Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-5-2009, 03:44 AM   #161
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 6 Key FFR

I personally found it didn't. The only reason I picked up on solo quickly was because I had played O2Jam beforehand so it wasn't all that new to me. Singles didn't help me learn solo at all, but that's me.

Also patterns confined to 4 columns can mean 1234, 1245, 1256 etc. - unless it's 2345 exclusively muscle memory won't help you.
Old 08-5-2009, 03:51 AM   #162
That's So BLAZZE
Banned

didn't read the thread, but pretty sure you would know that the site owner has abandoned this site and isn't going to add anything new to it besides random songs?
That's So BLAZZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 03:53 AM   #163
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Playing Pump can help a little bit.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 04:10 AM   #164
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

I would agree with xiao that singles skill doesn't carry on to solo, I can't AA xiao beginner solo pack easiest difficulties, I'm close but I constantly bomb the hits all across the board, some challenge scores I can get near AA aswell, so it boils down to learning all the chords, learning to read all over again and learning to use your ring fingers accurately and comfortably, so in essence I get up to 30mil worse score on solo than I would in singles, when the file is similarly constructed.

I don't really think FFRsolo would get more than a small enthusiast community. Probably even putting some new players off.
sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 04:22 AM   #165
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's So BLAZZE View Post
didn't read the thread, but pretty sure you would know that the site owner has abandoned this site and isn't going to add anything new to it besides random songs?
Try reading the thread.
Old 08-5-2009, 04:59 AM   #166
AltF4_to_AAA
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

.supported* 4-key is boring and a mash fest of lame. I'm playing on sh*t mods because the reg. game has become really unappealing. I'd love 6-key just for the pattern diversity. It also up's the skill and personal accomplishments.
AltF4_to_AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 05:01 AM   #167
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garquillex View Post
Try reading the thread.
You have to know that you're talking to Blazze. Hence, you cannot possibly take his posts that seriously.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 05:37 AM   #168
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
You have to know that you're talking to Blazze. Hence, you cannot possibly take his posts that seriously.
This wise man speaks the undisputed truth.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 07:52 AM   #169
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltF4_to_AAA View Post
It also up's the skill and personal accomplishments.
Accomplishments are personally made or made by the site, such as skill tokens are simply AAAing an FGO.. Also what skill? 6 key smashing? Well duh if you're playing it then you're of course gonna get better..

P.s. Point of your post?
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2009, 10:05 AM   #170
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
A: True, but aren't you either Loved or Hated? (No in between?)
B: ---
C: Even so, imo why move on to something that gets more 'difficult' if you can't take on an easier task
D: I actually have played, first time being at ~Zero~'s house and wrecking the songest hard he passed on his first day within my third song.. Honestly, I play Solo here and there, but why move it from SM elsewhere..
E: I compare to it others because it's 'SOLO' and I still don't get why bring in 'SOLO' when it can just be left to SM

You say support because there is no reason to reject the idea, then yet I strongly feel like why try to implement this when there are still ideas that should be implemented in 4 key.. Such as other noteskins, more mods, other themes?

I feel like there isn't enough attention on 4 key to actually have another type of 'FFR' up and running. Even if so, once everyone realizes how hard it is to actually get there people become lazy etc etc and it goes nowhere..

No I'm not going to support this, because (Yes you've been waiting for this)

1. Not enough people that know/understand how to implement this would probably do it (finish it)
2. Not everyone has access to other 'fancy' games but like i stated, there is many flash games on the web that have 4-8 key usage. (Myspace, JamLegend etc)
3. I don't find solo any more fun than any other 4+ key game therefore why am 'I' going to support it, I just don't feel like it's needed or really wanted..

EDIT:

It's called, DL SM or play some other rhythm game you can probably find on many other websites.. or another game in general..

P.s. I noticed throughout the last 4 years that most new players don't care for on-sync steppable music, they just want something they can enjoy listening to. (a.k.a. Konami is doing the smart thing with putting famous artists songs in DDR, all though the songs are so stupid to be stepped)

=o $$
A: still don't understand what you're trying to say
B: ---
C: it's not "more difficult," it's a completely different style of play. easy 6 key files will still be easier than fgo 4 key files. this argument is totally stupid
D: I play ffr from time to time, but why play it when you can just do it on sm?
E: it's 'SINGLES' and I still don't get why bring 'SINGLES' to ffr when it can just be left to SM

this can be developed in parallel to 4 key's other features

1. still the only semi-valid argument you have
2. and do any of these have the same style of 6 key play that ffr will offer? I don't think so
3. oh it's needed and wanted alright, you just don't see it

btw some people can't even get sm to work on their computers. I'm not kidding

P.S. that's why we have easy files and hard files, for newbies that just want familiarity and veterans who can actually appreciate the game

still only one semi-valid argument, but whatever, lack of support from one person ain't gonna hurt us. at least you're not against us
Old 08-6-2009, 09:19 AM   #171
That's So BLAZZE
Banned

good developments since i last posted lets keep up the hard work
That's So BLAZZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 09:33 AM   #172
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's so blazze View Post
꺼져라 씨발년아.. 죽여버리기전애 꺼저랴 좆같은 초딩쌔꺄

재밌냐? 혼자 존자 좋다고 놀고 자빠졌내.. 존나 짜증나내..

빨리 꺼져랴, 뒤지기 전애..
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 09:53 AM   #173
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's So BLAZZE View Post
great post since your last lets keep up the hard work
Old 08-6-2009, 11:11 AM   #174
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

+1 Support.
Come on, we need something new.
And I'm tired of this annoying "this will make FFR closer to Stepmania" complaint. Why do people have this obsession with making FFR "different" from Stepmania and avoid putting new features in FFR because of it?

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 11:17 AM   #175
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

You'll note that the only people who are at all official with regards to the site that have posted in this thread haven't said "No because it would be like STepmania" They've said "Not a bad idea, but we have many priorities that are ahead of it"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 11:27 AM   #176
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You'll note that the only people who are at all official with regards to the site that have posted in this thread haven't said "No because it would be like STepmania" They've said "Not a bad idea, but we have many priorities that are ahead of it"
Yes. I know.
But the complaint has happened, and I'm not only talking about this thread. I just hate this complaint, that's all.
And I'm not saying I support the idea to be done immediately, I just want it to happen in the future, if possible. I know there are priorities.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Old 08-6-2009, 11:32 AM   #177
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Well, I think it's less a complaint and more an observation, or at least that's how you should probably take it.

Given the fact that Stepmania completely ignores all copyright and intellectual property issues, thus has a much wider and generally much more enjoyed song selection, has its own seperate and distinct community and so on, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that various and sundry people want FFR to stay reasonably distinct from SM.

If FFR were to be made exactly like SM, I rather suspect many of our more active players would just go play SM instead. it's the ways that FFR is different that keep people playing it.

Now obviously that doesn't mean that "Absolutely anything that is in SM that isn't in FFR can never ever be in FFR" because some things would just be straight up improvements, but that at least explains the resistance some people have to adopting things that are staples of the SM gameplay experience.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 11:37 AM   #178
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I understand people don't want FFR to be identical to SM. I don't want it, either. I just don't want FFR to be completely inferior to SM... Almost every time someone suggests something for FFR, people mention SM. It's just... tiring.

Even though I can download SM and the thousands of stepfiles it has, I just prefer FFR, for some reason.

Old 08-6-2009, 03:31 PM   #179
wargasm1
Cowbelling FFR
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to wargasm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
If FFR were to be made exactly like SM, I rather suspect many of our more active players would just go play SM instead. it's the ways that FFR is different that keep people playing it.

Actually people play ffr cause of the competition, if it was exactly the same as sm with the currents stat setup it would be much better.
wargasm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2009, 03:59 PM   #180
stargroup
FFR Player

don't forget that you have to download stepmania but ffr is freely accessible on the internet anywhere