Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2009, 04:03 AM   #921
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Whats up how is everyone? Been busy with WoW. Guild ran 10m ulduar this week dunno how far they got... been at college during the night. So ya here is my char http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Ninjamonkey . We are gonna try to do a 25m ulduar tuesday, im totally excited! How is everybody else's progress?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #922
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

We downed the first boss in Ulduar last night. Then we wiped on trash before Razorscale so we decided to skip it. Then we tried Razorscale and got raped. Same with the mechanical guy.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #923
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I was prepared to pay for the dual specs on all my characters, but I'm not completely sure what to dual spec into on all of them. =[

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #924
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

My guild has downed Flame Leviathon and Razorscale, the tank gun dropped off Razorscale and your's truly got it(yay for having the most DKP on the warriors 8D).

Haven't tried Ignis yet, but the guild is trying a new strategy on XT-200. I'm loving this new content, it's just if everyone in my guild could wake the **** up when trying to progress, I'd be very happy.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #925
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Despite some of the negative reviews on Flame Leviathan being a vehicle fight, I enjoyed it. It was definitely full of action and chaos, the way I like my fights. I was riding the Chopper this time, but I definitely have to try the other two in the weeks to come.

~Tsugomaru
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #926
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

We got Flame Leviathan and Razorscale down Thursday evening. Got a few attempts on Ignis but he's a dick/bugged and couldn't down him before the raid was over.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #927
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
yay for having the most DKP on the warriors
DKP = Gquit
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #928
emo X
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

any one doing arms for dps now? i cant seem to figure it out being the only warrior in the guild ive been trying to keep up sunders rend and demo shout while doing my rotation but when i fought deconstructer this week i only could put out 2.3k. should i just give up on sunders and demo or should i keep doing fury despite the nerf?

- Zaelot 80 warrior staghelm
-mythrindil 70 pally staghelm

if u want to add me to that lil list up there ^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #929
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Get rid of sunder and demo from your rotation, you're eating up rage you really shouldn't be spending. Have one of the rogues use their armor reducing skill(forget what it's called).

Because slam has been "broken"(In BC it used to reset the swing timer, now it pauses it), the cycle I recommend is; charge, mortal strike, rend, wait for a white swing, slam twice, white hit, slam twice, white hit(heroic strike if you have the rage), mortal strike, renew rend, white hit, slam twice. Hit Overpower EVERYTIME you can use it. Pop Bladestorm everytime it's off cool down. Same with Sudden Death. When your guild is ready for heroism, use Heroic Shatter. It stacks with Sunder Armor giving a total of 40% armor penetration for all the physical damage dealers(on top of the 4% physical damage buff form Blood Frenzy).

Arms is based off proccing as many instant hits as possible. You HAVE to keep rend up for this to be effective because Blood Frenzy is always up on a bleed effect. On top of everytime Rend does damage your next Overpower is FREE and the cooldown is refreshed.

Make sure you're either Mace or Pole Axe, Sword spec is ugly as hell because you can easily waste the internal GCD on it on a crappy white hit and have to wait 6 seconds until you can get the 5% chance to proc another hit.

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 04-18-2009 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #930
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Double post lawlz...

Fury still does good DPS, it's just you're not as OPd as you once were.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #931
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

So we abandoned the guild we were running with and started running with a new group.

Night 1: Arachnid, no wipes. Plague, no wipes. Construct, fine until Gluth. Nobody knew how to kite well. Got it eventually. Move to Thadd, lots of wipes, call it a night.

Night 2: Several more wipes on Thadd mainly due to the enrage timer. The last attempt, the enrage timer goes off and we win about 20 seconds later. Move to Military (which we saved for last because we had no Priests), wipe on Raz a lot. Apparently the hunter trick no longer works. One of the DPS is like 'hey guys i have a priest if you need one'. ...YES WE NEED ONE WHERE WERE YOU FOUR HOURS AGO DAMMIT. So once they get practice with that he goes down no problem. I switched to Resto for this fight to heal the adds and was top heals. Whoo.

Night 3: Finish Military with no problems. Down Sapph first try (the rogue had to go before the fight and, wouldn't you know it, all rogue stuff drops). Lots of talking before KT. People still fail. We wipe. Lots more talking. People afk. We kick them and bring in more people. These people who were there for one fight were the ones to win most of the loot. Sigh.

Blizz likes to torment me. My best-in-slot mace has mp5 on it, so I can't roll until every single damn healer has one already. And yes, it did drop.

This is what I hate though. Of all the rings and cloaks that exist in naxx, only one of each is properly itemized for me, and the ring only comes from KT. This trend is even worse in ulduar from what I've seen so far. I've been using a crafted ring and a heroic ring for months now, because there's just nothing better that's feasibly better.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-19-2009 at 11:53 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #932
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

Guild decided to wait until tuesday to attempt anything in Ulduar. Mostly because we've heard there are a lot of bugs to the bosses and hope that some will be fixed by next week.

Did Sarth 2D 10, Naxx 10, Vault (both bosses) 10 and 25 and Sarth (no drakes) 25 this week. Tired of doin the same raids over and over and really can't wait to start progression material again.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #933
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Squeek, I pugged Naxx last night with about 5 people from the same guild and the rest random friends/players.

We finished in a little over 4 hours and only wiped once on thaddius.

And we pugged the Heroic Safety Dance achievement.

All you need to do is keep a running tab in your head of good guilds/players and terrible ones. And if you see a pug with a bunch of terrible people, drop it.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #934
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sadly there aren't very many horde on my server so finding good players who run outside of their own guilds is damn near impossible. We just join guilds who can only manage like 15 or so of their own guys since they don't have 50+ people.

In other news, I finished the Argent Tournament only to discover you need an additional 20 days to do it with the other four factions. Blizzard really didn't want to make this convenient for anyone, it seems. 28 days total of grinding boring-ass cross-continent dailies.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #935
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
My best-in-slot mace has mp5 on it, so I can't roll until every single damn healer has one already. And yes, it did drop.
If someone told me that I wasn't allowed to roll on my best-in-slot anything until some other group of people already had it, they would go directly onto my "jackass, don't run with" list.

It's your BEST POSSIBLE DROP, that means it is ABSOLUTELY something you should be rolling on from day one.

Man, you guys run with a lot of idiots.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #936
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Devonin, you forget that we play with a lot of 14-17 year olds who make up rules without thinking about them. I really hate my guild rule saying that you don't have loot priority if you did low dps. I understand they don't want to give loot to people who can't do a lot of dps, but part of the reason they're doing low dps is because they don't have gear in the first place.

Oh yah, another proof that Naxx has a lot to do with skill versus gear is that our guild recently did an alt Naxx where most of our alts were in half epics to no epics at all and we cleared two wings while wiping only 3 times on the first boss of the Spider Wing because our alt tank kept stepping into the slime.

~Tsugomaru
Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #937
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Devo, I'm the one who decided not to roll. Nobody told me I wasn't allowed to.

If I see an item with mp5 or spirit on it and a healer rolls, I'm going to let them roll. Why? Because the two most important roles in a raid are the tank and healers. There are only two fights that DPS truly matters for, and it's not a big deal at all so long as they're intelligent enough to do it.

Now, our warrior was the one who got shafted. He was excited about dual specs because he had been tanking forever and wanted to DPS. He tanked some fights along the way but he was mainly there as DPS. The shield dropped from Kel and he won the roll. They didn't let him keep it because he was DPS for most of the time, even though he tanked KT.

Then he gquit. He complained that he thought we were a 10-man raiding guild and that we were turning our focus on 25-man raids too much, citing that I personally cared more about loot than guild runs. Which is true. The loot from naxx10 is the same ilevel as the epics from Heroics. Why even run it other than because there was nothing else to do before Ulduar? There are like 3 items per class in naxx10 that are upgrades if you have everything from Heroics already (not including KT since he drops higher ilevel in 10man).

For a fight like Flame Leviathan that is 100% dependent on the ilevel of your items, why wouldn't you want higher ilevel items to make it easier?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #938
tsugomaru
FFR Player

We cleared the Plague wing today and this time, most of us were half epicced out. We died on Heigan three times and then earned the achievement for the Safety Dance. It was different because there was a complete role reversal. Most of the people who played melee were now ranged and most of the people who played ranged were now melee. It sucks that the only people who died were the ranged folk. How does that happen? But yah, the dance is easy for the melee people as well and tanking it isn't too hard either.

We couldn't clear the rest of Naxx because people had to leave, but I think we could most definitely do it.

~Tsugomaru
Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #939
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
It sucks that the only people who died were the ranged folk. How does that happen?
Melee gets used to safe spot boundaries during phase 1 but ranged doesn't have that practice.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #940
tsugomaru
FFR Player

But unless you can down Heigan in one pass, your range players will get to do the dance. My main is a priest and I've never once died to the slime burst before.

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that the same people who died as melee died as ranged. So it's a people problem, not the fact that the person is melee or ranged.

~Tsugomaru

Last edited by tsugomaru; 04-20-2009 at 08:50 PM..