Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #2401
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

tank, having looked into molly a bit, what's your take on her?
Old 03-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #2402
TWG Julian
FFR Player

and what is it you like about maple's reads?
Old 03-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #2403
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle View Post
Vote Count:
3/15 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Molly [4]
Julian, Eugene, Boomer, Fauna

Chief [2]
Cherry, Molly

Chrissy [2]
Phil, Flurry

Eugene [1]
Maple

==============
Sorry for the long delay everyone! I suddenly don't feel like myself anymore. Feels like someone is within me... It sounds weird, but I'm here regardless!
izzy claimed acquisutioned
chrissy's under the post count min
would lean toward letting that resolve itself if she doesnt post again bc this is a long game
feel like she's a bit wolfier than molly

lol that chief thinks voting him is gamethrowing but isnt voting or giving reads (except phil town implied ig)
hes had so many twists and turns with zucker
d1 we were supposed to think he looks kinda bad for it, but now we have to like it or we suck

twg rolf also under minimum, was considering voting there
hm
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #2404
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
izzy claimed acquisutioned
chrissy's under the post count min
would lean toward letting that resolve itself if she doesnt post again bc this is a long game
feel like she's a bit wolfier than molly

lol that chief thinks voting him is gamethrowing but isnt voting or giving reads (except phil town implied ig)
hes had so many twists and turns with zucker
d1 we were supposed to think he looks kinda bad for it, but now we have to like it or we suck

twg rolf also under minimum, was considering voting there
hm
i think the resolution is replacement over modkill, unfortunately
Old 03-14-2020, 04:06 PM   #2405
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
My reads so far into this game, based on memory. Since no one asked.

01) Agent S- Sidekick at least follows with thread. Doesn't add /much/ but adds. null.

02) Apollo- Wolf number 1 or 2, because let's be real. It's obvious. Wastes time, doesn't put effort, asks questions that look like he's adding to solving, but it's not.

03) Boomer- Vigi, doing what he can. Constantly shoot away my brother

04) Cherry-what what, in the butt. Punctual, detective like, aware. Town

05) Chief- He may be chief, but he ain't master OOOOHHHHH BURN Anyways, not a lot of people like him, and it kind of fits to just get rid of him. Null for me, but idc if he lives or dies honestly.

08) Chrissy- Gives off air headedness. Idk if thats a roleplay thing, or they just are that way. I get a gut feeling there's sincere playing coming from this slot. Town

09) Fauna- Living on a quote is your theme song. Very much centered on quoting and reacting off of people. I don't like it. wolf lean

10) Flurry- doing ISO's. asking questions, doing the twglords work. Town.

11) Julian- The other wolf 1 or 2. Adds nonsense constantly. A lot of fluff, and not a lot of not fluff. Very reacty like, doesn't push in a good way. Caused 2 pr's to come out. Very diligent on topics that don't matter.

12) Maple- Hi, yes. I am the key to win this game for town. UwU

13) Mathilda- Nothing really. Comes and goes, doesn't do much. Added a bit a times, but it wasn't anything we haven't discussed. hot take:town.

14) Eugene- I'm very touchy on you. I like that you are actually trying to make sense of things, and are CREATING content, unlike some people, but I worry you are a veteran wolf. Do I think you're a wolf, maybe. Town? Perhaps. Either way, no where near my chopping block, because if it comes down to it, you'll crack eventually if you're wolf.

15) Molly- Can just go. Maybe too busy to play? Nothing here. Null

16) Phil- Not too much of a fan, but he's pushing is own accord which I do myself. so based on judging them by judging me. Town.

17) Punchy- Gives me very cocky vibes. Done a lot of work. Proceeds to keep it that way when they can. Town

18) Rolf- Has been very lost at times, I think they are trying to play the game, but don't have the time, and they throw what they can at us. Town lean

19) Tank- Whenever tank comes down to earth again, let him know he's null.
im not actually sure i like as much as I did in the moment buuut it seems both thorough and to have idgaf energy
at the same time
which I dont tend to get from wolves as much
phil read, mathilda, chief, chrissy reads seem towny. i def doubt w/w with mathilda
"Caused 2 pr's to come out." is stupid as a read
disagree with the entire rolf read
idg why hes voting eugene when his two wolf reads are prob easier to lynch
Old 03-14-2020, 04:10 PM   #2406
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
tank, having looked into molly a bit, what's your take on her?
regardless of alignment her style of play and reading speed unsustainable with game pace
thus going to continually be stuck on the sidelines and hard to read
ive asked her a few things that might help w that but who knows when she'll get to it lel
Old 03-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #2407
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
It originated as a roleplay, but it was easy to do as I post pretty close to this naturally. Now, you’ll have to excuse me if I’m a bit tilted to being angry the rest of my time here. Like I said, I’ve been getting tunneled since day zero by the top town, and it’s a tad difficult to deal with when it boils to say, my tone, or this one particular vote that was, I am pretty sure, a mechanically called for vote. My vote on Zucker is not opportunistic. It’s the mechanically correct choice every time. Don’t act like it’s more than that. This is obvious. My vote on Dora was solid. I stand by my play this game, and if you’d like to start throwing the game, you are welcome to I suppose.
You need either new reads or game content outside of that.
I don't think how you voted was that bad.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #2408
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Wish I could've spent more time on my reads list but unfortunately can't sorry guys but at least I managed to get something posted
I'm having a big internal debate about if it's fabricated or not.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #2409
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Anyway I would like to think that we can trust Dora's reads more so than not. I really don't think they would set us up for failure when she wanted to live to help lynch the wolves
I will be checking these out later today, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
im of the opinion that flurry shouldn't be thought of as a wolf basically at all for the next like

four? ok fine three

day phases

for their movement towards Zucker

yes I know it could be a bus, and wolves apparently do like to do that, even in anon games, historically

just felt natural and I think the part about how they wanted to pretend that people just didn't know how to read them didn't feel like a wolf getting pressure

so no, we didn't have them in common
I'll reread Flurry, but I still think my points stand about them being a bit wolfy with the whole "thunderdome me" comment and the "I'm just gonna do nothing today since Dora is gonna be solved" mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
This is a win-win. IF Boomer shoots another vest we get ourselves a wolf. If he was blocked and tells us who he shot we work around that shot and figure out why they aren't dead.
I think trying to piece together why someone isn't dead is a fool's errand. You're gonna be trying to find out "who would benefit from Boomer not shooting," but if the wolves don't know Boomer's shots, then what's the point? Then you have the whole "does RB get notified" discussion and so on and so forth, and by the time you get to the end, you end up just as confused as to where you were in the beginning. Much like what I'll be doing today, ISOing people at this point is probably the best way to go to find out information rather than always looking at the night kill, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I'm sorry I'm really tired and realize that what I'm saying here makes no sense so I'll make it simpler for myself

Flurry do you think it's impossible that Boomer hit two vests back to back?
So yes, this kind of thinking isn't gonna help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff
Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
I took the liberty of deleting the reads that I didn't have a problem with (not that I fully agree with some of the ones I deleted, I'm just purging the ones I don't have a reason to be suspect).

-Tank isn't really uh, specific enough for me, mrmpht. What analysis did they do that made you like them? This is a skeleton read, not a full flesh-and-blood read, if you get me. (Personally, I'm going to sheep Cherry on this one for now)
-I don't really see why you put the mention of Phil having mechanical knowledge as a point to read him town, mrmpht. That's something that people can do regardless of alignment, so it's an unnecessary addition to that read. Saying his game is never scum is also weird to see as he is in your town lean, not in your town pool. Hmm. I do agree with you on the roleblocker thing, though.
-Okay, I lied, I think the point you brought up about Maple bringing up leaving the acq alive is a more town-centered idea. As for their other posts, this is one that I'll probably read through today as well.
-See my response to Phil for my thoughts on Flurry. I still think they're too passive and have done silly things.
-And me? Come on, I feel like people have been regurgitating this read all game about this being a town/wolf strategy. I can't change the way I play, mrmpht. I'm just me, ok!! Which questions do you think I haven't been following through enough, hm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
still planning on doing more of these but dear god that was painful
Thank you. I'm gonna hold onto this read you have on Tank for now and revisit it in the future.

Quote:
fuckin same here what what

i absolutely believe that boomer got blocked but we shouldn't discount the possibility that they stacked del. please don't claim pr if you are one when the pressure isn't even that hard on you right now
Why would wolves stack Del if they knew he was dying, mrmpht? That's like getting two glasses of water for dinner because you know you'd finish one relatively quickly, but by the time you get to the second glass, it's already room temperature.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #2410
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Heading to the store for like 10 and then I'll be back for the rest of the night. I look forward to getting to talk to people in real time during the quarantine, mrmpht!
Old 03-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #2411
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
town:
-fauna: can't really say why i feel this way but as the game's gone on it's how i've felt and i've accepted it

-eugene: hard to fake this activity level and interest in the game. don't think a wolf would sacrifice sleep and end up napping on the bus just to appear towny

-phil: good activity, good tone, good reads. seems town to me

leaning town:
-chrissy: everything i've seen from chrissy i've generally liked. seems legit and thoughtful (my tinfoil theory about them roleplaying an inexperienced player is probably wrong). my main points of contention are the dotty slot not posting once before being replaced, and also them providing a lot of updates about where they are and what they're doing and when they'll be on and this and that. it's helpful to town, but it might be overkill too, like a wolf trying hard to say don't suspect me, this is what i'm doing! but ultimately i'm leaning town

-apollo: them pushing against boomer's vigi claim seemed very townie. it's a weak read but it feels right

-maple: similar to apollo, it's based off of them bringing up why they didn't feel the need to vote or throw themselves into the fray last eod. seems townie.

-chief: that anger at being accused strikes me the same as what del did/continues to do to me. seems genuine. i buy their reasoning over dora's for why they switched onto zucker at eod too

-punchy: we're mindmelding on quite a few points. if not for that they'd be in null because their posts, like cherry's, could absolutely 100% be done as a wolf. hopefully i'm not being pocketed!

null:
-agent s: really don't know what to think. from my perspective they're wrong, and i think i'm a good mislynch target for the wolves. if you lynch me you can easily say "well it could've gone either way" (even though my activity and confidence level should scream townie!). ignoring apollo's acquisitioner jabs is still weird too. but despite all that, i'm not seeing anything necessarily wolfy in them either. just really really tough to get a hold on.

-mathilda: legit thought they were the acquisitioner. no idea now. very WIFOM in that would a wolf play so sketchy and low activity? i also don't get the same genuine tone in their anger/annoyance that i get from chief

leaning wolf:
-cherry: hasn't played in a way that screams town or wolf per se, but in general i haven't felt like their reads and takes have aligned with mine and i don't like that. there's also process of elimination to factor in too, which is why they're here.

-rolf: of everyone hard-defending me, he seems the most opportunistic ("see! i told you he was town!"), and he seems a lot quieter today, possibly due to the night actions not going wolves' way last night. however, i don't think tank and rolf are w/w given their extended argument last eod. it's possible, but not likely

wolf:
-tank: what i said before, where they're in their own world or bubble and out of step with the thread

-molly: i was satisfied with their response to my push the first phase, but the big effortpost (which is so much easier for a wolf to make compared to interacting with people) mixed with the "ask me questions!" stuff makes too much a pattern for me to read any other way. they were also kinda frozen last eod

-flurry: already talked about it, won't get into it again
Was lookin for your thoughts on Molly but just gonna leave the whole list in case it sparks somethin ig
p much agree with your takes there, think it's mildly wolfy to go quiet eod1 esp since what she was waiting on with del is eh

actually im a bit confused on your mathilda read, when did they start sounding genuine to you?
Old 03-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #2412
TWG Tank
FFR Player

[quote=TWG Julian;4719092]thoughts

Quote:
mathilda is a tough nut to crack. the defensiveness and anger seems reasonably genuine to me. it's like how innocent people react when they're grilled in a police interrogation. outside of that, though, there's not much to read them town for. only reason i wouldn't want to lynch them today is because of that one post they made. better safe than sorry. chief/molly are solid leads, and we can give mathilda the benefit of the doubt for at least one more phase. we should wait for them to be around to defend themselves come eod, unless of course a pattern arises where they disappear at conveniently critical moments. then it's lynch time!
I f'd the tag up but it was part of big post^
Old 03-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #2413
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Meow
Old 03-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #2414
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I was planning my night around being present for EOD this evening but I don't think this is going to be possible as I found out 10 minutes ago that I'm hosting someone at my house for the night.

I'm going to TRY to be around but expect a severe drop in activity from me today. I'll pick up the pace again next phase
Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #2415
TWG Chief
FFR Player

Quote:
nope still not buying this what what

it'd really behoove you to actually explain WHY it's the mechanically correct choice and not opportunistic as fuck instead of calling everyone idiots for reading you scum for it
Justify not trying to save the cop to me, come on, do your best. Justify it where I am not a hypocrite for trying to push a player who wasn’t a main wagon. I might be antagonistic, but I am not stupid enough to allow you to try and force me into that.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #2416
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
I'll reread Flurry, but I still think my points stand about them being a bit wolfy with the whole "thunderdome me" comment and the "I'm just gonna do nothing today since Dora is gonna be solved" mindset.
I posted the former because I couldn't read cherry then I sort of got nowhere and backed off.

Doing nothing mentality was to confirm if Dora was Acqui or bulletproof wolf messing around.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #2417
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Justify not trying to save the cop to me, come on, do your best. Justify it where I am not a hypocrite for trying to push a player who wasn’t a main wagon. I might be antagonistic, but I am not stupid enough to allow you to try and force me into that.
Sometimes, it's as simple as you're getting pushed by a wolf because you looked like an easy target.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #2418
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
at the point where you changed your vote the cop was in no danger of being lynched. if you were a lot earlier on the zucker wagon or your initial vote was on del then you'd have a valid point but neither of these are true so you don't. the more you post like this the more i want you dead because you are being antagonistic and not helping solve the game whatsoever, just being mindlessly defensive and irritating. are you going to provide thoughts on anyone else, the game in general, or literally anything useful or are you going to keep trying to pick a fight with me what what
Old 03-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #2419
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

also you didn't even have to push or do much of anything, if you hadn't switched your vote at all we wouldn't be having this goddamn conversation what what
Old 03-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #2420
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Moving from Del to Zucker D0 is like never a bad move.

If anything, it makes the votes worthless and make you want to look elsewhere for alignment.

The problem is the lack of content elsewhere imo.
Closed Thread