Old 05-2-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default UEMP3 released!

Original post from KBO:
Quote:

File List (17):
2 gorgeous 4U (EMULATE MIX) (Prof.Raine)
7/8 (Gundam-Dude)
Apentenodytes Disco (Cyrenics)
Cansei de S NIK (Prof.Raine)
Corpse Voyage (Reshiram)
Distorted God (Sora)
Dream to Nightmare (Alex)
Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible FullMoon v2 (Sora)
I Want That Cake v2 (Reshiram)
Love-Colored Master Spark ~ Cut (Cyrenics)
Night Owl (Ferrari)
Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (Redox)
Only My Railgun (Haru-ko)
Quark (Alex)
STEEL BOMBER (Kommisar)
Super Nova (Yorika)
The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM)

Comments found in the ReadMe:
Thanks for all the support for this pack KBO. I was glad to see such good files coming from the community in support of this small pack. The total cap was originally 15 but I was given a surprise when it actually began to go over. I hope the community enjoys this pack for what it is. This is the last of the UEMPs.

Graphic Credits:
Prof. Raine
Gundam-Dude
Detrimentalist

-The people I didn't list had made graphics before they sent the file in. Thanks for those who did that and made putting this pack together easier.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
http://www.sendspace.com/file/liur4g
File Size: 54MB
If you can mirror it elsewhere go ahead and post the link so anyone who can't use the one I gave they still have a way of downloading the pack.
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: UEMP3 released!

sweet!
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

nice

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

raine did the banner didn't he
Old 05-2-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

downloading now
Old 05-2-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

downloading

gonna post reviews soon :>
Old 05-2-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

uh Distorted God..
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
xferrarix
FFR Player

Its spelled right in the pack, sorry haha I'll fix that. And yes, Prof.Raine made the banner

edit: Oh nevermind, I thought you meant it was spelled wrong.
Old 05-2-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
TC_Cyrenics
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Cyrenics Send a message via MSN to TC_Cyrenics

2 gorgeous 4U (EMULATE MIX) (Prof.Raine)
7/8 (Gundam-Dude)
Apentenodytes Disco (Cyrenics): SHARPNEL OMFG
Cansei de S NIK (Prof.Raine) This song again? Didn't Roar just... oh, never mind. It's not bad, but I can't help the feeling that some of those freezes didn't belong. Points for the x-mod gimmicks and good mine usage, though. B
Corpse Voyage (Reshiram): A couple of notes seem off but other than that, makes a nice file for testing mine dodge ability. Makes the piano parts seem just that much more authentic. B
Distorted God (Sora): Sweeeeet. I never was a fan of super-thin freezes but what the hell, it all flows so well I can't complain. A-
Dream to Nightmare (Alex): The xmod tricks. Also, I like that you made this file so much different than Tsuka's and Cetaker's. A
Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible FullMoon v2 (Sora)
I Want That Cake v2 (Reshiram): This song lol; also, colors galore. X3 B-
Love-Colored Master Spark ~ Cut (Cyrenics): Originally stepped the whole damn thing and realized I could cut like almost 2 minutes and make it not drag. Not bad but it's not godly... just, you know, IS.
Night Owl (Ferrari)
Quark (Alex)
STEEL BOMBER (Kommisar)
Super Nova (Yorika)
The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM): What did I just listen to lol. Nice joke file... a little on the long side for one but still, damn. A-

Will do the rest later. I'm ****ing tired. X3
TC_Cyrenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
AlexDest
good hot

raviews

2 gorgeous 4U (EMULATE MIX) (Professor Raine) - Ended too long of a hold at the end, otherwise decent file, nothing seems so interesting that goes on but you have a unique stepping style Raine. 4/10

7/8 (Gundam-Dude) - All I can say is that it has good pattern variation and good for MA. 7/10

Apentenodytes Disco (Cyrenics) - lol good job restepping a dump. Cool idea to add mines in the beginning to accent certain sounds, however it doesn't really help pull the dullness away from the file and song. 2/10

Cansei de S NIK (Professor Raine) - Don't see this being replayed since it's a restep. Very unique patterns for this song though, there's a part you ignored to step which bugged me. 4/10

Corpse Voyage (Reshiram) - The mines make it less boring I suppose, pretty good file. 6/10

Distorted God (Sora) - Pretty great and clean file, good for MA. 7/10

Dream to Nightmare (AlexDest) - Some parts with x-mod tricks are too sudden, but I did what I could with this file.

Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible FullMoon v2 (Sora) - who are you. Again very clean file, could have used more mines in parts but the file gets to its point. 7/10

I Want That Cake v2 (Reshiram) - l o l

Love-Colored Master Spark ~ Cut (Cyrenics) - I expected climax theory for this, disappointed. 1/10

Night Owl (Ferrari) - Short and sweet file, layering is good, great for a quad attempting file. 7/10

Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (Redox) - Another short file, though the holds ending at 192nds while overlapping another hold can annoy the player. Also tone down the miniholds, the file doesn't need that much. 2/10

Only My Railgun (Haru-ko) - Started dragging on when you copy and pasted the beginning 16th patterns, the solo was stepped good. 5/10

Quark (AlexDest) - Went for a different approach at a stepping style for this one, tried to not make this repetitive.

STEEL BOMBER (Kommisar) - Just your typical Kommisar file and song, the song kind of matches up with Zaghurim Stronghold. This could be good for rates, pretty cool file. 8/10

Super Nova (Yorika) - This is pretty decent, the 24ths are kind of awkward but aren't really cluttered so that's good enough. 5/10

The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM) - bufang idol

Last edited by AlexDest; 05-3-2011 at 03:09 AM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Gundam-Dude
`~`

2 Gorgeous 4U (ProfRaine)
Layering for this is pretty funky but it was nice to playthrough. Holds made reading dense and I thought more of the piano chords could've been layered in and emphasized, but overall pretty good file coming from you. Much more structured and solid compared to your past files.

7/8 (Gundam-Dude)
VoCaRoiD.

Apetenodytes Disco (Cyrenics)
Typical chart considering it's Sharpnel. Replayable for scoring from the 32nd bursts and those 8th jack stream patterns.

Cansei de S NIK (ProfRaine)
I'm slightly biased because I already like Roar's file for this song. Your take on the song is different at the very least. I thought that the mine concept in this was unique and creative. Definitely a lot denser than Roar's and has some replayablity to it, but I still prefer his version over this.

Corpse Voyage (Reshiram)
Roar's file except less dense and without the jacks, pretty much. Although, Roar's file has more replayability factor to it due to that scoring element and I prefer it over this one.

Distorted God (Sora)
Whoever you are, you basically took leonid's file and dumped my mini-freeze usage all over it. Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't really see much originality or difference in this other than the additional mines and freezes and again I'm biased 'cause I already like leonid's file.

Dream to Nightmare (AlexDest)
For a restep, this was a different take on it. Xmods added a nice touch and layering was solid.

Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible Full Moon (Sora)
Fun and replayable to some extent. Touhou metal etc.

I Want That Cake (Reshiram)
I don't see much replay value in this, mostly due to song choice itself.

LCMS (Cyrenics)
Alright, albeit song's been stepped countless times. Jacks are difficulty spikes and are annoying to combo but add scoring factor.

Night Owl (Ferrari)
Typical Ferrari VGM file. Not much replayability for the typical stepman but it's good as a chart for intermediate players.

Solid layering but there's a bit of a lack of pattern variation which makes this seem longer and more repetitive than it should be.

Cleaner and easier take on the song compared to Scylaax's file and more consistent than Kaneh's file in OD6. However, the guitar solo is funky (offsync and inaccurate maybe?) and there's a lack of pattern variation which makes this seem longer and repetitive than it should be.

Quark (AlexDest)
Good mine usage and solid, consistent layering. Thought this would be slightly more dense with jumps and hand layering given how prominent bass is, and there's a slight lack of pattern variation.

Steel Bomber (Kommisar)
Typical Kommi chiptune file. I liked the trills in this, thought it made the file much more enjoyable than regular stream patterns.

Supernova (Yorika)
A different take compared to Scylaax's file at the very least. Had some solid layering concepts, however a few sections don't flow very well IMO (e.g. M25+ with the offsetted 32nd notes were hard to follow).

Stargroup Sings The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM)
Best file and gfx.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
moches
FFR Player

just ratings & small comments for now, will have personal stepper messages later

2 gorgeous 4U (EMULATE MIX) (Prof.Raine) - B-
some of the layering and hold usage confuzzles me and you still have problems getting your files to flow in denser portions (like the small part in the middle w/a synth solo or whatever that was was ruined by overlayering; choose what you're going to follow and follow it well). still a pretty fun file but those things irked me.

7/8 (Gundam-Dude) - B
Yuyoyuppe file. Gundam-Dude. good flow, nothing special.

Apentenodytes Disco (Cyrenics) - C+
at first I was like "SHARPNEL WTF CYRENICS" and then I was like, not half bad. 32nd patterns were very hard to hit but overall this is passable

Cansei de S NIK (Prof.Raine) - C
polyrhythm sections are terribly cramped, making it hard to read and hit. selective layering, guys. x-mod tricks were cool and I liked the mines for the most part, interesting file if not wholly playable. also Roar JUST made a file for this; can we stop restepping files from 2 weeks ago?

Corpse Voyage (Reshiram) - B+
minedodge file, pretty awesome. I thought this was going to be a retread of Roar's but this surprised me. points off for restepping though

Distorted God (Sora) - B
AND YET ANOTHER RESTEP. very very similar to leonid's but I honestly feel this is more appealing (probably because all the 24ths flow and nothing is really invasive). felt old-schoolish in a way other than all the freeze theory

Dream to Nightmare (Alex) - B+
AND YET ANOTHER RESTEP. I like this a lot though, alex is finding a niche with these hardcore files. x-mods were great (even though that fast part is a complete repeat of Epileptic Crisis), jacks for the most part flow. docking points for not shaking up patterns in the slow section tho

Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible FullMoon v2 (Sora) - A-
Don, is that you? ver impressed by this, caught all the little rhythms of the song well. slightly confused by some decisions to switch between layering percussion and guitar in the solo but I'll let it slide

I Want That Cake v2 (Reshiram) - B-
wut. color note dump. good for MA.

Love-Colored Master Spark ~ Cut (Cyrenics) - B-
I was also disappointed by the lack of climax theory, especially since the beginning of the file is a bunch of pooptastic jacks. still a decent file, but feels kinda unnecessary.

Night Owl (Ferrari) - A-
best file (at least the most replayable) and gfx in the pack. sometimes it's the simple things in life~

Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (Redox) - C+
gj trying to use freezes creatively but I didn't feel like they paid off very well here: when you use so many of them they really lose their impact. color theory was good when applied, 32nd bursts felt arbitrary, density was not applied well, layering was fine, I honestly have no idea where to rate this file so take this C+ as you will

Only My Railgun (Haru-ko) - B
formulaic but gets the job done and is overall much easier to play than Scylaax's. nice guitar solo at the end.

Quark (Alex) - B+
not sure if I like this or DTM more, but one of these is going to get bumped up to an A- later. this is simple but loads of fun and aesthetically it's near-perfect (some patterns felt redundant); what more can you ask for?

STEEL BOMBER (Kommisar) - B
I give this file a B by default; there are ten other Kommisar files like this if you look hard enough. solid all in all.

Super Nova (Yorika) - B-
loved parts of this, others left me wondering. really the entire end felt completely whacked, and the 24ths in the 12th section before that felt arbitrarily placed. you do seem to at least have an idea of what flows and what doesn't, so that's very good, but accurately capturing the music is also pretty important

The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM) - A++
gold
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
TC_Cyrenics
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Cyrenics Send a message via MSN to TC_Cyrenics

So, any guesses on who those mysterious steppers are, guys?

And moches: SHARPNELSHARPNELSHARPNEL.
TC_Cyrenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Top 5
1. Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible FullMoon v2 (Sora) - AMAZING! I just cannot stop playing this file lmao. Is this you Kommisar? Don? A+

2. Night Owl (Ferrari) - This was pretty cool haha. A-

3. Distorted God (Sora) - Wow, this file was very clean and well stepped. I find this version slightly better than leonid's version. B+

4. 7/8 (Gundam-Dude) - Typical Gundam file. Well stepped and high in replay value IMO. B+

5. Corpose Voyage (Reshiram) - Pretty damn sick. Don't know who you are either lmao. B+

Last edited by i love you; 05-3-2011 at 02:51 PM..
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

steel bomber isnt a very good file. personally dont like. like mocher said, its too generic of my style
Old 05-3-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
xferrarix
FFR Player

Thanks for all the positive reviews! I'm glad it's getting a good response lol. If anyone wants to post this on something other than FFR or KBO please do so. I'd like for people to have some new files to play.
Old 05-3-2011, 08:07 PM   #17
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

great scylaax-esque banner, raine :3
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2011, 02:24 PM   #18
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

out of five oh boy here we go
2 gorgeous 4u: repetitive and stupid. wrong rhythms, little attempt to actually step the sax correctly. 2
7/8: bland. possibly a few ghost notes. 3
apetenodytes disco: bland. decent handling of 32nds. 3
cansei de s nik: redundant. extreme misuse of freezes and mines. tone deaf at times. 1
corpse voyage: bland. strange use of freezes at times. 3
distorted god: boring. strange use of hands in 8th jumps section and random mini jacks. 2
dream to nightmare: redundant and completely ****ing useless. judgment determined at 93 combo. 0
eyes of insanity: bland. not much to say other than it's a generic long file. 3
i want that cake: no. BUT IT'S BETTER THAN DREAM TO NIGHTMARE LOL 1
love colored master spark: **** you i'm not playing this
night owl: boring as hell. i fully advocate a slightly challenging restep. 2

stopped caring although the clear blue sky is probably good
pack rating: QUADRUPLE F MINUS
Old 05-7-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
AlexDest
good hot

yay
Old 05-7-2011, 03:15 PM   #20
xferrarix
FFR Player

I don't think Night Owl could be made much harder unless you stepped those 24ths in the background and worked with more of the sounds in the middle.

edit: Thanks for the review though