Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Psittacosis
AKA Cold Kitten

Send a message via Skype™ to Psittacosis
Default My ATH-M50's just got here...

And I want to thank everyone who told me to buy them. This is pretty much the best investment I've made in awhile.

It's like putting glasses on for the first time (well, sort of. you know what I mean.) I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING.

It pretty much sounds like it's coming from inside my head, not from the speakers. It's wonderful. @__@

So, yeah. Thanks guys. :P I love them <3
Psittacosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Default Re: My ATH-M50's just got here...

i have ATH-M30's, wanna trade (pls)?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Psittacosis
AKA Cold Kitten

Send a message via Skype™ to Psittacosis

No. Definitely not happening. xD

Last edited by Psittacosis; 05-31-2013 at 04:41 PM..
Psittacosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
DayMan951
yfwdbwdsb
FFR Veteran

welcome to da club. happy to hear you're happy with them.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

might grab a pair when I go to school this summer

nice buy 8)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'll be going for the ATH-M50 myself later during the year, best fucking choice you could have made.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

You say that until you get yourself a pair of Audeze LCD-2's with a WA6SE.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, you say that until you can afford yourself five times the price of an ATH-M50.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Grats, you're using the same headphones preferred by every proffesional recording studio in america

lul

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson ultima View Post
Spend 10x as much to have the same frequency response as ATH-M50s, but OMG THEY'RE BAMBOO YEEEAAHH

Last edited by Ohaider; 05-31-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Ohaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohaider View Post
Grats, you're using the same headphones preferred by every proffesional recording studio in america

lul

edit:

Spend 10x as much to have the same frequency response as ATH-M50s, but OMG THEY'RE BAMBOO YEEEAAHH

You make yourself sound like an asshat to anyone that actually knows audio. ATH m50's sound nowhere as good as the sennheiser HD650s and the 650s don't sound as good as the LCD2s. Not to mention that you don't even need an amp for the ATH-M50s since they are clearly for a more casual listening experience. Please tell me more about how frequency response is the only thing that matters when it comes to headphones. You seem to forget about Speed and sound stage but hey thats cool you must be headphone supremus over at head-fi. If you want to be a tard be my guest, but don't give me your cancer.

Last edited by Tyson ultima; 05-31-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Tyson ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
so expensive doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You make yourself sound like an asshat to anyone that actually knows audio. ATH m50's sound nowhere as good as the sennheiser HD650s and the 650s don't sound as good as the LCD2s. Not to mention that you don't even need an amp for the ATH-M50s since they are clearly for a more casual listening experience. Please tell me more about how frequency response is the only thing that matters when it comes to headphones. You seem to forget about Speed and sound stage but hey thats cool you must be headphone supremus over at head-fi. If you want to be a tard be my guest, but don't give me your cancer.
whoa whoa whoa whoa jesus christ calm down there buddy

i can't seem to recall mentioning 650s, i just said that LCD2s suck lmao
their cute little soundstage for a little height is NOT worth the money, and apparently oops studios agree

Sennheiser is brilliance though

Last edited by Ohaider; 05-31-2013 at 08:51 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohaider View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa jesus christ calm down there buddy

i can't seem to recall mentioning 650s, i just said that LCD2s suck lmao
their cute little soundstage is NOT worth the money, and apparently oops studios agree

Sennheiser is brilliance though
Lol do you even audio?

You seem to be judging Sennheiser as a whole which is fine but you aren't focusing on the headphones individually. The 650s are a good overall headphone with colored sound which is fine for some people. The hd800s in their own class are like the microscope of headphones while sounding very bright which is a con to some people. HOWEVER the LCD-2s have a nice extended bass with liquid mids. Sure the LCD3s aren't worth the thousand over LCD-2s BUT the LCD 2s are definitely not crappy in any way and Tyll (who is the owner of headphones.com) consider the LCD-3s his listening headphones and so do many other people on head-fi as well. So consider them in the same realm of listening experience they are both very end game headphones

source:Speaking from experience who owns both pair

Last edited by Tyson ultima; 05-31-2013 at 09:03 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Lol do you even audio?

You seem to be judging Sennheiser as a whole which is fine but you aren't focusing on the headphones individually. The 650s are a good overall headphone with colored sound which is fine for some people. The hd800s in their own class are like the microscope of headphones while sounding very bright which is a con to some people. HOWEVER the LCD-2s have a nice extended bass with liquid mids. Sure the LCD3s aren't worth the thousand over LCD-2s BUT the LCD 2s are definitely not crappy in any way and Tyll (who is the owner of headphones.com) consider the LCD-3s his listening headphones and so do many other people on head-fi as well. So consider them in the same realm of listening experience they are both very end game headphones
I was about to mention the HD800s for those that are basically just trying to spend all of their money on the absolute top of the line lol, they're rated the best overall on like from like every source. Soundonsound, keyboard mag, headroom audio

and what do you know, they're cheaper than LCD2s

i don't get why your initial post didn't just say HD800s haha
Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Okay you trollin son? Okay you must be.

HD 800s are 1500
LCD 2s are 1000

You can't even really compare the two because they both utilize different strengths. Sure the HD800s might be accurate, but their bright sound can easily be clarified as ear stinging when it comes to the striking of a cymbal. The LCD 2s are colored and can easily be differed as having a warm like sound similar to the HD650s. Btw if you want to take the collective opinions of people on head-fi for recommended headphones.

1. HD 650s (clearly price efficiency)
2. ATH m50s ( Again price efficiency for performance factor)
3. Audeze LCD-2s

Need more~?

Last edited by Tyson ultima; 05-31-2013 at 09:18 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Okay you trollin son? Okay you must be.

HD 800s are 1500
LCD 2s are 1000
retail prices bruv, go anywhere beyond in the US and they're 1599-1699 (bestbuy, amazon, etc) that stopped me from getting the LCD2s and getting a Buick hah

Quote:
Sure the HD800s might be accurate, but their bright sound can easily be clarified as ear stinging when it comes to the striking of a cymbal. HOWEVER the LCD-2s have a nice extended bass with liquid mids.
Seems a bit biased.
"a bit muffled" and "poorer mids" - some LCD2 User responses
even at head-fi lul

800s and LCD2s both have pros and cons obv other sources beyond head-fi circlejerk praise Audeze much less

Last edited by Ohaider; 05-31-2013 at 09:28 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Well duh of course you need a powerful amp in order to fuel both headphones they are hi end headphones and clearly are only asking of the best quality. WHich is why I recommended the WA6SE with the LCD2's since they are tube amp headphones. Hell even the schiit lyr which is 450 retail price sounds very good with the LCD 2s. Can't say anything about the hd800s though
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

There's clearly better headphones out there but this recommendation was built on the idea that he could get a really strong performer within a half decent affordable price range. I've heard some sennheizers that blow ATH-m50s outta the water (with acoustic samples for sure) but this is for the true audiophiles that are looking to invest in the highest possible quality for the price that already know they're willing to pay $500+.

Same thing for camera lenses, you can get a good quality investment from a $100 lens that does many things well. Very good stuff, however, once you compare it with the $700+ lenses your two apparent apples are beginning to look more like an apple and an orange.

But ye dood first time using my M50s on top of the soundblaster Crystalizer it was a religious experience. I hope you aren't getting them boggled down with shitty beats audio trickery. My laptop shits up my listening experience all the time cuz of that gay little gimmick that I didn't want.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
There's clearly better headphones out there but this recommendation was built on the idea that he could get a really strong performer within a half decent affordable price range. I've heard some sennheizers that blow ATH-m50s outta the water (with acoustic samples for sure) but this is for the true audiophiles that are looking to invest in the highest possible quality for the price that already know they're willing to pay $500+.
Yeeeeeeeesss

Next set of great headphones i get will be Sennheiser hands down

and also haven't read any reviews of hd800 mids sucking without powerful amp haha
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #20
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

I will describe the audiophile listening experience like this.

You move up and up and notice little and tiny differences in sound which makes you feel the purchase is worth it. THEN you move down. Lets say you listen to 650s and then listen to 20 dollar sony headphones and you clearly can hear the sound difference because of how adjusted and trained your ears are to better audio at this point. I have a good collective amount of listening experience in both my 650s and LCD-2s to tell that while the 650s are eon's more comfortable. The lack of sealing and damping material that is utilized by the leather in the LCD-2's make the bass in the 650s lack any *umph*.

On a list of the highest Tier headphones for each driver at this point it would be
1. Stax SR009s which have no reviews because its 5000 dollars and require and electrostatic driver which the blue hawaii SE amp is also 5000 dollars.
2. Sennheiser HD800s which would benefit from any solid state amp such as the schiit mjolnir or some other high end amps.
3. The Audeze LCD 3s(2 for the price factor) which is recommended for any tube amp such as the Schiit lyr (for price efficiency) the WA6SE OR if your feeling really pricey the Red Wine audio combo that comes with the LCD-2s.