Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #501
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Things change all the time.

And call me crazy, but it sorta makes sense to nerf the heroism, I think they want us to rely on something else.

Or to make it harder, which I can see.

Holy crap, did you see all the buffing they gave druids and paladins? That really ticks me off. I'm glad I'm leveling a paladin to tank with. =/

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-24-2009 at 06:59 AM..
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #502
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Bloodlust / Heroism isn't a skill you "rely" on. It's a skill that makes bosses less tedious. I use bloodlust on every other boss in 5-mans regardless of difficulty, just because I want to hurry through it.

Let's take bosses that have phases for example. And for this example, let's use the one with the most annoying phase: Heigan. Now, with Bloodlust and a good group, you might only have to do phase 2 one time. This is good for multiple reasons. One, the dance is annoying and nobody likes to do it. Two, this is where most of your deaths come from and you're almost guaranteed to get at least half the group killed during this phase.

Now think about every fight where a tiny delay in DPS can lead to another two or three minutes of tedious fighting. Noth teleports every 110 seconds. If you can drop him before 220 seconds, you don't have to suffer through the stupid adds phase a second time, which wastes an additional 70 seconds. What could be a three minute fight suddenly turns into a five minute fight. He's not easier or harder, he's just less time-consuming. Considering how long it takes to run Naxx already, time is important.

Now guess who comes after Noth? Yeah, Heigan. You go through Epic Alley, which takes three minutes, and then you're staring at Heigan for 7 minutes waiting for Sated/Exhausted to cool because you don't want to do the dance three times.

Do you hate these changes yet? The only thing this does is force people to idle during the cooldown. If you make people idle, then people start doing stupid things. People accidentally pull, people AFK and forget to come back, etc. Tell me how this is good for the game, because I'd love to hear it.

People are already suggesting de-equipping everything and dying after every boss so the debuff drops. Seriously.

And speaking of Bloodlust, I was running Violet Hold with a pug last night (it was the daily) and I always use BL on the 6th and 18th portals, regardless of the boss order (damn 12th voidwalker). Well, I did it this time as well and we dropped her before it even ran out. The Recount timer said 34 seconds. I pulled 5,000 DPS and a mage pulled 5.7k. She didn't even get a chance to do Arcane Grip (the skill that pulls everyone directly under her and drops all aggro). Would we have wiped without bloodlust? No. But the fight took significantly less time so we could move on to another dungeon afterwards.

The only part of Bloodlust I'd nerf is using it alone. When I BL myself I can take on most 5+ man quests. Not all, of course. Some of those elites are just ridiculous. The best solution for Bloodlust would be to make it like they've made potions--one time per battle. They were obviously aiming for this as some fights can last over 5 minutes and having two shaman means another bloodlust (hay 3D Sarth), but this is not the way to do it. Simple concept here--if the fight starts with Sated/Exhausted on, it will not drop until the fight ends. This prevents groups from using BL right before engaging, unlike the potion trick of using one right beforehand and then using another mid-fight.

Last edited by Squeek; 02-24-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #503
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

Changes between the realease of patch notes and the actual patch usually stop 5 to 6 days before the release of the patch. So that cd may be x'd by the time the patch comes out. And I feel your pain. The CD of Heart of the Phoneix (Returns your pet back with full health) is 10 minutes. Which I suppose isn't a big deal, as your pet souldn't die anyways, but is a real pain on back to back bosses.

Question: What is the meaning of life?
Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #504
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Heigan is easy. If you can't dance, quit WoW.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #505
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Dammit.

They nerfed my glyph. Thanks, again, Blizz.

No, I don't want or need another 5% crit with heroic strike. I'm having a hard enough time generating rage as it is without you taking away one of the main ways of getting it!

EDIT: I don't really see the problem in this.

If you want to pay the repair bill, go for it, just wipe up. Otherwise you'll have to last a little longer in the dance.

Hell, we did Heigan for the first time last night and got him down the second try.

With 9 in the raid, and 2 dead. He's not so hard you require something like that. =/

EDIT 2:

Holy crap. If glyph of shield wall and the improved disciplines stack, that's 40% damage reduction for 10-12 seconds? every minute.

YES. DO WANT.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.

Last edited by Solid Dreams; 02-24-2009 at 10:33 AM..
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #506
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

That nerf doesn't make sense to me either. I think the idea was to ensure that there will only be one Bloodlust per boss fight, but then why can't they just make it so that shamans can't cast Bloodlust a second time in a fight like the same way we can't use two potions within the same encounter.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #507
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho View Post
Heigan is easy. If you can't dance, quit WoW.
Even since my first time there, I never once died to that. The guy in vent basically said "I'm going to explain this briefly, but if this is your first time, you're going to die anyway, so just don't worry about it."

Group 5 (my group) had a 100% success rate. We kicked ass. I even threw several attacks at him my first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsugomaru
That nerf doesn't make sense to me either. I think the idea was to ensure that there will only be one Bloodlust per boss fight, but then why can't they just make it so that shamans can't cast Bloodlust a second time in a fight like the same way we can't use two potions within the same encounter.
Several people on the WoW forums have suggested this (which is where I got my idea from too), so hopefully they listen before it goes live.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 AM   #508
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Had my first Master Loot breakdown happen today. Of course, it happened to me.

Two shoulders dropped from OS25. One of them was an upgrade for me, and again, I was the only spellcasting mail-wearer (I'm starting to love the rarity of my class and the beauty of the armor type we have). The first was leather, and a few druids rolled on it. ML handed out the mail shoulders to the person instead of the leather.

I have no idea how the process of getting it fixed works but the druid put in a GM ticket for them and I assume they'll be removed from his inventory and placed in mine in due course.

It's funny because just before the fight I was talking in guild about how the shoulders I had were ugly and that I couldn't wait to replace them. Sadly, these new shoulders are even uglier. Only 26 more Valor tokens until I get my hawt shoulders...

And oh yeah Naxx has been a bitch. Not once has a hunter/warrior/shaman token dropped in any of my runs. Some people who have been running for longer said this has been a trend for a while now as the 4-man token seems to drop all the time.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #509
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, I noticed that as well.

And it sucks because not only do I have a healer shaman who actually comes close to trumping me in priority in tokens, I also have a hunter who cries everytime something that drops he might use, he loses.

(My guild has a nice policy of MT/OT > Healer > DPS for token drops, considering we have a lot of DPS that swap out and flake out.)

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #510
Necamus
FFR Player

So, my guild is extremely new. I'm pretty much in charge of the guild, being the only officer besides the guild master, and she's rarely online. At the moment, there are three level 80s: my paladin (have put out 2.5k DPS), a DK (1.8k?), and a rogue (less than 1.5k last I heard). All melee DPS. There are two other high 70s, a DK who has been collecting tank gear, and a paladin that will respec to holy at 80.

I'm gonna be responsible for getting this ragtag group into heroics. I was wondering what the easiest heroic would be to start with, considering it's all melee DPS, so AoE damage would probly have to be minimal, though the soon to be holy paladin is experienced and will hopefully be pretty good. Not so sure about that DK tank.

I've been told the three easiest heroic 5mans are Nexus, Violet Hold, and Utgarde Keep. Would a group of mostly fresh 80s in Northrend quest gear be able to pull these off? I've got some pre-raid best in slot pieces myself, but I know the other two DPS are still in 90% quest gear. If we likely couldn't do any of those, are there any other entry level heroics?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #511
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

In quest gear? You may be able to do H Nex and UK. Violet Hold may be a bit of a challenge. I'd do Nex and UK for abit until you get some better gear. Go for Violet and fom there do the othe instances.

Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #512
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I wouldn't say VH is easy for a fresh Heroic group. For example, your healer has to be extremely well-geared. There are no breaks during this dungeon. The same goes for The Culling of Stratholme (CoS).

Nex and UK are the two easiest dungeons to run, without a doubt, with the third easiest (and most fun) being Drak'Tharon Keep. But why not start on regular dungeons? Get your bearings, learn how the bosses work, etc. The regular ones drop loot that will gear you up for Heroics. You don't have to do Nexus or UK over and over again (unless gear drops from there), you can do Halls of Lightning or Gun'Drak or something. The best part about running regular dungeons is that you can do them over and over again for drops if you have to, whereas heroics are but once a day.

I know you want Emblems, but trust me, it's worth it to learn the dungeons first and then start tackling them. Emblems start to come so easily once you have the combination of experience and gear. In any given day, for no good reason, I run five heroics. That's an average of 25 heroism emblems every day. I've already bought everything worth buying and then some, yet I still do heroics. And since you have a guild with exactly the right setup for every 5-man in the game (save for the lack of ranged dps), you're free to run them all the time without pugging anyone. Our guild's tank left for a while and we had been forced to pug a tank every night, until the tank we seemed to always get just ended up joining the guild.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #513
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

There are breaks during the dungeon, it's just you have to wait every 6 waves of mobs before your healer can get a break to drink.

If your tank is geared enough(almost all BiS), you can run with a resto shaman and never really need a heal. I've done this multiple times, and I'm geared to the point where I can pull a whole room and only need a heal here and there.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #514
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

heroic nexus sucks if you start out with a shaman healer.

and VH was pretty easy even in quest gear, for my healer.

My problem now is I can't really get valor emblems, because nobody wants a tank who hasnt done naxx 10 to tank naxx 25.

But I can't do naxx 10 because my guildies only want to raid on monday, which ISNT ENOUGH TIME.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #515
Vuture
FFR Player

Do some PUG runs.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #516
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

Yeah seriously, even if you did a pug 10 man and went through half of the raid, the odds are very high that you'll get at least one piece of 10 man naxx gear. Possibly more if the other tank is pretty geared through 10 man. Which at this point is a pretty good possibility.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #517
Necamus
FFR Player

Thanks for the replies.

For H VH, the healer is a paladin.. perhaps he could get away with using Divine Plea between waves to keep his mana up?

Turns out the tank is not defense capped yet. Could be a problem. So we're running normal dungeons tonight in the hope of getting him def capped, along with working on the rogue's gear. Rogue only has something like 42 hit rating.. compared to the 442 hit cap. Awesome sauce.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #518
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Heroic VH is easily doable if you have an extremely good healer. When I wasn't as geared, even with a decent group, I was still a little pressured because I had to watch my mana. However, now that I'm geared, I've taken some of the worst groups through this instance. There was a time where our tank had 15k hp and had half dps gear and we managed to get through it. We almost made it through UP as well, but the dps must have felt he was not capable enough to do Skadi.

It seems both the main tank and I have the same problems with gear. The last couple of raid runs, I've been passing all the gear from the lower level bosses to people who would hugely benefit from it. However, the first reaction of the master looter is, "hey, he doesn't have that healing piece, he obviously needs it". I don't mind that the master looter is willing to tip the rolls in my favor, but I really don't care about slightly better gear, especially if it's a huge improvement for someone else. The tank has the same problem to. We get a lot of tanking gear in the raid and most of it is not as good as the gear he currently has, but the guild always makes sure to try to convince him it's better for him. Of course when he needed Last Laugh and some tanking pants, the guild wanted to give it to the offtank.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #519
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Solid, drop some avoidance if you're having trouble building rage. That 5% increased crit will actually be very good for threat generation, though.

What glyphs do you use? I'm interested in knowing. Mine are, Glyph of Cleaving, Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Sunder Armor(Cleave and Sunder help massively with AoE tanking), Glyph of Bloodrage, Glyph of Charge and Glyph of Thunderclap.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 AM   #520
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&n=Elessidel
Just joined a high-end guild on Frostmane yesterday, and went into my second 25 Naxx with them tonight. [First I was a pug with 24 of them]

Tonights run I got pants, shoulders, mainhand, and feet.
In the previous run with them I got my head, wand, tier chest and gloves [which are now replaced with T7[emblem] gloves.]]

So I'm am offically fully epic'd now.
About damn time.

Yes, I realize I'm not fully enchanted yet, just as I realize I need to regem. Most of the gems I have are temp.

[2319 sp dmg with armor on, and Felguard out. Just respecced after the raid. My crit went from 12% to 27% just from respec O.o]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.

Last edited by Momoko_Katsura; 02-26-2009 at 04:47 AM..
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote