Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #421
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ~D4 Rivalry v2~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MracY View Post
Don't worry. I'm in the lower end there as well.
I'll post some scores there tomorrow. You can compete with me there.
I already told Kayla i'm dropping out of it, it's not worth the time and frustration trying to compete with those players when i'm no where near that level. and i'm talking some songs there i have (while trying on them) 30-40+ goods more than some people. if we can join this i'll gladly compete with you. i'd rather have someone who's close to me push me to do better rather than bend me over and ass rape me.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #422
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
I already told Kayla i'm dropping out of it, it's not worth the time and frustration trying to compete with those players when i'm no where near that level. and i'm talking some songs there i have (while trying on them) 30-40+ goods more than some people. if we can join this i'll gladly compete with you. i'd rather have someone who's close to me push me to do better rather than bend me over and ass rape me.
I understand that sentiment, but basing it off a file like Kono Spoon which is obviously one of those files that falls into the same category as Aim Anthem or Club, which only tests 1 real skillset and if you're good at that skillset its not that hard for you. Honestly Kono is more like a 70 but the split rolls near the end are framered to hell, which makes the file a steaming pile of shit.

Anyway, good luck.
FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #423
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

D5 has a large range of skillsets. There's a big gap between low to high level players in that division. Same thing for D6.

I think there's even people that are in D4 asking to participate in the D5 thread.

I don't know man, seems like you're just getting angry because you're not one of the better players in that thread. Lighten up, it's suppose to be all for funsies anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #424
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve0110 View Post
I am so disgusted with how bad i am at this game now, i took like 6 months off. I might not even make round 2 in D4-__-
you just need to work for a few days to get skill back
and get lucky
Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #425
axith
FFR Veteran

I've been a bad rivalry runner recently. There isn't a good reason for my lack of running and I feel bad about it. I've sent some credits to those who have participated the last couple weeks.

I'm going to clean up the spreadsheet a bit. Part of that will be removing Fluttershy, rCaliberGX, VisD, Elmerz, and myself from the spreadsheet. All have joined the D5 rivalry. If you were placed in d4, you can stick around still. PM me with issues regarding that.

ssmbchamp: I don't mind if you submit scores, but I'm not going to add you to the spreadsheet. The official tourney crew decided that you could run with D5, I will defer to their decision. I plan on submitting scores here still.

For the sake of simplicity, I'll start posting the week's songs on Fridays, and you'll have a week to play the songs like always.

Song suggestions are appreciated (high-50's to mid-70's). A new list will be up on the 1st.

Good luck to everyone in the tournament.
axith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #426
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
D5 has a large range of skillsets. There's a big gap between low to high level players in that division. Same thing for D6.

I think there's even people that are in D4 asking to participate in the D5 thread.

I don't know man, seems like you're just getting angry because you're not one of the better players in that thread. Lighten up, it's suppose to be all for funsies anyways!
You're absolutely right that it's supposed to be fun. What's not fun is when you face people that you have a 0% chance of beating in anything. If I know I have a 0% chance of beating anyone that doesn't really give me motivation to compete with them for the time being. Sure it motivates me to get better at the game but there's only so much I can play a day to do that and to get on their level would prolly take me over half a year. My point is I'd rather compete with people that are actually close to my skillset to help push me. I looked through the scores in here and all my scores are almost literally identical to the other users. If I came in dead last here I wouldn't even be discouraged because I knew competition was close and I had fun trying to best players close to me. Again, not being a sore loser, but getting massacred isn't fun for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axith View Post
ssmbchamp: I don't mind if you submit scores, but I'm not going to add you to the spreadsheet. The official tourney crew decided that you could run with D5, I will defer to their decision. I plan on submitting scores here still.
Thanks, and that's fine, I just wanted to compete with others similar to me. Not sure if there was prizes for this but I wasn't expecting to win anything for joining so late.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #427
Scubasteve0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr View Post
you just need to work for a few days to get skill back
and get lucky
Yah i know, i gotta get my skill back. I was so disappointed when i got knocked out in 9th place last time. Hopefully taking a couple days off will get my mind going
Scubasteve0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #428
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Aha yes!

(S.E.B. in B.E.D. 11-0-0-3)

I'm still working on getting Scarhand. Pure In Asia is what I've been trying, blackflagged it a few times so far. Caixa D'Aqua is another candidate but harder to be consistent on. There are probably several others I might be able to do as well. The 2g I got on Speedcore Sunday teases me.

The D4 file for tournament round 2 looks like it will be really tricky, but fun if I can hit it. It's hard to tell since I can only read downscroll.

Best AAAs: Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate [56], Song of the second moon [52], Musicmaker RX [52], Wish (Reprise) [51], Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [51], Exogenesis [51]
Quest for Scarhand: 3+ blackflags on Pure In Asia, blackflag on Iced Innocence
2020 update: all of these got bumped up 4 (rip Scarhand unlock), rusty, new AAA Power Rocket [56?]
2021 semiannual return: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) [57] (was blackflag from 2013), second blackflag on Call Upon the Seaponies; 2023: Polar 240 [56]
BFs: 127 and counting (as of 2013-11-10)
Viisbyxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2013, 12:22 AM   #429
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Lulz sightreads for this round:
D3: 7-1-1-3
D4: 12-1-0-1
D5: 9-0-1-1
(D6: 66-9-4-28, mashed a bit for a 1300 combo, the dense jump parts are too fast for me)

I can FC summerghost for sure, hopefully keep the SDG. I had extreme nerves during Prove Them Wrong so I can definitely improve that also. Exogenesis, ech, some nasty stuff in there.

EDIT: nvm, BFed Exogenesis second try, must not have been warmed up the first time. Fun chart.

Edit2: 16 clean on Prove Them Wrong the second time. I hope it's not going to be that kind of round. I was lucky enough to avoid it last round. I think most of those goods were on the staircase sandwiches, so at least it makes sense.

Best AAAs: Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate [56], Song of the second moon [52], Musicmaker RX [52], Wish (Reprise) [51], Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! [51], Exogenesis [51]
2020 update: all of these got bumped up 4 (rip Scarhand unlock), rusty, new AAA Power Rocket [56?]
2021 semiannual return: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) [57] (was blackflag from 2013), second blackflag on Call Upon the Seaponies; 2023: Polar 240 [56]

Last edited by Viisbyxa; 11-1-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Old 11-1-2013, 01:06 PM   #430
axith
FFR Veteran

I moved to posting the songs on Fridays and will be accepting the previous list though Friday. So you have from today though next Friday (the 8th) for these songs:

Arrogent Cobbler (66)
summerghost (66)
Lorem Ipsum (65)
Caprice for Violin an B minor Theme and Variations (64)
Four Blocks Madness (62)
Prove Them Wrong (59)
axith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2013, 09:37 PM   #431
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Arrogant Cobbler is such a weird song. Feels so hard for a 66.
Old 11-2-2013, 12:26 AM   #432
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Arrogant Cobbler: yeah I agree a lot of it feels kinda awkward, but the parts with yellow notes are fun. http://i.imgur.com/3fTUNrk.png
summerghost: pretty easy, got a 7-0-1-2 today and a 9-0-0-1 yesterday, will post when I get something better.
Lorem Ipsum: exactly the kind of file I hope D4 doesn't get this tourney. http://i.imgur.com/MzFAYmP.png
Caprice for Violin: ech, trills. Can't do that much. http://i.imgur.com/VrBhKL7.png
Four Blocks Madness: I got a 4-0-0-1 recently, could get closer to that. Still surprised I can hit the really dense jumpstream section. http://i.imgur.com/WVtlZ4B.png
Prove Them Wrong: I'm fully capable of AAAing everything except the purple-white mini-staircases, and I can do pretty well on those. Just need to have a good run. Probably need to get rid of a couple more goods to pass the round. http://i.imgur.com/YchcV2K.png

I guess I need to resist the urge to play every day, I start getting very erratic scores when I play a lot.

Old 11-2-2013, 12:27 AM   #433
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viisbyxa View Post
Lorem Ipsum: exactly the kind of file I hope D4 doesn't get this tourney.
It's such a good song though. I always enjoy playing it.
Old 11-2-2013, 01:42 AM   #434
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

how the fuck am i so bad at summerghost
took me 100 plays to get 8-0-0-1
Old 11-2-2013, 05:35 AM   #435
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlovesddr View Post
how the fuck am i so bad at summerghost
took me 100 plays to get 8-0-0-1

I will give you something good if you beat my score.
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-4-2013, 09:55 PM   #436
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenjoku View Post
It's such a good song though. I always enjoy playing it.
Hmm, I guess I'm mainly thinking of the climax around 1000 combo, that stream gets hard to read and then the jump mess afterward is bleh. Otherwise yeah it's pretty cool, though I don't understand the decision to go into funk guitar after that intro.

Anyway, I guess this is my best raw on summerghost so far, but I should be able to get a score like this FCed. Too tired today to do well on Prove Them Wrong, but I think I actually mostly perfected the hard part today. My score is still pretty safe anyway.

summerghost: http://i.imgur.com/cNjiVej.png

Old 11-4-2013, 09:59 PM   #437
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

Perfect, all he has to beat is 5-0-0-2 :P
Old 11-4-2013, 11:29 PM   #438
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Holy shit I finally did it Mephisto FC with 59-14-0-17! Horrible PA but who cares! XD

It's one of the songs I've been playing the most out of all the different rivalry weeks since it's not only fun but really difficult. I think it also got bumped up in difficulty since it was in the rivalry. I swear it used to be a 73.
Old 11-8-2013, 11:20 PM   #439
Viisbyxa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Bump, no one else for this week? I still need to improve my scores on Prove Them Wrong and summerghost, I'm certain I could do better. Also got a really bad first score on Over the Bridge, I could do a lot better when I'm having a good session. Been too long since I had a really good one.

Old 11-8-2013, 11:22 PM   #440
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

Quote:

i got 2 clean last night