Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 03:35 AM   #1
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default FFR RPG - Need your stats and good ideas

I already posted this on LD's forums. Basically, I'm making an RPG with RPG maker and I need your stats if you want to be in it.

IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE READING MUCH, SCROLL DOWN TO THE SUMMARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by On LD's forums, I
So I'm talking to MoP yesterday and I ask him what's up and he says he's making an RPG. I'm like, "how!?" and he gave me the link to RPG maker:

LINK EDITTED OUT BECAUSE I WAS ASKED KINDLY TO DO SO

He started telling me what he was doing and I kept saying "OH! DO THIS!" or "dude, THIS would be cool! DO IT!" And I annoyed him pretty bad. Then I figured, hey, it's his RPG, he can do what he wants, I'll make my own.

His was centered around FFR people, so I thought I'd make a nice lil RPG about FFR people as well. Now, if you think somebody should be included, tell me here. I want their FFR sn, what kind of special abilities they'll have, weaknesses and strengths, etc etc. Try and be realistic with this. Like, don't say Hydro should be in it and that he should have a high intelligence rating.

For example, here is what I'm thinking of for my stats:

Name: evilbutterfly
Sex: Male (important so I'll know what character sprite to use)
MAX HP: Medium
MAX MP: Medium
Attack: Semi-low (I'm scrawny)
Defense: Medium
Intelligence: Very high
Agility: Semi-high
High chance of critical hits (I know those pressure points)
Resists Newb-type attacks
Resists Authority-type attacks
Resists Poison (I rarely get sick)

Skills:

Ceaseless talking: (Uses 50% of available MP) Targets 1 enemy and talks to them for three turns in a row. Each turn the enemy loses 25% of its remaining life. Does reduced damage to Nerd-type (because of what I'm talking about) and extra damage versus Omish-type.

Swoon: (Doesn't use much mana) Targets 1 female enemy and distracts her with flirting and other temptations. While distracted the enemy will not attack.

Decipher/Scan: (Uses hardly any mana) Discovers the weaknesses of the target.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I can do all that, but I'll try. So yeah, start posting stats of people. Definitly include yourself, and maybe some of the more popular FFR people who don't come here. I may post this over there eventually, too. Doing that now :P

And if I don't see a post about you, I probably won't include you.
Just to clarify: if you are an extremely well known member (for example Moogy) I will definitly include you. Now, if you want your character to be accurate please post here. If you don't, either I'll make you an NPC or I'll just change one of the preset character model's names.

ALSO:

A description of what you'd like to wear would be nice. I can't really make sprites too well, but I can take what's there already and change colors and such to suit the various members. Also, if you're special, you may get custom made cool stuff. For example, Afrobean's in-game character is a smaller version of his avatar. I also plan to make/find an owl sprite for Arch, and I will do my damnedest to reproduce Roll in the RPG for Kilga.

ANOTHER ALSO:

Quests, side-quests, and small adventures you'd like to see in the RPG are welcome. The main adventure is going to be several board members venturing to defeat Arch0wl and steal back Blur so all people may attempt to beat its incredible hardness. I don't want the game to be JUST that, so give me ideas for side quests or in between quests. It would be preferable if these quests kind of made sense, such as an encounter with the WSC, or some banned person avoiding the IP ban and wreaking havoc in FFR, or Afrobean searching for a copy of Photoshop.

To summarize, here are the things I'd like you to post:

1) Stats for yourself (see my quoted post for an example). Try to be realistic and don't just try and make yourself all-powerful. I'm making this game balanced, whether you like it or not.
2) Description of yourself. You may just specify clothing and hair colors, you may demand the character in your avatar to be you, or anything else. Just be warned: there's no guarantee that I'll do the more complex things, especially if you're a lesser known member.
3) Any and all ideas for quests and side-quests. I'd like the game to be expansive and fun. I also would like humorous things, and things based on real (or possibly real) FFR events.
4) [NOT STATED ABOVE] If you know of anybody who should be in the game that isn't here right now (ie: they "took a break" from FFR, or they are gone somewhere with no computer access, or they were banned, or any other reason), please post ideas for their character here. If you can contact them and get them to write up their own stats/ideas, that would be best.
5) [NOT STATED ABOVE] What type of spells you want to cast. If you want to have healing spells and holy magic, tell me. If you want to be fire based, say so. Any special characteristics, such as elemental preferences, immunity to certain effects (example: I'm hard to "Silence" because I talk too much), or that you only use spears and boomerangs, post them.

A note on elements/statuses: I'm pretty sure I can edit these and/or make my own. So, I could add the elements Authority and N00B. N00B-type characters would take extra damage from leaders who have Authority-based attacks. However, postwhores and other people who blatently ignore rules would take less damage from Authority. In your stats, feel free to invent new status effects or "elements." If they're cool enough, I'll try and work them into the game.

If you post retarded stats or make harsh demands, either I'll ignore them, not put you in the game, make you an AI controlled townsperson, or PM you and ask you for an alternate idea (in case your idea for appearance is too hard to make). Have fun making these posts, and be on the look out for updates on the game here.

[/way too long of a post]

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac

dood.... if you want to make a sweet rpg, go to rpgtoolkit.com and get it there...get version 2 cuz 3 is coming out soon.... but i made a pretty sweet rpg that only took 2 hours yo beat, but everyone liked it..... but anyways.... here is my stats i suppose....

Name: Zajac
Sex: Male
MAX MP: Medium
Attack: Medium
Intelligence: Very high
Agility: Low
Low chance of critical hits
Resists Newb-type attacks
Resists Authority-type attacks
Resists Cold

Skills:

Quick Fingers: Mezmorizes the enemy and causes them to lose their next turn (this IS gonna be a turn based RPG like final fantfasy, right?)

Flirt: Causes the female enemy to blush in delight, whislt you attack.

Act Polish: Gives you a chance to run away from the battle if too dangerous.

Hope those stats help and stuff.... I'm looking forward to what you can come up with.... peace out
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:42 AM   #3
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl
Default Re: FFR RPG - Need your stats and good ideas

Name: Casey (I'd rather be known for my first name)
MAX HP: Low
MAX MP: High
Attack: Low
Defense: Mid-low
Intelligence: Very, very high
Agility: mid-low
Average chance of critical hits
Double Damage vs. n00bs
Double Damage vs. Trolls
Resists n00b-type attacks

Skills:

Astounding Sense of Logic: Boosts INT for 4 rounds. (low mana cost)

Mood Swing: Lowers chance to hit, but raises attack damage. (low mana cost)

Total Flirt: Only works on female targets. Causes them to stop actions against my character for 10 rounds, but after that, they only target me and deal extra damage. Cannot hit same target twice in one fight. (low mana cost)

In With Authority: Grants strong resistance to all kicking attack and banning spells.(medium MP cost)

Hate and Jealousy: Roulette attack that either outright kills target or myself. (high MP cost)

n00b moment: Confuses target by going from great eloquence to omgwtfbbq in no time at all. (medium MP cost)

-------

For looks, these are a must: JEANS AND A GOATEE. The shirt would preferably be an open-unbottoned one with a white undershirt. If you want help making sprites, send me all the sprite files you want edited and I can do that up without too much of a problem.

For an optional sidequest, I could try and obtain moderator status. If I get it (in the game, of course), we could make up some sort of thing that all moderators have. Like, say, a move. "Steel Toe of Justice: deals massive amounts of kicking damage". Ana, Arch, Specforces, Cyborg_Mermaid, and any other moderators I can't think of right now would have that ability from the get-go.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #4
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

zajac: Who are you!?

Laharl: Nice. Any ideas for quests, and any ideas for your appearance? I think you should be somebody in all black, just because that fits your mood, usually.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:13 AM   #5
IAMTHEEVILBEAN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to IAMTHEEVILBEAN

I actually was making one of these once, then I quit like 5 minutes in.

Name: Bean
MAX MP: Very High
Attack: High
Intelligence: Very, very high
Agility: High
Critical Hit every time
Double Damage vs. me

Special Attacks :

Stapler 9 Mp : I staple the battlefield, and therefore, win
IAMTHEEVILBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #6
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Name: ToshX
MAX HP: Very high
MAX MP: Very low
Attack: Very high
Defense: Low
Intelligence: Above Medium(but not quite high)
Agility: Very Low
Completely resist, Fire, Ice and Water attacks(I'm not afraid of burning, freezing, or water. I burned myself enough times it doesnt hurt and is as shocking, I'm outside 15 hours a day when it snows, and I have an indoor swimming pool, go to it everyday)
Take 5x damage for lightning/sky/whatever attacks(I hate lightning, never go outside in it and make sure I dont get cought outisde in it when I cant get it)
n00b resist(their sucking makes me feel better about myself, lol)

Skills:
No MP Cost: Extreme Practice- Take 10 turns, then randomly choose a number 1 out of 2. If the number is right, perminantly increase a stat besides HP or MP by 1. If the number is wrong, you just lost 10 turns.

1/3 of MP Cost: RAGE!!!- Increase your attack by 40, decrease your defense by 80 for 5 turns.

Small MP Cost: FFR Challenging- Flip a coin. If you win 1 out of 2 flips, your HP perminantly increases by 2%. If you lose, your HP perminantly decreases by 1%. The HP is NOT recovered during this battle.
-----------------
For all of these, assume it's on a 100 point base except HP.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

I can't believe I'm actually participating in a forum RPG...I'm eager to see how this turns out, though.

Name: Anticrombie0909
MAX MP: Low
Attack: High (I have a black belt, beeyatch!)
Defense: High
Intelligence: High
Agility: Medium
Has high chance of combo moves that increase with power
Immune to fire
Immune to character attacks (flames), can counter
Weak against female targets

Skills:
Flame power - targets a maximum of two (2) enemies at once, reduces their attack power and MP by 25%
Karate Bezerker - Defense lowers by %50, but attack and chance for combo raises by %35 for next attack(MP)
Headshot - Lose X turns, then deals massive projectile damage based on X, where X is the number of turns lost (X*10%) (MP)
Disarm - Take down enemy holding a weapon at close range, %20 to use weapon on enemy

Appearance - Since I was in Karate and got my black belt, and my guy tends to focus on those abilities (I don't have anything else), you can make him up to your own discretion. Oh, but I need a cheesy anime-style haircut. That's a must.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #8
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Trust me, its not a Forum RPG, its a real RPG, you get to control people.

I already joined. And right now, I am helping make LD's Sanctuary.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:19 AM   #9
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by On LD's forums, I
Name: Afrobean
MAX HP: moderately high
MAX MP: high
Attack: kinda low (I'm not a fighter)
Defense: higher than average
Intelligence: infinity billion (aka a lot!)
Agility: moderately low
moderate chance of critical hits
Resists N00b-type attacks

Skills:

Fetal position: Defense would be maximized while attack would drop to almost nothing.

Talking smack: Both my attack and opponents attack goes up.

Crazy talk: Confuses oponents by describing the plot of FLCL or randomly talking about Family Guy/Simpsons/Homestarrunner.

Articualtion: Use proper grammar to convince your enemy to not want to attack you. He'd still be an enemy but he'd be unable to use physical attacks on me.

Photographic memory: Intelligence is increased a little.

I'm not saying that I want all of those skills... any of them would be great.
As for a side quest: maybe you could have R2 come out toward the end of the game. And have something happen with that. Also I got another pretty good idea, but I don't wanna say it here so I'm gonna IM you.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:28 AM   #10
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I just want all above average stats.

I want to be more of a in-game character, and not a playable one.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #11
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Name: Lupin
MAX HP: Medium-high
MAX MP: low
Attack: medium-High
Intelligence: high
Agility: medium
medium chance of critical hits (due to years of fencing)
Resists intelligence attacks
Resists swooning attacks (I am horrible judging signs)
Resists physical attacks (to an extent)

Skills:

coup de grace- When opponent has low hp, a coup de grace can be made. If it results in a miss, two rounds are lost in the effort due to over-exaggerated attempt to finish someone off. Low mana cost

Duel- An initiation is attempted (if no initiation made, round is over for the character-it's a full action). If it connects, I concentrate on one enemy. This one enemy must fight me and has no escape. the duel can not be interrupted under any circumstances (no outside assistance or opposition can be allowed) Medium/high mana cost

Charge- a running swing is made at an opponent. I must be a certain distance away to start this move. I have a higher chance of hitting the opponent and I do double damage if I connect. However, If I miss the opponent, they have a very high chance of hitting me.
Low mana cost.

My character should have dark brown/black hair with long sideburns/chops. Any normal clothing will be acceptable.
Lupin_the_3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #12
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Name: Cypher
MAX MP: Low
Attack: Moderate
Intelligence: high
Agility: Moderate
Resistance to Newb-type attacks
Vunerable to Authority Type attacks

Low Mp cost- Act like an idiot:Enemy either loses two turns laughing, or does double damage for two rounds.

Moderate mp costs: Act smart: Uses a wide, proper vocabular to confuse newb-type opponents. Doesn't work against people with an Intelligence higher than mine.

I just want a plain black shirt with black jeans, and long(just past my shoulder), straight hair.
EDIT: I want my skin to be dark. Not Barret dark, but not white.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #13
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

If at all possible, I would love to be some strange monk dude on the top of a mountain.

And hot damn, why am I sending this in?

Name: Boris
Sex: Male, PROBABLY OLROLOLROLOLPL
MAX MP: Lowish
Intelligence: High (I would be Very High, but I have to balance the stats some :O )
Agility: Semi-high
Medium chance of critical hits
Resists Cold
Weak against Hunger

Specials:
Gorp: Hits opponent in Adam's Apple. Doing stuff. And if you play with magic, it might (if your programming skills can HANDLE THE PRESSURE) cause "silence" or inability to cast spells. Cause if you get hit in the adam's apple, you uh...can't talk. For a little.
Throw: Grabs opponent by arms (if they have them, durh) and throws them against something. Like the ground, or a wall.
Urinate: IM JUST KEEEEEEEDING.

Meh, that might do the trick. Maybe. =/

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #14
linus
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to linus Send a message via MSN to linus

Name: linus
MAX HP: medium
MAX MP: high
Attack: medium
Defense: low
Intelligence: semi-high
Resists bs stepfile

skill,
Sonic speed bs mash: mash some bs on enemy's head then they'll go back home to wash their hair...
Chinese misc: can do all things that western people can't resist...........
Linus' Impromptu: play random scary music on the piano to scare the enemy away.........
One heavy word: tons of one word post to make arch angry!
Video trix!: you knew it.
Appearance: black hair, red chinese traditional clothes lol.........
Old 07-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #15
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Have you made an RPG maker game before? If this is your first one there's a lot of stuff you're not going to know how to do. If you need help AIM me, I've used it for a long time.

Make me and LD non-playable characters but we share an equally important role in the game.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #16
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

I can help you script some events/triggers and create maps if you'd like.. I was into RPG2kwhatever for a while. Entered some halloween contest on rpg2knet.com and won third place..

If you put me in the game.. just make me a memorable(or not) NPC.. maybe someone you have to talk to ..
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 PM   #17
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I've used RPG Maker for like... 7 years. AIM me about it... I can do a lot of awesome crap, like custom battle/menu systems and whatnot.

Name: Moogy
MAX HP: High
MAX MP: High
Agility: High
Ignores all n00b/authority type damage

Skills:
Kamikazi Armageddon - Kills all enemies (not bosses) on screen in exchange for own life
Postcount Increase - Temporarily increases another character's stats

Appearance: I'll think about it.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #18
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Ok, if not NPC, then

Name: Freak83 (can also be PornoDemon at times, another name I sometimes use... I have an idea how to incorporate that)
Max HP: Medium
Max MP: High
Defense: Low
Good chance of critical hits
Immune to lightning

Skills:
Natural-Selection - Increase all stats for self for remainder of battle
DBZ Attack - High damage to one enemy
Offsync - Lowers enemy accuracy
Xenocide - Kill self to inflict very high damage to all enemies
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #19
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Sure, why not.

Name: Jazzmosis
Max HP: Medium-high
Max MP: Medium-low
Attack: Very High
Defense: Medium-low
Intelligence: Medium-high (considering everyone else has picked "high or "very high")
Agility: Very High
Takes 50% less damage from n00bs

Skills:
Random phrase (moderate mana usage): During a battle/argument will yell a random quote or an irrelevant, non-sensical phrase. Confuses the enemy and drops their defense temporarily.
Egotisticalism (high mana usage): Will make boasting claims about how godly they are. Increases own Agility, Attack rating, and HP briefly, but drops defense and intelligence briefly, and makes them suseptible to n00b attacks.
The uber-burn (very high mana usage): Drops enemy's mana to 0 and decreases agility, but also drops my own mana to 0.

Appearance: Shady. Dark clothes, somewhat tall (if that's possible) with brown hair and blue pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #20
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
Skills:
Kamikazi Armageddon - Kills all enemies (not bosses) on screen in exchange for own life
Postcount Increase - Temporarily increases another character's stats
I think you forgot one, moogy:
asdfjmasldg: decrease intelligence of all on the field.