Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default Junior Werewolf Game II- Pokemon a'Go-Go- DAY 7 HUMANS WIN

Here we go.

The eager young group of Pokemon trainers bounded up the steps of the Indigo Plateau, excitedly awaiting the moment when they would finally, finally receive their very first Pokemon and start the lifelong bond with them that would carry them along the road of life.

No. Actually, it was a little different. Too bad it wasn’t like that.

The group of teenage Pokemon trainers casually strolled up the steps of the Indigo Plateau, gossiping among themselves about nothing in particular. A few of them looked decently interested at the idea of what they were about to do, but most of them didn’t seem to care too much right then.

“So what is this again?” asked Lupin.

“It’s some sort of tournament for Pokemon newbies. The league got sick of all those little uppity whiners like… what was that guy’s name?” asked JurseyRider.

“You mean the one who had the mentally retarded Pikachu?” replied Tasuke.

“Yeah! That one!” exclaimed Jursey. “Wasn’t his name like…”

“Oh, who cares?” asked deltro. “He’s just another one of those wanna-be Pokemon masters who gets swept into the dustbin of history, just like all those other pathetic losers.”

“And we’re not going to be losers! We’re going to be winners, right team?!” exclaimed Freak83.

“No.” said Omeganitros. “No. Just… no.”

“Eh… well, I tried,” shrugged Freak.

The group finished climbing up the steps and entered the Indigo Plateau. Inside, they saw that this place was very large, and quite spacious. The place was a hub of activity. People were walking in all directions, each clearly working on something. In the middle of all of this was a towering golden statue, set in the middle of the room. It was a statue of a man. They weren’t sure who the man was- he looked kind of old and had a sweatshirt on with a strange symbol (a bean), but that was all they could tell. When they got closer and read the commemorative plaque below, the sign read “To the dedication of the man who gave us spirit and hope.” But there was no name.

“Who is this?” demanded Lupin.

They all heard his question, thought about it, and then decided they didn’t really care, so they continued walking.

They finally arrived at the preliminary sign-in desk. “Ah! So you’re the new trainers that are participating in this newbie tournament,” commented the receptionist.

“Yeah,” said patron_viridantis. “It’s our first time with Pokemon.”

“Aren’t you a bit old to be starting off just now, at several years past 10?” she asked curiously, looking around at the older faces.

“Why do you care? Just give us the damn Pokemon,” said DDRadicted indignantly.

The receptionist, affronted, nevertheless handed over the Pokemon. “These are the Pokemon you will be starting out with,” said the receptionist, handing one to each of them. “Deltro gets Charmander, Gamepro gets Pikachu, and…” the group tuned her out as she finished reading off the long list of Pokemon assignments.

Once they had all received their Pokemon, they went to the practice field to try their new Pokemon out.

They all let their Pokemon out of the Pokeballs and got acquainted with them. One of them didn’t seem very healthy, though.

Chromer’s Poochyena looked very sick. It was a strange color (instead of grey/black, it was pink). Also, it was very skinny and was making strange noises. Without warning, it suddenly keeled over and lay on the ground, twitching. Everyone else’s Pokemon was just fine and dandy.

Chromer had a “WTF” look on his face. “I think my Pokemon’s defective,” he called to the guide. The guide looked at the Pokemon and said, “Oh, wait. You shouldn’t have this one. This is part of our experiment to see if Pokemon can die. You know when they lose energy, they only faint? Well, this is part of a study to make it die. We’re still waiting on this one, but we think that the experiment is almost a success.”

“Okay… can I get a new one?” he asked.

“Well…” said the guide. He smiled very pleasantly. “No.”

“Why not?” demanded Chromer.

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“I don’t know.”

“Oh, come on, can’t I get a different kind then or something?”

“Fine.”

“What?”

“Fine.”

Chromer received his new Pokemon, a Growlithe. “At least this one’s not too defective,” he said, as the Growlithe started to run in circles frantically.

Suddenly, out of the sky, they felt a large vacuum. “What the heck?” they yelled. They looked up and saw a large balloon shaped like a cat hovering above them, with an oversized vacuum extended below. All of their Pokemon flew up into the vacuum, and the group watched in puzzlement as their new Pokemon were snatched from them. They didn’t know what was going on- some suspected that it was part of the tournament. They suspected that it was bad, and it was indeed, something very bad was about to happen.

Yes, there will be a good reason why people are going to be killed, not just some stupid regular Pokemon thing. I’m sending out the PMs now. Feel free to talk among yourselves on AIM, but not in this thread. No posting until I get the picks.

There are 3 wolves, a guardian, seer, and psychic.

Here are the roles and what they do. Everyone is getting a one-word PM to prevent cheating.

Human: These are the main protagonists. They have no special abilities, no otherworldly power, nothing. They come into the game knowing nothing other than the knowledge that they are human. The Humans do not know the roles of the other players.

Wolf: These are the main antagonists. They are the chosen ones who deal out death each night. Once a night, they can choose one of the humans as their kill. They come into the game knowing who the other wolves are and who the humans are. They do not know who the “special” humans are, though.

Seer: This is one of the “special” humans I was talking about. Born with the gift of second sight, the seer can look into the minds of others to see where their loyalties lie. Once a night, the seer picks a player to have a vision about. The Seer does not know the roles of the other players until he has a vision about them. (Basically, when the seer PMs me asking about a person, I will tell them if that person is wolf or human.)

Guardian: The Guardian is yet another “special” human. Through some bizarre twist of fate, the Guardian can protect one player a night. Each night, the Guardian chooses a player to protect. If the wolves decide to attack the protected player, they will be unsuccessful. This means that no kill will be made that night. The Guardian does not know the roles of the other players.

Psychic: The Psychic is another “special” human. Each night, the host will PM the psychic, informing him how many wolves remain in the game. This allows the psychic to see if the lynch for that day was a wolf or not.

I need PMs from the wolves, guardian, seer, and the psychic (well not really because everyone knows there’s only 3 wolves and they’re all there). PM me.

Rules.

People participating:

Wayfaerer_
VashtheGunman7
kickassbuddy
Gamepro17616
DDRadicted
deltro300111
ddrruler
Chromer
Freak83
Lupin_the_3rd
JurseyRider
patron_viridantis
Tasuke
Omeganitros
slackygorgeking
Catalyst248
Old 01-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default RE: Junior Werewolf Game II- Pokemon a

DAY 1

The bad something happened right then.

Before this moment, the oversized vacuum had been sweeping in random motions, doing a more-or-less aimless sweep of the field. However, now, the tube pointed with a frightening suddenness and focus.

Straight at Freak83.

Freak yelled as he was suddenly sucked upwards towards the balloon.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay!" yelled Chromer reassuringly, trying to make himself be heard over the noise. "After all, this is a TV-G show!"

Freak's head got stuck in the vacuum, but the rest of him wouldn't fit. The rest of the group, horrified, looked upwards in terror and disgust as Freak thrashed about, his head firmly wedged inside the vacuum. Suddenly, his body stopped thrashing.

The vacuum turned off as well, and Freak's body fell the long distance towards the ground, hitting with a wet thud. The group turned away from the disgusting sight of his mangled head.

"He probably suffocated quickly and didn't feel a thing," said DDRadicted, looking down at Freak's head, which was twisted in pain.

"I thought this was a TV-G show!" exclaimed VashtheGunman in alarm. The group looked at the corner of the screen and saw the TV-G rating slowly change to TV-13.

"What the hell?" asked Lupin.

They looked up at the balloon again. Suddenly, they noticed that Team Rocket had indeed succeeded in their attempt at thievery. All of their Pokemon were gone, and they could see them hanging in a large net.

All of a sudden, they heard a voice- two voices, actually- from above.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meeeeowth, that's right!"

Omeganitros shook his head. "What the heck was that?" "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard!"

Team Rocket was very annoyed now. "It's supposed to represent the dignity and power of our glorious organization!"

"Well, it just makes you two sound like a couple of losers," chimed in Wayfaerer.

"Well, since you're just going to insult us like this, we'll leave!" they heard Jessie call down. "We still have your Pokemon! But since we think that you're so stupid, we'll give you a hint as to where we're going to take them!"

A small piece of paper fluttered down. Gamepro caught it deftly and inspected it. "Why did they just give us a hint?"

"Because they're morons?" suggested JurseyRider.

As the balloon floated out of the stadium, drifting quickly away on the wind, the group clustered around the piece of paper. It was a picture of a house. They couldn't make out any details yet- the house seemed to be fairly nondescript. "It doesn't look like there's anything to be gained from reading this," commented Tasuke.

"Then we should figure this out," pointed oiut slackygorgeking. "Team Rocket was AIMING for Freak. That wasn't very random. I think that someone on the field was directing them. I think that one, or possibly several, of us..." he paused. "Are members of Team Rocket."

There was a hushed silence. Who was the Team Rocket member? Team Rocket wasn't playing around anymore. They had caused a real death. They had to find the killer- or killers, immediately.

"Why don't we have a majority vote to decide who we think is a Team Rocket member?" asked deltro.

The group agreed, and the voting begun.

People participating:

Wayfaerer_
VashtheGunman7
kickassbuddy
Gamepro17616
DDRadicted
deltro300111
ddrruler
Chromer
Lupin_the_3rd
JurseyRider
patron_viridantis
Tasuke
Omeganitros
slackygorgeking
Catalyst248

Day 1 ends at 7 PST on Sunday. 8 for instalynch. Good luck to all.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Well, this was easily the worst way for me to ever start my first TWG. I guess someone had to go, and I'm just upset it had to be me. slacky, you can be happy now because obviously I did not lie to you. Personally I believe I was voted off because I figured out who one of the wolves were. Pity I can't say who it is anymore. Oh well, have fun guys, I'll be watching.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #4
kickassbuddy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to kickassbuddy

How come you didn't msnm me and didn't let me have a chance to vote? And I am worring if I am the next one to die like Freak83
Old 01-21-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

slackygorgeking You are a wolf.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

I don't see why anyone would see Freak83 as a potential threat other than his two friends (in real life or not? One of you two tell me). To avoid a random vote, I am going to point fingers at Catalyst248 and slackygorgeking. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play with a friend who knows me well, and could detect lying.

Then again, Freak83 could have been the following:
1) Just have been a random wolfing
2) A kill because he seems like someone who would know a lot of people here due to his high post count (in the thousands) and thus have numerous connections to form an alliance (I wouldn't expect this thought to come to someone in a jTWG)
3) A kill intended to frame his friends, though I wouldn't expect that level of thought either in a jTWG
4) a kill intended to throw people off of any possible trail

Oh, and kickassbuddy- you might want to learn how to play the game a while ago.

Only the wolves were supposed to vote in the preliminary round, which makes me wonder why you mentioned that. The wolves kill whoever they want, and the only protection for you is the guardian.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
deltro300111
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to deltro300111 Send a message via MSN to deltro300111 Send a message via Yahoo to deltro300111

*prods lupin* You didn't mention that I stole your line

" ----- you are a wolf."

I think I'll just leave it XD
Old 01-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

hahaha...so are you admitting that you're acting like I did last time? (points to sig)
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #9
deltro300111
FFR Player

*points to... uh..* *cough* I dunno, that was pretty incriminating, I hope you can go on the fact that I'm not stupid enough to drop hints that could make me lose the game,.. AND THEN blatantly point it out, if anything that should be less incrimintaing, wow, I should really stfu.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #10
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

oh that's sketchy. deltro knows that Lupin wasn't lynched till the last day, maybe he wants to follow in his footsteps so that he wont be suspected. deltro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:52 PM   #11
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

Well it is Freak's first game so it is one of his friends most likely
and i would have to vote slackygorgeking.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #12
deltro300111
FFR Player

Quote:
oh that's sketchy. deltro knows that Lupin wasn't lynched till the last day, maybe he wants to follow in his footsteps so that he wont be suspected. deltro
I think you are trying to act like a human to prove you aren't a wolf. XD. Hiding behind the fact that someone said something *semi-*incriminating seems pretty wolf-ful to me. I'm going to leave my vote as is for now, but you seem pretty wolfish to me.

Edit- I added "semi" to incriminating
Old 01-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #13
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Yeah, because you would know that i'm a wolf after I made one post. gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #14
deltro300111
FFR Player

Quote:
Yeah, because you would know that i'm a wolf after I made one post. gg
KTHX, vote changed: JurseyRider734 you are a wolf.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

ok, for everyone throwing votes out:

It works like this- unless you are an incredibly stupid wolf, you would not make a big scene at all in the VERY beginning of the game...when first impressions are made. I made myself off to look like an innocent human in the beginning, and for the most part,it worked. Judging by the previous epidemics of bandwagoning seen in jTWG (you people did my damn job for me that fame), I doubt a wolf would come out like deltro did. Also take note on how the quiet/innocent ones- Chromer and I - did not arouse suspicions until late in the game.

edit: *(you people did my damn job for me that game)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #16
deltro300111
FFR Player

BTW- For those still tuned in, if anything I'm stealing ddrruler's technique, talk yer ass off, for no reason in particular. He wasn't a wolf,

And one more thing, I'm sure if I don't get lynch'd for incriminating myself in the begging I'm sure I'll get wolfed for my JR vote (BTW: That will change)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #17
deltro300111
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd
ok, for everyone throwing votes out:

It works like this- unless you are an incredibly stupid wolf, you would not make a big scene at all in the VERY beginning of the game...when first impressions are made. I made myself off to look like an innocent human in the beginning, and for the most part,it worked. Judging by the previous epidemics of bandwagoning seen in jTWG (you people did my damn job for me that fame), I doubt a wolf would come out like deltro did. Also take note on how the quiet/innocent ones- Chromer and I - did not arouse suspicions until late in the game.

edit: *(you people did my damn job for me that game)
Thank you for the words of logic, and someone de-incrimination of me ^_^
Old 01-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #18
deltro300111
FFR Player

OK! Last post today,

1.) I'm not actually trying to rip-off anyone else's TWG strategy.
2.) I don't actually think JR is a wolf, it's just the only thing that coluld possibly be construed as incriminating
3.) I'm sorry for overposting in the last half-hour, I'm just really hyper due to a good band concert and lots of coffee(s)!
4.) I don't think I will post again, besides votes, until the next day.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
VashtheGunman7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VashtheGunman7

You started to say everyone was a wolf after people started posting. It just shows that you may be a wolf yourself

Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #20
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

instead of being stupid and accusing people right now, the only thing we have to go on is why Freak83 was lynched. What were his connections and friends, and more importantly, who was talking to him last night?

I remember there was a chatroom made last night. Obviously, not everyone in here has posted the screennames of people on their buddy list (I think), so it is very probable that they saw him in the chatroom and either contacted him separately, or deduced from the chat that he was the logical choice to wolf.

The people in this chatroom (to the best of my memory- correct me if I'm wrong) were:

Lupin_the_3rd
Gamepro
Jurseyrider734
slackygorgeking
Freak83

and I think thats it.
Closed Thread