Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
DJ moe_bass
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to DJ moe_bass
Question i need tips for one handed FFR. =/

hello, im the noob that cant AAA Exite bike lol.(maybe it's because of vista)
I try my best on this game but i feel like im lacking skill, maybe there are better ways of playing FFR one handed? If anybody has some secret way of remembering patterns or w/e plz post it since i want to actually beat somebody in this game.
yours truely, DJ mo3_b@ss

DJ moe_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003
Default Re: i need tips for one handed FFR. =/

play for five years
you'll see improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Dj, I don't know how you can remember patterns but I do know a solution to getting your hands to move faster and more effective.
First in order to play one handed effectively you need a flat keyboard.. Laptop keyboards are better =P
Anyways. when you have this use a technique called "slide"
Instead of picking up your fingers on every key keep them on the key and when a ^V trill or jump comes just slide your hand back and forth for the trill and it should work effectively. The jump is simple all you have to do is use the ball of your middle finger and hit both keys.

Another secret that I used to use was lotion. I used lotion on my hands before I played so my hand wouldn't get stuck to the keys and such. In all honesty, one handed play is one of the funnest IMO because it's challenging and stressful xD
But if you want to play for skill and getting better. You should switch to Spread immediately. I wish I had.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I recomend playing songs like Save Me (Dance 1 page 3 bottom song) and Secret Zombie Room (Secret page 1 2nd song) you'll get a good feel on how to handle things like excite bike.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

Play 2handed.

greatest tip ever.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Here's my tip for one handed playing -- play with two hands, lmao.

On a more serious note, don't worry about Excite Bike. Keep practicing a wide variety of files so you improve in all aspects of the game. Also, you're going to have to up your speed mod. Lastly, FFR isn't about memorizing patterns, it's more about muscle memory. Give it time, you will improve.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Last edited by HoneyMelonCalibrator; 07-30-2009 at 07:45 PM..
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

If you wish to stay one handed even though Spread is the better option. Just ask me and I'll give you tips on what songs to use to get your PA/Combo better.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's nothing wrong with playing one handed.

Try playing more songs and don't worry about full combos or AAAs for now. Just practise.

I recommend these songs:

Burnout
Alpha Helix
Secret Zombie Room
Boss Machine ( Sonic2 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
DJ moe_bass
FFR Player

Thx everybody! ^.^

Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #10
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

One handin's hated on by most, mainly because in 5 weeks a new spread player could beat someone who's been playing using one hand for half a year. It's hard to stick with, and the most efficient way to play would be using spread, but if you're still undaunted, there are a few tricks.
8 hour gave his general approach, but there are other methods - mainly involving up/down trills or streams relying heavily on those keys. I use both my index and middle finger for the down arrow, depending on the patterns. Left/down trills and slow up/down trills I use my middle finger for the down key - but for faster up/down trills I use my index.
Bynary Fission (another great example of one handed prowess) uses 8 hour's method of relying solely on the middle finger for up and down. However he uses the index finger for up/down doubles. Korny (well-known one hander) would use the number pad, effectively using four fingers one handed - index on 4, middle on 8, ring on 6, and thumb I believe on 0 - someone correct me on this.
Korny's method is probably the fastest, utilizing four fingers, but it's certainly more awkward and will take a while to get used to.
For songs to start off with, I'd suggest basically any song difficulty 1-5 not stepped by synth.

Christ what a text block; I slimmed that down, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
vantilburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Switch to spread before it is too late. You are open to more of a difficulty when you get better. One handed players usually hit a limit and sometimes switch over to spread. So make the wise choice now and play spread. Unless you are playing for fun, then stay one hand since it is interesting. If you are going for skill and such, play spread.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 AM   #12
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Screw all the other songs.
Play Massive.

It will improve you the most if you are one handed in the beginning
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #13
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
Play 2handed.

greatest tip ever.
This
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
Eddie the munster
FFR Player

index
Eddie the munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
DJ moe_bass
FFR Player

today i tried spread (vbnm) and it actually made it easier to do some things but made other things more difficult. also it's still a pain to play this game but you get used to it, both mental and physical pains.lol

Old 07-31-2009, 04:55 PM   #16
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Just continue to play spread. VBNM sounds like a logical setup, although I personally find myself comfortable when my hands are further apart and not scrunched together. I'm kind of confused on your statement about mental and physical pains lol.. take a break, perhaps? I dunno, I'd give it a week and a half maybe two weeks before you begin becoming comfortable with two handed playing style. Just practice, practice, practice. You'll naturally improve.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
ChiefOlukOneHand
FFR Player

To pick songs, since you're new to the game, try to find some songs that you like regardless of the difficulty. FFR has a lot of songs, and soon you'll have some favorites.

Once you know what difficulty you are good at, try something harder. Find a song that's a little easier and try to get a better score. Find a song that's a little harder and try to get a full combo. The fastest way to get better is to challenge yourself.
There are a certain number of good "practice" songs. For now, just play as many songs as you can. Keep track of the ones you like. (For you, I recommend "AIM Anthem" for strength, "Ninja Turtles Theme" for simple rolls, and "Halogen" for jumps and chains.)

Once you start getting good, go back to all the level 1 songs and full combo them. Try to combo as many songs as you can. Eventually you'll reach a point where you can't combo any more, and that will show you a goal for improvement. I have old screenshots of my "best" FCs from two months ago, and now I see how much better I've gotten. (By the way, save screenshots of all your good scores. It will make you feel better.)

After FC'ing for a while, try to AAA those easy songs. Focus on the arrows and not the music. Focus on hitting the arrow exactly when it reaches the target. You are a metronome. The arrows follow a rhythm, the music follows a rhythm, and usually they don't match. You will want to use speedmods at this point--use the highest speed you are comfortable with. (I play 1.5x, and many players use 1.75x, 1.85x (subscribers only), and sometimes 2x)
[[If you're feeling adventurous, download stepmania and some song packs. Stepmania has more judgments and judgment settings, allowing you to practice your timing more. I find stepmania to be a bit confusing, so I barely use it.]] [[You'll have to figure it out on your own; that's part of the "adventure."]]

Exercise! Half the game is skill--reading the notes, learning the patterns, controlling your muscles, holding a rhythm.... The other half is performance--lifting your fingers, striking the keys, enduring for minutes at a time. Flex your muscles every day. If you workout or play a sport, that's even better.

Drum your fingers in tricky patterns from songs, if you remember them. Imagine hitting a jump pattern: upright, updown, leftdown, updown, upright... upright, downright, leftup, leftdown, upright... Practice patterns left-to-right and right-to-left. When your hand learns these patterns, they'll be easier to perform in-game.

If you want to be the best of all time, you need natural talent. If you want to be really good, spread is the way to go. (I find that wider key-settings are more comfortable that tight ones, e.g., using zx./ for spread. When you get really good, you might switch styles in the middle of a song, and that will require your keys to be close together (I remember a "Flight of the Bumblebee" AAA that switched between spread and index)). I like one-handing because it's uncommon. I use unorthodox keys--I encourage you to experiment and find some keys that you're comfortable with.

FFR is a game, first and foremost. Play for fun. When you're tired, take a break. When you're frustrated, take a break.
I've been meaning to write a training guide.
---
ChiefOlukOneHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
DJ moe_bass
FFR Player

0.0 wowza it took me about 2 minutes to read that whole article about me getting better. very good composing of those paragraphs man. I hope I improve enough to actually get to a high lvl like you said but I wont make screenshots cuz im lazy lol.
(I need to thought xP)

Old 07-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
aFreakOfNature2332
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aFreakOfNature2332 Send a message via MSN to aFreakOfNature2332 Send a message via Yahoo to aFreakOfNature2332

I'm good spread. My spread keys are [k], [,], [/], [']. I'm pretty good one-hand. My one hand keys are [j], [i], [o], [;]. I find this one-handed style to be very good and very fun. I've played one-handed for about eight months, and I can FC 90% of all very challenging songs 90% of the time with very minimum boos, and almost never any averages.

Everyone seems to want you to switch to two-handed because they think that it's easier to get better at; or at least that's what I got out of their comments. You're new, right? I wouldn't expect to ever be admired by your skills, so just stick with the FUN one-handed way. And it gets even more fun when you can mult-task( i.e. eating, drinking, changing channels, fapping, scratching your itches, and maybe even playing against yourself).

Also, I don't suggest every doing anything that you can luckily AAA... EVER. Always play songs that challenge you in some way for any amount of time. I also disagree with ChiefOlukOneHand about once you get good, go back and FC easy songs. Don't ever go back. FCing almost never means anything at all, and AAAing is only admirable on very challenging songs and up. The only exception would be if you really like the song itself.

Last edited by aFreakOfNature2332; 07-31-2009 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: get rid of smileys
aFreakOfNature2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #20
DJ moe_bass
FFR Player

i hate jumps and chains they make my fingers die!
*puts band-aid on finger*