Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #1
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default TWGXIX Host Signups/Voting

Signups to host TWGXIX. PM/IM me with your paragraph for hosting. Ends Monday.

---

evilbutterfly

AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTELMEN: MY SPEECH FOR TWG-HOSTINATION:

Okay, so like, you know in Mafia (IRL TWG, for you uber noobers), there's no psychic, you just get told what people are when they die? Yeah, that's what we're doing. That way, you know how horribly screwed you are, and a psychic doesn't have to come out and be like "Hey guys there are still 5 million wolves left lol!" Also, I won't be writing any stories.

Now now, don't freak out! Instead of writing about TWG normally, I'LL DO A FLASH-BASED COMIC!! Here's an example I whipped up:

http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?i...emplate4cq.swf

Click the flash to advance the slides. The entire story will be like that, with a basic overview right after (Bob died, he was a human. Something like that, in case you're too lazy to watch the flash). If you can't see the flash, boohoo, I will not cater to your needs.

So uh, I think we're gonna go with, 14 players, 3 wolves (one master), 1 guardian, 1 seer. If those numbers aren't quite right (I never remember how many people are in the games, but don't worry, I'll have spreadsheets to keep everything straight once I know the details), just tell me and we can adjust. I'm really not good with TWG balance, and we can always change it on the fly, especially depending on how many people wanna play.

Just remember guys: Flash-based comic. Complete with stick figure goodness, and possible seizures.

---

GuidoHunter

Story: standard TWG line. Group is somewhere, they find out there are serial killers among them, they decide to lynch people. People rarely care all that much about the story, anyway.

HOWEVER, the death messages will not be for the weak of stomach. Long and intricate, they will be the focus of the stories.

Roles: Three wolves, sixteen people. No special reds, three blues.

Voyeur: Just like last time. The voyeur can choose to watch someone at night. If the person he is watching gets wolfed, the voyeur will be told the identities of one of the wolves. However, the voyeur only gets three chances to watch someone.

Kamikaze: The divine wind is a blue who can choose to fly down and sweep away someone of his choice, removing them both from the game (though I'll tell you right now that it won't be so gentle in the story).

Prostitute: The prostitute is a special seer. She can choose to sleep with someone of her choice each night, thus finding out the identity of the person if he gets up to kill someone. However, with a prostitute comes blackmail. Each night, the wolves will pick someone. If that person is with the prostitute that night, his vote will not count the next day due to the blackmail. Nobody will know whether or not this is successful unless it becomes important to the lynching, in which case I will announce who gets lynched (or if there is a KiB). Be especially aware of phantom votes with this.

e.g. Tass has three votes and one phantom. Chardish has three votes and no phantoms. Hans, who is being blackmailed, voted for Tass. So, at the end of the day, rather than Tass dying as everyone would suspect, chardish dies instead.

RULES ADAPTATIONS: The game will be over when the number of wolves EQUALS the number of humans, rather than having the wolves outnumber them.

Mystery PMs are acceptable. I know this wasn't illegal in the first place, but I was going to make it so, so that the voyeur couldn't spam everyone and tell the Kamikaze to blow someone up without risking their hides. Then I though, well, anyone could write a mystery PM, so I want to see some deception.

Special roles will not be announced upon death.

Instalynch will occur upon a majority of votes regardless of phantoms. The problem arose last game when there were six people. Four was the insta number, but with how it worked out, four people could vote for one person and two for blah (who had three phantoms), giving blah 4.001 votes and the other person 4. So, all instas will factor in number of real votes only.

That's my game.

--Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: TWGXIX Host Signups/Voting

Question to Guido: the kamakaze is JUST like the vigilante of yesteryear, with the difference that he dies as well as his victim when used, as opposed to the vigilante who doesn't.... BUT, that doesn't change the fact that it is in the favor of the greens/blues for the kamakaze to come forward at the start of day 1 and say "I'M THE KAMAZAKE!"... if they are lying, the real kamakaze comes forward and kills them both, one less wolf for one less human is an excellent trade for the humans, especially since we're playing a team game now and you don't have to survive til the end to win. If they aren't lying... instant alliance.

