Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
180digi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 180digi
Default The Hills Have Eyes

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/thehillshaveeyes/

Remake of the 1977 Wes Craven film. Saw a commercial for it last night and i was intrigued to google it and see what it was about. Looks like another one of those horror films where everyone dies for no reason and theres barely any plot. Since it's a remake it may not be as good as the original.

It's supposed to be about a family who survived a nuclear test in the 50s. A family is travelling through the desert in their car when what do you know, the car breaks down and they get stranded. Monsters eating people insues.

Discuss.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
180digi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 180digi
Default Re: The Hills Have Eyes

Ok so how the **** does BAMBI 2 get a million pages worth of replies and this doesnt even get looked at once?!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
Cast_Iron_Dongle
FFR Player

It's also a level in Kid Chameleon.
Cast_Iron_Dongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
opalsangelz
FFR Player

Okay...just for sake of gore, should I see it? or should I not scare my mind with stupidty in the revised script?
Old 03-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I saw it tonight

It was kind of silly

The director was sexist. All of the girls besides a teenager who gets raped and the little baby die. Even the girl dog dies, while the guy dog lives and kicks ass and the girl one gets killed. The only guy that dies is the dad and thats because his name is "Bob". Since when do any BOBS live? Never. They suck because their name is one syllable and no one likes them.

Anyway, it was pretty gory I guess. They showed the mutant faces too much and made it less scary and not as mysterious as it should be. Its kind of sad when the girls die though, and the girl-rape-thing wasn't really necessary.

I recommend to see it for a good laugh if you're a bitch like me.

Some whacko after seeing it came up to us and was like "WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THAT MOVIE LOL!?!? ^_^"

i was like

leave me alone

anyway yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

All of the females died in the original, as well, so I'm not faulting the director on that point. It's from the same guy that did High Tension, another gorey, gorey film.

That being said, I really enjoyed it. It was cringe-worthy at parts, and kind of cheesy in others, but they really kept a level of tension running pretty well throughout the entire thing.

I think the reason they showed the mutants faces so much was to "humanize" them to a certain extent.

But, definitley a B+/A- as far as horror movies go. Excellent blood, alright acting, and parts where you just want to clap the protaganists on the back.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
nickadeemus
The spice must flow.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nickadeemus Send a message via MSN to nickadeemus Send a message via Skype™ to nickadeemus

Gah, I was hoping this movie would really bomb. Now I have to save it on my already way too long Netflix queue; most, if not all environmental effects in a horror movie are lost when coming though my computer speakers, so surround is the only way to go to salvage it.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #8
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Blah blah blah

Another pointless slasher that once again tries to shock the audiences so much they won't realize the movie sucks. At least SAW II was original. This was just a pointless rehash that didn't add anything new to either the genre or the original flick. Gore, violence, yeah yeah, seen it all before. What exactly was Alexandre Aja's point?

And for the record- Rottentomatoes Rating = 49%
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm sorry, I forget the part where every horror film has to re-invent the genre.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
Quicker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

As far as horror movies goes it wasn't that scary, but it was entertaining.

Beast was my favorite. Killing Beauty was the biggest mistake those freaks made lol. Everytime Beast killed 1 of those bastids every1 in the audience went wild XD
Quicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Same. And when Doug just went ape-**** on every mutant, there were many, many cheers.

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!