Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-6-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
User6773

Default TWG XVI Postgame

You all got beat because none of you even cared about finding the wolves and just figured out everyone else would do it for you.

You got beat because none of you would talk.

You got beat because you were too worried about losing to throw out votes just to get people talking, even if it's on poor suspicions.

You got beat because you didn't feel like voting unless you had enough evidence to go on.

You got beat because you played this game like living to the end was more important than finding the wolves.

You got beat because you've spent so much time relying on tons of blues for information that you've forgotten how to think for yourselves.

You got beat because most of you aren't nearly as good as this game as you think you are without being a part of an alliance of known humans.

You got beat because the most common phrase of the game was "I don't know what to think about person X."

You got beat because you were too worried to make enemies that none of you called anybody out on anything.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Old 06-6-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: TWG XVI Postgame

Yup. I had the exact reasoning pegged for both Blah and LD... and I didn't listen to myself.

GG.
Old 06-6-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

*burns his banner*

We need to move to a win-loss format.

Congratulations, guys, this game was less interesting than the most recent DDRFreak game, and that one saw the marked wolf turn on the other wolves and tell all the humans who the wolves were.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-6-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

wow way to fucking knife in box the one person doing shit you fucking idiots.

Old 06-6-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Win-Loss... as in you win if your team wins, regardless if you live?
Old 06-6-2005, 08:20 PM   #6
User6773

*burns all banners*

Pips are retired forever. Thanks guys.

Old 06-6-2005, 08:22 PM   #7
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Oh, and as long as I'm here, I'll compound on chardish's sentiments, as well as explain why we need a new record system.

Simply put, you people are too chickenshit of being wrong.

This is to be expected, as many of you pride yourselves on being high-level thinkers. Now what's the one thing I say that a CTer will absolutely refuse to do? Admit to being wrong. That spills over into this game, because this is actual competition. You're wrong here and you're wrong where it matters, and in a public arena to boot. And at the end of the game, everyone knows you were wrong.

The banner system reflects this. You fuck up, game over and a big fat L for you. The win-loss system is different. You fuck up, you can still win the game. And as long as you won, who cares if you were right or wrong?

I don't want to hear the "I only play to have fun" excuse, because after this game the only person that can still legitimately hide behind that is Kefit because he wasn't a part of this debacle. There was no conversation because everyone was far too afraid of being wrong to try to win or even to try having fun.

aperson definitely deserves exemption because he actually tried to make the game interesting. And what do you people do? You get him killed. In a round where a wolf should have been voted off instead, no less.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
Win-Loss... as in you win if your team wins, regardless if you live?
That is correct.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 06-6-2005, 08:28 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I AM TASS AND I APPROVE THIS CHANGE!

[00:33] TasselFoot: I stop being active for the majority (if not all) of this game... and the whole fucking game dies.
[00:33] TasselFoot: And look... I lived.
[00:33] TasselFoot: I be active... I do lots of shit... the game goes on and my team wins... and I die.
[00:33] TasselFoot: so hell, I'm all for a win/loss system.
[00:34] TasselFoot: means I don't have to be pissed off when I am MVP and get killed.
[00:34] this is chardish: What happened was that people are uncomfortable working in a context where there were no blues.
[00:34] TasselFoot: I just didn't listen to my head. Plain and simple. For everyone else... *shrugs*
[00:34] TasselFoot: I fucked up from my end.
[00:34] this is chardish: People have followed the whole game on lol masons seers psychics vigilantes etc., and suddenly now they had to use their instincts.
[00:34] TasselFoot: Because I had both Blah and LD pegged.
[00:34] this is chardish: You are not exempt from this. You didn't use your head, either.
[00:35] this is chardish: Mead. Holy shit.
[00:35] TasselFoot: [00:34] TasselFoot: I just didn't listen to my head. Plain and simple. For everyone else... *shrugs*
[00:35] this is chardish: I know. I'm just rubbing it in. ; )
[00:35] TasselFoot: I'm the first to admit I'm wrong, or I've messed up.
[00:35] TasselFoot: I could care less if you try and rub it in.
Old 06-6-2005, 08:47 PM   #9
User6773

Basically here's the direction I think this game needs to go in.

1) Abolish jTWG after the current game. It's served its purpose and if its players can't play in the big leagues they probably weren't cut out for it. The "anyone-can-play" variable was really interesting in the early days of TWG, and I think everyone's forgotten about it. The constant influx of newcomers (who could possibly be wolves) encouraged people to use their instincts instead of just passively waiting for someone to make a hypocrisy or "not act as usual."

2) Abolish timed signups. Instead, signups last for 48 hours. Anyone who signs up during that period gets 1 raffle ticket, and the appropriate number of players are randomly drawn.
If you didn't get in the previous game, the number of raffle tickets you had in the previous drawing gets doubled. So you get 2 chances, then 4, then 8, then 16, then 32, etc. Eventually it will be mathematically impossible to not get in. This is to prevent a horrible streak of bad luck from keeping someone out of the game. People who have been plain green 5 or 6 times in a row can relate to this.
NOTE: You must still sign up for each game in order to be considered. If you don't sign up for one, you lose all the raffle tickets you had stored.
SPECIAL SECOND NOTE, IN CASE THERE ARE IDIOTS AMONG US: Once you're in a game you're back to 1 raffle ticket.

3) Abolish banners. I just did this, but please, nobody bring them back. The focus of this game should be the current game, not the overall progression of your e-penis. This isn't the MLB or anything, and no one really cares what your batting average is. Also, no one cares what your batting average was 5 seasons ago, either. (Like the baseball references, Kilga?)
And get them out of your sigs, already.

4) Institute a new rule. 2 phantoms in the same game is a 1 game ban. 3 in the same game is a lifetime ban.

5) Institute a new rule that if you post just saying that you're voting to avoid a phantom, and you don't post anything more that day, it still counts as a phantom. NOTE: How "anything more that day" is interpreted is subject to the host's discretion. So you can't just say "lol hi" to save yourself from the phantom.

Old 06-6-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Uh, can we do all that sign-up-affecting stuff after next game? >_>
Old 06-6-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

How 'bout FFR takes a break from TWG?

Seriously. I really don't have an excuse for being disinterested in the game. I signed up because there was one spot left and Guido offered it to me.

But no one was interested enough in this game. No one. And Chardish is frustrated because he was trying hard and we were dicking around.

So let's take a break, kids. Seriously.

EDIT: Not that it matters, but Blah also had two phantoms. He and LD could both have voted for me and that wouldn't have mattered had the same number of humans voted Blah.
Old 06-6-2005, 09:04 PM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Haha... Panda is right....!!! Once again Chardish ends a game early when he shouldn't have. *laughs* I don't care though.

I agree with Chardish's rules... except #2. TWC will be having a long discussion about this in the next couple of days, whenever we can get all 5 of us online at the same time. Don't expect another TWG for at least a week... probably more.
Old 06-6-2005, 09:10 PM   #13
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
EDIT: Not that it matters, but Blah also had two phantoms. He and LD could both have voted for me and that wouldn't have mattered had the same number of humans voted Blah.
No, because instalynch is still the same number regardless of how many phantoms people have. Once he and LD voted you, game over.

I agree with you about the break though. A month sounds good.

Old 06-6-2005, 09:48 PM   #14
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If the humans had managed to get their asses in gear, it would have worked out fine. It's always been said that REAL votes have more weight than phantoms, so if even two people managed to vote before LD and Blah, we'd have had a KIB at worst. I realize the unlikelihood of this situation.. I'm just saying...
Old 06-6-2005, 10:03 PM   #15
User6773

Rules for phantoms are spelled out in full in the rules thread. If 2 humans had gotten to Blah first, indeed the humans would have won. But the wolves were planning on being there when the topic was unlocked, and Blah was planning on giving Jay his password in case he wasn't there.

And the odds of Jay not being online 24/7? Slim to none. <3

Old 06-6-2005, 10:26 PM   #16
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Half the reason I sit out of games is because I don't have enough time to really put towards them.

The other reason is that I need the breaks. After a while these games become awefully repetitive, and often rather boring. The break helps it seem new again. So, for whatever it counts for (and I am fully aware that is little to nothing), I am in full support of taking a break of a few weeks.

I don't really see the point of the raffle though. This may have been the way to go back when signups filled in under two minutes, but nowadays we seem to have trouble getting enough people to be interested enough to join in the first place.

I've been saying that the banners have needed to dissappear for a long time, and I am glad that they are gone. Yay.

And opening up the games to more players will be a good move, provided there are any intelligent people left on this site who would actually be interested in joining in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 06-6-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

god you guys are completely and utterly wrong with your take on it. If there is an influx of players that want to play, let them all play. Why abolish jTWG? If there are 30 people that want to play, have 2 games, why make a lotto for which ones can play, that's retarded. Why also take a break from it, if people don't want to play, they won't, and games will start wen enough people sign up for them. Also, the reason that the game is getting boring again is because its been the exact same crap every time for a while now. go to the princeton mafia site and add some roles. I just don't want to host because i'd rather play., but there are a ton of great variations to expound upon. (Next person should do kingmaker and one of the other roles) Hell, I'd absolutely love to come up with a set of roles and rules for a game if someone else is willing to do the hosting.

To get around this problem, the best format is actuall this, for a game with all non-retards playing, which it has been recently.

Someone RNG's the roles at the beginning, game begins, and the 3rd party candidate announces the wolf pick for the kill... the person killed night 1 becomes moderator for the game. That's a simple alternative if people don't want to host because they'd rather play. But all the game really needs is a little spicing up, so start looking in the right direction and stop being misguided.

Old 06-6-2005, 11:19 PM   #18
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The break is just a suggestion.

Anyone who wants to take it should take it.

Anyone who wants to keep playing should keep playing, by all means.

But, Blah, it's summer. We should all go outside and get sunburned or something, and come back actually interested in the game.

EDIT: Good job, Blah and LD, btw.
Old 06-7-2005, 02:18 AM   #19
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I have to say I agree with blah on a few points. jTWG is a really good idea. I know it may not bring in as many fresh faces as you guys like, but it does have an audience of it's own. The raffle format compounded with the lack of jTWG is even worse. This means that everyone from TWG, jTWG, and anyone who randomly stumbles upon this forum from critical thinking, will all be competing for the same 12-16 slots. This, is a bad idea.

I'm really sorry about the way this game ended. Everyone was just acting the way I normally do. The next game I play in (Which won't be for about 3 months, actually) I promise to not suck so much, and possibly come up with some original ideas. If I am unable to do that, I will atleast be more active on te forum and discuss more on AIM.
Old 06-7-2005, 02:24 AM   #20
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I'd like to thank Talisman for figuring out TPS

I'd like to thank TPS for being obvious

I'd like to thank Tass for not making me paranoid

I'd like to thank myself for killing the guardian

I'd like to thank blah for being a kick ass partner this entire game

I'd like to thank Chardish for ending the game so I can concentrate on exams

lol, Tass had the game but didn't listen to himself