Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
spring25960
Banned

Default Top Side-Scrolling MMORPGs

1. Dragon Saga
Official Link: https://www.warpportal.com/

Dragon Saga (formerly known as Dragonica) is a 3D side scrolling fantasy themed action MMORPG. Set in a world of dragons and magic, Dragon Saga takes adventurers across the windswept land of El Grego to the far reaches of the world. Gorgeous visuals complement lightning fast combat while 3D battlegrounds let you get the upper hand on opponents. Dragon Saga is the only fantasy action massively multiplayer game that merges innovative 3D side-scrolling, arcade combat, and a comical, yet devastating, skill system into a single MMO. Combining vibrant graphics and expansive player freedom, Dragon Saga breathes new life into the traditional side-scrolling MMO and is set to become one of the leading free-to-play MMOs in the industry.

2. Dungeon Fighter Online
Official Link: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

Dungeon Fighter Online transports players into the mystical realm of Arad where dangerous dungeons abound. Gamers battle monsters as an individual explorer or team up to journey through exclusive multiplayer dungeons. Like other Nexon titles, the game's controls are easy to learn and can be tailored to personal preferences. Players can choose from five distinct character classes - Fighter, Gunner, Mage, Priest and Swordsman - each featuring a unique set of abilities and powerful attack combinations. Each class further specializes into four sub-classes, which opens up further skills and customization.

3. MapleStory
Official Link: http://maplestory.nexon.net/

Maplestory is a fun, 2D side-scrolling fantasy MMORPG with cartoony graphics. The game is certainly one of the most popular free-to-play MMORPGs, as it has a massive community and a lot of features. The game has a large world to explore, varied classes, unique platforming party quests, and so much more. Maplestory practically started the entire free-to-play genre, as it was really the first successful free MMORPG.

4. Mini Fighter
Official Link: http://global.netmarble.com/minifighter/

Mini Fighter is an action-filled, side-scrolling fighting game that features massively multiplayer online battles with up to 200 combatants. Players can level-up their fighters and compete in a wide variety of modes, from Grand Arena matches to Boss fights and daily Castle Sieges.

5. Wonder King
Official Link: http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

This 2D, side-scrolling MMORPG takes players on a wildly adventurous journey with story-by-story quests, much like a fantasy novel. Players will travel from beautiful beaches to murky marshlands and frigid snowfields as they take on the mantle of WonderKing to save the world. Designed for gamers of all ages, WonderKing's character advancement system allows players to grow into higher classes, each designed to suit different play styles.
spring25960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
JSH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Top Side-Scrolling MMORPGs

haha nice
Dragon Saga is pretty fun
Played for a while :P

And like almost everyone played Maple Story before
Probably one of the most popular ftp mmorpg
I heard Dungeon Fighter was fun but never tried it

Never heard of the other two
and you have the link for Wonder King wrong :P
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Out of this list, Wonderking is by far my favorite.

In closed beta, I made like a bajillion accounts and collected so many CB-exclusive items.
Holding onto them, and hopefully in a few years they will become the "partyhat" items of the game.

EDIT: Already, they are worth over 10M a piece, as apposed to 1k when the game was released
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Out of this list, Wonderking is by far my favorite.

In closed beta, I made like a bajillion accounts and collected so many CB-exclusive items.
Holding onto them, and hopefully in a few years they will become the "partyhat" items of the game.

EDIT: Already, they are worth over 10M a piece, as apposed to 1k when the game was released
lol so smart.

Reminds me of my buddy from WoW, he paid for one semester of college with Thistle Tea recipes from classic he sold in Wrath of the Lich King for like $100 real money each.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote