Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2024, 11:42 AM   #401
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG Turbo 35: A Small Gathering [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze with a Z View Post
I assumed that if the cop claim was real they’d die sometime by f3 regardless tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
PMs will look like this
------------------------------
Vanilla Town: Good Evening, and welcome to this small gathering ____. You are a Vanilla Town and as such, you have no powers. Only your voice and your vote.

Your win condition is to seek out and eliminate the wolf among you
------------------------------
Seer: Good Evening and welcome to this small gathering ___. You are the Seer. As such, you will be granted a little more insight to the identities of the other players. Each night you will submit to me a name of one of the players via Discord, or PM. Before the next phase I shall reveal to you the role of the individual you have asked of me. Failure to do so will result in no information being given to you.

Your win condition is the same as a Vanilla Town, seek out and eliminate the wolf among you
------------------------------------------------------------
Wolf: Good Evening, and welcome to this small gathering ___. You are a Role-Blocking Wolf. It is your job to blend in with the town and eliminate them one by one during the day. During the night you will also submit a factional kill to eliminate another.
You will have access to a wolf chat to select who you kill during the night.(Discord link will be posted in PMs)

Your win condition is to eliminate town to a point where there an equal amount of town remaining.
While it is true that most FFR games don't allow targets to be the same two nights in a row, that doesn't seem like it's the case here

Meaning wolf coulda hugged Roundbox all the way to F3 and gotten the freest of mislynches

I think wolf really didn't want Round to have any more time in the kitchen to cook, and here in a short bit I'll ISO Round and see what ingredients he had

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 11:46 AM   #402
mellon_collie
FFR Player

I had a feeling about Zenith, and Roundbox attempted to yolo onto Zenith at the end there. Think I would like to focus on Zenith at least for the first part of the phase
mellon_collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 11:48 AM   #403
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
I assumed XelNya would CC if they were the cop. The self-vote was basically an admission that they weren't seer. Besides, I don't want to encourage a massclaim at D1, the Seer should've had cover if they weren't about to be lynched
Why would you make that assumption about Xel but didn't trust Roundbox enough in the same manner?

I am use to towns pointing out votes and declaring intent as a way to alert people if they need to claim or not. What I saw was that you noticed Round could be a wagon and aggressively threatened him to claim without any regard of who else was in that situation

To be clear I would and still agree with the vote and the gesture of giving him time to claim but the way you went about it rubbed me extremely wrong. It felt like he was already at -1 and you where making it clear he died there without a claim

Old 03-1-2024, 11:49 AM   #404
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I hate all of you for the way EoD went and lack of clearheadedness that landed us down two town (and our PR, thanks!), even more pissed at Xel for going "I'm VT it doesn't matter" and self-votes himself instead of trying. I'm taking the moment to parse through Xel/Roundbox and seeing what jumps out at me.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 11:52 AM   #405
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
I had a feeling about Zenith, and Roundbox attempted to yolo onto Zenith at the end there. Think I would like to focus on Zenith at least for the first part of the phase
Perhaps, roundbox was pushing Zenith for most of the phase and we definitely shouldn't allow them to slip under the radar today. But I also don't want it forgotten that roundbox was perhaps the player that was most openly skeptical of you
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2024, 11:52 AM   #406
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
To be clear I would and still agree with the vote and the gesture of giving him time to claim but the way you went about it rubbed me extremely wrong. It felt like he was already at -1 and you where making it clear he died there without a claim
I think focusing on our dead seer's reads is important but I like this read too :thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I hate all of you for the way EoD went and lack of clearheadedness that landed us down two town (and our PR, thanks!), even more pissed at Xel for going "I'm VT it doesn't matter" and self-votes himself instead of trying. I'm taking the moment to parse through Xel/Roundbox and seeing what jumps out at me.
Yeah that was not a great showing at EOD
Old 03-1-2024, 11:52 AM   #407
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
By all means oh great TWG player, lead on

Old 03-1-2024, 11:53 AM   #408
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Perhaps, roundbox was pushing Zenith for most of the phase and we definitely shouldn't allow them to slip under the radar today. But I also don't want it forgotten that roundbox was perhaps the player that was most openly skeptical of you
It's because he is scared of me in real life :bat: he didn't have any reason in the game
Old 03-1-2024, 11:53 AM   #409
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
By all means oh great TWG player, lead on
Someone's HURT :sob:

Grow up

Old 03-1-2024, 11:55 AM   #410
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I would love to see Lar defend how GREAT and FANTASTIC of an EoD that was for everyone involved!

Old 03-1-2024, 11:56 AM   #411
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
I would love to see Lar defend how GREAT and FANTASTIC of an EoD that was for everyone involved!
at least I was here and trying Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

I moved my vote to what I thought was the next best option, didn't mean to insta
Old 03-1-2024, 11:56 AM   #412
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Why would you make that assumption about Xel but didn't trust Roundbox enough in the same manner?

I am use to towns pointing out votes and declaring intent as a way to alert people if they need to claim or not. What I saw was that you noticed Round could be a wagon and aggressively threatened him to claim without any regard of who else was in that situation

I've seen people be stupid and not claim in that situation, even when they are a powerful role like doctor. I would have pushed anyone else in the same situation. There was a claim, so all XelNya had to do was CC and their self-voting was against wincon anyway so it was no hard loss. If the real Seer was someone other than roundbox or XelNya, it would have been better to stay hidden so they wouldn't get roleblocked, I didn't want the Seer to claim unless it was necessary to avoid mislynching them.
Old 03-1-2024, 11:57 AM   #413
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
Whinimg about how EoD went is not a productive use of town's time.
Old 03-1-2024, 12:08 PM   #414
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Damn Zenith cracking under the world's tiniest of pressure

Quote:
I've seen people be stupid and not claim in that situation, even when they are a powerful role like doctor. I would have pushed anyone else in the same situation. There was a claim, so all XelNya had to do was CC and their self-voting was against wincon anyway so it was no hard loss. If the real Seer was someone other than roundbox or XelNya, it would have been better to stay hidden so they wouldn't get roleblocked, I didn't want the Seer to claim unless it was necessary to avoid mislynching them.
Again, you were extremely clear with Round on this but didn't care about Xel even though if any of the two needed to be reminded on how the game is supposed to be played, it wasn't Roundbox

Any amount of "Xel should know better" applies to Round

I suppose I don't have a follow up question but it still doesn't entirely sit right. I need to step away from thread, then will make the effort to ISO/reread before diving in further on EOD

Old 03-1-2024, 12:17 PM   #415
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I think he's wolfy because he left immediately afterwards
I hope he didn't feel like that was sufficient content
TIL that parking a vote on someone that hasn't spoken yet = wolfy
Leaving thread/viewing thread is so tinfoil and out of bounds I'm thoroughly shocked you guys still reserve feelings that influence the game over that.

Quote:
that'd be against the rules

I have an easier time rendering judgment on xel and zenith since their posts are in a fixed state
everyone else is in the process of posting, so I'm still judging them
note my complete lack of vote on zenith
note the complete lack of a case against me (it starts here)

Quote:
I wouldn't say messing up
votes are valuable

your logic on voting zenith made it feel odd to join you since I strongly disagreed with how you got there

re: my stance on zenith
my suspicion on him really stems from his re-entry, not his initial vote on me
his initial vote was nothing more than a throwaway vote on a slot that had yet to post

gut reads just don't cut it for me

that being said, zenith not being here also makes wary of voting for him given the possibility he's seer and AFK
yet again like, I'm being leaned red at this point for not being in thread 24/7 and for a shit vote I tossed out to get an interaction out?

Quote:
on these forums, you're able to set your online status to invisible, preventing anyone but moderators from seeing you as actively viewing a thread. as you can opt-in or out of this feature at any time, we've left it open for reading of players.

part POE, part most of your posts are direct responses to other posts, not necessarily observations
as I mentioned, I'm not fully ready to commit to this

wait a second, I'm stupid
zenith claimed he wasn't the seer already
zenith
I'm gonna scream with the lack of a case against me!!!

Quote:
by claiming not having a night action, he threw out any legitimacy of a future seer claim
we had people doing hypos at the beginning of the thread, providing cover (even if it ultimately was futile). I feel like the precedent had been set for covering the seer, even if hypo was out of the question
He did not realize I was not the only one who didn't hypo, several didn't. I'm pretty sure there were only two that I caught so the point of it was immediately useless?

To me it felt like that was a forced habit from turbos? Maybe it's meta to do them but this is my first turbo, I don't have that kind of information about them.

Quote:
zenith
yolo
Alright so I'd really like to see where the case people have against me is and why I'm specifically under the scope for the day? I think town finds out plenty by looking through MML/Raeko through their interactions with roundbox instead of trying to focus on a case that had nothing substantial on it consistently last phase.

Old 03-1-2024, 12:19 PM   #416
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
It was your ego that broke, not mine. I'm just frustrated town really thought a chaotic EoD while having seer forced out was a smart move. I'm allowed to have a distaste for the way my teammates played the phase.

Old 03-1-2024, 12:21 PM   #417
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:

Again, you were extremely clear with Round on this but didn't care about Xel even though if any of the two needed to be reminded on how the game is supposed to be played, it wasn't Roundbox

Any amount of "Xel should know better" applies to Round

I suppose I don't have a follow up question but it still doesn't entirely sit right. I need to step away from thread, then will make the effort to ISO/reread before diving in further on EOD
XelNya had the opportunity to CC an existing claim, roundbox didn't. Plus, I was interested in seeing the claim resolve on its own. I'll explain more when I am given five posts so I can link to previous games, but for now I think our time is better spent elsewhere than on two dead players.
Old 03-1-2024, 12:22 PM   #418
leetic
FFR Player

Quote:
It was your ego that broke, not mine. I'm just frustrated town really thought a chaotic EoD while having seer forced out was a smart move. I'm allowed to have a distaste for the way my teammates played the phase.
This is a wolf ping for me, town is allowed to be frustrated but the way you're going about it seems excessive and performative
Old 03-1-2024, 12:38 PM   #419
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...rchid=24963356

Round doesn't seem like he was having a good D0
His earliest suspension was on Zenith and he sorta pinged Raeko in a manner that I take as him gently reminding her to keep momentum and less accusatory of her (You're cool Raeko but you do dip without leaving a lot of content sometimes). He has friction with Haze about voting philosophy but in effect he keeps that as an excuse to not stick to votes

That and Seer tinfoil that makes no sense in hindsight

He started wanting to defend Xel but 180'd fairly quick and before you know it he just has Zenith and Xel as his scum reads. He sussed Raeko eventually but the case is pretty non-existent and weak, and it feels like it's just for the sake of having a Top 3. He keeps wanting to vote Zenith but is too busy lamenting he has to vote Xel as if he needs a stronger reason to vote Zenith for the last couple of hours before the Yolo Zenith Vote towards the end but theres no time to really make a case because is officially tired of his shit apparently and calls him out. On the re-read, I am probably still on Leetic's side concerning were votes needed to go.

Round never went as far as consider Haze a valid vote it seems, but Haze does seem to make a big deal about the friction they were having

Quote:
XelNya had the opportunity to CC an existing claim, roundbox didn't. Plus, I was interested in seeing the claim resolve on its own. I'll explain more when I am given five posts so I can link to previous games, but for now I think our time is better spent elsewhere than on two dead players.
I'm not focused on dead players when I'm engaging you. Also Wait you can't list links?

Go to like chit chat or something those posts count

Also I'm never once gonna read people's past games sorry about that

Old 03-1-2024, 12:38 PM   #420
leetic
FFR Player

Now that I can post this:

This perhaps calls for a bit of context for people who are skeptical of what I was trying to accomplish. Here is a game where I was yelled at for leading a mislynch on a town doctor, despite the fact that said Doctor didn't claim to save themselves when they had an opportunity, and here is a game where I avoided that mistake and pressured the D1 lynch target to claim and ended up catching a wolf off-guard that way (although town screwed up by forcing a massclaim D2 (at which point I was dead) which was a bad idea for several reasons).