did you really drink an elixir?

Do you plan on travelling when you get older (or when the elixir wears off and they stop asking you for your parents permission to travel?)

Are you finding this fun so far? Why is your post count fine, do you not aspire to more?

What happened to your sister, did she also make a new account? Or did she grow bored of FFR? Does she embarrass you now, is that it? Or do you need your independence?

Not why. Why?
Damn so many questions.
1. Division 3 out of 7, with 7 being the best
2. It's because of the style of music that he plays. I like that he can play so many different styles of guitar and multiple different instruments and it impresses me.
3. There is other options, however none of the available options to me would be consistent enough for me to improve.
4. Most common question is "Who are you again?"
What do you want our team name to be?
[2/22/2015 3:29:52 AM] i am fckin mcdonald king: oh shit can i really come up with the name
[2/22/2015 3:29:58 AM] i am fckin mcdonald king: how much time do i have to brainstorm
[2/22/2015 3:30:06 AM] '.' Deadly '.': Until March 1st?
[2/22/2015 3:30:12 AM] '.' Deadly '.': It doesn't matter to me
[2/22/2015 3:30:19 AM] i am fckin mcdonald king: ah just name us The Fckin Mcdonald Kings then
[2/22/2015 3:30:28 AM] '.' Deadly '.': 5 star name

6. No sir, I had no say in what year I was born in.
7. I might. It would be nice to take a trip to Canada again. Last time I went was when I was 2, so that would be fun.
8. This is jolly good 'ol fun. I don't really think of my post count as something that matters unless I had 1 or 2 thousand posts at the least.
9. She just stopped playing it. I got her into StepMania around Christmas time, but she doesn't play FFR anymore.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 06-2-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
That was generally what I've been going for, so yes.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 06-5-2015, 01:59 AM   #9
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

I forgot about this! Did you miss my questions? Did you miss me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
Damn so many questions.
Is that a problem? Would you rather post an 'Ask Me Anything' where no-one asks you questions? Wouldn't that be redundant? Are you redundant for thinking like that?

Quote:
1. Division 3 out of 7, with 7 being the best
Division of what? FFR? You must understand vagueness leads to confusion? For saying D3 makes me think of the Mighty Ducks movie, does it not make you think the same way? Don't you think that movie was lambasted a tad unfairly? I mean yes okay it had bad characters, plot, locations and cinematography but it was a real achievement in modern film-making, I mean it's the kind of 'loving the past' movie that Hugo wishes it could have been, no?

Quote:
2. It's because of the style of music that he plays. I like that he can play so many different styles of guitar and multiple different instruments and it impresses me.
If multi-instrumentalists impress you, do you also like people such as Prince? On his debut album he played 27 instruments, would that be a sufficient amount for your tastes? Or is his music too suburban for your liking? How about someone like Steven Wilson? Or Mike Oldfield? Did you know Mike Oldfield created the main theme tune for the original exorcist movie? It was on his debut album Tubular Bells. He's rather fond of it, it's been re-released about a dozen times. On that album he plays Acoustic guitar, bass guitar, electric guitar, Farfisa, Hammond B3,[38] and Lowrey organs, flageolet, fuzz guitars, glockenspiel, "honky tonk" piano, mandolin, piano, percussion, "taped motor drive amplifier organ chord", timpani, vocals, and tubular bells. Would this be enough to make you want to listen to it? Or would it not work if he wasn't wearing a bucket over his head?

Quote:
3. There is other options, however none of the available options to me would be consistent enough for me to improve.
Is remaining consistently on par with your current level not better than regressing to a worse state? You seem stuck on 'improving'? I mean Usain Bolt is constantly trying to improve but if you told him 'would you rather give up because you can't break your 100m 9.58s record or continue to win events' I'm pretty sure he would choose to keep performing whenever possible and winning events. And he's a winner. Do you not want to be a winner?

Quote:
4. Most common question is "Who are you again?"
And who exactly are you again?

Quote:
5. Origin Story
You appear quite submissive, do you often go along with other people's ideas without imposing your own thoughts? You would be an office manager's top candidate, is that what you're after, career-wise?

Quote:
6. No sir, I had no say in what year I was born in.
Do you often act defeatist? Is time travel really such an impossible concept? I feel if we were only more positive we would solve it, no?

Quote:
7. I might. It would be nice to take a trip to Canada again. Last time I went was when I was 2, so that would be fun.
Just Canada? No other countries? There's quite a lot out there if you weren't aware? I know that ocean looks deceptively large, and don't get me wrong it really is, but if you keep paddling did you know you would hit land? Lots of land. Like, millions of people worth of land. Would that not be exciting to explore?

Quote:
8. This is jolly good 'ol fun. I don't really think of my post count as something that matters unless I had 1 or 2 thousand posts at the least.
Do you often speak in circular logic? 'I don't care about my post count unless I had more but I can't have more unless I care but I can't care without more...' At least I can determine that I'm not replying to a robot, so thanks for that, unless your head exploded when you wrote that? Are you a replacement? Please, tell me if the human resistance has survived? WE DIDN'T MEAN TO HARM YOUR MOTHERBOARD PLEASE, FORGIVE US!?

Quote:
9. She just stopped playing it. I got her into StepMania around Christmas time, but she doesn't play FFR anymore.
Do you think she still thinks of you as a brother? Or as 'that guy who forced me out of FFR and into this StepMania thing with the complicated note skins and too many IDM songs'? Why at Christmas, was it your gift to her because you didn't want to spend money on a real present? Are you like those cheap people who make cards instead of buying them because 'handmade is more personal'?
Old 06-5-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
I forgot about this! Did you miss my questions? Did you miss me?

Is that a problem? Would you rather post an 'Ask Me Anything' where no-one asks you questions? Wouldn't that be redundant? Are you redundant for thinking like that?

Division of what? FFR? You must understand vagueness leads to confusion? For saying D3 makes me think of the Mighty Ducks movie, does it not make you think the same way? Don't you think that movie was lambasted a tad unfairly? I mean yes okay it had bad characters, plot, locations and cinematography but it was a real achievement in modern film-making, I mean it's the kind of 'loving the past' movie that Hugo wishes it could have been, no?

If multi-instrumentalists impress you, do you also like people such as Prince? On his debut album he played 27 instruments, would that be a sufficient amount for your tastes? Or is his music too suburban for your liking? How about someone like Steven Wilson? Or Mike Oldfield? Did you know Mike Oldfield created the main theme tune for the original exorcist movie? It was on his debut album Tubular Bells. He's rather fond of it, it's been re-released about a dozen times. On that album he plays Acoustic guitar, bass guitar, electric guitar, Farfisa, Hammond B3,[38] and Lowrey organs, flageolet, fuzz guitars, glockenspiel, "honky tonk" piano, mandolin, piano, percussion, "taped motor drive amplifier organ chord", timpani, vocals, and tubular bells. Would this be enough to make you want to listen to it? Or would it not work if he wasn't wearing a bucket over his head?

Is remaining consistently on par with your current level not better than regressing to a worse state? You seem stuck on 'improving'? I mean Usain Bolt is constantly trying to improve but if you told him 'would you rather give up because you can't break your 100m 9.58s record or continue to win events' I'm pretty sure he would choose to keep performing whenever possible and winning events. And he's a winner. Do you not want to be a winner?

And who exactly are you again?

You appear quite submissive, do you often go along with other people's ideas without imposing your own thoughts? You would be an office manager's top candidate, is that what you're after, career-wise?

Do you often act defeatist? Is time travel really such an impossible concept? I feel if we were only more positive we would solve it, no?

Just Canada? No other countries? There's quite a lot out there if you weren't aware? I know that ocean looks deceptively large, and don't get me wrong it really is, but if you keep paddling did you know you would hit land? Lots of land. Like, millions of people worth of land. Would that not be exciting to explore?

Do you often speak in circular logic? 'I don't care about my post count unless I had more but I can't have more unless I care but I can't care without more...' At least I can determine that I'm not replying to a robot, so thanks for that, unless your head exploded when you wrote that? Are you a replacement? Please, tell me if the human resistance has survived? WE DIDN'T MEAN TO HARM YOUR MOTHERBOARD PLEASE, FORGIVE US!?

Do you think she still thinks of you as a brother? Or as 'that guy who forced me out of FFR and into this StepMania thing with the complicated note skins and too many IDM songs'? Why at Christmas, was it your gift to her because you didn't want to spend money on a real present? Are you like those cheap people who make cards instead of buying them because 'handmade is more personal'?
1. I missed you a lot. I was concerned when you didn't respond right away.
2. No problem at all. Was a general statement to my amazement at the number of questions from one person.
3. I don't really have a problem with different musical genres, so yeah I might take a listen. The only things I don't listen to are country and Screamo.
4. I only want to keep playing if I know that I'll be able to play it consistently. If I won't have the ability to play every day, then it's hard for me to commit to it.
5. A person who re-joined this site in 2014 after a 5+ year absence who recently hosted a tournament with mrpreggers in April and May.
6. Yeah I go along with others' ideas pretty often. May not be a great thing, but I do it often. No I don't plan on being an office manager though.
7. If time travel is possible it'll never be available to the public. Too many people would try and do shit that could alter the present day way too much.
8. I have a morbid fear of flying, so there isn't that much else I could do other than take a road trip to Central or South America.
9. Can...Not...Compute...
10. She only uses StepMania to play her favorite Anime songs or DDR songs. She has 3.95 and the standard theme for that, so I don't think the noteskins and themes bother her all that much.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 06-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #11
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

rip deadly
Old 06-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #12
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpreggers View Post
rip deadly
Ripperino.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more