Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking > Homework & Help
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Default What should I do?

Lately I've been having a lot of wondering about my life and the way I'm heading. I currently don't have a job, don't have a license or car, and don't have anything in place for my future. I don't really ever get out of the house to hang out with friends, and I'm getting tired of following the same pattern everyday of my life, knowing that I'm wasting away what many consider the best years of their lives.

I'm always never paying attention in school. I left the school I used to attend - which was one of the hardest high schools in the nation - because I didn't wish to put in the effort to stay at the school, and because I felt that I was always being compared to my sister about everything at that school, as she graduated from there and got nearly a full ride to Oakland University. Even now, I'm not getting the same grades I should in school, because I'm disinterested in the material I'm learning. If I don't care about the subject being taught, I can't comprehend the material, as I see it as information that's useless and that I'll never use in my life.

If I don't know what to do at the end of high school, I've been telling myself that I'll enlist in the U.S. Navy, but I don't know if that's the right thing for me. I may only be saying this because my dad was in the Navy, and I don't know what else I'll do. I currently have no money to my name, and I'm unable to get a job until I get my license, as my parents are divorced and I can't guaranty a solid work schedule until I get my license.

It's hard for me to do anything with others, because my interests are always different than most others. There's no people that listen to the same music as me, play the same games as me, or have the same interests as me. This is compounded with the fact that I get easily agitated at people who don't know something that I perceive as simple, so it makes me seem like a pissy person.

I've always looked at myself as "Everyone's Favorite Random", as I do so many different things, but I'm not amazing at anything. I'm good at rhythm games, good at hockey, good at laser tag, but not amazing at any one particular thing. Since I do so much different stuff, it's hard for me to become comittted to improving at any one thing. For example, I've been telling myself for 3 years that I'm going to learn how to play the guitar. Since then, I have made 0 progress whatsoever.

Another thing about me is that I've always thought of these great ideas, such as starting a business, but I know that the chances of something like this actually succeeding are microscopic. Another thing I've always wanted to go into is coaching either a hockey or football team, but much like starting a business, the chance of this happening bid so slim it doesn't even matter.

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is what should I do to make something out of my life? I've tried soul searching for the answer, but I can't think of anything. This is how I've honestly felt since I was 12 and I had to stop playing hockey because the cost of it was too much. Hockey used to be my passion, and the past few months I've been wishing I could go back to playing, but even with that, I know I wouldn't have any success in that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if this comes off as attention whorish (it does to me at least), but I have no idea what to do with how my life is right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote