Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 AM   #16961
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread

just noticed-rockhill got this

-/+./+?/?

Lol, thumbs up for no ratings the same
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

Old 12-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #16962
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
And to be frankly honest, when this happened to me in the past, I never sent the file again. If the file had to be changed into something that I wouldn't remotely agree with, I remember sadly departing with the file and making something else. Fortunately, I have a LOT of stuff to step...

Exactly, I tried some of the fixes and they feel awful. I'd rather just play the chart how it is and enjoy it rather than change it have it go up on ffr and hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #16963
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

People just get moody when their files dont get accepted, just seems to be the case here. You have this attitude that this is the only file you made that will ever have the chance of getting into FFR. If you dont feel like doing what the judges suggest because you feel it will ruin how you stepped the file ok, then do what bmah just said, just dont bother with that file anymore and move on to a new one. There is no point sitting here anymore and arguing so hard for one little file. Its really not worth it. There is so much to step out there, just go step something else.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:23 AM   #16964
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Like I said, release this file, step another file, and send that one to FFR for the next batch.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:23 AM   #16965
Detrimentalist
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
People just get moody when their files dont get accepted, just seems to be the case here.
Yeah, AJ is moody about his file not being accepted.

...o
Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #16966
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
People just get moody when their files dont get accepted, just seems to be the case here. You have this attitude that this is the only file you made that will ever have the chance of getting into FFR. If you dont feel like doing what the judges suggest because you feel it will ruin how you stepped the file ok, then do what bmah just said, just dont bother with that file anymore and move on to a new one. There is no point sitting here anymore and arguing so hard for one little file. Its really not worth it. There is so much to step out there, just go step something else.

The stupid thing I NEVER ARGUED THE FILE TO BEGIN WITH holy hell. Seriously AJ points out the subjectivity issue using my file, which sparked a huge debate that he only said something cause it was my file and were acting as if he just wanted the rating changed. So I pointed out that he was pointing out an issue with the way things are judged here and then again it gets brought up later by other people, so I again try to point out what was actually going on.

You guys need to not just read what you want to and pay attention to what's actually being said. I don't care that my file got rejected it's on the custom I could care less if it's here. I didn't even want to submit it orig but a bunch of people said do it it's a good file it's really fun etc. So I did. But as you see the community's opinion vs judges opinion are completely different.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #16967
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalist View Post
Yeah, AJ is moody about his file not being accepted.

...o
Too bad its not his file we are discussing, gg.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #16968
Detrimentalist
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

you misunderstood my post entirely.

gg game.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #16969
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I was subjective, but I'm capable of admitting that I was, and if you look at my notes, you'll even see that files with SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of notes/fixes requested still ended up getting no lower than a [+?] because I'm able to separate between what should be there in my opinion, and what should be there in accordance to how the rest of the simfile is. Stop acting like I'm reacting like this because of this file - there's other files from the previous batch that got knocked down a ridiculous amount for stupid reasons, like song choice. There's even some files that had small amounts of errors and still got a [-].
I was capable of admitting that i was subjective too. Even kayla just mentioned an example for me doing so. Also, there were times when i even stated in my notes that i was going to be subjective. Also, i don't care what you say, if Kayla's file was accepted, i bet you wouldn't even be arguing about this at all.

Quote:
But hey, I don't know a thing about judging or whatnot. I'm arguing with someone who thinks their opinion is right and nothing else because they couldn't even bother to address the issues that I pointed out -respectfully- like I asked to.
Anyone who states an opinion, including yourself, would think that they are partially right in some way am i wrong? Stop acting like you don't do the same damn thing.

Quote:
The rest of the judges can go have fun doing what they want. I feel sorry for the really strong judges who are consistently good because they know what they're doing having to deal with ratings that deviate ridiculously without justified reasons whatsoever. Apparently, getting a legitimate discussion when I actually asked questions about how to FIX something is a complete waste of time because some judges won't even bother to give a straight answer. What's the point?
Tell me this, do you consider yourself a good judge? If so, give me a valid reason as to why you would be considered as one. Now ask yourself this, do you consider me a good judge? If not, give me reasons as to why I'm not. Also, I said i would rather answer your questions on AIM rather than waste my time posting everything here because if i were to post everything that you mentioned, there's a good chance that you would respond back with MORE opinions about each section and i would have to keep responding back in this thread which would take more time then if you were to IM me about each thing you said and going through every section one by one since on AIM, it's usually faster responses.

Quote:
Seeking perfection in simfiles is going to get you ABSOLUTELY nowhere because the users who are playing your game will not notice a good amount of the details that people are putting in.
Oh so now you're assuming that I seek perfection of files. Have you even looked at my files and see any perfection in them? I know very well that no files are perfect. I have a right to state whatever opinion i want when judging a file.

Quote:
Find another judge for me, I'm not judging on this team until I see a change in people's attitudes. It's not everyone, but there's people on the team who I simply don't agree with being on it for reasons of not being active with the site, not caring about the game, or not legitimately wanting to help someone out because they feel like flaunting around their elitism when no one gives a shit.
What about your damn attitude? Everytime you disagree with something, you go and bash about it especially if involves your engaged wife. I care about this site a lot more than you assumed i do and i definitely help out people when i judge a file. So what, you think that i randomly come on this site not caring for everyone else and doing whatever i want? Look at the tier point thread, I've spent so much time working on it and when i post it, people didn't like it so i waited for people to give out suggestions and i listened to them. So now, i have to spend even MORE time making a better tier point system just for the sike of the community. For the record, you can be elitist too so stop acting like you're not at times.

EDIT: You can respond back however you want, just know that I'm not going to even bother responding back to it if you're just going to respond with a negative childish attitude. I'm going to bed, i have work tomorrow. Peace.

Last edited by i love you; 12-18-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #16970
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Guys, please read from page 850 and up so you can get a fuller picture of the issue. Otherwise, don't post things out of context.

e.g. at least Rebound is being relevant to the discussion
Old 12-18-2010, 03:31 AM   #16971
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Old 12-18-2010, 03:35 AM   #16972
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I could care less
So you care a little bit?
http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

Last edited by AsphyxZero; 12-18-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 12-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #16973
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
So you care a little bit?

Sigh yes I made an error it's almost 5am here.

It amazes me how people seriously can't just get off certain things like pointing out stupid crap like that. And realize that the debate of subjectivity is a legit one. I mentioned this earlier and I'm going to mention it again. With subjectivity having no boundaries at all you're getting files like kjwkjw's that got a + but also got a -

That is extremely confusing. For any newer stepartist trying to get a file in game it's going to be nothing but confusion with 4 different judges saying 4 completely different things because of subjective things. It would be different if they were solid errors that were pointed out and maybe a judge noticed an error that another didn't. But strictly off opinion makes it impossible to please all of the judges because they all look at things differently. Which is why there needs to be some limitation to how much something subjective can take off the rating of a chart.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 AM   #16974
bmah
shots FIRED

I guess I should mention this. Step more files: new users for instance are allotted to send 2 files to the batch. Simply put, stepping more will increase your chance of getting something in the game...not only due to the logic that more submissions = more chances, but also because you're getting more experience in stepping as well.

law of diminishing return --> step less, less likely you'll get something in the game

Last edited by bmah; 12-18-2010 at 03:46 AM..
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 AM   #16975
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Welcome to FFR: Home of the people who take **** too serious.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #16976
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
For any newer stepartist trying to get a file in game it's going to be nothing but confusion with 4 different judges saying 4 completely different things because of subjective things.
4 different judges. 4 different opinions? Holy ****, mind=blown.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #16977
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to FFR: Home of the people who take **** too serious.
"Why so serious?"

"It's FFR."

"Oh."
Old 12-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #16978
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I guess I should mention this. Step more files: new users for instance are allotted to send 2 files to the batch. Simply put, stepping more will increase your chance of getting something in the game...not only due to the logic that more submissions = more chances, but also because you're getting more experience in stepping as well.
Only 2? 0_o Aw, I was hoping for more. At least, you're right. With each file I learn a lot by myself... I just don't hope that my confidence will drop whenever I will attempt submitting a sim to FFR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 12-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #16979
bmah
shots FIRED

See first page:

Quote:
Prolific Simfile Artists = 5 or 6
Have files in the game/queue = 4
Have no file in the game/queue = 2
I didn't make this rule up though. However, you should use whatever you have to your full advantage.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 AM   #16980
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Only 2? 0_o Aw, I was hoping for more. At least, you're right. With each file I learn a lot by myself... I just don't hope that my confidence will drop whenever I will attempt submitting a sim to FFR.
Because of that thread you posted, where you didn't know many of the main terms of simfiling, I'm going to direct you to this thread.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=113813
Closed Thread