Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-8-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice
Default Je Suis Charlie

This is too big of a thing for me to ignore. What are your reactions to this. Discuss freely and openly.

This is a terrible crime. I cannot believe people...and a religion that condems the world to convert or die. I...don't really have any words to describe the grounds of injustice to freedom of speach these terrorists have walked on.

EDIT: You can view the information regarding this tragedy HERE
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 01-8-2015 at 03:16 PM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Je Suis Charlie

Should post a link to an actual news post.
"Je Suis Charlie" is not that descriptive for people who haven't been paying attention.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30717580
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

That said, I think the most important thing to do right now is to be accepting of Muslims that are not connected with the extremists.

The comments from my Muslim friends saying things like "today is not a good day for me to be Muslim" and things like that, those break my heart.
If you lash out at the religion at a whole, then you are just helping the terrorists- that kind of irrational response only ultimately swells their ranks.

Now more than ever, it's important to properly distinguish respectful Muslims from the hateful extremists.
The greatest defeat to terrorism is for their prospective recruits to feel so accepted that they will not follow the extremist doctrine.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-8-2015 at 03:17 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

What people really don't understand though is that not ALL Muslims are extremists. For the mostpart, they are like you and me with a religion and live a normal life.

However, there's those other few that believe that the world must be converted. And if you don't convert by word of mouth and surrender, then you will die. If you are not one of them, you HAVE to die since your existence threatens the world from being converted. This is basically their logic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 01-8-2015 at 03:24 PM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

in b4 jihad vs crusade debate

unless ppl dont know jack shit about history
Old 01-8-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Allāhu Akbar
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2015, 10:40 PM   #8
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The conspiracy theories are abound about this.
This is my favorite:

I think the shooters were nothing more than hired guns, put up to the job by their Zionist masters. Someone is obviously pulling the strings from behind the scenes considering these guys haven't been captured, but aren't smart enough to not bring an ID to a terrorist attack.

Also if you look at France's political statements recently, they announced support for Palestine - a claim which I wouldn't be surprised if we see get renounced in the coming months - which clearly goes back to the Zionists a.k.a Isreal. France also has a controversial stance on Russia, with the French president releasing a statement asking for the levying of sanctions to alleviate the peace process in Ukraine and the economic stabilization of Russia, and in part the EU. This is also something that'd anger the Zionist masters as they've been trying to install a puppet government in Ukraine.

Like..literally at a loss for words when I read that. The fact that other people buy into this is another story in and of itself.
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2015, 11:22 PM   #9
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

i would say move this thread to TGB, but honestly i dont think it's up to TGB standards.

what this forum needs is a new subforum, we can call it the wasteland. it will be a place to move bad threads with insipid responses from all forums (TGB included).

this thread can be the first, the groundbreakingly bad thread that started it all.

or we can just leave it here in chit chat, because, you know, that's kind of what chit chat is at this point.
Old 01-9-2015, 11:29 PM   #10
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

like with the exception of hi19hi19 the posts in this thread have all been incredibly bad, in very poor taste, or completely out of touch with reality

i mean i guess chit chat is the idiot enclave of a fingerdancing forum, so maybe having any kind of positive expectations was a mistake.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #11
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Remember when France was considered lame? I mean, so much so that French Fries were renamed to Freedom Fries because they decided not to get involved with the Coalition against the Saddam Regime?

And....now France is all bad-ass. We love you France. Children from all over the world are #HASHTAG FRENCH WORDS CHARLIE.

I won't deny that the current events are despicable. And I won't deny that my feelings towards religious extremism should be condemned with the utmost contempt.

But I refuse to allow my hatred be a contributing factor towards the further perpetuation of hatred. I choose to break the infinite feedback loop, despite my personal feelings.

What should be called into question are the philosophical problems that plague humanity...problems endemic to all, regardless of race, creed or political affiliation. Before you draw a line in the sand, consider what you are condemning first.

Also, from what I can gather, Charlie Hebdo comics kind of sucked with regards to both humor and aesthetics. There is also the added irony of the sudden surge of idolization of which Charlie Hebdo comics poked fun at.

Ultimately, the world is a much sadder place as a result of the philosophical barriers we build around each other and ourselves.

Last edited by jewpinthethird; 01-10-2015 at 01:42 AM..
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:18 AM   #12
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
in b4 jihad vs crusade debate

unless ppl dont know jack shit about history
the crusade was fucking balls-to-the-wall badass, some fucking original gangsta

comparing it to jihad is like saying kanye has something on tupac and let's be real
Old 01-10-2015, 02:22 AM   #13
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

also lol if you think anyone here is emotionally or intellectually equipped to unpack the myriad of sociopolitical contexts surrounding this single instance of tragedy to make coherent sense out of it
Old 01-10-2015, 03:55 AM   #14
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

were all dunkasses in the butt of life
Old 01-10-2015, 04:08 AM   #15
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I just want to throw this little thing out here: people have killed for a moltitude of reasons before and i am very bothered by how this series of murders is fueling people's intolerance towards a specific group of people just because they are outsiders to western culture. You all know i find religions to be utter bullshit, and islam above them all considering how much control imposes over every single thing you do in your life. But there's a difference between people driven insane and murdering other people and a group of people sharing a set of values that while still very questionable doesn't harm the community around them.