Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-4-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
180digi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 180digi
Default School Shootings/Gun Scares

It was pretty interesting at school today; something happened that probably hasn't happened in a long time. It started like every other normal day and then all of a sudden during the middle of 2nd period they started calling a lot of people down to the main office. It was then that I heard from a few others in my 2nd per. class that there was supposed to be some kind of school shooting to take place during the pep rally sheduled at the end of the day. Now, this was the first I had heard about what was supposed to take place, but apparently there were plenty of people who had already known about it seeing as how I found out from my classmates. During and by the end of third period class there were ten out of twenty-twenty five or so in the class because parents were showing up to pick up their kids and take them home. All of our cellphones were worthless because the school, being on top of a large hill, gets almost no service whatsoever; I think you can get half or even full bars if you walk to the edge of the parking lots. It was kind of funny; eight or so of us were taking turns using this one girl's cellphone that was the only one in the group that had any service. My parents didnt answer the phone when i tried on my classmate's cell, and I didn't get through to my mom until Period 6B(a little after 12 noon) because the teachers were told not to let us out of class for anything.

I'm still not sure exactly what what was supposed to happen. I heard that there was this girl in seventh grade who was going to shoot people on this kind of hit-list she had that was composed of five or so people, and then she was to commit suicide. Obviously, with all the kids getting pulled out, it was impossible for her to pull it off, and i heard that they confronted her and that the police have the list. Apparently, the reason that the word was let out was because the girl posted all about what she was going to do today on her myspace blog or something, which, although not a very smart move in the slightest bit, proved to be a good thing. I think its interesting because i've never really been in a situation like this due to the small size of my school. By noontime, there were maybe a hundred out of five hundred or so students still in school. My Spanish teacher told us(there were only four of us in that class at the time) that something like this hadn't happened in many years, probably going back to Martin Luther King days, with racism and black rights.

I am however glad that they decided to take it so seriously, seeing as how many incidents have happened lately, that is referring to the man who killed those little girls in the Amish country school. I think I saw on Nightline that there have been just under 20 or so serious incidents involving schools and shootings, a moderate fraction of which have been fatal. I can't quite imagine the reason behind this, either.

I'm not entirely into the idea of going to school tomorrow but my parents probably wouldn't let me stay home; and besides that I have a soccer game tomorrow so i'll be in at least some trouble if I don't show up..
Old 10-4-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
dunlop
FFR Player

Default Re: School Shootings/Gun Scares

That's good to know your school took the thing very seriously, and that kids were leaving. After what has happened in the past week, you shouldn't take this lightly. I'm surprised that the school just didn't take everyone else home. Seeing that there was hardly anyone left.

PS. When I was in the 8th grade, some weird kid (he threw a trumpet at a teacher and a desk at a student that year) came up right up to me and said he was going to shoot me the next day. For some reason I just laughed and walked away thinking he was totally joking. My friends were with me and told the teacher closest to us, and I believe he got suspended for a few days. Luckily he was joking though.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.

Old 10-4-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

Right after Yom Kippur?

Doesn't surprise me.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
Old 10-4-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

There was a big gang fight at my school during the beginning.

One of the members threatened the other gang that they were going to come to back to the school and, "light this bitch up". 5 people got tasered, 5 arrested, and at the homecoming football game there was a police helicopter flying around overhead the entire game and 1 hour after it.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Old 10-4-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

All the copy-cats. They're like "looks like its a good time for me to do this because everyone else is!"

I'm scared its going to happen at my house. Like...what if I DIED? That would suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 10-4-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
jbr7
FFR Player

Yeah, my school has had about 4 threats from some unknown kid saying, via bathroom walls, that he's going to blow it to pieces. We're all pretty sure it's a freshman, because it hasn't happened before this year.

There's a $1000 reward for anyone who rats him out. I hope someone tells on him (her...?), because sitting in the baking sun for 3 hours every few days is getting to be a pain.
Old 10-4-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
natetheffrer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to natetheffrer

our power went out in homeroom

came on like 30 seconds later

then my global teacher dident show up so most of the people in the class roamed the halls.
Old 10-4-2006, 08:13 PM   #8
_A2P
Banned

Send a message via AIM to _A2P

God damn, everyone wants to be just like Columbine

Good thing our security doesn't take **** from anyone at my school.
Old 10-4-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

We HAVE no security.

Quote:
Quote:
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 10-4-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
shrimpy
FFR Player

This big man walks around school as our security guard and scares the **** out of us the whole time.
Old 10-4-2006, 11:14 PM   #11
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

Man, my school was offering like $250 for imformation on people tagging the school. Man, i was tepted to just BS it, so i could have some monies. But kids are always doing stuff like that at my shool. The fire alarms are pulled like twice a month and there's threats and tagging. but nobody actually cares.
Old 10-5-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

Last year, some kid brought a pistol to school and was gonna shoot up some teachers. They caught him after he pulled the gun and ran to an isolated spot in the building.

The year before that, some crazy kid who's in AE now brought a hunting knife and a dagger thing to school to attack a teacher. The principal heard about it really quick from someone and he searched his locker and found them.

That's pretty much everything that's ever happened to me in school. Fights happen every day and they are fining like 508 dollars per fight now. I just saw a fight today. Some nerd kid and this huge ass mother****ing football player went at it. Needless to say the nerd existed no more.

That amish thing. That happened a few hours away. I've seen it on the new before. But yes, school shootings and gang rapings are happening more.
Old 10-5-2006, 05:52 PM   #13
JKPolk
tool

Send a message via AIM to JKPolk Send a message via Skype™ to JKPolk

The Amish shootings were less than an hour from my house in PA. It's weird that it was so close to home. The fact that it was done by a milkman is even scarier... we still have our milk delivered =X
Old 10-5-2006, 06:05 PM   #14
eurostud4
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eurostud4

We are watching Bowling for Columbine with Michael Moore in my government class because we've been discussing the second amendment. That was the first time I heard about that Buell elementary school shooting. A freaking 6-year-old shot someone, that's insane. It makes me feel good that my school is actually really safe, except about 4/5ths of my school smokes pot
Old 10-5-2006, 06:07 PM   #15
shrimpy
FFR Player

I hear in Japan, it's even worse. The Japanese kids are doing really bad things to each other.
Old 10-5-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Maybe if all of our schools were on pot, no one would shoot eachother.

I THINK I JUST FOUND THE THE SOLUTION FOR WORLD PEACE

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-5-2006, 06:25 PM   #17
Dragula219
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurostud4 View Post
It makes me feel good that my school is actually really safe, except about 4/5ths of my school smokes pot
That's why it's safe. Stoners don't shoot people, because they are not morons.

Anyway, At my high school a couple years ago, there was this new junior that was extremely racist. He we around yelling his arian brotherhood and white power ****. He even called one of my very good black friends a "A slave n**ger piece of ****" to his face, for no other reason than the fact he was black. Now, My school is extremely liberal and none of the students will tolerate that ****. The staff wouldn't do a damn thing about it, so that same friend took the situation into his own hands. He brought a aluminum baseball bat to school, waited until our last class got out (because my school had very strict rules about fighting on campus), walked down to the sidewalk where all the country kids dip and drink after school, and he proceeded to bash that mother-****er's head in. The kid ended up with brian damage, but I have no clue how his brain could be more messed up than it was before he got hit. And I'm glad my friend did it, he went to JDC for over a year, and we had a party for him when he got out.

Sometimes the victims deserve it. Although it's normally just idiots who want attention.
Old 10-5-2006, 06:33 PM   #18
Kairi_and_Sora789
FFR Player

That shooting was really sad.

During 8th period the prinicpal came around and handed out notices that were saying "How you can tell your child (they still consider us 13 year-olds kids) about tragic events"

It kinda felt like 9/11 all over again.

Which was horrible.

****ing terrorists.

~
Old 10-5-2006, 06:38 PM   #19
DDRcrazy5
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to DDRcrazy5

First everybody took it serioiusly at my school, cuz we also had a shooting next to us in Montreal at Dawson's college.This month is like shooting month so much students dying , so sad.
Also for the the shhoting we thought it was because the girl hated jews because it was just after Yom Kippur and im in a jewish school.

Rumors is that the girl was emo.
Old 10-5-2006, 06:46 PM   #20
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

I thought the shooter at Dawson College was a male.

In fact, I'm certain the Dawson College shooter was a male.

What are you talking about?
Closed Thread