It would actually seem beneficial to the wolves to fake a kamazake off the bat to get him out of the game before an alliance can start, which means this game will be a 14 person twg with 2 wolves and no MW... plus your whore and peeping tom. Not balanced.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

It all really comes down to whether the wolves would do that or not, though. Not doing it has certain advantages for the wolves, as well (there's more of them, in particular).

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

no qreepy tass is right. while any blue could theoretically come out, announce their role, and hope to form an alliance, only with the kamikaze/vigilante can a wolf not hope to come out as well to fake it, since the real one can kill him/her. So either it's one wolf down early on or it's a strong alliance with a confirmed human that has two-three days of guaranteed life (because of the voyeur).
Old 08-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Yeah.

Forgot about the Voyeur completely. =/

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

WOOOOH! I was going to vote Guido, but now that Tass raises his point, and I see that eb is doing his story Flash style...
Old 08-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #7
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

If the Voyeur was replaced by a townsperson, would THAT work?

Or if the Kamikaze were?

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #8
talisman
Resident Penguin

Send a message via AIM to talisman

I really like the prostitute idea as well as the mystery pm thing. But this kamikaze thing is killing me.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

By the way, the kamikaze's gone. With a guardian type thing around there's always a way to break it.

I'm thinking of using the bookie as a third role, just for kicks.

Each night, the bookie chooses either who he thinks will be killed during the night or who will be lynched the following day. If he is correct he has the opportunity to either see someone or bring someone back to life. In this game the bookie will work exclusively for the humans.

Also, my game will have a master wolf, since I feel they are necessary. Some more thought needs to be done for the side sizes, but let it be known that there is no more Kami and there is now a MW.

EDIT: I think the potential power of the bookie of reviving someone would merit bumping the game up to 4/18. Perhaps limit the bookie to one revival? Maybe altering his power to just seering or something different? Ooo, maybe giving him a vigi power (anonymous, of course, since it happens at night). I like that last one...

EDIT2: Okay, so I really like the idea of a 3/16 game with the bookie only having vigi powers. The numbers favor the humans, but the roles favor the wolves.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #10
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

You'll have to make sure that when someone gets wolfed or lynched they don't find out who the wolves are, or else it will ruin the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:44 PM   #11
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Err, how would it do that?

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #12
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

If they got revived, Qreepy, but I don't think that will be happening.

As per my second edit, I'd like to try a game like that.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:44 PM   #13
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Hmm. I like Guido's idea. Sorry EB, yours is good too, but I really wanna try all the new stuff in Guido's first.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Guido FGJ!.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #15
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Guido.

Next time for sure, eb.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #16
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

More like, next time for sure, Chardish (or Qreepy [really Chardish, though]).

:O:O:O

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:55 AM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

eb

As I had a decent conversation with Guido on AIM about his game.... he is trying to put in ALOT of new things all at once, which cleraly will lead to balance issues like Chardish's games usually have... I say give Guido another game's worth of time to think his game over more and get it balanced, THEN lets try it out. Plus, you're now just trying to throw rolls together haphazardly to try and get it balanced, which IMO... it isn't. Give it 2 weeks or so to figure it out, get it right... then lets play it.

EDIT: uh... also eb... you say 14/3 for the game. Normal games are 16/3. You can still make it 14/3, but just realize there will be 1 less day for the humans. Your call.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #18
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I've gotta go with eb, too. After reading Guido's initial host signup and then his edits, I forgot exactly what the game consisted of. Now, I'm not so sure the game is balanced or not.

Granted, we've had normal TWGs a lot lately, but this change in story is a breath of fresh air... making every day and night a flash-based comic? Simply awesome. More people will pay attention to the story, too. It adds something to the game, for those of you losers who don't read it.

Crap. At this rate, I'll never get to host ;-;

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #19
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Oh yeah, I was gonna do this a long time ago. eb
Old 08-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #20
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

eb

ROFL, I bandwagoned, I'm a wolf.
Closed Thread