Old 03-4-2011, 02:21 PM   #463
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phe0nixblade View Post
valve time? we'll be lucky to get it this lifetime.
Hey at least they don't release broken games like Treyarch.
Old 03-4-2011, 06:28 PM   #464
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
Hey at least they don't release broken games like Treyarch.
Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
Old 03-6-2011, 09:40 PM   #465
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

true example of situational building

yesterday I played a game where I went tank heimer. no idea how, but it worked really well

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 03-6-2011, 10:58 PM   #466
linky123456
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to linky123456 Send a message via Yahoo to linky123456

I did dps heimer a while ago, (like, six turret heim a while ago) and it worked stupidly well.
Old 03-7-2011, 10:13 PM   #467
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

The thing is, DPS Heimer can sorta work because the only skill of his that is actually lacking without AP is his rockets. His turrets provide armor shred, his ultimate gives AoE slow, and his grenade has a blind/stun. Plus it's hilarious watching him whip out so many wrenches in such short time.

Last edited by stargroup100; 03-9-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #468
vvav
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I play LoL occasionally, but IMO HoN is a LOT better. I can't take a game seriously when I have to play against people who start every game with better stats than I do just because they've been playing longer or paid Riot more money.

Also, every new champ is 6k. Want to play one of those shiny new heroes? Grind out 60 games, you poor sap. Or of course you could always come slip papa a couple bucks...

That said, my name on LoL is KudoKou. Throw me a request if you're interested.

I'm not good anymore.

Last edited by vvav; 03-12-2011 at 09:06 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #469
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Well, this thread seems to have lost its entertainment value since I left, so here I am again!

Still rockin' on-hit effects Miss Fortune (Malady, Bloodrazor, Black Cleaver) and bein' an absolute boss with Amumu.

Even though I don't build Nasus in accordance with what I've heard is the higher elo build (Sheen, Merc Treads, Banshee's, Randuin's, Force), I'm still doing extremely well with prioritizing a Trinity Force if I farm well enough and am not forced to "tank up." Granted, I still build tank items after my Trinity Force. His Q is ridiculous now. I really think it needs to be changed to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 damage per kill with it. 3 damage per kill from level 1 is just.... unnecessary.

I'm still on the fence about ranked games. After having a leaver and an Amumu go 2/8 (in less than 15 minutes) in back-to-back games, I'm a little wary of playing them. I had my hopes up when I rocked a game with Trundle, but elo hell reared its ugly little head and crushed my dreams.

Well, that's my update for this morning. I'll probably be back a little more often, like I was those few weeks ago.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #470
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
His Q is ridiculous now. I really think it needs to be changed to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 damage per kill with it. 3 damage per kill from level 1 is just.... unnecessary.

And Why do you think they changed it from 2 to 3? They changed it because for him to do any damage as a tank late game, it needed to be changed. If it scaled up how you said, then people would be forced to rank up there Q spell first over anything else because of how useless it would be late game. I mean yes you can still get the minion kills late game with nassus to build it up, But the thing is, late game, how often do you farm creeps compared to early game? Creep kills generally dont go on a flat scale from early-late game. Late game there is much more team fights, and trying to fight for creeps with your teammates. So it would be doing a considerable amount less damage compared to what it is now.

Quote:
I'm still on the fence about ranked games. After having a leaver and an Amumu go 2/8 (in less than 15 minutes) in back-to-back games, I'm a little wary of playing them. I had my hopes up when I rocked a game with Trundle, but elo hell reared its ugly little head and crushed my dreams.

The thing is, If you only do ranked games here and there, Do you expect to get out of ELO hell? Elo hell rankings is moving up steadily every day/week. In the first month or so that ranked games was released, elo hell was anything below 1350, Now elo hell is anything below 1450-1500ish, the longer you wait, the harder and harder it will be to try and get out
Quote:
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 AM   #471
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Dragun_x View Post
The thing is, If you only do ranked games here and there, Do you expect to get out of ELO hell? Elo hell rankings is moving up steadily every day/week. In the first month or so that ranked games was released, elo hell was anything below 1350, Now elo hell is anything below 1450-1500ish, the longer you wait, the harder and harder it will be to try and get out
Touche salesman, touche. At least you can see where I'm coming from?

I'm usually forced into the role of ranged carry, which I'm alright with - I'm usually forced into that role when I play with my friends, as everyone else seems to want to put their pants on their heads when it comes to playing a ranged DPS champion. I'll do well early and do my job mid, but it's hard to keep up in the late game when someone a team relies on, such as a tank, starts getting underlevelled.

I know, I can't put the full blame for a loss on one person. I know there's always room for myself to improve. It's just that a ranged carry sometimes needs a tank to hide behind if something goes wrong in a team fight =/.

If only Amumu weren't banned in every match I play, I'd be golden. =D
Old 03-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #472
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think Nocturne is going to join the list of "Champions banned in ranked games forever"
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #473
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
I think Nocturne is going to join the list of "Champions banned in ranked games forever"
No, at lower elo possibly, But the thing is, There are quite a few things that are IMBA with him, since he is a new champion, that they will most likely fix either next patch, or the following patch.

Quote:
I'm usually forced into the role of ranged carry, which I'm alright with - I'm usually forced into that role when I play with my friends, as everyone else seems to want to put their pants on their heads when it comes to playing a ranged DPS champion. I'll do well early and do my job mid, but it's hard to keep up in the late game when someone a team relies on, such as a tank, starts getting underlevelled.
The thing is though, if you see that your teammate is getting a bit underleveled, its your job as a solo mid ranged champion to gank them. Yes it is also the job of the jungler (witch you should have) But you helping out at around 6-9 will help a considerable amount as well. Getting the tank a kill/assist will help out considerably, since the person they were laning against will now have a exp disadvantage and a gold disadvantage. Or if the person cant handle the lane, have someone from the opposite side (top to bot, or bot to top) recall and get some items/swap with the person. so you wont have that issue

Quote:
I know, I can't put the full blame for a loss on one person. I know there's always room for myself to improve. It's just that a ranged carry sometimes needs a tank to hide behind if something goes wrong in a team fight =/.
Or you just need to learn to stay back a bit more. That is one of my main problems, is that i like to be in the fight from the start, if not a few seconds later. But the thing is, i die alot because of it. You shouldent be right there in the start of the fight as a ranged carry, But join in after you see some of the main cd's be blown. Like a few stuns/silences/ults, that will give you enough time to run from the side/behind and be able to get a few shots in on there carry's before anyone has time to react. And thus giving you a great advantage. As a ranged carry, Placement is a higher priority then your damage. If you can learn to kite/place yourself like a pro. Then your dps shouldent matter. Because you will not get hit nearly as much. thus giving you more time to do damage.

Quote:
If only Amumu weren't banned in every match I play, I'd be golden. =D

Yes this is true, But when you get to higher elo's he isnt banned every game. They start to ban champion's that are a higher threat to there comp. Like rammus for a counter jungle, malphite if they are going AD heavy, olaf for the true damage/jungle, and so on.

If you cant get amumu, then try and go for malphite. He is a very, very, very good counter to ANY physical damage carry. Go with this item build if they are physical/burst heavy
And go with this item build if they are AP/sustained damage heavy

And if they are about even on both, Go with this build
Or at least those are guidelines. Get the chalice first on the item builds that have it, and if they dont, get one of the items with mana first.

And as far as skilling goes. Max out your Q asap. since its the best harass, and the best for killing people, since at level 9, a 300ish damage harass is pretty dumb, along with the slow. Then get 1 rank of W at 4, and 1 rank of E at 2, then grab your ult asap, and max out your E first. then your W last. Make sure you use your W before your E spell, Since it increases your armor/damage on your E spell.

*Edit* The reason why malph is the best counter to physical dps champions, is because he can lower there attack speed by 105% with a frozen heart, randouin's omen, and his E spell. Its kinda stupid... Seeing as how if a ranged champ only has berserker greaves, as far as attack speed goes, they will be sitting at about .2-.3 attack speed :3 its funny to watch someone attack 1ce every 5 seconds XD
Quote:

Last edited by x_Dragun_x; 03-18-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #474
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Oh, none of the people laning on my teams have ever been the ones getting underlevelled. It's always been the jungler (I can say always - I've only had to suffer 9 ranked losses >.>). I understand placement and how to time entering a fight. It's not often that I get to play a champ that can take a few hits =P.

Me going around ganking isn't the issue. I can net teammates kills and have us suffer minimal damage, or be able to stay and hold the lane while someone goes back to heal. It's the jungler that will attempt a gank while I'm not even near them, or while the people in the lane he's ganking (teammates) are unprepared / unable to dedicate to a gank (low health / mana). Honestly, it's not even early that things start to go awry - it's usually around levels 11-13 that things will fall off.

I'll take a look at the Malphite builds you linked tomorrow, but I do have a fairly good grasp on him. Sadly, he's another tank that I see get banned pretty regularly (usually first ban, actually). If I were more consistent with Rammus and Shen, I'd play them, but I don't trust myself to play them in ranked just yet. I can't really play Singed as effectively anymore, and I don't know why. =/

Believe me here - I've been analyzing my play-style a little more carefully lately. Most of what you've mentioned, I've already been working on. I'm starting to see an improvement overall, but I still have a ways to go. My hat is off to you for the further input.

Edit: So anyway, a tribute to my Malphite (game is still in play history) - I played him for the first time in many a week and I go 13-3-15 or so. Great record, right? Not when my friend who, knowing he's generally miserable with ranged DPS, decides to try Miss Fortune. He finished 7-14. I was able to get into a team-fight and do my thing - even throwing rocks at their biggest threats to allow our team more time to move from them if they had to. At one point, I chased a Lux from our base out to near the dragon spawn, realized the 3 people that we killed had respawned, then ran back to base - Garen was on me the entire time, even out to dragon.

.... then I play Ashe and go up against a team of Rammus, Shen, Nasus, Gragas, and Vlad. We built what % based damage items we could, but that was just a rough team to engage in fights, and even difficult to gank because of Shen and a couple teleports.

*sigh* =(

Last edited by masterhickle; 03-20-2011 at 05:01 AM..
Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #475
vemuck
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

if there is one thing i must contribute it is that lux is awesome

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWEFLKJAEWFLKAEWJFLAWEKFJAWEIFEFFFFFFFFFUFUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAFDJKAFLSDLKDSFJFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*triple kill*

that is all.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #476
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Mordekaiser is one of those champs that's better at lower elos, isn't he? Even though I was first blood in the game (ranked, "protecting" our Rammus at blue and got jumped by ALL of the enemy team), I finished 14/2/7 with 7 turret kills and being a big part of the push to bring down every other turret.

If Morde is still good at higher elos, I'd like to continue playing him - if not, I'll move on to other champs.

Edit - ****ing finally, Malphite wasn't banned and I was able to play him. He's such a good tank... so good.

Last edited by masterhickle; 03-21-2011 at 08:13 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #477
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Mordekaiser is in general one of the worst champions in the game because theoretically he lacks basically everything.

He doesn't have any crowd control whatsoever, his damage is terrible, and he can't jungle. He can't fill any role at all. The only thing he can do is push really hard in the laning phase and eat all of the farm and experience.

The only case where I can see him being viable is if there is a hard carry on the enemy team, and Mordekaiser manages to successfully control its ghost. However, the problem with that is that if Mordekaiser could kill the carry with his ult, chances are your team would've won that teamfight anyways.

However, he is very good at low ELO's for obvious reasons. You're tanky and unstoppable, allowing you to dish out some very nice psychological warfare. Your enemies will also most likely eat a lot of harassment from your spells, and if you're good, you can take advantage of the openings and weaknesses in their play and get fed. ANY champion can be unstoppable if they're fed hard enough.

So the question is, if you like Mordekaiser, how good do you actually think you are? I have a friend who is pretty high in ranked solo queue ELO, and has a very nice w/l ratio with him, but that's because he's quite skilled. There is also at least one person out there that almost exclusively plays Mordekaiser and is high ELO. If you think you can pull that off, by all means use him, but just remember that he doesn't actually bring any real value to a team in terms of utility or role.

Last edited by stargroup100; 03-23-2011 at 11:10 AM..
Old 03-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #478
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

morde is still one of my top 3 champs, fun as all hell and as sg said he's unstoppable when fed and sure he does crap damage but that crap damage hitting you over and over adds up and then when i ghost/ignite your carry? gg thanks for the kills from your carry
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #479
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I agree 100% that Morde doesn't really bring much to the team.... he's just kinda there, but he won't go away. Unless you bring him down quickly, his team is going to bring you down. If you let him go on in a fight for too long, his continuous poking at you is going to take its toll.

I think his best utility comes with a Rylai's. His ult provides a nice, long slow on the target, and his shield provides a good defense / slow for your best chaser on that one guy that's getting away.

Maybe things are going to start looking better for me in ranked - I have friends that want to duo queue with me, so I'll be trying my luck there..
Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #480
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Fights should not take long enough for Mordekaiser to be able to do significant damage unless he's particularly fed.

Unless he's building AP, which more than likely makes him squishy, depending on his stats. You should obviously ignore him if he's building tank, but if he's building AP it's up to your team to decide how worthy he is of focus. Most likely, he will still not be worth focusing, but that's a case by case judgment.

Closed Thread