Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-1-2007, 10:12 PM   #361
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Default Re: Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowgod View Post
Why the hell do people like naruto so much?
1/4 of the world are retards.
Old 08-1-2007, 10:23 PM   #362
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The fans of Naruto are the most retarded people I've ever met.

The show was alright, until it was dubbed in English on Cartoon Network.
Old 08-1-2007, 10:38 PM   #363
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
The fans of Naruto are the most retarded people I've ever met.

The show was alright, until it was dubbed in English on Cartoon Network.
The show was bad even before it was dubbed.
Old 08-1-2007, 10:41 PM   #364
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

No, even I admit it was good for a while.

Then it became exceedingly redundant. Then the fillers hit.

Now it's among the crappiest shows I've ever seen.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2007, 11:29 PM   #365
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was ok when they actually showed the gore.

Now it's just retarded. And ridiculously crappy.
Old 08-2-2007, 12:56 AM   #366
GothicShoujo
FFR Player

Please, don't generalize Naruto fans. >_> I'm a fan of Naruto, and I'm not retarded. You must be referring to the overly obnoxious 12-year-old Narutards that spam the web. xP The bigger the fandom, the more the tards. And, unfortunately, since Naruto has a big fandom, the tards seem to stand out more and overshadow the intelligent fans. -_-; Oh well, so is life...

xP I find the series amazing, actually. And I'm not ashamed to say, that it's my favorite anime/manga series (so far). -3- It's very deep, creative, and unique. And forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but in my opinion, most people who hate Naruto don't seem to look into it deep enough. Other than that, I don't really see what's wrong with the series. >>;
GothicShoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2007, 02:21 PM   #367
zim311
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zim311 Send a message via Yahoo to zim311 Send a message via Skype™ to zim311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayoku View Post
Yup this thread is about the blonde headed track suit whereing Ninja, Naruto.
I want ur opinion about the show and if u like it or not.So far there are more than 100 episodes in the series.
I think its pretty good besides all the filler arcs.

Moderator Edit

After discussion, we've decided to play the game like this.

This is the thread for any and all Naruto discussion. It cannot be discussed anywhere else. It cannot be mentioned anywhere else. It cannot be referenced anywhere else. Do not even speak of its name anywhere else.

If there is a Naruto post outside of this thread, I will merge it in here and warn you not to do it again. Yes, I even mean in the "Favorite anime" threads that keep getting re-re-re-created every three weeks. Frankly, if your favorite anime is Naruto, you haven't seen any real animes.

Carry on.
yeah. although personally bleach is better.

P.S. This Siggy will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
*Random fireworks*
zim311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2007, 02:24 PM   #368
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Even bleach got pretty bad during the Bounto(spelling?) filler. Fate/staynight and black lagoon are the best animes I've seen.
Old 08-2-2007, 03:58 PM   #369
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicShoujo View Post
Other than that, I don't really see what's wrong with the series. >>;
Hey! It's orochimaru! He's doing something bad! Let's kill him!

Oh noes, he killed the strongest person in the world. Good thing he hit him with this thing that makes it so he can't do ANYTHING

K, so now it's 2 on 1 and these guys are the strongest in the world against a guy who can't do ANYTHING. Wait, they lost? Hax.

K, so now sasuke is back and I'm going to spend 190238190283 episodes saying the same thing. 'lets go get sasuke guyz'

So now every episode is LETS KILL OROCHIMARU / LETS SAVE SASUKE. It wouldn't be bad, except THEY NEVER ACHIEVE THIS GOAL.

Shounen anime villains are never supposed to last 200+ episodes. They get boring, and there's supposed to be someone worse out there. Someone who's better.

Bleach, for example. First few episodes, it's all hollows. Hollows are the bad guys. Then you see a menos. Oh crap it's a menos. Then you see Renji and Byakuya. They're the new rivals. Ichigo goes off to fight them. After them it's Aizen. During that it's Grimmjow.

See how this works? There are multiple "rly bad guyz" along the way, but once the main one goes down, there're always more. And Bleach isn't even remotely close to the number of episodes Naruto has.

One Piece does it best, though. But that's because One Piece is the best show ever made, so comparing anything to it is like comparing ten million dollars with a pile of animal dung.
Old 08-2-2007, 04:48 PM   #370
GothicShoujo
FFR Player

*WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead.*

@Squeek: That's kinda shallow, isn't it? There's so much more to the series that you're missing. There's the Akatsuki, their goal to capture all of the Naruto and all of the Jinchuuriki and extract the powers of all nine demons. There's Sasuke's older brother, Itachi, whom is the exact reason why Sasuke left the village and why he went to Orochimaru. There's also the dynamic of Team 7 (the bonds between, which is one of the most important points of the whole damn series. Most of the series focuses not only focuses on the action between the main characters, Orochimaru, Itachi, and the Akatsuki, but several important themes such as defying your destiny, believing in yourself, how you have the power to change yourself, and protecting those who are most important to you.

And there's still so much more to it. Like I said before, most people who hate the Naruto series aren't looking into it deep enough. Don't diss an anime series if you don't know what it's really about. But, oh well, shallow or not, we all have our opinions.
Old 08-2-2007, 05:37 PM   #371
f1ng3rman7
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'll just shove this randomly in here. Heres what I hate about it. Why the heck do they waste all their time putting that basic 2 minutes of nothing at the end introducing the characters we already know? Now they just plainly put so much conversation it takes a whole 5 episodes to get to a fight rather than it being 5 episodes of a large fight before it got to fillers. Oh and fillers, what the heck were they thinking? Its not even caught up to the manga.

Oh and whatever. There will always be that one show, movie, anime, song, band, or music video that half the world loves and the other half hates or doesn't care. I just stick with it all being cool. Whatever you like is fine with me. I may not like what you like and you may not like what I like, but just respect each other. I like Naruto, but it wouldn't be my favorite. If NGE didn't end like it did... Oh and One Piece is action funny. Respect.

Last edited by f1ng3rman7; 08-2-2007 at 05:45 PM..
f1ng3rman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2007, 07:04 PM   #372
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any anime dubbed into English and than put onto Cartoon Network's adult swim becomes gay. There is no redemption for such a crime.
Old 08-2-2007, 11:10 PM   #373
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicShoujo View Post
*WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead.*

@Squeek: That's kinda shallow, isn't it? There's so much more to the series that you're missing. There's the Akatsuki, their goal to capture all of the Naruto and all of the Jinchuuriki and extract the powers of all nine demons. There's Sasuke's older brother, Itachi, whom is the exact reason why Sasuke left the village and why he went to Orochimaru. There's also the dynamic of Team 7 (the bonds between, which is one of the most important points of the whole damn series. Most of the series focuses not only focuses on the action between the main characters, Orochimaru, Itachi, and the Akatsuki, but several important themes such as defying your destiny, believing in yourself, how you have the power to change yourself, and protecting those who are most important to you.

And there's still so much more to it. Like I said before, most people who hate the Naruto series aren't looking into it deep enough. Don't diss an anime series if you don't know what it's really about. But, oh well, shallow or not, we all have our opinions.
Just so you know, I have seen the show, and I used to read the manga. The manga chapters that started shippuden were the ones I hated the most.

I am well aware of what the show is about. I just think it's overly redundant and needs to move on instead of dragging its feet in the sand for the entire time. If you compare Naruto with the progress of stories and plots of other Shounen anime, you'd see that what was 200 episodes of Naruto was 20-50 in another show. It's not that they're fast-paced. It's that they have a direction and they go toward it at all times. Naruto seems to have lost its direction and just goes in random places.

And finally, all shounen anime have similar messages. They're unrealistic though. Do you have a demon sealed in your body living in a village full of ninjas? 'fraid not.

@Paex: Not all. Cowboy Bebop was very well-done. Bleach is decent (one of my favorite voice actors does Ichigo). It just depends on who licenses it. 4kids destroys every show they come across, but FUNImation doesn't do that bad of a job. And since 4kids lost their license on One Piece, FUNImation picked it up. We're still waiting to see how it turns out.
Old 08-2-2007, 11:47 PM   #374
GothicShoujo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Just so you know, I have seen the show, and I used to read the manga. The manga chapters that started shippuden were the ones I hated the most.

I am well aware of what the show is about. I just think it's overly redundant and needs to move on instead of dragging its feet in the sand for the entire time. If you compare Naruto with the progress of stories and plots of other Shounen anime, you'd see that what was 200 episodes of Naruto was 20-50 in another show. It's not that they're fast-paced. It's that they have a direction and they go toward it at all times. Naruto seems to have lost its direction and just goes in random places.

And finally, all shounen anime have similar messages. They're unrealistic though. Do you have a demon sealed in your body living in a village full of ninjas? 'fraid not.

@Paex: Not all. Cowboy Bebop was very well-done. Bleach is decent (one of my favorite voice actors does Ichigo). It just depends on who licenses it. 4kids destroys every show they come across, but FUNImation doesn't do that bad of a job. And since 4kids lost their license on One Piece, FUNImation picked it up. We're still waiting to see how it turns out.
Yeah, I agree that Naruto episodes drag on alot. >> It's annoying, but it doesn't deflate my interest in Naruto in the slightest. xD;

And I don't think that the messages are unrealistic. The story and theme is unrealistic, but hey, that's what makes the show interesting.
Old 08-3-2007, 05:08 AM   #375
f1ng3rman7
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
Any anime dubbed into English and than put onto Cartoon Network's adult swim becomes gay. There is no redemption for such a crime.
The first time I heard that... Oh my... I wanted to shoot the tv. Whoever decided that that person should be Naruto's voice is dumb.

Oh and very time they put that one random episode in which they're are doing C/D class missions while everyone else is aligned with the actual story line.Thats where it drags on the most just because they have to add a number. Adding 50 or so episodes of nothing that had to do with the storyline was the biggest waste of time. If it's not part of the story that keeps you captivated to watch it, what the heck was the point? I really want to know what their point was.

(P.S. - Bleach dubbed in english is pretty good.)
f1ng3rman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2007, 05:31 AM   #376
legault123456789
FFR Player

I HATE the English version but the characters are awesome
legault123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2007, 08:06 AM   #377
tri edge
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tri edge

well cartoon network has ruined perfect anime so many times like outlaw star, yu yu hakusho, pisses me off, i think if the anime of naruto wanted to catch up with the manga, there are liek 30 filler episodes from 140-ish through 180. only major character was raiga who was one of the seven swordsman of the mist. the last 5 episodes were actual story related with seimei and gaara

tri edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2007, 09:12 AM   #378
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

The best English voice actors are Johnny Yong Bosch, Tara Strong and Scott Menville.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #379
mow123
FFR Player

ok Naruto is better then Bleach as of right now. Bleach is just oh lets save rukia yeah we did that now lets go save Orihime and on the way we'll fight random guys (for the most part) first off... has any bleach characters turned to evil for sure? no, not really it hints that Orihime wants to get stronger by siding with them, so she can destroy them. Has anyone turned in naruto? yes Has any non filler chacters died in bleach? no. Has any important chatacters in naruto died? only the ruler of the leaf village. Also this "lets kill orochimaru" is true but isn't bleach, "lets kill Aizen cause he did one thing bad?" Also you must realize naruto is so much larger of a series Shippuden is really when the main plot starts and everything after sauskue leaving is a big "bounto arc" also know as letting the manga get ahead of the anime. since naruto is much longer the filler arc was alot longer. Iam not saying bleach is bad all Iam saying is that bleach and naruto are the same as in "We fight guys to move along the story." its just that one is longer than the other. I say naruto is better right now because in naruto they are fighting a main chacter against a main chacter rather then in bleach a main chacter agaist a random undeveloped chacater. so there is no suspense becuase you know that the main chacter is going to win. I do have to say when they get further along bleach is going to be neck and neck with naruto. (once bleach gets along to fighting the main bad chacters.)
mow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #380
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Okay, okay, okay. Reading the first two sentences of this just made me angry. time to break down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mow123 View Post
ok Naruto is better then Bleach as of right now. Bleach is just oh lets save rukia yeah we did that now lets go save Orihime and on the way we'll fight random guys (for the most part)
To begin with, Bleach is a hell of a lot better than Naruto. At least they are fighting and training for a reason. Not just, "GAH I WANNA ****IN' GET STRONGER SO I CAN BE HOKAGE!" They started with that point, then people turned for the worst and now they're in "LET'S SAVE Sasuke" mode. (Cough so you can't even complain about that happening in bleach)

Quote:
first off... has any bleach characters turned to evil for sure? no, not really it hints that Orihime wants to get stronger by siding with them, so she can destroy them.
....Aizen, Gin, Tosen. 3 of the apprently strongest people in the series seeing as they are captain level Shinigami. Orihime isn't saying she'll turn evil to become stronger, but she'll go along with their little plot to gain the trust so she can destroy the Orb of Distortion.

Quote:
Has anyone turned in naruto? yes Has any non filler chacters died in bleach? no. Has any important chatacters in naruto died? only the ruler of the leaf village. Also this "lets kill orochimaru" is true but isn't bleach, "lets kill Aizen cause he did one thing bad?"
Like I said earlier, Aizen, Gin, Tosen. Who cares if anyone who isn't a filler character died? Orochimaru has been alive for like 300+ episodes now (Naruto and Shippuden) and how far have they gotten with killing him? ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE. And the funny part of it is, there's no huge epic battle about it that will go on for episodes and episodes. Sasuke's going to ****ing rape him in about 3 seconds. Aizen was known about for about 15 episodes. Not including the filler arc he's been officially labeled as a villian for 40 some episodes. At least they've infiltrated his base of operations and are fighting their way through his minions in order to kill him. Aizen's "one bad thing" was more like several really ****ing bad things, such as, faking his death, framing other Captains within soul society, steals the Orb of distotion, sides with the hollows along with 2 other captains and creates an army of Arrancar so that he can overthrow all of soul society and take the kings key and etc etc. Yeah, "one bad thing."

Quote:
Also you must realize naruto is so much larger of a series Shippuden is really when the main plot starts and everything after sauskue leaving is a big "bounto arc" also know as letting the manga get ahead of the anime. since naruto is much longer the filler arc was alot longer.
Do some ****ing research before you make obscene statements. Naruto's filler went for 78 episodes. Bleach's went for 45. That's a little under half of how many fillers Naruto had. If you take all of the Naruto episodes (and shippuden) you get about double of how many episodes bleach has. So far bleach has done better than Naruto and compressed it into about half of the time.

Quote:
Iam not saying bleach is bad all Iam saying is that bleach and naruto are the same as in "We fight guys to move along the story."
If that's the case, you could say that about most any anime out there.

Quote:
its just that one is longer than the other. I say naruto is better right now because in naruto they are fighting a main chacter against a main chacter rather then in bleach a main chacter agaist a random undeveloped chacater.
But at least they'll get somewhere fighting a "random undeveloped character." Where is Naruto going to end up after fighting Orochimaru? Not gonna lie, he's probably gonna lose the fight and Orochimaru will barely escape with his life. Then the process starts over again. In Bleach they give you enough of a description of who Ichigo or whichever protagonist is fighting to care. Some they will describe more than others completely dependent on their ranking in power. They explain most of the people they've killed off fairly well. At least well enough for me to care who they are and what their story was.

Quote:
so there is no suspense becuase you know that the main chacter is going to win. I do have to say when they get further along bleach is going to be neck and neck with naruto. (once bleach gets along to fighting the main bad chacters.)
"Oh, hey, Naruto's fighting ________, I bet you he'll either win or tie with the person or just not ****ing die"

Oh hey, that's happened EVERY. ****ING. TIME.

I'm done, this rant was not worth it but goddamn do I hate it when people say Naruto is better than Bleach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote