Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #41
WolfXhunter
Forum User

Default Re: Is BlackOps Really That Bad To People?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
CS 1.6 is better than every FPS living.
i agree.
WolfXhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #42
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post
I know man playing a pointless video game for money, that'll get you somewhere in life, that's WAY better than going to college and actually being educated, and getting a somewhat decent job, **** that, I'm just gonna sit on the couch and try and get better at this dumb game when I really can't.
If the money is good enough it isn't any different from playing sports. Should they have gone to college and gotten a formal education? Perhaps... but they didn't.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #43
LJRoX
Banned

virus, you need to do more research. Some people have made enough money in competitive gaming, so much that they can live through their entire life without worrying about finances.
Also, I forgot to mention... bragging rights and titles. Pride of their country too.
When people talk about Starcraft in competitive gaming, which country pops up in mind first? Korea.

My point is... competitive gaming is a successful career for one.. but not for all. Same goes with every other career in life.

So stop thinking competitive gaming is shit, nikkuh, get real!

Although some people wouldn't take it as a career but, some people earn a living out of gaming itself.
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #44
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet View Post
If you look at MLG and all the effort that goes into that corporation .. I strongly disagree.

As for the COD franchise. I prefer MW2 to BlackOps, better maps and more variety.
I'll never agree with this having played counter-strike for 8 years and knowing what a good competitive game is =/
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #45
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
I'll never agree with this having played counter-strike for 8 years and knowing what a good competitive game is =/
This.

CS is probably this biggest competitive FPS ever created. Given that it was made so long ago, yet there are still leagues being played today. The tactics in this game require a shit load of skill, due to crouch hopping, bunny hopping, quick scoping, and especially the recoil of every single gun. The learning curve of this game can take a long time to learn, in which most cases people never master it.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #46
DotKritic
Forum User

There were only two things I enjoyed while playing BO for a week or two:

1. The R/C car. Now THAT was freaking awesome!
2. When you're running and you want to lay down, your player would dive and land on his stomach/chest. The was a pretty good feature.

edit: I haven't played CS since my senior year in high school. That was...in...hmm...fall 2005.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 03-25-2011 at 08:43 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #47
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
That and MLG plays indie games after being paid loads of money to have it in there, so doesn't mean it's good.

I remember CS all the way back to even when stick figure flashes were popular and had Counter Stick :V
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #48
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

I hear my friends talk about play Modernwarfare And Black Ops, and i Just Lol and their sad lives and go back to playing FFR.

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #49
cixOclock
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsaru View Post
I mean, im a big videogame player and i waste my life playing COD on weekends but i mean idk i get so much shizz for playing blackops :/ ppl always say how much better COD 4 is or ModernWarefare 2. Are the olds ones really the best?
Then don't worry about what other people say... If you have fun playing the game, have fun playin it. DOWN WITH PEER PRESSURE! rofl xD
cixOclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #50
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
CS 1.6 is better than every FPS living.
It might be more difficult to be skillful at it, but that doesn't make it a good game by today's standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
And CS:S isn't old at all, and are better then CoD anyday, CoD is shit easy that's why it's so ****ing fun.
Isn't old at all? It came out in 2004, the mechanics and the engine are COMPLETELY outdated, newer games such as MW2/BC2/BlOps are far superior any day, there's no arguing that. The only thing you can dispute is that you personally enjoy CS more. Find some real players and the CoD games become more difficult. Obviously if you're just playing random pub players it's simple, just like CS.
The physics, lighting, gun mechanics, you name it. It's all horrendous compared to the FPS games of today.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #51
Brycexx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brycexx

Quote:
It might be more difficult to be skillful at it, but that doesn't make it a good game by today's standards.
that is what the problem is. The standards of today is to make everything look pretty and instead of worrying about the gameplay.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #52
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
grab a few friends, get on skype and play any cod. fun times regardless of how broken the games are. [spoiler: very]

PS: Clocked 570 hours on MW2 and 200 on BO so far. ooops.
I've got you tripled on MW2 and double on BO. D:

You play what you like. Some of my friends hate it, some like it. You aren't you without being you. So tell the haters something you hate about something they like and see how they react and feel. Buncha jerks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #53
ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycexx View Post
that is what the problem is. The standards of today is to make everything look pretty and instead of worrying about the gameplay.
Quote:
The physics, lighting, gun mechanics, you name it. It's all horrendous compared to the FPS games of today.
It's just completely outdated, especially the gameplay. The only reason it's difficult to become really 'skillful' at it is because one, the community is so old that the mean skill level has had far longer to develop. Two, the gameplay is very inflexible, it's very limited. That makes it come down to very extreme fine tuning, things like having your reflex be 0.5ms quicker than the other person as opposed to genuine strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
You aren't you without being you.
Deep
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #54
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:

Well, it's technically inferior, I don't think anyone would even argue against that. I think it definitely beats CoD and Bad Company 2 in several areas though, especially in when it comes to competition.

edit: In fact, the limited gameplay is probably what makes it so popular in that area. There's no bullshit involved, no airstrikes, extremely little elements of chance, etc. It's like the difference between Smash Bros and Street Fighter.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 03-25-2011 at 02:43 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #55
ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
Well, it's technically inferior, I don't think anyone would even argue against that. I think it definitely beats CoD and Bad Company 2 in several areas though, especially in when it comes to competition.

edit: In fact, the limited gameplay is probably what makes it so popular in that area. There's no bullshit involved, no airstrikes, extremely little elements of chance, etc. It's like the difference between Smash Bros and Street Fighter.
I'm referring mostly to the very basics of the gameplay, as perks/killstreaks and the such are removed in competitive play (usually) anyways.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #56
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #57
LJRoX
Banned

ITT: ppl who haven't invested hours in both cod and cs don't know what they're talking about.

you can't play the game for only 100 hours and tell me CoD is better
rofl.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #58
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

cs (1.6) trumps all fps
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #59
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

True skill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umJH9_fiRKY

This takes months to learn.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #60
LJRoX
Banned

And I'm not saying it over fanboyism.
I've played other FPS to start with and I can name at least 20 off of my head lol. And the one I enjoyed the most is CS.

In CS, there is no room for bullshit, especially if you play LAN, there is perfect reg, perfect recoil. And this game requires the most strategy which is one of the reasons why I love this game. Compared to every other shooter you can't strat as much as CS.
Who says strategy isn't part of this game? Even for the basics, you need a strategy.
Recoil plays a big part in this game, get good with it.
ADS in Call of Duty makes things way easier, since what you aim at is what you hit 100%.
Also health regen just makes it even more stupid, and seeing a red screen is lame too.
I'd rather focus on my enemy rather having the game tell me I'm almost dead by obnoxiously flash red lights.
Also, there are so many counters in CoD which make it really bad.
Killstreaks get countered by a launcher, campers get countered by grenade launcher (I know they're banned in GB) and the hit detection just makes the game even more lame.
Sprinting and knifing also ruins strategy too. I'd rather play a game where I dominate using the weapons I've practiced with for over 500 hours with than get ruined by someone who simply pulls out their knife and lunges for a OHKO.
Don't even bring up the word graphics in this argument.. Old FPS are great. See UT, Q2, Q3, CS1.6, Doom, Half Life.