Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Alioth
Banned

Default Faux Comic Book Weapons

Comic Book Weapons Article

So I was on Facebook just now and I stumbled upon an extremely interesting article of how various technological inventors are making comic book weapons real for rather future warfare or just for personal use. It intrigued me that people around the world are able to invent such weapons (i.e. Wolverine's Claws, Pyro's Flamethrower, and Spiderman's Web) within the tools of their reach, however...it also concerns me to an extent since I do think that people can abuse these items (as with everything else).

Now...by all means I don't think that inventors shouldn't be able to create weapons like these because their work's outcome was brilliant. However, they should prevent the government and large corporations from obtaining these items due to the many possible outcomes that may come about. If you were to ask me...I think the most dangerous out of all the inventions shown here would have to be the laser eyes. That weapon has the ability to burn objects from, well, its eyes, making it extremely dangerous for most people to have.

With all of that said...I do think that their works are brilliant, but they should be used as an art piece rather than abusing it through war. What famous comic book technology would you like to see become real? Do you think it should ever be released to the public and why (not)?
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Faux Comic Book Weapons

That first dude was brutal to listen to /:

Neat things overall, reminds me of the numerous people that have designed the retractable blade from Assassin's Creed. Some of those are pretty neat. The laser one is a tad bit concerning, but it's not like someone couldn't have done that with lasers prior to this point in time, so idk. Thanks for the read.