Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-2-2012, 01:07 PM   #761
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Suspicious Scores thread (Formerly Hacked Scores)

Alright, sorry Kayla, misinterpreted your statements of cluttering the thread as debating legitimacy rather than what you meant, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

Oni, I wasn't really hoping that that thread go any differently, the whole point to me for making that thread would be to shift the discussions and arguments elsewhere so we weren't cluttering this thread with them. If that doesn't matter, then the thread is irrelevant and the conversations can stay here.

I'm dropping the idea now, although I don't really see any potential harm from it regardless.
Old 03-2-2012, 01:19 PM   #762
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This thread is more then enough for anything that has to do with BS scores or anything "suspicious" in general no matter how long the member has had their account for. If someone gets called out, we could check to see if their replays is frame perfect. If their replays is NOT frame perfect then there is a REALLY high chance that the person is legitimate unless proven otherwise. Just removing a score without proving ANYTHING is just not cutting it by the way. You don't just remove someone's score just because people assumes that it is BS. (Referring to Mina's RATO score)

And another thing, how exactly is that thread of yours going to work in the long run if you were to make it? What kind of tools or evidence would you be using when checking on those players that gets mentioned in your thread? It seems like to me that you are not really thinking this over. Once that thread is made, I can almost guarantee you that nearly 99% of replay scores posted there will all be legitimate. There is no way that anyone will be able to check every single replay of every player to see if one or two scores are BS or not. It is better to look at it in a bigger picture, if you think someone's score is botted or hacked, just post it here like always and we can at least check to see if their replay is frame perfect or not.

I just wanted to say something because I am bored and that I think your thread would have been pointless.

Last edited by i love you; 03-2-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-2-2012, 01:31 PM   #763
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I'm dropping the idea now
...moving on now
Old 03-2-2012, 01:32 PM   #764
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

No more Mina RATO discussion until he makes a video. None of you have any idea as to what kind of pattern flexibility that file requires for a score like that (and not being framer perfect doesn't mean anything when I could see what was going on in the data) and until it is proven there is absolutely good reason to remove it.

Man, I even said to drop the Mina thing because it's beating a dead horse. No more of it.
Old 03-2-2012, 01:32 PM   #765
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
although I don't really see any potential harm from it regardless.
That is why I said what I said. I was just wondering how it would work out.

But yeah, back on topic
Old 03-2-2012, 04:57 PM   #766
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
None of you have any idea as to what kind of pattern flexibility that file requires for a score like that...
Just going to point out that this attitude really doesn't help anything and this is why arguments are sparked in the first place. You are good, but it seems like you are trying to be law sometimes. Maybe a different approach?
Old 03-2-2012, 06:02 PM   #767
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

so was anaru legit? Cause it seems he quit the site and I'm really not here enough to know what's going on. I recall he AAA'd almost every song in like a few days and I thought he seemed pretty godly.
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 03-2-2012, 06:07 PM   #768
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

Reason why Mina dosen't have new videos is just cause he is currently in the middle of africa, with africannet that is SO BAD that sending .sm files (few kb's) sometimes fail, uploading a videoclip with enough quality to show legitness is absolutely impossible due to packet losses and stuff.

Just wait for him to get the chance to get back to the states so he can upload.
Old 03-2-2012, 06:09 PM   #769
RB_Quackies
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Quackies

Quote:
until it is proven there is absolutely good reason to remove it.
Well, I suppose the whole concept of "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't exist in Dossarland. Suppose you live in a capital punishment totalitarian society run by Dossar where only the dictator can bs, and has complete rule to delete legitimate scores if he can't match them... No biggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX OSI View Post
Man, I even said to drop the Mina thing because it's beating a dead horse. No more of it.
Oh, we should also do whatever he says and drop it because he said so... Because that's what communities do.

Edit: (Adding to what Staian said) sometimes it even takes Mina 10-15 minutes just to do something like log on AIM, and even then the connection is very shaky.
Old 03-2-2012, 06:24 PM   #770
Ninty64
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavie33 View Post
so was anaru legit?
The evidence emerged here. (~5 pages back in hi19's tourney thread).
Old 03-2-2012, 06:30 PM   #771
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
he just wants the title of being #1 somehow, and the only way he can do that is if he goes for GT
If this is in someway supposed to be an insult (not sure if this is sarcasm or just stating a fact) I will agree with this. If the idea of this sounds retarded, to people, I'm over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I think Zak was negating what he previously said with the edit. Anyways, there is no reason to get butthurt about his words now, people are entitled to share their opinion (it's not as if he was trying to pull it off as a fact.) I do agree with Zak though, I feel the same toward GT and FC's. When it comes to FC count, if you are blindly mashing for some of them, then I feel your FC count is more of a display of stamina, as opposed to skill. I guess stamina is a good thing to show off, so I see where you could be coming from. Anyways, with GT, it just shows how much you've played the game. Someone could have overall rank 1 by AAA'ing excite bike 24/7, but that doesn't mean that said person is skilled at the game. Anyways, that's my two cents.
I'm not hurt by anyone's words because I know I've done nothing wrong. Some people take this site way too serious, like honestly I'm getting questioned because I play the game so randomly....so sue me, I'm having fun doing what I WANT to do. I'm not yelling at you btw, I'm just standing up for myself. But anyway I'm glad you can actually see things from my point of view. I'm not a top player and never will be because I like having fun. If people want to continue to question me, so be it. I'm not changing my ways to satisfy everyone and make me frustrated as shit trying to be a top skill player.

Last edited by nois-or-e; 03-4-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Old 03-2-2012, 06:38 PM   #772
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

dude a teen FC on eclipse is pretty top tier IMO
Old 03-2-2012, 06:42 PM   #773
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
ssbmchamp: Next time you get a good score, save a replay. Your arguments aren't really going anywhere; people who are suspicious are still suspicious, and people who are convinced are still convinced. But a legit reply will convince the suspicious.
I'm not trying to argue with people. Nor am I a cheater. If people want to continue to judge/question me, so be it.
Old 03-2-2012, 06:47 PM   #774
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
I'm not trying to argue with people. Nor am I a cheater. If people want to continue to judge/question me, so be it.
I'm happy that you think that way, but could we at least see a replay? I honestly want to see where you get your goods and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-2-2012, 07:04 PM   #775
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

yeah nice superiority complex dossar wanna see mine
Old 03-2-2012, 07:05 PM   #776
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Just be aware that people are going to bring up evidence and if they can't find any, are going to ask for it. What I find interesting is you have the capability to get teens-FC on Eclipse, but your scores on other recent songs reflect a player with a different level of skill:
-I breathe the cosmos: 20-4-0-7
-Duck Hunt: 9-0-0-3
-The earth blew up: 46-6-0-22
-Etude On A Nimbus: 28-0-0-4
-Rocket Flight: 2-0-0-11 (I just thought this score looked off)

I don't know when that Eclipse and other good scores of yours were attained, if they were from awhile ago, I guess it's possible you could have had a skill drop. I'm not calling you a cheater nor am I defending you, I'm just bringing up some data, and people can interpret it as they want.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-2-2012, 07:18 PM   #777
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Saying that I have a superiority complex instead of being logical is one of the reasons why this thread gets filled with stupid clutter instead of rational arguments. Anaru was able to get away with what he did due to this (you guys got tricked into believing him), and *I* was actually the one who initially thought of the idea to actually investigate him through his indeed replays (and it even turned out he had a lot of 1x botted AAAs on FFR too)

And the thing is, people will always think I have a superiority complex when it's the exact opposite. Learn to actually analyze instead of making up pish posh, because I actually have good reason to question

I'm expecting more drama from this post even though I have been basically rational all this time.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-2-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 03-2-2012, 07:32 PM   #778
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
*I* was actually the one who initially thought of the idea to actually investigate him through his indeed replays (and it even turned out he had a lot of 1x botted AAAs on FFR too)
what is this ****ing ffr junior detective league to you

Quote:
And the thing is, people will always think I have a superiority complex when it's the exact opposite. Learn to actually analyze instead of making up pish posh, because I actually have good reason to question
hilarious

whenever a discussion/argument involves sm or ffr scores or the individual posting them, you almost always have to compare them to you and your scores (talk about uneven odds huh). instead of thinking of the alternative such as, giving thinly veiled encouragement? (ex: good score!! i'm sure you can improve this in do time bla bla). iirc, you even said you would tone down this little egotistic comparison of scores but that's out of the question since it's not showing any noticeable improvement.

then again you're the idol of rhythm games so everyone will ****ing praise you anyway
Old 03-2-2012, 07:35 PM   #779
Ninty64
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

p.nano

I would guess it's Anaru's alt since two of those songs are the songs were from the Leap Year Tournament.
Old 03-2-2012, 07:35 PM   #780
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Comparing scores and giving professional detailed input is legitimate feedback, and Staiain actually told me how his happy moment for IDP2 was ruined because of the dumb comments posted in his thread. Would you rather have an insincere "nice" or actual feedback?

Like I said, without analyzation, there are going to be a lot of useless comments that completely distort the actual meaning of what the person is saying. Even you are saying "the idol of rhythm games so everyone will ****ing praise you anyway", which proves my point that when I post something it's automatically assumed by others to be narcissistic or something similarly stupid

@Ninty64: I think p.nano might be Anaru, but I'm not sure

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-2-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Closed Thread