Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #461
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Hm. Are you colorblind? You may have trouble distinguishing the different objects because the colors may blend together as the graphics jump around.

Question: What is the meaning of life?
Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #462
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuture View Post
Hm. Are you colorblind? You may have trouble distinguishing the different objects because the colors may blend together as the graphics jump around.
I don't think it's a problem with colorblindness so much as a problem discerning motion. If I can see the individual frames that make up an animation, I have a very difficult time being able to see it as motion, which in turn leads to problems figuring out where things are going, etc.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #463
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Having a level 80 improved imp in the party hanging around is rather meaningless in terms of "oh man check out how beefy my level one is"

:[
You depress me sometimes.
I did say I was 965 unbuffed -.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #464
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Do you have 70% dodge?

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #465
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

I already have all of my graphics settings set to low, but I DID leave Vertical Sync on, so that may or may not be the problem. Would McAfee running in the background be a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #466
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, anything that takes up a lot of resources is generally a problem :P

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #467
Vuture
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Vuture Send a message via Yahoo to Vuture Send a message via Skype™ to Vuture

I don't think it should. I have Norton 360 running in the BG. And like I said, I run firefox with youtube or last.fm running, tweetdeck, and WoW all at once.

Question: What is the meaning of life?
Answer: When life give you lemons, SQUIRT THEM IN THE EYES OF THOSE WHO ASK THAT QUESTION!
Vuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #468
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Anything running in the background could potentially slow down your PC, particularly a virus scanner, especially if it's actually scanning while you're playing. Even if you do have a fast PC...

On a side note, currently leveling my prot Warrior. Priest is now 73, Old Kingdom sucks.

oh and i started a gnome death knight is this awesome y/n

Last edited by Sullyman2007; 02-22-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #469
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Ok, I'm bored playing my hunter right now and I rolled a Priest, any advice like talent tree wise and what not? I'm usually a solo leveler but really enjoy doing instances, so yeah.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #470
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Absolutely hate running naxx with people who don't know what they're doing.

Damn Heigan fight. What's the point of having ten people if eight of them die on the dance?

It isn't that hard people. The DPS are expected to continue the fight the entire time too, and I do. I drop Searing on the platform before I leave it and continually keep up Flame Shock, using Lava Burst whenever it's up. My other casts are too slow, but it's amazing that I can get off a 1.5s cast without getting hit and these other people can't even run fast enough without attacking.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #471
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

If more than 5 people die, you should just call it a wipe and restart. That takes experience. The more times you've done the dance, the better you are it. For example, in one of the 10 man pugs I've done, 6 people died doing the dance. We restarted and only one person died the second run through. The fight is possible if you have just a tank and the healer, I mean, it's come down to that before for me. We took down 1% in a good 5 minutes and decided it was faster to just have the players get more experience doing the dance.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #472
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Squeek, that tank was horrible. There is no way in hell that you should pull off a semi-decent tank.

I have never had anyone pull aggro from me in a 5man even with pure AoE damage going on.

Only classes that can really pull of me are DK tanks, feral tanks and Pally tanks. I need at least 3 seconds on the target, otherwise I lose to their retardedly high opening threat.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 AM   #473
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, I've had druids and DKs take them off, but not anything else.

I don't really party with paladins enough, though, but whatever, I've held aggro on people generating 4k+ dps in VoA, pretty easy.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #474
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

No, I know he was a terrible tank. It's what you get with pugs.

Pulled a ton of aggro tonight with a drood tank too. At least I'm not a clothie, but if I was, I'd probably be more careful anyway. What I like to do if I pull aggro is to Thunderstorm them back to the tank, although they never really expect it to happen. Sometimes I do it on purpose to make them work harder because I think some of them are slackers.

I never pull aggro in raids. Those tanks almost always know what they're doing. Though I must say I really prefer Pally/DK tanks since they can aoe tank. Though there was one time in my 25-man last night where I pulled aggro, but the boss wasn't attacking me. It was in the four horsemen fight. Funny thing about that fight, though. I had never done it before and I had no idea what the stacking debuff thing was. I got up to 9 stacks before someone told me to get away from it. That was cool.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #475
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Warriors can AoE Tank.

Just not as fast as a DK/Paladin. Shockwave and TC generally make up for all the missed aggro unless we're fighting with a DK/Pally tank for aggro though.

Went to Naxx last night, kept wiping on Maexxna because my shammy healer wouldn't drop the stupid poison totem. Had 2 full ticks of Noxious Poison go on me.

And the DK tank got the nice hit/expertise bracers because I can't afford to drop *any* defense.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #476
Necamus
FFR Player

Hit 80 on my pally, been running heroics to gear up. Also bought two BoE epics, best in slots pre-raid. And holy **** I have way too much hit rating, without gems for it or anything. It's something like +12%. Gotta find some gear with crit instead of hit.. my crit is terribly low ( < 20% ).
Old 02-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #477
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Man, it sucks, DKs and druids are the best tanks in the game these days, and blizz is gearing stuff towards them.

They need to do something about block, and give warriors a bonus to something like paladins.

We should get a bonus off our stamina, like paladins get SP from stamina, and things of that sort.

I just don't know what. :P

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #478
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Man, it sucks, DKs and druids are the best tanks in the game these days and blizz is gearing stuff towards them.
I respectfully disagree.

At best, druid tanks got a boost by the fact that they can't be crushed at all anymore. The whole point of bear tanking was to just acknowledge that you were going to get crushed and build up enough hp and dodge that you didn't get crushed -too- much and had the HP to soak it. Now that they can't be crushed, they just have gobs of dodge and hp.

But then, since paladin/warrior/dk tanks can't be crushed anymore -either- the whole 102.4% avoidance thing is irellevant because the new bottom of the attack table is just 'hit' which means we can actually stack threat generation through DPS more than we could before. And for Paladins especially (Though I hear Warriors are getting something similar in 3.1.0) the changes to blessing of sanctuary mean that I don't have to worry about stacking too -much- dodge/parry resulting in my not taking enough damage to get healed to get mana back. I can drive as hard as I can towards 100% avoidance and not have my mana pool suffer -at all-

Basically: The changes to crushing blow, plus the change to blessing of sanctuary just make paladin tanks -way- too strong. And now that we also have a power word shield with no cooldown, it's even more so.

Last edited by devonin; 02-23-2009 at 08:41 AM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #479
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I've seen some horribly geared tanks. I tried running heroic UP with a 15k hp Paladin tank. Everyone in the party easily had more hp than he did, including me. We wiped about twice before getting to Skadi and even though I thought we did fairly well, another player didn't and decide to leave the group. This caused a chain leave in the group. =[

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #480
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Ok, I'm bored playing my hunter right now and I rolled a Priest, any advice like talent tree wise and what not? I'm usually a solo leveler but really enjoy doing instances, so yeah.
So no advice then?
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote