Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 01:00 AM   #3221
TWG Cole
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
I'm okay with getting rid of maple now vs leaving them to fuck things up for town later
not a good reason to lynch someone
Old 03-17-2020, 01:00 AM   #3222
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Would you have town read me had I made the same post as flurry
I'd probably be pretty conflicted based on previous reads of you but I would be inclined to town read you.

Flurry was already in my town leans when they made that post as confused town.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:09 AM   #3223
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I think Cole should lead this phase because no reason.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:18 AM   #3224
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
Quoted this so we can read it together if anyone sees something odd.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:31 AM   #3225
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Fauna/Cherry/Tank for maximum UTR teamwork
Cherry reads and interprets Tank's posts to townread their partner? Risky strat. I wouldn't pair these two. I don't even care if this post is a serious read from you, Flurry. You're either a town floating every single possibility or you're a wolf throwing out every possibility to see which one sticks.

Quote:
Quoted this so we can read it together if anyone sees something odd.
Hey... You stinker! I already made a response to this list, mrmpht! Let me find it.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:32 AM   #3226
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
I took the liberty of deleting the reads that I didn't have a problem with (not that I fully agree with some of the ones I deleted, I'm just purging the ones I don't have a reason to be suspect).

-Tank isn't really uh, specific enough for me, mrmpht. What analysis did they do that made you like them? This is a skeleton read, not a full flesh-and-blood read, if you get me. (Personally, I'm going to sheep Cherry on this one for now)
-I don't really see why you put the mention of Phil having mechanical knowledge as a point to read him town, mrmpht. That's something that people can do regardless of alignment, so it's an unnecessary addition to that read. Saying his game is never scum is also weird to see as he is in your town lean, not in your town pool. Hmm. I do agree with you on the roleblocker thing, though.
-Okay, I lied, I think the point you brought up about Maple bringing up leaving the acq alive is a more town-centered idea. As for their other posts, this is one that I'll probably read through today as well.
-See my response to Phil for my thoughts on Flurry. I still think they're too passive and have done silly things.
-And me? Come on, I feel like people have been regurgitating this read all game about this being a town/wolf strategy. I can't change the way I play, mrmpht. I'm just me, ok!! Which questions do you think I haven't been following through enough, hm?
Flurry, here you are, you goofball.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:35 AM   #3227
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

I'm torn between making long posts and making a bunch of shorter posts like this, mrmpht. I did all that stuff with Chief/Chrissy/Molly yesterday and it seems that Julian was one of the only people responding to it. The curse of using lots of words. What a shame.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:35 AM   #3228
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

That's a pretty good looking quote, but I'm not sure where to go with it.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:38 AM   #3229
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Oh yeah, Tank was supposed to make read lists last phase.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #3230
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
That's a pretty good looking quote, but I'm not sure where to go with it.
Really? I mean, I guess you're honest, but I had already done the thing you asked me and you're just gonna give me the most tapioca-flavoured answer? I can only be sad here, mrmpht.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:45 AM   #3231
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Cherry reads and interprets Tank's posts to townread their partner? Risky strat. I wouldn't pair these two. I don't even care if this post is a serious read from you, Flurry. You're either a town floating every single possibility or you're a wolf throwing out every possibility to see which one sticks.
I mean, I can't say anything here. It's true that I'm either a town or wolf and that Cherry interpreting Tank as W/W is a risky strat.
I just feel like town is stuck on a minefield right now and it felt like one of the last few scenarios that anyone would consider.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:47 AM   #3232
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Does anyone town lean Cole ?
Old 03-17-2020, 01:48 AM   #3233
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I think Cole is very.. robotic ?
Old 03-17-2020, 01:51 AM   #3234
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I feel like I'm listening to a weather report while I read the posts.

It's difficult for evaluation.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:53 AM   #3235
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Does anyone town lean Cole ?
partway through my reread, I'm back at the point before they subbed in, and its not looking good

I do agree that they have done things that are possible to fake this game
Old 03-17-2020, 01:56 AM   #3236
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I can appreciate the objective input given, but it would be interesting to hear general thoughts too even if they're uncertain.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:57 AM   #3237
TWG Tank
FFR Player

I've been skimming a bit

The new Chrissy missed boomer questioning my eod0 behavior and tried to say my response to that was unprompted
lrn2read m8

Quote:
Oh yeah, Tank was supposed to make read lists last phase.
I def said I wasnt gonna have time to do one and then I started one for funsies anyway js
you want my take on anyone in particular?

Apollo asked me about Maple's d1 plan. It was the concept of leaving Dora alive and relying on PI for containment
Old 03-17-2020, 02:01 AM   #3238
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

I've been townreading Cherry the most consistently throughout the game, I'd say, and it's a bit concerning to see people drop suspicion on her like this because she's not here.

Am I the only one that thinks Rolf's post about not caring if he dies being slightly towny? If he's a wolf, I only see the Godfather of the team really taking this approach given the fact that the cop is dead. Roleblocker is too valuable, and bulletproof just seems like a contingency plan of the roleblocker dies, mrmpht.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:02 AM   #3239
TWG Cole
FFR Player

was that jailer hardclaim a joke because i do not understand the point fauna was making

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
partway through my reread, I'm back at the point before they subbed in, and its not looking good
it is fair to hold my slot accountable for what other players have used it for but i do not believe i could realistically answer for their actions

all i can do is the best with what time i have
Old 03-17-2020, 02:03 AM   #3240
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
I've been townreading Cherry the most consistently throughout the game, I'd say, and it's a bit concerning to see people drop suspicion on her like this because she's not here.
A lot has changed in her absence
Closed Thread