Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-8-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Nick1983
FFR Player

Cool Experienced DDR player likes to play a lot

Hi everyone,

I love to play a game of Dance Dance Revolution on my free time.
There have been many times I have wanted to verse people to show them what I have learned so far but no one in my area seems to want to play or they don't know how to play it so I would be wasting time. Playing solo is fun to show in a crowd of people but I think it is funner to play head to head against someone who is your same skill level. I currently play most of my songs at the arcade and at home on Standard mode level with some speed modifiers set depending on the song I choose to play. There are some songs which I can on Heavy mode like Butterfly, Little Bitch and Kind Lady without speed modifiers.

So does anyone who have a special way they play? I don't use the bar ever because I consider that cheating. It is a handicap trademark I see used too much. The game requires agility; both balance and rhythm equal easier play.
I don't free style but I try to play smoothly especially on harder songs like Revenge or Paranoia Survivor 270 which are fast, hard and difficult for me on Standard mode. I usually score a C on Revenge and a D on Paranoia Survivor 270 if I can pass it. Some days I have that "DDR tard syndrome" I like to call it when my coordination is not there. It happens to the best of us.
Nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Experienced DDR player likes to play a lot

Okay, Try PSMO (Paranoia Survivor MAX Oni) Single/Double no bar and tell me how "fun" that is, Bar is used for more intense songs or for better PA (Perfect Accuracy).

PSMO Double
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsyrW9tzqEY

Jet World No bar.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfwg...eature=related
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Myattboy
The Lurker
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Myattboy

I've passed everysong on every difficulty on both single and double :P
Because i was good at ddr, i jumped straight into FMO songs on here when i first started. Although, that was when CiaRave was classed as a FMO lol

I've always used the bar :P

Myattboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
HypeR-NRG
FFR Player

I dare you to make fun of this guy for using the bar...Strangeprogram

He fails at the very end, but still... Also, it does show his feet if you watch long enough.
Old 08-8-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
xThai
slurprprprprpr ~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeR-NRG View Post
I dare you to make fun of this guy for using the bar...Strangeprogram

He fails at the very end, but still... Also, it does show his feet if you watch long enough.
Calimist already passed Strangeprogram, he just failed in that video.
xThai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

He passed at the arcade I go to on video. ^_^

Also, stfu about no baring. You can't no bar crazy ****, end of story. (No mad matt arguements please)
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Nick1983
FFR Player

Cool DDR is part of my life

Man, how many years have you been practicing??? I have been playing DDR for a little over a year now. I have started to get very comfortable at playing most Standard mode songs with no speed modifiers on some and some on others like Butterfly and Love Shine for example and score an A or B; sometimes a AA with Love Shine on a really good day. There are a few songs I can play on Heavy mode just as is no speed modifiers like Kind Lady, Little Bitch, and Butterfly to pass with a C, B or A depending on the day. I can pass the song Revenge on Standard mode on a good day with a D or sometimes a C. I don't use the bar so I try to play in a way where I more agile in my step movements. I try to get 'loose' and into the game. I hate people who stomp because that is not the point to playing the game well. It is aerobic based exercise so it is imperative for players to understand that concept so they are able to maximize their playing abilities. I don't freestyle but
I try to keep up a smooth mode of play to enable the best of my abilities to come out in the game and plus I don't look stupid either in front of a crowd.
Basically I play like if was boxing somebody because I have that boxer stance. I pretty much glide across the arrows in a way that is able to help me play some of the hardest songs in the game on my Standard mode level.

But cheers on the gameplay you can do. That is cool. Are there any Youtube videos of you playing the game??? I believe you but seeing is believing.
I did look at some videos that were sent in another message to my inbox.
Perhaps that is you or someone else? I don't know. Anyways, that is cool.
I am trying to get better as time goes on. My friends call me the DDR Master. It is quite funny. I don't consider myself Master but more of an experienced player who deserves more of a title like "DDR Guru."
Old 08-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
FightClubTheory
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FightClubTheory

When playing DDR, there aren't many songs that I feel require the bar, save maybe the Maxx's, PSMO and songs of that nature for some.
Like many have already stated, the bar aids in accuracy while maintaining decent stamina.

I know that it didn't take me long to give up the "bar huggers are teh ghey" attitude when I jumped into ITG, as its most respected and elite players use the bar.
FightClubTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #9
Nick1983
FFR Player

Cool Do you have any Youtube videos of your play???

I was curious in response to your message sent to me do you by chance have any uploaded videos of yourself playing DDR on like You Tube? I am not even close to your skill but I have been practicing. I am that stage where I trying to master some of the hardest songs in the game on Standard mode which are quite challenging. I can perform some songs on Heavy Mode but that definitely depends on the amount of voltage, stream, chaos and air for that song; the number of feet matter too but not as much.

Well, thanks for your response about the game. It is good to hear feedback from people who are growing part of the ever evolving Dance Dance Revolution community. Play hard and feel good about your play skills. Ignore all the haters.

Do you have any recommendations on who to improve my skill? I have been practicing for over a year now; on the mat of course. I basically try to synchronize my body to the beat of the music taking respect to the bass which is one of the most important revealers of mastering that song.
I don't stomp rarely if I can but I try to flow my movements. I don't want to look like a hobo gone on a rampage. I would look stupid.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
FightClubTheory
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FightClubTheory
Default Re: Do you have any Youtube videos of your play???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1983 View Post
Do you have any recommendations on who to improve my skill? I have been practicing for over a year now; on the mat of course. I basically try to synchronize my body to the beat of the music taking respect to the bass which is one of the most important revealers of mastering that song.
I don't stomp rarely if I can but I try to flow my movements. I don't want to look like a hobo gone on a rampage. I would look stupid.
I'd say keep trying to nail Heavy songs.
If you feel comfortable on Standard, it's time to move on.
Also, are there any machines nearby? You should consider practicing on a machine. If not, a good metal or possibly even a foam pad. You should get better results that way.
FightClubTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

While people are bitching at you for using no bar, I say "hey, go ahead and use no bar."

Most of us uses the bar anyways but only for 10-footer songs such as Max 300 and higher. For you, I'd recommend NOT using a bar until you get to those kind of songs. I played DDR before I came here. I thought I could easily AAA songs when I first came here. Man was I wrong >.>

Anyways, I'd recommend you keep trying to beat songs in the order of their footing. It seems you can beat some 7-footers. Keep beating more of them, then once they're done, fo 8's, 9's, and then the godly 10's.

Oh, and preferably do them on a metal pad in an Arcade. Home versions will not help in heavy, NOT AT ALL.

BTW, WELCOME TO FFR!
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #12
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

ive been playing DDR for like 6 years and ITG for like 1 if u have an ITG by u i recommend ITG it has a wider variety of difficulties so its easier to move up in difficulty IMO
Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #13
Nick1983
FFR Player

Cool I agree with your recommendation

Hello. Yes, I agree with you. I hate basic soft mats because they slip or move around to easily really limiting your playing potential which I hate. A good foam mat or metal mat would do the trick. I like to show of my skills at my local Game Breakerz which has a DDR Extreme Arcade Machine but it costs 50 cents per play making not every economical. Do you have any suggested places I could visit on the web to find some good mat deals. I like the metal mat most.
It provides the best way to really move my groove they way I like it. I like to walk or run around the mat in a counter clock wise or clock wise direction.
It provides the most flexibility for me to play my best.

Well, thanks for your recommendation. Like I said soft mats are ok if the song is not to fast or complex otherwise I will not be able to play that well.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If you come to a DDR Simulator based website, expect everyone to be really good at DDR. We mean it when we say it's not cheating to use the bar, if it's cheating, why is it on all the arcade machines? It's a better excercise if you don't use it, but it stops being fun once you're failing because you can't move your feet that fast. Use the bar and you'll be a lot better. It still requires a lot of agility to do it.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
thechild
FFR Player

Experienced is more considered... AAA max 300 on heavy on this site. Trust me. (I got 2 greats rawr). Standard mode isn't really considered amazing :\
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #16
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

DDR doesn't seem as much of a challenge anymore. Once you try ITG (In The Groove) You'll see the difference. And as far as bar goes, I use it on every song, for PA purposes. It's not considered cheating, otherwise it wouldn't be their now would it? Anyways, that's how I play. Try ITG sometime and see how well you do on that.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #17
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

no songs on ddr shoud require the bar PERIOD. itg is another story, but there is absolutely no reason to use the bar for any song on dance dance revolution.

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
Hwscottsmcgram
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Hwscottsmcgram

I have that same issue with the whole "everybody sucks where you live" issue
=[
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
Hwscottsmcgram
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Hwscottsmcgram
Lightbulb Re: I agree with your recommendation

Quote:
Hello. Yes, I agree with you. I hate basic soft mats because they slip or move around to easily really limiting your playing potential which I hate. Do you have any suggested places I could visit on the web to find some good mat deals.
I got mine off of ebay
I built my own home arcade verison.
its much cheaper then buying a whole machine.
i recomend ebay or amazon
but amazon has to many arcade replicas
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #20
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: I agree with your recommendation

Quote:
Hello. Yes, I agree with you. I hate basic soft mats because they slip or move around to easily really limiting your playing potential which I hate. A good foam mat or metal mat would do the trick. I like to show of my skills at my local Game Breakerz which has a DDR Extreme Arcade Machine but it costs 50 cents per play making not every economical. Do you have any suggested places I could visit on the web to find some good mat deals. I like the metal mat most.
It provides the best way to really move my groove they way I like it. I like to walk or run around the mat in a counter clock wise or clock wise direction.
It provides the most flexibility for me to play my best.

Well, thanks for your recommendation. Like I said soft mats are ok if the song is not to fast or complex otherwise I will not be able to play that well.
Cobalt Flux is the way to go for metal pads.
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote